Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Looking for others with extraodrinary gifts.

Heavyheart

Can't blame you, I had an imagination too at that age. I then grew up and realized I was just being a silly kid.

Well maybe, but then of course maybe you grew up learning wrong. Though of course maybe we are all just over imaginative. I think that the state of mind in which you grow up thinking that these things are lies and fairy tales may influence others to do the same. Over time this becomes a chain reaction that probably began thousands of years ago. This turns believers into the minority and skeptics into the majority. Which in turn makes the eye of the public blind to the vast amount of abilities each and every person owns. Or maybe the believers are all just blind to the truths of this world and the set "facts" we come to live with. It really has nothing to do with age whatsoever. Its more of what happened to you as children and growing into adulthood.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heavyheart

• Agent. Mulder

• JGirl

• White Crane Feather

Yes. It always seems to lead to that with certain typs.. I apologize. A bit of a competative personality I'm afraid. I will refrain.

Bad Seeker! Bad!

You put your nose in it! :P

BTW. What exactly was this thread about anyway?

See my point? People trying to read this thread don't even know what its about anymore. It was for people who may think they have gifts to share their experiences. And skeptics to help set some facts straight. This thread is meant to be a place where skeptics and believers politely share advice, lessons, or guidance. Yes I myself lean towards the believer side in most cases, but that does not mean I discourage skeptics. This thread is meant to hold about half and half of either party.

I shared my gift and now I would like others to share theirs. Or their polite disbelief with strong logic backing it up.

Bad Seeker! Bad!

You put your nose in it! :P

:)

See my point? People trying to read this thread don't even know what its about anymore. It was for people who may think they have gifts to share their experiences. And skeptics to help set some facts straight. This thread is meant to be a place where skeptics and believers politely share advice, lessons, or guidance. Yes I myself lean towards the believer side in most cases, but that does not mean I discourage skeptics. This thread is meant to hold about half and half of either party.

I shared my gift and now I would like others to share theirs. Or their polite disbelief with strong logic backing it up.

We have no solid trustworthy evidence of any of these psychic abilities. Infact we have only your word to go on. Therefore I will not believe that any of this story is anything more than just that, a story, until evidence is provided.

We have no solid trustworthy evidence of any of these psychic abilities. Infact we have only your word to go on. Therefore I will not believe that any of this story is anything more than just that, a story, until evidence is provided.

Good! =)

Good! =)

Which you will never provide? Hmm. Wonder why?

Which you will never provide? Hmm. Wonder why?

Well, there are plenty of reasons I have yet to prove myself. Several of which have been stated already in this thread. But if I were you I would still want evidence. One question I have to ask you is why should I? What is the point in me proving myself to every person that disbelieves me, wasting the time I could use looking for others like me? Eventually there will be too many of us united to disbelieve all together no matter the skeptic opposition. When there are thousands of people gathering together to show how humans can do so much more, who will stand up to call each and every one of them crazy, wrong, or a liar? But of course maybe there is no chance of this or anything like it ever happening because we all could be just wrong. Why should a skeptic take the word of a believer to heart?

Well, there are plenty of reasons I have yet to prove myself. Several of which have been stated already in this thread. But if I were you I would still want evidence. One question I have to ask you is why should I? What is the point in me proving myself to every person that disbelieves me, wasting the time I could use looking for others like me? Eventually there will be too many of us united to disbelieve all together no matter the skeptic opposition. When there are thousands of people gathering together to show how humans can do so much more, who will stand up to call each and every one of them crazy, wrong, or a liar? But of course maybe there is no chance of this or anything like it ever happening because we all could be just wrong. Why should a skeptic take the word of a believer to heart?

Why would anyone take the word of random person on the internet making wild claims? A reasonable person never would. I will tell you this, if you could prove yourself, I mean really prove yourself, you would get all the support of ever skeptic on this board. :tu:

Why would anyone take the word of random person on the internet making wild claims? A reasonable person never would. I will tell you this, if you could prove yourself, I mean really prove yourself, you would get all the support of ever skeptic on this board. :tu:

You make a great point. But sometimes reasonable people get left behind. The Native Americans who fought to live on their land were reasonable people, but they were killed. Only the ones who signed treaties and took unreasonable risks survived. Before Martin Luther King Jr. the "reasonable" people were the ones who believed blacks inferior. Those people were trampled in the revolution that created more equal treatment. People needed to take the word of a complete stranger that was thought to be "inferior" and vastly change their views in unreasonable circumstances to create a better living environment for the world. So maybe another unreasonable risk needs to be taken. Maybe a revolution that would change the world for the better is coming. And maybe the people who will set the ball rolling need unreasonable support to help them. Maybe the reasonable people are just plain wrong. Then again maybe not.

