Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can I inherit Psychic Abilities

XxMaximumxX

Psychic ability could be genetically inherited. It is possible also that it is dependent on the astrological conjunctions identifiable in a person's natal birthchart.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes your vision and syncronistic events can keep you on edge. Try to relax and accept the things you see. Notice the connections casually. Don't let it bother you. If you let it bother you your going to be a wreck all the time. Let it be a calm flo in your life.

Good luck. You sound young, so stay calm and trust in the great spirit.

Yes i am pretty young i barley turned 18

no by spreading your awareness to the hidden "skills" that we all have, taking your mind out of the box you, and society builds you into.

Society has nothing to do with it. You cant will an ability, or will it away. So its bunk.

How does one "realize" a hidden skill, that is biological, yet has been undetected forever?

Psychic ability could be genetically inherited. It is possible also that it is dependent on the astrological conjunctions identifiable in a person's natal birthchart.

Well, none of thats true, otherwise: it would actually be detectable since its biological, And, its got nothing to do with astrology as thats pure bunk.

If I were psychic I would not want to document and prove my ability merely for the fact that I personally would not want to deal with all the attention that goes with it. Hours/Days/Months/Years of evaluation in labs, universities, on tv, etc would take over my life and leave me with not much else, taking away from the quality of life. And all for what? Science? Sorry but I value my life too much to give it to everyone else to poke at every corner of my existance. If I wouldnt wish that on myself, why wish that on someone else?

If you dont believe that fine. If you do believe thats ok too! And a healthy debate is always welcoming to read to try to see all the angles of the question. But all the name calling takes away from the debate, making your post less llikely to be considered. Just IMO

BS excuse. Why would you be so selfish? You have a chance to show the world youre actyally right, and that these abilities exist, so then the rest of the world claiming they have one doesnt have to live with being laughed at. It would be the right thing to do. You would progress humankind with this new knowledge as well.

And if it is just an ability, why hide it? You dont hide the fact that you breath, or see or smell? So hows this even different? Its not bud.

Agent mulder i understand your skepticism, philosophically/intellectually, but i cant truly comprehend/appreciate it because my life is filled with the things you think are impossible. I dont know the answers to some of the questions but i do know that no one can say that psychic powers cant be genetic. We are still decoding all the details of the human genome and finding some fascinating things. We are also coming ot a better understanding of the power and detail contained within the human dna.

I dont know that no one has found the potential for psychic abilities. I doubt that this information would be made public immediately. But i do know there is no evidence that it is impossible.

The nature nurture debate is interesting I was over 50 before i found out that my mother and a longline of her ancestors had psychic powers. I knew i did from the time i ca first remember even before i knew wha they were or that not all peole had them Thus i suspect that i was not nurtured into my abilities but came by them physically somehow. Given that dna and genetics determines all other human potentials why should such abilities be any differnt

However in a family of doubt, skepticism, and put downs, such abilities may be put aside and never used, grown, developed, or encouraged. My parents encouraged imagination, creativity, reading anyhting i was capable of reading, and attemtping everything our minds could imagine. And so i was never put off the idea of psychic powers, until i realised that my peers were scared by them.

Humans can do much more than is commonly accepted. I have never had great control over the range of abilities i have, but i use them when they manifest, to good purpose.

I think that if i had studied pursued and practised these things, with the dedication time and effort i have put into, say, growing my knowledge base and intelligence, then i would have more understanding and control over them, even if they remained sporadic.

But life has too many things in it. I already live intensely more than 18 hours a day, every day and spend a lot of my nighttime working on lucid dream control and dreamscapes.Also this area doesnt offer as much hope for improvement as, say, increasing my physical fitness by exercising for 30 mins per day, so i prioritise.

But as a person from my generation might say, such abilities are cool. They are fascinating, and provide an insight into a largely untapped area of human potential.

Stay skeptical, but not so skeptical that you always conclude you are right, just because you have no evidence to the contrary. :devil: Other people do have contrary evidences. Some of us, a life time of them.

