Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can I inherit Psychic Abilities

XxMaximumxX

And yes ironically I'm a sceptic aswell just an open one. There are a lot of frauds out there. It's that way with nearly everything. They can't proove things because they are not real. Gifted people can only receive information in their minds. There is the problem. The mind is subjective. Infact I beleive the nature of reality is subjective rather than objective. This makes perfect sense if the universe is built on conciousness. Robert munroe in an astrial travel experiment conducted by sceientists was supposed to pick out a string of numbers. He could not do it. But he was able to know that one of the experimenters left the observation room when she was not supposed to. He was also knew that it was a man she met out in the hallway and a couple of other details. Hey was able to find concepts and relationships not numbers and objective information. That's because he was not witnessing things with his eyes. For the most part your eyes are objective. He was wittnessing things with is soul or mind. The amount of information was significant.

Edited by Seeker79

Nothing will change the world as we know it. Great numbers of people already beleive and great numbers of them will never beleive No matter how objective confirming data is. 90% of the world already beleives some sort of higher power. The rest are agnostics and atheists. Atheist being the least reasonable position of them all. Proof might grab some of the agnostics and a few atheists, but I have a feeing the atheists would trump on with all kinds of wild theories. Atheism is a faith that there is nothing but reductionist ideas, and ultimatley reduction will lead to some theory of everything, that will explain all of creation. They are incapable of taking into account data that goes against their world view much like a fundamentalist. If there is some sort of data the only state of mind they have is to continue to reduce it. It does not matter what the data is. If I walk up to a crippled boy and heal him ( not saying I can) an atheist will say yeah right, show me his medical papers let me talk to his doctor. After doing so and finding everything in order, he will still beleive it's some sort of hoax. He will not be able to escape the idea. He will ask the healer to do again and the healer being enlightened has no need whatsoever to proove anything to the sceptic and will refuse experimentation. The healer knows the sceptic will come around some day l.. if not now then upon his death, tritfully using such power is against the nature of the gift. In adition, if you are forced to beleive through some sort of proof, you don't really have an experience with the truth. You can be lied to, many have and will. Only if the sceptic was the boy and lived throuh the personal experience will he be changed. Personal experience is the only way to experience the spirit. It is the only way. You want proof? Learn to spiritwalk and you will have your proof. If the truth is that important to you then you have to explore this experience, then make the decision for yourself and your own observations instead of relying on others.

Edited by Seeker79

Nothing will change the world as we know it. Great numbers of people already beleive and great numbers of them will never beleive No matter how objective confirming data is. 90% of the world already beleives some sort of higher power. The rest are agnostics and atheists. Atheist being the least reasonable position of them all. Proof might grab some of the agnostics and a few atheists, but I have a feeing the atheists would trump on with all kinds of wild theories. Atheism is a faith that there is nothing but reductionist ideas, and ultimatley reduction will lead to some theory of everything, that will explain all of creation. They are incapable of taking into account data that goes against their world view much like a fundamentalist. If there is some sort of data the only state of mind they have is to continue to reduce it. It does not matter what the data is. If I walk up to a crippled boy and heal him ( not saying I can) an atheist will say yeah right, show me his medical papers let me talk to his doctor. After doing so and finding everything in order, he will still beleive it's some sort of hoax. He will not be able to escape the idea. He will ask the healer to do again and the healer being enlightened has no need whatsoever to proove anything to the sceptic and will refuse experimentation. The healer knows the sceptic will come around some day l.. if not now then upon his death, tritfully using such power is against the nature of the gift. In adition, if you are forced to beleive through some sort of proof, you don't really have an experience with the truth. You can be lied to, many have and will. Only if the sceptic was the boy and lived throuh the personal experience will he be changed. Personal experience is the only way to experience the spirit. It is the only way. You want proof? Learn to spiritwalk and you will have your proof. If the truth is that important to you then you have to explore this experience, then make the decision for yourself and your own observations instead of relying on others.

Sounds like the same old, "blah, blah". Once again, more excuses why it cant be proved. :no:

Sounds like the same old, "blah, blah". Once again, more excuses why it cant be proved. :no:

:) Sounds like to the old unwillingness to try for your self. If proof is rpeatable results there is plenty of it. Shamanic Journies, and other experiences are well documented and have been going on and used as tools for all of human history. Good ole eric comes along and says well i dont have the disceplin to experience these things so it must not be real.

Well I cant afford the materials, and time, to perform a double slit experimnet to experince wave particle duality for myself either.....im just as guilty. But i dont write it off, and say its not real because I cant do it. thats What you have done. Furthermore. a blind person cannot experience many things a seeing person can, but they usually dont say its fake..

Unwillingness to learn is the problem Eric, you have seen so many fakes, and have been so thouroly endoctrinated into reductionist thinking, you have developed faith in your sceptisim, and have lost true objectivity. Spend several years learning to meditate and open yourself a bit and i promise you will have your proof.

I'll have three soon, and I already knew you were younger than me. I was exactly like you once. That's why I know it will be you who will do the growing. Your actually on the right path I think, because you have to start with questions. The problem that so many people have is that they stop asking and get stuck. Thank the spirits that that did not happen to me. I live a very full physical and spiritual life now. Al be it it was tumultuouse at first. I'm maried to a beautiful philapina woman, two increadble little boys, another on it's way. I own my business that's lucrative enough, I work maby 8 hours a week while my employees handle the rest. I can astrial travel and talk with spirits. They have taught me so manythings small and big. I'm educated degrees in economics, finance, with minors in libral arts and acounting. My business makes me a leader in my community and it's something iv been doing since a very young age. And im just beginning to grow up. I teach young ones to never except things at face value and trust themselves above all others. Getting caught up in social institutions is what enslaves people.... Including science and religion. Your a smart guy mulder but you have the Ferver of a fundamentalist. You refuse to think bigger than what has been shown to you, and you Should know better.

Dont pretend youre like me, or that you know me.

Also, being spiritual has nothing to do with this.

Religion enslaves, science sets people free. If it wasnt for science, wed All still be believing in made up deitiesto try and explain the world around us. Science broke those boundaries.

Im no fundementalist.

Now you have read my posts, you know a little about me, tell me you beleive I'm full of crap, and I'll understand you better, tell me you think I'm insane or at least highly imaginative and will understand you better. If you think those things, then arguing is pointless because your either arguing with a liar or a mad man. Now with that said my experiences are very real, and many others have similar ones. You don't, so you are at a disadvantage. You only trust the facts..... Great so do I. It is a fact for me to have an experience where I fly around with spirits and learn things. It's my fact and others have the same thing, so it's not just me. You have a faith that it has to fit within the normal parameters of currently observed science or it can't possibly be real yet admit that you or science does not have all the answers ( i would say very few at that ). How can you possibly argue so ferverantly and suggest I shouldn't teach others about what I know, when you know for a fact that science cannot explain so much. Your a walking condridiction my friend. I'm sorry not an insult, just an observation.

I dont think youre full of it. I think you need to do more reading.

I have no faith in science, or deities. As one cannt believe in science. We know science doesnt have all the answers, because theyre are so many, and many of which doesnt have ANYTHING to do with science. So, it has no answer. That lame argument is the same as saying "well, why accept the government, as they dont have the answer to whether or not there is a god". It doesnt matter.

Im not contradiction, the only insults your dishing out are towards yourself, with your lack of understand. Sorry Seeker. But thats it man.

Dont pretend youre like me, or that you know me.

Also, being spiritual has nothing to do with this.

Religion enslaves, science sets people free. If it wasnt for science, wed All still be believing in made up deitiesto try and explain the world around us. Science broke those boundaries.

Im no fundementalist.

I dont think youre full of it. I think you need to do more reading.

I have no faith in science, or deities. As one cannt believe in science. We know science doesnt have all the answers, because theyre are so many, and many of which doesnt have ANYTHING to do with science. So, it has no answer. That lame argument is the same as saying "well, why accept the government, as they dont have the answer to whether or not there is a god". It doesnt matter.

Im not contradiction, the only insults your dishing out are towards yourself, with your lack of understand. Sorry Seeker. But thats it man.

Mulder, thanks brother, we have common groung after all.