Edited by Heavyheart

If there were hundreds of people "like you" then sceptics will look at it and start believing. I wish people would learn what scepticism is before they start using the word. Asking for evidence does not mean I will never believe, it means i'm not such a tool as to just believe whatever people say. Provide me with the evidence and I will review my beliefs on the matter.

Why should you prove it? Perhaps because it would be one of the most revolutionary findings of the millennium. Proof of psychic abilities would change our entire scientific outlook on the world and the universe. You would hold back that scientific advancement because it's a little bother to you? "Psychics" who use that excuse are either insufferably lazy and selfish or are just talking rubbish. Which are you?

You make a great point. But sometimes reasonable people get left behind. The Native Americans who fought to live on their land were reasonable people, but they were killed. Only the ones who signed treaties and took unreasonable risks survived. Before Martin Luther King Jr. the "reasonable" people were the ones who believed blacks inferior. Those people were trampled in the revolution that created more equal treatment. People needed to take the word of a complete stranger that was thought to be "inferior" and vastly change their views in unreasonable circumstances to create a better living environment for the world. So maybe another unreasonable risk needs to be taken. Maybe a revolution that would change the world for the better is coming. And maybe the people who will set the ball rolling need unreasonable support to help them. Maybe the reasonable people are just plain wrong. Then again maybe not.

Good god. Don't compare your supposed magic to the civil rights movement. Thats pathetic and wrong.

The fact of the matter is that s person posting something like that here is doing it for several reasons. 1) it's real and the person is looking for someone to talk to. 2) it's not real but the person beleives if is, and is still looking for somone to talk to. 3) the person is lieing to get attention and live for a moment in a fantasy----- happens all the time online.

All if these things deserves kindness, respect, and understanding. Not half cocked thoughtless comments. Some of these people are quite young, but even In their youth I'm always surprised to find adults that can't match their maturity, even if their claim seems outlandish.

That acknowledged, I stand by my ability to shut down these red cell storm fronts. Also, my friend does call cows. I was amazed. It's pretty impressive.

I can type into this plastic box of letters and it converts to this glass shiny thing and looks really pretty :w00t:

If there were hundreds of people "like you" then sceptics will look at it and start believing. I wish people would learn what scepticism is before they start using the word. Asking for evidence does not mean I will never believe, it means i'm not such a tool as to just believe whatever people say. Provide me with the evidence and I will review my beliefs on the matter.

Why should you prove it? Perhaps because it would be one of the most revolutionary findings of the millennium. Proof of psychic abilities would change our entire scientific outlook on the world and the universe. You would hold back that scientific advancement because it's a little bother to you? "Psychics" who use that excuse are either insufferably lazy and selfish or are just talking rubbish. Which are you?

Who says this would be a leap in scientific knowledge? I don't personally see how anything would change. The people who have gifts and can use them generally do and for good causes. And I put science first in all my findings. If what I think I can do clashes with logic and science then I disbelieve it. Science leaves an incredible space for the unknown because we really don't know a whole lot about the human body or the universe. There are scientists who do experiments and testing on these types of things. They are just ignored because their experiments may work in the private labs in their homes, but for strange reasons not always in public or on camera. Yes, I have seen amazing things. No, I cannot prove this.

As to being lazy, selfish, or a liar, I am non of those. I personally dislike media or global attention. There is no doubt that if I successfully proved my gift to the world that i would lose my private life social life or any hope of a peaceful existence. It is so much easier to help prepare other people for their potentials so they can eventually solve the problem united rather than try to take on the world by myself.

Who says this would be a leap in scientific knowledge? I don't personally see how anything would change. The people who have gifts and can use them generally do and for good causes. And I put science first in all my findings. If what I think I can do clashes with logic and science then I disbelieve it.

Yes, I wonder which crackpot would assume that evidence and proof of psychic abilities, and the ability of the human body/mind to do things before only dreamed of would be a leap in scientific knowledge? It's not like scientists would leap at the oppertunity to study and document REAL psychic abilities in a proper scientific setting.

Science leaves an incredible space for the unknown because we really don't know a whole lot about the human body or the universe. There are scientists who do experiments and testing on these types of things. They are just ignored because their experiments may work in the private labs in their homes, but for strange reasons not always in public or on camera. Yes, I have seen amazing things. No, I cannot prove this.

Science may leave space for things, but that doesn't mean that they are instantly true or even plausable. Science leaves space for you to be able to walk through a wall by pure luck. Maybe if you keep banging your head against it one day it'll just pass right through...

Results are not ignored, they're never ignored in science, they may be discredited because the experiment was carried out wrong, but they're not ignored. If an experiment works in somebody's home, it should work in public/on camera. If it doesn't most likely they're faking it.

As to being lazy, selfish, or a liar, I am non of those. I personally dislike media or global attention. There is no doubt that if I successfully proved my gift to the world that i would lose my private life social life or any hope of a peaceful existence. It is so much easier to help prepare other people for their potentials so they can eventually solve the problem united rather than try to take on the world by myself.

Ahh the old getout clause that "believers" learn as soon as they can talk. If you have these abilities, head down to a University, let them study you, but request that you remain anonymous. Problem solved, please forward me the paper once it has been published and I will issue a full apology for my disbelief.

So let me get this straight. The situation is basically this :

- I have powers!

- Then show us.

- Na-hah!

What's the point of this thread?

to say 'i have powers'

oh yeah, also, 'i'm looking for others with powers'.

I've listed these many times:

I can will things to happen and they do.

I can read people.

I can tap into the Akashic Records.

Im empathetic.

I can make anyone fall in love with me or whatever I completely focus on, such as my voice.

Many more things I can't say.

(Edit to say): I'm researching and preparing on how to prove these.

Edited by VampireHeart

I don't believe a few people would be blessed with some magical powers and if so why can't I have them, I'm stuck with these stupid social disorders and blind stupidity...

It seems as though this is just a place to insult people. Please stop changing the subject and making fun, it really is childish. On both sides, no offence to anyone but just by retaliating you are putting yourself lower to the ground. So please, lets start discussing the topic this forum was started under. Discussion over comic books and constant arguing is welcome other places that are not here. So if you came to speak about those things, please leave.

with all due respect, and i do mean that sincerely -

the remarks about comic books are very relevant in that the story being spun on this thread is very much reminiscent of comic book tales, i think it's valid to state that if the poster wishes to.

those of you who buy into this type of stuff, buy into everything people say here about their paranormal experiences, without question, as i can see by checking out your posts in other threads dealing with anything paranormal

so you see, it's just as frustrating for those of us who can see what bunk it is, to read your constant validation of these ridiculous stories.

please don't try to dictate to others what they can and cannot feel or post on a thread in this forum.

with all due respect, and i do mean that sincerely -

the remarks about comic books are very relevant in that the story being spun on this thread is very much reminiscent of comic book tales, i think it's valid to state that if the poster wishes to.

those of you who buy into this type of stuff, buy into everything people say here about their paranormal experiences, without question, as i can see by checking out your posts in other threads dealing with anything paranormal

so you see, it's just as frustrating for those of us who can see what bunk it is, to read your constant validation of these ridiculous stories.

please don't try to dictate to others what they can and cannot feel or post on a thread in this forum.

You have to be a bit careful blaming comic books entirely for this. I read a lot of marvel and dc comics in my early teens and i identified with the heroes especially parker, the silver surfer, and others whose powers and nature differentiated them from others, and made them lonely . But then i had already read al the works of heinlein, asimov, clarke and almost every science fiction author from the 20's onwards. I was aware of methuselah smith (aka lazarus long) and many other characters, whose abilities and nature set them apart.

But it wasnt the comic books that drove me, quite the reverse. I identified with them because since early childhood i had been like them. I was physically small but started reading at 2. I skipped a whole year of school because i was advanced for my age and so i was even smaller less physically mature, and less physically strong than my class mates and less socially adept . I had an almost eidetic memeory and so what i read or heard i remembered, so i passed tests at school and got honour and merit cards every week.

ANd i was too stupid to hide it. I was proud to be smart My parents encouraged me to be my best in everything. But then i started manifesting other abilities, like obeing and esp and precognition, clairvoyance etc which only strengthened and continued throughout my life.

I learned the hard way to keep these quiet. Early teenage girls DO NOT appreciate you hovering outside their window at night listening in to what goes on at their slumber parties. :devil:

My "best mate' at the age of 12 or so ran off in teror when ,after reading his mind and correclty identifying each card as he saw it i began predicting the cards before he turned them over and got through aother dozen or so before he fled. I only won him round by telling him that I had cheated. I hadnt, but if he believed i could see what he saw, or that i could see the cards still lying face down in the pack on the table, then i would have lost the best friend i had.

I sublimated my abilities into doing practical things like working out from the few clues in novels and the encyclopedia britannica, how to make explosive devices, mortars, rockets timing devices and a whole host of invetions (mostly designed for close personal protection against the bullies which plagued my early teenage years.)