Ps seriously. When you display psychic abilities, many people get very scared, others get very hostile. (some are intrigued and curious)

Try to imagine what it would REALLY be like if you knew things you werent supposed to know, and told people about them, even with the intent of helping them.

Ok telling a person where their lost /stolen wallet or mobile phone can be found can be almost accepted, but try telling a pregnant woman her child will die still born.

Try telling a person what every key on their key ring does, even when they cant remember what some of the keys are for themselves. I mean how can I explain that i know one key opens an old green wooden door at the back of a house.

And when a person comes to you with a locked guitar case and a 10000 option combination, try telling them how you know the precise combination and can open the lock on the first attempt.

Try watching the face of you best friend when first you begin naming cards as he turns them over and looks at them, and then you proceed to predict every card before he turns it over and looks at it and you do this for nearly a whole pack, before he runs away in fear.

I had to give up buying raffle tickets, in my local community, (and in some cases was banned from buying them) because i almost always selected the winning ticket.

No. I can understand true psychics never saying a word about their abilities.

Nearly everyone breathes sees and smells :innocent:

Psychic powers/abilities differntiate, and people fear, envy, and distrus,t those who are different from them.

Edited by Mr Walker

Agent mulder i understand your skepticism, philosophically/intellectually, but i cant truly comprehend/appreciate it because my life is filled with the things you think are impossible. I dont know the answers to some of the questions but i do know that no one can say that psychic powers cant be genetic. We are still decoding all the details of the human genome and finding some fascinating things. We are also coming ot a better understanding of the power and detail contained within the human dna.

I dont know that no one has found the potential for psychic abilities. I doubt that this information would be made public immediately. But i do know there is no evidence that it is impossible.

The nature nurture debate is interesting I was over 50 before i found out that my mother and a longline of her ancestors had psychic powers. I knew i did from the time i ca first remember even before i knew wha they were or that not all peole had them Thus i suspect that i was not nurtured into my abilities but came by them physically somehow. Given that dna and genetics determines all other human potentials why should such abilities be any differnt

However in a family of doubt, skepticism, and put downs, such abilities may be put aside and never used, grown, developed, or encouraged. My parents encouraged imagination, creativity, reading anyhting i was capable of reading, and attemtping everything our minds could imagine. And so i was never put off the idea of psychic powers, until i realised that my peers were scared by them.

Humans can do much more than is commonly accepted. I have never had great control over the range of abilities i have, but i use them when they manifest, to good purpose.

I think that if i had studied pursued and practised these things, with the dedication time and effort i have put into, say, growing my knowledge base and intelligence, then i would have more understanding and control over them, even if they remained sporadic.

But life has too many things in it. I already live intensely more than 18 hours a day, every day and spend a lot of my nighttime working on lucid dream control and dreamscapes.Also this area doesnt offer as much hope for improvement as, say, increasing my physical fitness by exercising for 30 mins per day, so i prioritise.

But as a person from my generation might say, such abilities are cool. They are fascinating, and provide an insight into a largely untapped area of human potential.

Stay skeptical, but not so skeptical that you always conclude you are right, just because you have no evidence to the contrary. :devil: Other people do have contrary evidences. Some of us, a life time of them.

Ps seriously. When you display psychic abilities, many people get very scared, others get very hostile. (some are intrigued and curious)

Try to imagine what it would REALLY be like if you knew things you werent supposed to know, and told people about them, even with the intent of helping them.

Ok telling a person where their lost /stolen wallet or mobile phone can be found can be almost accepted, but try telling a pregnant woman her child will die still born.

Try telling a person what every key on their key ring does, even when they cant remember what some of the keys are for themselves. I mean how can I explain that i know one key opens an old green wooden door at the back of a house.

And when a person comes to you with a locked guitar case and a 10000 option combination, try telling them how you know the precise combination and can open the lock on the first attempt.

Try watching the face of you best friend when first you begin naming cards as he turns them over and looks at them, and then you proceed to predict every card before he turns it over and looks at it and you do this for nearly a whole pack, before he runs away in fear.

