Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Looking for others with extraodrinary gifts.

Heavyheart

A gift is something i get for free. It might come from god, or it might come from my genetic inheritance. My brother in law had a gift to be able to play music by ear on first hearing. He never did anything to earn that gift, it was just bestowed on him.

My abilities are things i have learned and earned such as speech reading and logical thought. If a surgeon operated to restore a mute person, then they would give the gift of potential speech, but the person would have to learn the ability to speak; but if a surgeon restored sight then he/she has given back one of our genetic gifts.

That is the basic difference. Gifts are things we are given by god, genetics, nature, or chance for free, and at no cost or effort to ourselves. Abilities usually are learned and involve cost, even if only the cost of time.

So sight is a gift. Speech is an ability.

Of course the ability to learn abilitys is also a gift :innocent:

you say your brother in law had a gift to be able to play music after hearing it once. here you call it both, but in actuality it's an ability, because he is ABLE to do it.

gifts are things outside of ourselves, abilities are manifested within ourselves.

sight is an ability. there are certain functions that happen in the eye and the brain to enable one to see. therefore one is able (ability) to see. there is no one handing out gifts of sight. our bodies are ABLE to do that, unless of course there is some malfunction in the operation of the eye.

i am able to wiggle only one toe at a time. this is not a gift. it's just the way my foot can move. it's an ability.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heavyheart

• Agent. Mulder

• JGirl

• White Crane Feather

i am a empathic, psychic, teleknesis, telepathic person. but my telepathic kinda envolved into some weird mind control thing o.O idk... but it all this developed and evolved in 6 months time, no lie.. oh and i can also feel energy, and i can sense the dead too.

you say your brother in law had a gift to be able to play music after hearing it once. here you call it both, but in actuality it's an ability, because he is ABLE to do it.

gifts are things outside of ourselves, abilities are manifested within ourselves.

sight is an ability. there are certain functions that happen in the eye and the brain to enable one to see. therefore one is able (ability) to see. there is no one handing out gifts of sight. our bodies are ABLE to do that, unless of course there is some malfunction in the operation of the eye.

i am able to wiggle only one toe at a time. this is not a gift. it's just the way my foot can move. it's an ability.

I accept your right to define yourself as you wish, but i suspect the reason you dont like the word gift is because of the connotations it imposes by its very use.

A gift is freely given. Many huma attributes and abilities are a free inheritance, and we can chose to leave them unwrapped, and unutilised, or take them out and practice until we are expert in them . Even your toe wriggling is a learned ability granted by the gift of your genetics. You just learned it very early, even before you were born :innocent:

So to is a smile :devil:

pS i can wiggle all my toes at the same time. How come you can only wiggle one at time? :rofl:

As an athiest i saw all my abilities as my gifts of my human birthright. As one who walks with god i acknowledgee they are all gifts from him as he is an integral part of me.

My point is that you can take no credit for natural gifts, (or abilities if you prefer) You can only take credit for the abilities you create from hard work, discipline, training and practice etc, based on what you have been freely given (by nature or by god)

This is also the case with paranormal abilities /gifts. They are given freely, as part of our genetic heritage, but we can develop them, the same as we develop a good mind or a healthy body. Thus we can become more able in them.

Edited by Mr Walker

In these cases would it not be both a gift and an ability? the gift being the ability, the ability being the actual physical process of doing it? for example with sight. The gift would be the ability to see, the ability of sight would be the process that you go through to interpret the images.

Not that I agree with Mr Walker however, I feel that a gift has to have the intent behind it for it to be a gift, so you couldn't receive a gift from your DNA for example. :wacko:

i am a empathic, psychic, teleknesis, telepathic person. but my telepathic kinda envolved into some weird mind control thing o.O idk... but it all this developed and evolved in 6 months time, no lie.. oh and i can also feel energy, and i can sense the dead too.

Quite a resume.

Now, how would you be able to prove that to us? Pretty simple. Head down to the local Uni/College, and show them what you got. The biology and physics department would be fascinated.

Im curious about the mind control thing. I think its important to delineate between mind control and suggestion/hypnosis.

Example of you mind control please?

I feel that a gift has to have the intent behind it for it to be a gift, so you couldn't receive a gift from your DNA for example. :wacko:

yes, i agree. intent, or at least a reason, like a birthday or a celebration, or a thankyou or something.

pS i can wiggle all my toes at the same time. How come you can only wiggle one at time? :rofl:

i can wiggle them independently or together. :P

i can wiggle them independently or together. :P

Prove it.

^_^

Im curious about the mind control thing. I think its important to delineate between mind control and suggestion/hypnosis.

Example of you mind control please?

well it's like in between both.

i had a pyschic friend who said she could help me deleveop my telepathy (at the time it was just hearing thoughts in a way when i mediate). she then, by her choice allowed me to interfere with her relationship. she would tell me a list of things about her relationship, i would pick one, enter her boyfriends mind through mediation and i put what i thought at the time was "suggestions". A few days later she would say that the thing i put into her boyfriends mind happened. however he did anything i put in there, and i could even change emotions with time. according to her, the results were real. there was a connection between me and the person's whose mind i'm entering. it's not really mind control, but it was the best way i could describe it at the time :) you can call it what you wish

however he did anything i put in there, and i could even change emotions with time. according to her, the results were real. there was a connection between me and the person's whose mind i'm entering. it's not really mind control, but it was the best way i could describe it at the time :) you can call it what you wish

Yeh thing is, that can get so tangled up with self fulfilling prophecy. Especially emotions. If your friend was looking to get a certain emotion or action from her boyfriend, she could inadvertently say or do things that encouraged the reaction she wished to see.