Unlike today, these were acceptable, even expected activities, for a young and intelligent male of the fifties and early sixties.

I never really saw my self as different, consciously, (because each of us first knows only ourselves and judges that all others must be like we are.) Yet i knew came to know i was, and i gradually hid that side of me away. But by the time i was a teenager and reading marvel comics, I was actually living the life of some of those characters, both in reality and in my hand crafted dreamscapes, where i was in total control night after night.

It didnt help that my father actually created adventures and scenarios for us kids to play out involving; spying physically challenging adventures and explorations, secret codes, invisible inks, secure phone lines, and a host of his own invented devices.

Id come home for tea as a child, and find a "blood stained" coded message hidden in a dead letter drop, sometimes with a map and grid cordinates attached, and off we'd go again.

So my personal theory is that the writers of such comics were kids like me, and so were many science fiction and fantasy writers. They found expression for their real abilities and also their imaginations in writing. Later i used this ability to write and play many modules of dungeons and dragons, where i created mapped, using accurate topographic climatic and vegetaion conventions, populated and controlled a whole continent with towns, cities, castles, haunted monasteries etc, and made it the playground for many others (who were by then in their late 20s or thirties)

Edited by Mr Walker

I've listed these many times:

I can will things to happen and they do.

I can read people.

I can tap into the Akashic Records.

Im empathetic.

I can make anyone fall in love with me or whatever I completely focus on, such as my voice.

Many more things I can't say.

(Edit to say): I'm researching and preparing on how to prove these.

The sooner the better. Because i dont think any of us will take the bold claims just on your word.

You have to be a bit careful blaming comic books entirely for this. I read a lot of marvel and dc comics in my early teens and i identified with the heroes especially parker, the silver surfer, and others whose powers and nature differentiated them from others, and made them lonely . But then i had already read al the works of heinlein, asimov, clarke and almost every science fiction author from the 20's onwards. I was aware of methuselah smith (aka lazarus long) and many other characters, whose abilities and nature set them apart.

But it wasnt the comic books that drove me, quite the reverse. I identified with them because since early childhood i had been like them. I was physically small but started reading at 2. I skipped a whole year of school because i was advanced for my age and so i was even smaller less physically mature, and less physically strong than my class mates and less socially adept . I had an almost eidetic memeory and so what i read or heard i remembered, so i passed tests at school and got honour and merit cards every week.

ANd i was too stupid to hide it. I was proud to be smart My parents encouraged me to be my best in everything. But then i started manifesting other abilities, like obeing and esp and precognition, clairvoyance etc which only strengthened and continued throughout my life.

I learned the hard way to keep these quiet. Early teenage girls DO NOT appreciate you hovering outside their window at night listening in to what goes on at their slumber parties. :devil:

My "best mate' at the age of 12 or so ran off in teror when ,after reading his mind and correclty identifying each card as he saw it i began predicting the cards before he turned them over and got through aother dozen or so before he fled. I only won him round by telling him that I had cheated. I hadnt, but if he believed i could see what he saw, or that i could see the cards still lying face down in the pack on the table, then i would have lost the best friend i had.

I sublimated my abilities into doing practical things like working out from the few clues in novels and the encyclopedia britannica, how to make explosive devices, mortars, rockets timing devices and a whole host of invetions (mostly designed for close personal protection against the bullies which plagued my early teenage years.)

Unlike today, these were acceptable, even expected activities, for a young and intelligent male of the fifties and early sixties.

I never really saw my self as different, consciously, (because each of us first knows only ourselves and judges that all others must be like we are.) Yet i knew came to know i was, and i gradually hid that side of me away. But by the time i was a teenager and reading marvel comics, I was actually living the life of some of those characters, both in reality and in my hand crafted dreamscapes, where i was in total control night after night.

It didnt help that my father actually created adventures and scenarios for us kids to play out involving; spying physically challenging adventures and explorations, secret codes, invisible inks, secure phone lines, and a host of his own invented devices.

Id come home for tea as a child, and find a "blood stained" coded message hidden in a dead letter drop, sometimes with a map and grid cordinates attached, and off we'd go again.

So my personal theory is that the writers of such comics were kids like me, and so were many science fiction and fantasy writers. They found expression for their real abilities and also their imaginations in writing. Later i used this ability to write and play many modules of dungeons and dragons, where i created mapped, using accurate topographic climatic and vegetaion conventions, populated and controlled a whole continent with towns, cities, castles, haunted monasteries etc, and made it the playground for many others (who were by then in their late 20s or thirties)

interesting story mr walker. however i didn't blame comic books at all. i was merely stating that some of these claims sound a lot like comic book heroes/scenerios.