I had to give up buying raffle tickets, in my local community, (and in some cases was banned from buying them) because i almost always selected the winning ticket.

No. I can understand true psychics never saying a word about their abilities.

Nearly everyone breathes sees and smells :innocent:

Psychic powers/abilities differntiate, and people fear, envy, and distrus,t those who are different from them.

I actually tried telling my best friend about my visions she didnt freak out like i thought she would but when i told her that her dog was gonna die she freak out and told me to leave its hard trying to tell the truth and lie about what i see but when i tell someone they just basically turn thier back on me ..its so hard balancing these vision between senior year and i zone out alot

• 2 weeks later...

no idea

my grandma seems to have some abilities

but until she tells me that she had these psychic visions before the event happened, i won't believe her

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Can i Inherit Psychic Abilties from my Grandmother who was a witch the town has known her as a "Evil witch" but i condisder her a blessing an lately ive been having vision and seeing a spirt of a little boy in my room and my mother recently told me i might have inherited it from my Grandmother...Can that be true?

People will take the p*** out of anything and everything they see fit. Perhaps they think the term 'Psychic Powers' is maybe too extreme, maybe. I know I inherited empathy from my mother, regardless of how it may be proven I know I get it from her. I have proved im an empath on more then on occasion, If a person doesnt like it or believe, theres not much they can do to tell me what I know I have. So id say yes you can. No its not a childish perception or anything of the sort.

To ye guys takin the p***, please tell me how much of our brain we use?

Its a simple question, so id like a simple answer if you please.

Physic powers are NOT from inheritance it is something gained from practice

Actually your both correct and incorrect.

Reasons for being correct:

-Practicing will without a doubt make you better at your given gifts.

Reasons for being incorrect:

-Inheriting, well to be honest, I think that some people are born with a firmer grasp on it then others especially if the persons mother/father/grandparent has had psychic skills at an exceptional level.

Those reasons are in my Opinion.

That being said and my reaosns given ,we all have it within us, the fun part is discovering how to unlock it and when unlocked how to manifest it into something great. :D

Eric,

How many tests have you conducted? (not just asking people at U.M. to prove themselves)How varied have these tests been? Nobody has ever proven Dark Matter exists, and yet scientists believe that it's certainly there somewhere.

You claim to be Skeptical but you never even question your self. A true skeptic is always asking questions and would not step into an argument with an absolute, without evidence.

Your post is irrational and illogical.

A skeptic will always question your absurd hypothesis or claims of fact...with show me the evidence.

The onus of proof lies with the claimant...one can hardly expect the reverse

you = " there is a giant one eyed jelly baby orbitting the earth"

me = "nope"

you = "what tests have you done..what evidence have you gathered to prove this"

Or you could accept it doesn't exist in reality as there is no proof of there ever being anyone with psychic ability.

No ability can be really inherited, merely the inclination or tendency.

A particular activity might simply come more easily to one person than it would to another but that does not mean that the said skill was passed on.

• 2 weeks later...

People will take the p*** out of anything and everything they see fit. Perhaps they think the term 'Psychic Powers' is maybe too extreme, maybe. I know I inherited empathy from my mother, regardless of how it may be proven I know I get it from her. I have proved im an empath on more then on occasion, If a person doesnt like it or believe, theres not much they can do to tell me what I know I have. So id say yes you can. No its not a childish perception or anything of the sort.

To ye guys takin the p***, please tell me how much of our brain we use?

Its a simple question, so id like a simple answer if you please.

I certainly hope you're empathic. Most humans are empathic, because those that aren't are psychopaths.... Empathy isn't a magical psychic power, it's a natural human tendency.

And we use almost all of our brain, just not all at once.

Neuroscience for Kids

• 9 months later...

I know this thread is probably from a couple of years ago... but things are really strange at the moment. I don't know if I have psychic ability but over the years - especially since I was 12/13 (I'm now 22), a lot of things have happened.