Yeh thing is, that can get so tangled up with self fulfilling prophecy. Especially emotions. If your friend was looking to get a certain emotion or action from her boyfriend, she could inadvertently say or do things that encouraged the reaction she wished to see.

well not truely. she told me about their day and how things were, good and bad. i pick a random something like, for him to wear a certain outfit or to do certain actions from small to large, or maybe saw a weird line, she never knew what i was gonna do. there is a guy on here who has saw me down this on him, it's SG_Wolf and some number. but he isn't on here anymore sadly :( but that is your view on it and i respect it :)

well not truely. she told me about their day and how things were, good and bad. i pick a random something like, for him to wear a certain outfit or to do certain actions from small to large, or maybe saw a weird line, she never knew what i was gonna do. there is a guy on here who has saw me down this on him, it's SG_Wolf and some number. but he isn't on here anymore sadly :( but that is your view on it and i respect it :)

Im not saying it didnt happen. I just like to explore every scientific approach to these before I hit up the paranormal ones. If I were looking into it, I would try to project a picture or sentence so bizarre into someone's mind that they couldnt have randomly happened upon it.

Like an image of a kitten in a darth vader suit riding a velociraptor into a rainbow.

Im not saying it didnt happen. I just like to explore every scientific approach to these before I hit up the paranormal ones. If I were looking into it, I would try to project a picture or sentence so bizarre into someone's mind that they couldnt have randomly happened upon it.

Like an image of a kitten in a darth vader suit riding a velociraptor into a rainbow.

lol that's what i did :P i made him say roger rabbit loves marry ann's carrot juice.

no i like to explore the science side to before i jump to paranormal to, i feel crazy saying i have them, but at the same time i know i do, i've seen the results and i trust in them. it's weird, like a love and hate relationship :P

plus i believe crazy people never think their crazy so therefore i am sane! XD

lol that's what i did :P i made him say roger rabbit loves marry ann's carrot juice.

I think the CIA would like to have a word with you.

:unsure:

that didn't really happen??

:unsure:

that didn't really happen??

Ohhh yeahhhh. Well *you* think of something then.

:P

In these cases would it not be both a gift and an ability? the gift being the ability, the ability being the actual physical process of doing it? for example with sight. The gift would be the ability to see, the ability of sight would be the process that you go through to interpret the images.

Not that I agree with Mr Walker however, I feel that a gift has to have the intent behind it for it to be a gift, so you couldn't receive a gift from your DNA for example. :wacko:

Unless of course, you consider that your parents gifted to you, through their creation of you with intent, their dna, and thus your physical attributes.

Again i accept this is a matter of both perception and pedantery. :devil:

Otherwise I tend to see it as you wrote. A gift is unearned, an ability is earned or learnt; but that is because of the definition of gift as much as anything. A gift is something unearned and freely given, without consideration of any recompense or reward.

I find kids around that age that aren't getting much attention in their personal life usually search for other venues to do so.

Edited by freeman88

• 3 weeks later...

I can feel other peoples feelings. I don't know what thats called. Its a little draining though and I am good at guessing what happens next. I used to be so good at "Guess Who?" when I was little that nobody wanted to play with me because I would guess straight away on the first go. I started faking that I didn't know so people would play it with me. :lol:

I hide out a lot so I don't have to put up with other peoples grief otherwise I find myself going totally mental. I don't even bother to try and help people. In fact I find myself hating a lot of people because I can always pick up on the "underlying message" of what they are saying if that makes any sense at all.

I sometimes have to fight the urge just to grab those people and just smack them up the side of the head and say "Stupid!"

Yeah I agree don't help them you'll only get grief you do.

Well, the knowing people's feelings part is called empathy, deary! And you've got clairvoyance, too. (Knowing what will happen.) I have clairvoyance, but not empathy. Though I've always wanted it, haha. Guess that's not my fate.... >.>

I have clairvoyance, which is my natural gift. But, I also practice pyrokinesis and cyrokinesis.... wish I could read minds and control them, though.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was seven I learned that I had several extraordinary abilities. Initially I was only able to heal people. But as time went on and I practiced and trained every day I learned that I could do so much more. Being only fourteen and having only seven years of experience, I know for a fact that it is extremely unusual and rare for me to have developed so quickly. One time two years ago I killed my freind just by touching him lightly on the chest. I then proceeded to bring him back to life. He also has a special "gift" and he and I were training together at this time. In all the times I changed schools (5) moving from town to town, I have only met four people with "gifts". All were around my age. But the frightening thing is that I am able to do things that would make even them cry to their mommys. I wish only to help people and do good, but there is always the chance that those I help may turn on me. What do I do then? Gandhi says I should not fight back. I should take it with my mouth shut. But there is only so much pain and suffering one person can take. And due to many many unfortunate events, I have had my limits tested time and time again. No child should have to carry a burden such as this. Why must I be the bigger person? So, I ask the advice of anyone who thinks they could give it. Please do not think of me as a freak, liar, or god. I am none of those.

Sorry but nobody can kill somebody in the way you stated. Anybody with an understanding of the spirit world and paranormal will tell you that's not possible and spiritually and karmically, not allowed. If your friend died after you touched him, it was merely coincidence. You need to mature a little and stop watching or reading the media sensationalism of the supernatural genre.

Quite a resume.

Now, how would you be able to prove that to us? Pretty simple. Head down to the local Uni/College, and show them what you got. The biology and physics department would be fascinated.

A mind can only be controlled if it has a willingness to be controlled.

Ive only just joined this forum, and from the threads so far that I'm reading, immaturity in certain matters seems prevalent. I was hoping for some adult debate and conversation about the paranormal etc. Is there any hope?