Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Vampire Doctor

TheWhispererInDarkness

So I recently watched a documentary from a few years ago which featured a man by the name of Phillip Blackman. Mr. Blackman made some outrageous claims regarding intimate knowledge of "real" vampires, up to and including how it is not unusual for him to help them die, upon request. Since the documentary interview was relatively short, I thought I'd try and find a little more information on the self-titled "vampire doctor". What I've found is...nothing. Not a thing. The only traces I found of him were on a Christian site, which quoted the documentary I saw, and a link on a "real vampire" site to a video on YouTube which had been removed. Now, this guy seemed exactly the kind of person to have a website, so I must wonder: what gives? Has anybody heard of him? Here's the link to the documentary, it seemed like a fairly typical fly-by-night Sci-Fi channel affair, so for all I know the guy doesn't even exist. My link

I'm guessing he got eaten. If you lay down with the dogs you are going to get fleas.

• Like 1

I heard of him. i saw the document on tv once. after that. nothing. he went queit. noothing on the net yet. i keep looking to. :mellow:

As really cool as the story is and as much as I want it to be true I'd have to say he's probably fake. something to keep people interested.

As really cool as the story is and as much as I want it to be true I'd have to say he's probably fake. something to keep people interested.

Yeah, I didn't find him very convincing. Still, I often find it entertaining to examine some of the more outlandish claims I encounter, and his were as far out as any I've heard.

• 12 years later...
On 10/13/2010 at 11:07 PM, TheWhispererInDarkness said:

So I recently watched a documentary from a few years ago which featured a man by the name of Phillip Blackman. Mr. Blackman made some outrageous claims regarding intimate knowledge of "real" vampires, up to and including how it is not unusual for him to help them die, upon request. Since the documentary interview was relatively short, I thought I'd try and find a little more information on the self-titled "vampire doctor". What I've found is...nothing. Not a thing. The only traces I found of him were on a Christian site, which quoted the documentary I saw, and a link on a "real vampire" site to a video on YouTube which had been removed. Now, this guy seemed exactly the kind of person to have a website, so I must wonder: what gives? Has anybody heard of him? Here's the link to the documentary, it seemed like a fairly typical fly-by-night Sci-Fi channel affair, so for all I know the guy doesn't even exist. My link

Look at 19:00:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DPlp6zyxipmA&ved=2ahUKEwjbk9Xsz4L7AhXiR_EDHQWYDSMQFnoECCMQAQ&usg=AOvVaw19qqFqgTfVqfbknsdoLFUi 

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

Vampires as in fictional work that goths enjoy do not exist, sorry.

The vampire myth originated with a real blood disorder. The vampre superstition thrived in the Middle Ages, especially as the plague decimated entire towns. The disease often left behind bleeding mouth lesions on its victims, which to the uneducated was a sure sign of vampirism.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

The vampire myth originated with a real blood disorder. The vampre superstition thrived in the Middle Ages, especially as the plague decimated entire towns. The disease often left behind bleeding mouth lesions on its victims, which to the uneducated was a sure sign of vampirism.

Well yeah, but the illness really wasnt all that close to what fiction writers described as pretty vamps so people back then would embellish the hell out of stuff.

I guess im way too jaded ive spun far too many goth nights since the 80s, ooh check out the vampire club song by Voltaire.

• Like 2