For one, I've seen quite a lot of people in my old bedroom who weren't really there, in terms of living anyway. Then there's having dreams, whether they direct or crazy dreams that don't make sense themselves but some of what happened or the main theme of them has usually become reality. I have deja vu quite often, around 3-5 times a year and apparently it doesn't happen THAT often on average and then there's something that happened when I was 13...

I was sat on the floor in my old bedroom and I just blacked out and was seeing weird things. It was like I couldn't move but my brain was active and in it - there was someone with me in a house (who may be my partner I am with now, I don't know) and there was some struggle and a flash and a bang and I snapped out of it when something lifted me off the floor, onto the bed behind me and my back slammed against my bedroom wall. It scared the hell out of me and it's always stuck with me but as time has gone on, I've ignored it anyway. Strangely, I got the age of "24" in my head straight after and I've never understood any of it.

Although, while I've been with my partner, I'm often having dreams or daydreams (not in the good sense) of my partner dying... and usually my intuition and/or dreams are never wrong. Pairing this with the huge experience I had 9 years ago, I'm worried that I might have seen something or been warned but I'm not sure if it's normal. I've started wondering if anyone in my family could have had similar experiences or psychic ability but I'm not sure and even if they did, I don't think they've ever said anything of it. Seeing as I've found this page, I'm just wondering if anyone can make anything of it or any sense from it because it's really strange.

• 3 weeks later...

All the women in my family have abilities -- it could be the fact that we've all had near death experiences but we all carry certain abilities. The only two women from my family who does not have anything are my sisters, who have not had a near death experience. Personally, my abilities came after my drowning accident.

• 2 months later...

I certainly hope you're empathic. Most humans are empathic, because those that aren't are psychopaths.... Empathy isn't a magical psychic power, it's a natural human tendency.

And we use almost all of our brain, just not all at once.

Neuroscience for Kids

Sorry for the major delay, didnt even realize I had made a reply.

Ok well its been over ay ear since I made that post. so ill say this.

i agree with the fact that we are all emptathic in our own way, your totally right. What maybe I shouldve stated clearly was that, I sense other peoples emotions very easily. I can tell when people are happy,said etc etc blah blah. Even if they dont show it on there face, there body etc.

Again its in all of us.

After reading a few of the posts from the Op right up to this one. Mulder, I dont care what age you are, who you are, where your from or what you do for a living. However I would suggest you open your mind a little, there are somethings in this life that will never be explained by science or religion. You ask for evidence for this that and the other, all you've done in this post is argue that 'you have to be right all the time'. I dont recall even once how you 'really' added to the OP'er.

Il end it on this.

In my opinion, we cannot inherit Psychic abilities, we can however inherit a firmer grasp to learn more or rather maybe even quicker. Just like we inherit other skills such as being good at sports just like your mother or father could have been. You get the idea.

• 1 month later...

well as far as i know i hawe second sight from my mum so its weary posible.

What made it fall? The force we Call, Named Gravity. You cant change that. The same with the wind. The wind knocks something over, and we say it was the Force called the Wind.

The fact is, we know gravity is there, we know its effects and how it works. Deciding what its made of is something else. Again, your lack of understanding and argument is void.

What part of space are you saying is curved? The areas with greater gravitationl force? Your statements are vary vague.

No. We know it fell from the force we call gravity. The Law is fact. The theory is the explanation of how gravity works.

I heard you have a kid? If thats the case, ill assume youre a little older than i, and i wish you would look into these subjects more.

I have no faith in science. I accept science. I do hope you grow up someday, and accept you are incorrect. Please dont teach the young ones your ideas.

If an apple falling and a tree swaying prove the existence of gravity and the wind, then there are many observable paranormal realities which prove the existence of the force behind them.

People do read minds, have visions of the future, and simply know things they cannot know through "normal" channels.

As yet there is not a scientific theory, or body of peer assessed scientific journals, to firm up a theory let alone a law; but how about this. Science is investigating and trying to replicate the ability to read a human mind. So far it has reached the point of controlling machinery by telepathy (wireless transmissions of thoughts) They are working on being able to understand and transmit" mental speech" ie your internal monologues and dialogues to another mind. But speech is so complex in terms of neural process that this is proving difficult.