"We know science doesnt have all the answers, because theyre are so many, and many of which doesnt have ANYTHING to do with science."

Our exchanges are important my friend. Others whatch and learn.

Things were not so bad before agriculture, architechture, sceince, and religion. 15,000 years ago we lived in harmony with our environmnets. We could feed ourselves, we did not rely on governmnets, we were free to roam and live as we chose, we did not commit mass murder, no nuclear weapons, no guns, good bow and arrows take a tremendous amount of time and energy to make, no loosing valuable life time to television and video games, sexual expression was not stiffled, we did not work our entire lives for only two weeks of vacation a year, we spent many hours training our children, and spending time with them, we did not ship our kids off every morning to be industrilized, there was no such thing as rich or poor even the concept would not have been understood. We did not poison the earth and its creatures, and we understood our place in the world was to be apart of it not master it. There was no famine, because we did not rely on crops, there were no pandemics and mass disease, because everyone interacted in small bands of people and disease vectors were not strong. There was no large scale war and death, just a few scirmishes here and there. Most people relized that violence did not sereve them.

It remains to be seen if science has had a positive influance on mankind or not. If we destroy ourselves, then obviously it did not. If we poison the earth so bad we cannot live, then it did not. If we create societies that control and maniplate people, then it did not. If create economies that keep us enslaved to it, by forcing us to work our entire lives just to eat and have a place to sleep, then it did not.

The benefits of sceince, may end up being an illusion or a trade off that wasnt worth it. If a solor emp blast hits us tomorrow western civilization will know exactly what im talking about. See you mulder its been fun.

Mulder, thanks brother, we have common groung after all.

"We know science doesnt have all the answers, because theyre are so many, and many of which doesnt have ANYTHING to do with science."

Our exchanges are important my friend. Others whatch and learn.

No we dont.

Things were not so bad before agriculture, architechture, sceince, and religion. 15,000 years ago we lived in harmony with our environmnets. We could feed ourselves, we did not rely on governmnets, we were free to roam and live as we chose, we did not commit mass murder, no nuclear weapons, no guns, good bow and arrows take a tremendous amount of time and energy to make, no loosing valuable life time to television and video games, sexual expression was not stiffled, we did not work our entire lives for only two weeks of vacation a year, we spent many hours training our children, and spending time with them, we did not ship our kids off every morning to be industrilized, there was no such thing as rich or poor even the concept would not have been understood. We did not poison the earth and its creatures, and we understood our place in the world was to be apart of it not master it. There was no famine, because we did not rely on crops, there were no pandemics and mass disease, because everyone interacted in small bands of people and disease vectors were not strong. There was no large scale war and death, just a few scirmishes here and there. Most people relized that violence did not sereve them.

Interesting ideas of what it was like.

But, fail to see how thats relevant.

It remains to be seen if science has had a positive influance on mankind or not. If we destroy ourselves, then obviously it did not. If we poison the earth so bad we cannot live, then it did not. If we create societies that control and maniplate people, then it did not. If create economies that keep us enslaved to it, by forcing us to work our entire lives just to eat and have a place to sleep, then it did not.

No. It just remains to be seen why people dont accept science, and its benefits to mankind.

Humans destroying themselves doesnt have to do with science. A nuke doesnt drop itself.

You can try to warp ideas to make it look bad as much as you want.

The benefits of sceince, may end up being an illusion or a trade off that wasnt worth it. If a solor emp blast hits us tomorrow western civilization will know exactly what im talking about. See you mulder its been fun.

Huh?

Anyways, weve been hit by solar activity a lot.

you can't really inherit them because all human beings have these "gifts". words like "gifts" and "abilities" only make people believe certain people are chosen and others are not. What one person can do, another can, we are all human. just depends on your will and awareness.

you can't really inherit them because all human beings have these "gifts". words like "gifts" and "abilities" only make people believe certain people are chosen and others are not. What one person can do, another can, we are all human. just depends on your will and awareness.

You can will yourself an ability?

Lol it's in the part that 'scientists' call 'junk' dna, in amongst the pointless things that they tell us not to worry about because they are scared to say that they haven't got a clue.

and you are privvy to what this so called junk dna contains? how is that exactly?

