Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Feds oppose CA Prop 19 to legalize pot.

AROCES

Here's the problem:

If pot becomes legal, it won't reduce the criminal element getting involved. This is what the potheads just can't wrap their heads around. Whenever there's money to made, the criminal element thinks that all money should be theirs and will try to control it.

The only way to diminish this influence is to regulate pot.

Which means increasing the power of the government.

You mean increase the government private prisons that house people for five years over a simple pot possession at the expense of the tax payer. Get off it man I don't smoke pot but I see the fallacy some want to create and by saying people who are for this as pot smokers shows your not quit clear on the issue. What you are saying is that tobacco and booze should be illegal because sometimes a store is robbed :rolleyes:

How many Al Capones do you see today?

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• DieChecker

• danielost

• The Silver Thong

To reduce crime for cryin out loud. Have you forgotten what prohibition did? It created gangstas mo fo :lol:

Make cheese burgers illegal and you create the same problem. An underground cheeseburger ring, think about :w00t: very scary

Then why don't you just think of some other recreation instead of getting stoned if you really care about crime.

As you can see it is not really the crime that you are concern about but a cheap and easy way to get stoned.

Then why don't you just think of some other recreation instead of getting stoned if you really care about crime.

As you can see it is not really the crime that you are concern about but a cheap and easy way to get stoned.

I have quite literally never touched the stuff, and never will. That being said, from a purely utilitarian perspective the current policy is nothing but destructive and quite simply doesn't work, for the same reasons that the alcohol prohibition was nothing but destructive and didn't work. My personal wants have zero bearing on this fact.

Edited by Torgo

Put down the crack pipe Aroces, it's really starting to get to you. You no longer make sense and I am really getting worried about you. Please stop, you will thank me ;)

I have quite literally never touched the stuff, and never will. That being said, from a purely utilitarian perspective the current policy is nothing but destructive and quite simply doesn't work, for the same reasons that the alcohol prohibition was nothing but destructive and didn't work. My personal wants have zero bearing on this fact.

Then you have no clue of what it can do to you. I have tried it, makes you a veggie, unproductive, live in lala land thinking evereything is alright for you are addicted to it and don't even know it.

And when you stay away from it you realize its a real and beautiful world after all without the hallucination.

Then you have no clue of what it can do to you. I have tried it, makes you a veggie, unproductive, live in lala land thinking evereything is alright for you are addicted to it and don't even know it.

And when you stay away from it you realize its a real and beautiful world after all without the hallucination.

So because booze is legal you can make the leap that everyone is an alcoholic. I know pot smokers and I have tried it as well. As far as addictive, less than tobacco or booze. You generalize far to much my friend. Oh and put that joint out will ya.

Contact is not real. And so what if someone smokes pot? It's not hurting you. A chocolate habit is arguably more harmful and sets a bad example. Legalize it, tax it, regulate it. Weed doesn't equal crime and morality any more than any substance you put in your body.

So because booze is legal you can make the leap that everyone is an alcoholic. I know pot smokers and I have tried it as well. As far as addictive, less than tobacco or booze. You generalize far to much my friend. