Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Looking for others with extraodrinary gifts.

Heavyheart

I've used my abilities/gifts to help people, I mostly use precognition. But not all my abilities are good some are very harmful. I've moved so many times that I've met a couple of gifted people. A lot of people are skeptical of the abilitiy Heavyheart can do. I'm not sure if he is telling the truth that he has it or not, it's the internet so you never know. But I do know that his experience can happen, it has happened to me before. Not that I have it, but someone almost killed me from this and healed me.

I'm new as probably most of you can tell.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heavyheart

• Agent. Mulder

• JGirl

• White Crane Feather

I've used my abilities/gifts to help people, I mostly use precognition. But not all my abilities are good some are very harmful. I've moved so many times that I've met a couple of gifted people. A lot of people are skeptical of the abilitiy Heavyheart can do. I'm not sure if he is telling the truth that he has it or not, it's the internet so you never know. But I do know that his experience can happen, it has happened to me before. Not that I have it, but someone almost killed me from this and healed me.

I'm new as probably most of you can tell.

Hmm...

But, welcome to UM.

interesting story mr walker. however i didn't blame comic books at all. i was merely stating that some of these claims sound a lot like comic book heroes/scenerios.

Perhaps blame was too strong a word. I am very aware that adilescents, particularly males, can be " lost" between the break away from their first connection to the world(family) and the establishment of a new one involviong peers.

That can be an isolated and lonely time, when a person is powerless. Young people often identify with heroes who share their isolation and angst but have the compensation of "super" powers. For young peole those super powers are some recompense for that sense of powerlessness.

I was just pointing out, on the other hand, that some young peole seem to posses paranormal and unusual abilities especially in that "terminator zone" between light and dark, that is often the epitomy of adloscence . And so it is sometimes a question of which comes first; the desire to emulate comic heroes, or the real powers and differnces which draw one to those heroes.

I believe each of us is gifted,but some dont unlock that potential as wellas others.

My gift,is being able to see aura's around people. I have no technical psychic ability.

I believe each of us is gifted,but some dont unlock that potential as wellas others.

My gift,is being able to see aura's around people. I have no technical psychic ability.

Why do we have gifts? Whats the evolutionary purpose? When did we begin to develop them? Why?

Why do we have gifts? Whats the evolutionary purpose? When did we begin to develop them? Why?

in any case they are not gifts. they are abilities. just like being able to play the piano well - not a gift, an ability.

Thats where your own barrier to these things comes in. That true question is 'why not?'

There isn't a real reason why we shouldn't have these abilities.

in any case they are not gifts. they are abilities. just like being able to play the piano well - not a gift, an ability.

Well, if theyre learned abilities (like playing the piano) then its not psychic obviously. As its just a taught ability, which everyone has. Although, its apparently still incredibly allusive, and no where to be seen.

Anyone can learn to play the piano.

Thats where your own barrier to these things comes in. That true question is 'why not?'

There isn't a real reason why we shouldn't have these abilities.

Right. Wow. What a nice cop out, and way to avoid everything i just asked.

Now, please, answer it.

Right. Wow. What a nice cop out, and way to avoid everything i just asked.

Now, please, answer it.

Dude. By now, you should know you will never get a straight answer from these supposed magicians. :rolleyes:

Well, if theyre learned abilities (like playing the piano) then its not psychic obviously. As its just a taught ability, which everyone has. Although, its apparently still incredibly allusive, and no where to be seen.

yes, that's my point. abilities are not psychic in nature. i wouldn't say that 'psychic' abilities are gifts either.

i really hate when people use the term gifted, as in he/she has a gift or is gifted. it's not a gift, it's an ability.

yes, playing the piano is a learned ability, and probably not the best example i could have used. touché

yes, that's my point. abilities are not psychic in nature. i wouldn't say that 'psychic' abilities are gifts either.

i really hate when people use the term gifted, as in he/she has a gift or is gifted. it's not a gift, it's an ability.

yes, playing the piano is a learned ability, and probably not the best example i could have used. touché

I still see what you mean. And yes, "gift" is far from the correct word.

"Right. Wow. What a nice cop out, and way to avoid everything i just asked.

Now, please, answer it"

Well,None of that really matters. Abilities were used to evolve? Sure,of course. Are they going to be used to help us evolve further? I couldn't tell you, I'm no psychic.

The purpose of abilities? Well I don't know, you might want to ask the big man, yourself. I couldn't tell you, I just know people have them and thats that.

I just don't see the point in questioning something thats here to stay.

Well,None of that really matters. Abilities were used to evolve? Sure,of course. Are they going to be used to help us evolve further? I couldn't tell you, I'm no psychic.

The purpose of abilities? Well I don't know, you might want to ask the big man, yourself. I couldn't tell you, I just know people have them and thats that.

I just don't see the point in questioning something thats here to stay.

You answered nothing. "None of that really matters". It all matter dude.

You know people have "abilities" yet you know absolutely nothing about those abilities....hmmm...

The point of questioning is to get answers to something Not here to stay, but something unproven.

You answered nothing. "None of that really matters". It all matter dude.

You know people have "abilities" yet you know absolutely nothing about those abilities....hmmm...

The point of questioning is to get answers to something Not here to stay, but something unproven.