Ive had random, intermittent, commonly uncontrolled, but verifiable and very real, psychic/ paranormal abilities from my first memories and im now nrearly 60.

I knew tha tsome of my ancestors had gifts of fortune telling but until about a year ago i never knew my mother had a couple of specific abilities She never used them or told us about them until i was talkinh about my own Then bioth my mother and father told mr of my mothers gifts and how they manifested.

So I tend to think that, at least in part, such gifts are inherited. But whether that is genetic or not i dont know.

While my parents never talked about my mothers gifts, subconsciously i was, perhaps, raised in an environment more open to the unusual than many children. i was encouraged to be imaginative/intuitive as well as logical and rational.

That could also influence my awareness of things. People who strongly dont believe or are strongly skeptical i think subconsciously push away, or igmore, their own gifts and abilities.

Do that regularly and you tend to lose touch with them. Embrance them, study them , sensitise your self to them, and what ever your natural abilities, you will enhance them.

Ive had random, intermittent, commonly uncontrolled, but verifiable and very real, psychic/ paranormal abilities from my first memories and im now nrearly 60.

I knew tha tsome of my ancestors had gifts of fortune telling but until about a year ago i never knew my mother had a couple of specific abilities She never used them or told us about them until i was talkinh about my own Then bioth my mother and father told mr of my mothers gifts and how they manifested.

So I tend to think that, at least in part, such gifts are inherited. But whether that is genetic or not i dont know.

While my parents never talked about my mothers gifts, subconsciously i was, perhaps, raised in an environment more open to the unusual than many children. i was encouraged to be imaginative/intuitive as well as logical and rational.

That could also influence my awareness of things. People who strongly dont believe or are strongly skeptical i think subconsciously push away, or igmore, their own gifts and abilities.

Do that regularly and you tend to lose touch with them. Embrance them, study them , sensitise your self to them, and what ever your natural abilities, you will enhance them

im trying .. but it kind of hard when people are claiming that im faking but they dont know what going on in my head.. im even starting to doubt myself

im trying .. but it kind of hard when people are claiming that im faking but they dont know what going on in my head.. im even starting to doubt myself

Yes you musent let others influence you like that. . Most sceptics have closed their minds, and they will try to close yours. Guard carefully against that.

If you are true to yourself, that is really al that matters. It can be hard for people with no experience of the paranormal to accept any of this. I can understand that. But their lack of personal experience is NOT valid to/for a person with such experience. So you can't let them imose their own natural doubts on you Yopu KNOW better.

If they really trouble you, dont discuss your experiences with doubters and skeptics.

If you doubt yourself you will lose your gift. Do not dis believe in the truth or you will become a lie. A lie is the the beginning of ignorance and ignorance only leads to hate, greed, and pain. So live, laugh, love and believe in yourself above all else. If you do this, eventually you will find the truth. Whether immediately or seconds before death, it will happen.

Yes you musent let others influence you like that. . Most sceptics have closed their minds, and they will try to close yours. Guard carefully against that.

Yeah. Dont listen to logic, as seeker said.

But, if you dont doubt yourself, and have an ability, shut all the skeptics up by showing it to them. Stick it to the man!

Yeah. Dont listen to logic, as seeker said.

But, if you dont doubt yourself, and have an ability, shut all the skeptics up by showing it to them. Stick it to the man!

Doubt by others, of any human capacity, can be damaging and limiting. Have enough people tell you you are incapable of love, and you will tend your doubt your own capacity for love.

Rational skepticism is one thing. But constantly telling anyone that what they know to be true is impposible can have very negative efects. And usually such "tellers" are speaking from no more expertise than their own life experiences.

Anyone with expereinces slightly outside the human norm is likely to get a lot of negativity /disbelief, and nay saying. The only thing one can do is hold fast to what one knows to be true, and accept that all human experience is not held in common.

