Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Death

Asterix

Death is not good.

Therefore, let us all choose life and live happy togather!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unorthodox Thesis

• CatAstrofix

• earthygirl04

• Asterix

Hell yeh, course im scared of dying. But im only scared of it when i think of it, so i dont think of it.

Unless you really have nothing to live for, Then underneath it all, i think everyone is afraid of dying.

But in the end, Its a natural part of life, and however scared we are of it, wont change the fact that its going to happen

I know I'll die, that's inevitable, but I know that I'll see God after that, so even if I don't like the idea of dying, it's just the door to Heaven. And that's a good place, so why fearing it? original.gif

Yeah, OK. I know this isn't the song of the hour thread. But if ever there was a song that expresses my feelings on something it's this one. We're born, we grow and learn (hopefully), we pass on our knowledge, wisdom and/or experiences, then move on to let the following generations to continue with the exploration of life.

Simple, elegant, and no need for extraneous deities. tongue.gifwhistling2.gif

And When I'm Gone

I'm not scared of dying

and I don't really care

if it's peace you find in dying,

well then, let the time be near

If it's peace you find in dying,

well then dying time is near

just bundle up my coffin,

'cause it's

cold way down there,

I hear that it's

cold way down there, yeah

crazy cold, way down there

And when I die, and when I'm gone

there'll be, one child born

in this world

to carry on, to carry on

Now troubles are many

there as

deep as a well

I can swear there ain't no Heaven

but I pray there ain't no hell

Swear there ain't no Heaven

and I'll pray there ain't no hell

but I'll never know by livin'

only my dyin' will tell, yes only my

dyin' will tell, oh yeah,

Only my dyin' will tell

And when I die, and when I'm gone

there'll be, one child born, in this world

to carry on, to carry on

yeah yeah

Give me my freedom

for as long as I be

All I ask of livin'

is to have no chains on me

All I ask of livin'

is to have no chains on me

And all I ask of dyin' is to

go natrually, only wanna

go naturally

Here I go!

hey hey

Here come the devil

right behind

look out children, here he come

here he come, heyyy

Don't wanna go by the devil

don't wanna go by the demon

don't wanna go by satan

don't wann die uneasy

just let me go

naturally

And when I die, and when I'm dead

dead and gone

there'll be

one child born, in our world

to carry on, to carry on

Im guessing she's as rare as the bands Chiba Mato, or Rasputina, both excellent by the way, oh, and i think i misspelled the first one. Whoops.

i'm not afraid of death. i'm one of the majority of people who fear public speaking more then death.

So you are saying that you would rather be in the casket than giving the eulogy?

laugh.gif . yep cool.gif . anyway i probably won't sit in a casket, as i am an organ donor. and whats left to me i don't care what happens to it. i'm gonna be dead anyway so i don't think i'd mind. cool.gif

I know everyone will say that they arent afraid of death.

While this may be true, I think almost everone fears not being alive more than dying, because when you die there may be nothing else, heaven, rebirth, hell, wherever you believe you will go when you die.

If you arent afraid of death, then why be afraid of anything else, if your afraid of spiders its because their bite is poisonous and will kill you, same with almost anything else we fear.

Some times people get so low in their life they become fearless when it comes to death because frankly they dont care if they live or not.

I also think alot of people could say that they are afraid of dying more than death itself.

I certainly can't wait to die! original.gif Not that I'm suicidal, What I mean is... What an adventure. I know it's impossible to simply dissapear, because I tried imagining it, and it doesn't make sense to me. I know there's an afterlife, and I can't wait to see what it's like.

I do not fear losing my life, however I do not look forward to the pain usually involved in the dying process.

How about the cultures that celebrate death (not sure what they are called). I know in America we don't typically do this. To be afriad of death, to me is to be afraid of living. Sometimes I'm afraid of both but then I bought this super, sonic evil blaster... and now I'm not afraid wink2.gif

and I want to leave my body to medical science, does anyone know how I go about this (I live in the UK) Thanx abduct.gif

I am terrified of death... I usually try not to think about it because if I do, I get really anxious about it. I think it's the fact that no one really KNOWS what happens when you die, there's just lots of theories and ideas about it... the unknown in this case terrifies me...and the finality and inevitability of it. *shudders* Also I'm at a point in my life where I still feel like I've got too much to do and to see to even THINK about dying.... I'm not ready. Maybe as I get older and accomplish more of my goals maybe that will help me make some peace with it. I hope so.

Just thinking about when we die is a weird feeling. Anyone ever do that...just try to think what their last feeling will be or what will happen afterwards? It's crazy.

As Woody Allen once said, "I am not afraid of dying, I just dont want to be there when it happens"

Teddy.

There's nothing to fear but fear itself!!! Just borrowing that quote but it seems to be the best oppinion!!!

Don't be afraid of death, dear.

I think of it as just another adventure... after everything bad, something good is bound to happen.

Sure....Maybe we'll all go to heaven! Yay!

Or maybe... we'll all go to hell. Or some poeple believe

that you'll come back as a tree, or a bird. Or, you'll

have a place in the palace of pearls with the 70 virgins

and the strength and appetite of a hundred men, or

you'll evolve into another being, or come back as another

human, or as atheists believe you'd go to the moritican and

then into the ground. what makes you so sure, that the next

life (if there is one) is better than this one?

Afraid of dying???Yes,kinda,but because of the unknown.........more curious than anything else though.

Edited by Tess

I dont fear death, in fact I kinda look forward to it....

Sort of like being in a movie you have no interest in, but cant wait to see how it ends.....

I dont want to die and im still young so I dont really have anything to worry about yet, besides a freak accident! But I have excepted that we all die eventually and that it will happen to me one day!

I`m not afraid yet, more curious, i really do hope there is more after this life!

Well Hopefully I wont have to confront this for a longgggg time and untill then I`m just going to embrace life and just live it!!! thumbsup.gif

No one should have to die. But, since you cannot come back from the

dead by will, you cannot proove whats on the other side. Its a matter

of faith. Infact, humans are so stubborn, that even if we could come back

by will, we would not believe.

Edited by Norman

I've learned myself not to fear the inevitable (i hope tongue.gif )

Death is simply a transition from one state of energy (in our case, matter), to another state of energy. I take comfort in knowing that one of several options will occur:

My psyche will be imprinted on the envrionment as a "recording-type haunting";

My psyche will continue in a sentient (albeit non-physical) state;

My psyche will be re-integrated into another body;

My psyche will be dispersed to become part of a majectic mountain, a strong tree, or even something as simple as a delicate rose that brings pleasure to a women's sense of smell for a season. original.gif