Nonetheless, within my life time i expect to see science replicate mental telepathy, where anyone can read another's mind, understand what their internal thoughts and dialogues are, and also transmit, record, and save that information into another mind or onto/into an artificial medium.

As we do this, the scientific theories and laws relating to the process will beome clearer and we may understand how it occurs in the natural world.

Only a person really very ignorant of the world as it is, can rationally deny the reality of many "paranormal" abilities and occurences. That ignorance in some people is willful and deliberate. In others it is because they do not read widely enough or talk to enough people to know any better.

Ps to respond to the OP Paranormal abilities are probably like normal abilities. In part they are genetic in part they result from environment. So a person with a genetic ability for clair voyance might have that ability either reinforced or reduced, depending on the environment of their early childhood, This is true for all human gifts and talents, like music, maths, painting and cooking.

Edited by Mr Walker

Sounds like the same old, "blah, blah". Once again, more excuses why it cant be proved. :no:

Oh it can be proven. It is only that the proofs are not easily transferable. There is plenty of evidence to prove the existence of many forms of the paranormal. Do you real think we are all running around; deluded, crazy or incapable of logical and rational thought /deduction? Or else simply liars?

It is patronising and offensive personally to be thought of in that way, simply because another person does not have the experience to know better, and can't bring themsleves to believe a reality beyond their own personal one

Here's one simple case which illustrates the reality and dangers of paranormal abilities

When i was in my very early teens I had what i thought was a dream, where i flew across the road and round the back of my neighbour's house. I hovered outside a bedroom window and observed and listened to a small group of girls having a pyjama party.

Next day, on the school oval, I went up to the girl whose house it was and described in detail what i had seen and heard. I thought she might be interested that i had been dreaming about her.That included what they were wearing, eating, drinking, and the topics of conversation.

Then the **** hit the fan. Turned out that everything i described was perfectly accurate, and the conclusion drawn was that i had somehow sneaked out of the house and been peeking in the window. As it happened, the only way out from my bedroom was via the kitchen, where my parents were up doing something. They knew, and swore, that i was asleep and had not been able to leave my room that night. It was in that experince that I realised that many of what i had thought were just dreams of flying all around the place were actually obes. From then on I began experimenting and trying to verify all such dreams/ OBEs

So wha t do you think i did after that? I never told another soul, if i saw what they were up to around the neighbourhood at night. This is not an unusual occurence for me, and i have to be damned careful what i say to people.

I've even done controlled experiments where i travel to a group of people and listen in on their activities. I then write down and seal up what i saw and heard. They do the same independently and the two envelopes are opened together in front of witnesses. When i have been able to achieve this, the accounts are extremely accurate. eg word for word conversations, what people are wearing, etc

Edited by Mr Walker

As far as inheriting abilities, I believe that some do. As with anything your good at, painting, sports, music, etc.. it has been passed on by parents to their young. A teaching of some sort. Once a parent notices their child has ...said ability, some will try to advance their child in ability.

As for abilities of the mind, the world is not ready for people with knowledge of this. Most people find it, how you say.... a privacy thing. Not sure how to word that...sorry. No one wants another person knowing their business! That's what I have learned. I have taught myself to know when to "tell" others of stuff " I (know) about them".

I had a man say yes I want to know ...tell me, nothing you say will make me believe. Well, what I told him, needless to say he really got mad over and kept asking me, how did I know ...who told me...etc... so much I thought he was going to hit me! Since then I have taught myself ... to know when someone can handle what I've got to say. And I will choose what I tell them, some things are best left alone.

As for proof of abilities...... science doesn't know fact about everything, science is a forever learning process, with mistakes of their own. One day they will learn some of the truth, what our brains and mind can really do.

As with everything, science, gov, etc ... they only let you know what they "want" you to know.

All IMO

• 1 year later...

Inherite no... but being around people that are open does give you an advantage. You dont have the mental restrictions such as "its not real" ect. So i suppose the best way to describe it is u are more open to being "open" and the want or curiosity to explore