I had a weird experience the other day i we were called to the auditorium for an assembly about texting and driving and the night before i had a dream of a vision i have no i idea i seem to forget what it was every time i have one.. about this really blonde girl in a white truck and at the assembly the mother of the teenage girl was talking to use about the dangers of texting and driving and and said that her daughter died a year ago and showed us pictures and it was the girl from my dream and the lady lead us out to a white truck that had crushed in the wreck and i felt sadness and guilt so instantly i started crying...lately Ive been an emotional wreck

Yes your vision and syncronistic events can keep you on edge. Try to relax and accept the things you see. Notice the connections casually. Don't let it bother you. If you let it bother you your going to be a wreck all the time. Let it be a calm flo in your life.

Good luck. You sound young, so stay calm and trust in the great spirit.

You can will yourself an ability?

no by spreading your awareness to the hidden "skills" that we all have, taking your mind out of the box you, and society builds you into.

I had another dream last night it made no sense at all .. i was telling a boy i that i was pregnant with his child and a little crow chirps on the rail of the porch i talk to this very strange girl i knew 4 years ago something involving a necklace??..honestly i have no clue what going on and if feel retarded for dreaming such a dream

ok first to the OP: Its difficult to say whether or not these gifts can be genetic. Without something tangible that we can wrap our heads around, look at, and try to manipulate your guess is as good as mine. This is not saying that these things do or do not exist, merely that there is no documentation on a psychic gene. Environmental factors may be more likely.

To the rest of the twitter going on in the post:

If I were psychic I would not want to document and prove my ability merely for the fact that I personally would not want to deal with all the attention that goes with it. Hours/Days/Months/Years of evaluation in labs, universities, on tv, etc would take over my life and leave me with not much else, taking away from the quality of life. And all for what? Science? Sorry but I value my life too much to give it to everyone else to poke at every corner of my existance. If I wouldnt wish that on myself, why wish that on someone else?

If you dont believe that fine. If you do believe thats ok too! And a healthy debate is always welcoming to read to try to see all the angles of the question. But all the name calling takes away from the debate, making your post less llikely to be considered. Just IMO

• 1 month later...

Sorry, but no. Your Grandmother practiced it, wasn't BORN with it. Which means it's not genetic. So, maybe you're developing them on your own.

I had a weird experience the other day i we were called to the auditorium for an assembly about texting and driving and the night before i had a dream of a vision i have no i idea i seem to forget what it was every time i have one.. about this really blonde girl in a white truck and at the assembly the mother of the teenage girl was talking to use about the dangers of texting and driving and and said that her daughter died a year ago and showed us pictures and it was the girl from my dream and the lady lead us out to a white truck that had crushed in the wreck and i felt sadness and guilt so instantly i started crying...lately Ive been an emotional wreck

Those are signs of empathy and clairvoyance. Two of the most common things to have. I, myself, have clairvoyance. Empathy is when you know what other people are feeling and then YOU, yourself, feel those feelings, except stronger. Clairvoyance is when you dream or know when something is going to happen. Kind of, in a way, like seeing the future, but not really.

ok first to the OP: Its difficult to say whether or not these gifts can be genetic. Without something tangible that we can wrap our heads around, look at, and try to manipulate your guess is as good as mine. This is not saying that these things do or do not exist, merely that there is no documentation on a psychic gene. Environmental factors may be more likely.

To the rest of the twitter going on in the post:

If I were psychic I would not want to document and prove my ability merely for the fact that I personally would not want to deal with all the attention that goes with it. Hours/Days/Months/Years of evaluation in labs, universities, on tv, etc would take over my life and leave me with not much else, taking away from the quality of life. And all for what? Science? Sorry but I value my life too much to give it to everyone else to poke at every corner of my existance. If I wouldnt wish that on myself, why wish that on someone else?

If you dont believe that fine. If you do believe thats ok too! And a healthy debate is always welcoming to read to try to see all the angles of the question. But all the name calling takes away from the debate, making your post less llikely to be considered. Just IMO

No offence to you jax jax, but answers like this as to why you wouldn't prove an ability often make me wonder about the way Humanity is going.

I've not done any studies but I am willing to bet that if asked, most people would say that they would give their life to save 1 million people. The way I see it, proving your psychic abilities would be very similar, except you wouldn't have to give your life (as in die) and you could save 6 billion people. Why out of all of these psychics that are around, who often tout that psychics are almost all good honest people willing to help others, will NONE of them take that sacrifice for the good of the rest of the world?