I just don't see the point in knowing why people have abilities. Why does it matter in the long run anyway???

You figure it out and then you die,Why spend time questioning something when you could be out living life.

I just don't see the point in knowing why people have abilities. Why does it matter in the long run anyway???

You figure it out and then you die,Why spend time questioning something when you could be out living life.

your reasoning could extend to what's the point in knowing anything at all?

the point in questioning something is to know it and to understand it, and the point in knowing and understanding things is to grow as a person as well as a race.

and questioning and learning, well, that is part of living life.

unless you live in a cave and never come out.

Are you kidding man? Youre just looking for more excuses here. And Jgirl answered for some of the reasons why it matters.

Saying "youre going to die anyways, so why does anything matter" is ridiculous. "Oh gee, i could change and rewrite the science textbooks and everything we as humans know, but whatever, were all gonna die anyways so knowledge is ridiculous".

Didnt think about the future generations did you?

If people didnt question things, you and i probably wouldnt be having this conversation, on this website, on this computer.

Now please, answer the questions.

name='Agent. Mulder' timestamp='1290975157' post='3677570']

In my experience paranormal/psychic abilities are a bit like playing the piano.

My brother in law, since a child, only had to hear a tune once to be able to play it perfectly on a piano. He later learned to read music and to improve his skills, but once he played on a piano a couple of times and heard the tone of each key, he could reproduce any tune exactly, after hearing it once.

So he has a high paranormal equivalent of piano playing.

Other peole can learn how to lay the piano to differing degrees and with different amounts of effort, as some people can learn to sense and use their paranormal abilities in a limited way.

But i cant play the piano at all. first i am tone deaf, so the notes mean nothing to me. Second my fingers are too small to span the keys of a normal piano enough to play notes, so it is physically impossible for me.

I find some humans are like this with their paranormal psychic abilities. They cant hear the "tunes", and they dont have the physical equipment to play, even if they wanted to.

I consider my songwriting skills to be a gift. I've had full length original songs playing in my head since before I was 9. I didn't practice freestyling lyrics and composition when I first started creating what I heard. Over the years of writing and performing my songs, I did exceed further from practice but, not in the beginning.

Till this day, I can still hear new music in my mind (or soul), which I write down and get all my ideas from. The rock music I write flows very naturally from that part of my brain.

The rap lyrics I write, work a bit different but, I still don't have to try. It just all flows through me. I freestyle lyrics everyday. My capabilities exceed much further now, then in the beginning. Sometimes I come up with a concept and write to it, that's the only time my experience really effects this ability or gift. Nobody can write the same songs as me and not everyone can write in a very universal way. Most lyricists are personal and get all their motivation from their past events, etc. I relate on a higher empathetic state of mind while writing and while living, in general.

Playing instruments can fit into the same category. Some people have it, some people don't. Anyone can learn a scale. How many people already know that scale before ever learning about it? I am one of those people. I have been able to pick up any instrument and play it. Maybe not 100% but, enough to make you shake your butt. Enough to make a profound impact and changes to my friends and families lives.

My subconscious is to blame here, I'm sure of it. Is it a gift or an ability to tap into that realm and actually create from it? :)

gifts are (often) wrapped in pretty paper and given to you.

an ability is something you are able to do.

how is one like the other??

gifts are (often) wrapped in pretty paper and given to you.

an ability is something you are able to do.

how is one like the other??

I see what you mean Jgirl. To call it a gift would mean that someone (god?) would have to have given it to you. I highly doubt that's the case. I think the usage of the word is wrong. I'm gonna have to say ability as well. Or some type of mutation or natural evolution of the mind.

I see what you mean Jgirl. To call it a gift would mean that someone (god?) would have to have given it to you. I highly doubt that's the case. I think the usage of the word is wrong. I'm gonna have to say ability as well. Or some type of mutation or natural evolution of the mind.

Agreed, in this case, and the sense of the word, a gift is something, from a Higher power. An ability, which would be more or less, biological, would be something tangible and far easier to find.

This gift should be detectable as well though.

I can play the national anthem on the spoons, under water.

now this is extraordinary :w00t:

even if we took god out of the equation, a gift is still something outside of oneself.

in my opinion, if you can do it, it doesn't matter why or how you can, it's an ability.

it may be an extraordinary ability it may even be confounding or astounding, but it's still an ability.

off the soap box jgirl lol

A gift is something i get for free. It might come from god, or it might come from my genetic inheritance. My brother in law had a gift to be able to play music by ear on first hearing. He never did anything to earn that gift, it was just bestowed on him.

My abilities are things i have learned and earned such as speech reading and logical thought. If a surgeon operated to restore a mute person, then they would give the gift of potential speech, but the person would have to learn the ability to speak; but if a surgeon restored sight then he/she has given back one of our genetic gifts.

That is the basic difference. Gifts are things we are given by god, genetics, nature, or chance for free, and at no cost or effort to ourselves. Abilities usually are learned and involve cost, even if only the cost of time.

So sight is a gift. Speech is an ability.

Of course the ability to learn abilitys is also a gift :innocent:

Being a pedant and an English teacher, i base my opinion on the root word for able (habilis), or handy. It implies a competence which can be learned by usage,/doing /practice, although that is not the only definition

Edited by Mr Walker