Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Feds oppose CA Prop 19 to legalize pot.

AROCES

Associated Press Writer= SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The U.S. government will "vigorously enforce" federal laws against marijuana even if voters next month make California the first state to legalize pot, Attorney General Eric Holder says.

Holder's warning, contained in a letter to ex-federal drug enforcement chiefs, was his most direct statement yet against Proposition 19, and it sets up another showdown with California over marijuana if the measure passes.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/9315317

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• DieChecker

• danielost

• MissMelsWell

Of course! They want to keep our prisons full of nonviolent offenders. :rolleyes:

So if I don't pay my Taxes or traffic ticket I should not go to jail?

Of course! They want to keep our prisons full of nonviolent offenders. :rolleyes:

So, you think people that break the law shouldn't be punished in accordance with the law? Unless they kill someone?

Well, that's great!! Remember that when someone steals all your stuff, or drives their car into your house (because they were stoned).

The combination of releasing all minor marijuana offense prisoners, the tax revenue from selling it and the explosion of tourists will do nothing but help this state.

I'm amazed that Holder guy kept a straight face when he said they would strictly enforce federal laws in California. God forbid they try to enforce federal immigration law here...

The combination of releasing all minor marijuana offense prisoners, the tax revenue from selling it and the explosion of tourists will do nothing but help this state.

Public school continue on deteriorating, welfare dependence continue on expanding, half the population are probably illegal workers and half works for the state, gangs all over and now let's get everyone legally stoned.

:tu:

The attorney general said the ballot measure's passage would "significantly undermine" efforts to keep California cites and towns safe.

Yeah, those dope smokers are a real violent bunch. :rolleyes: What planet does this guy live on?

So, you think people that break the law shouldn't be punished in accordance with the law? Unless they kill someone?

Well, that's great!! Remember that when someone steals all your stuff, or drives their car into your house (because they were stoned).

:rolleyes: Ya because when people get stoned they are thinking about what their next crime is going to be. :unsure2:

Public school continue on deteriorating, welfare dependence continue on expanding, half the population are probably illegal workers and half works for the state, gangs all over and now let's get everyone legally stoned.

:tu:

Maybe we should get them on whatever it is you're on. :blink:

I haven't read the law, but is there an age limit? Like 18 or 21? I think pot is fairly harmless, but I don't think it needs to be added to the mix of alcohol, tobacco and legal phamicuticles that people are already using. I think jail time is stupid to impose for pot, they should just be fined more and more each time, till the offender can no longer afford pot. Then if they go to jail it is for not meeting the terms of their fines and not for pot. Legalizing it should make it safer and more controlled, however. So this is kind of a two edged sword, it swings both ways.

Maybe we should get them on whatever it is you're on. :blink:

It is not me pushing to legalize what turns me on, so why should you get it for them?

Edited by AROCES

[/b]

:rolleyes: Ya because when people get stoned they are thinking about what their next crime is going to be. :unsure2:

That Liberal crap that hippies, dopeys, parasites and low lifers does no harm to a society has been proven wrong.

But as always, you want to try it again.

That Liberal crap that hippies, dopeys, parasites and low lifers does no harm to a society has been proven wrong.

Everyone who wants to get pot today DOES get it. It being illegal doesnt stop the trafficking and use, it just makes sure all the money makes its way to criminal elements of society. Its effects are basically identical to that of the Prohibition.

Everyone who wants to get pot today DOES get it. It being illegal doesnt stop the trafficking and use, it just makes sure all the money makes its way to criminal elements of society. Its effects are basically identical to that of the Prohibition.

:yes::tu:

Besides, I wonder how much certain "brotherhoods" contribute to certain "campaigns" so illegal drugs stay illegal.

No what has been proven wrong is the war on drugs. It is what does the most harm to society. It's the low lifers and parasites who want to keep it going because of that fact.

anyone who wants to murder does murder so we should legalize it.

Ha I laugh at people who are against pot legalization, because chances are they like to drink from time to time. If you drink alcohol, you are in no position to judge. Pot relaxes you, slows things down and everything is great. Also people on pot do not get violent. Alcohol makes you act dumber than on pot, gives you hangovers, messes up your liver and makes people get in fights. It's no comparison. Cigarettes cause mass cancer deaths all year round, from second hand smoke and first hand smoke, yet that is legal. :rolleyes: Legalize one or they all should be illegal.

Edited by grither

Using pot does not infringe on anyone else's rights. Murder, rather obviously, does.

1st of all its a plant and has no reason to be illegal

2nd do you even know why it was made illegal in the first place was because paper company and rope companies way back then where not making much money because with hemp you can produce all of that

and one of the head government officials had stock in those companies thus giving him a reason to ban marijuana.

take away your stocks competitors then your stock sells alot more

no one has died because of weed

yes people die from cigarettes, alcohol, and guns everyday

the reason being they can put taxes on that stuff

marijuana is natural and you cannot patent it which means they cannot profit from it

before your all for a law make sure you know why its against the law in the first place

implying smoking a joint is as bad as home invasion or robbery then thats the same as saying thieves are same as murderers

What's liberal about it, and anyway conservatives should be against the government sticking its nose into people's business. Lots of regular people use weed, not just "low lifers." IT's not crack cocaine for crying out loud.

And no I have never done it before someone accuses me of being a doper.

Marijuana doesn't hurt anyone. There is absolutely no reason why it shouldn't be legal and taxed.

Not hurting anyone is arguable.

BUT....that being said, I've no issues with it being legal. Taxed, and mandated to only be available to adults.

The violence and drug gangs of today are no different than the prohibition era gangsters running bootleg liquor.

I won't smoke pot, even if it's legal, and I see it as absolutely no different than alcohol.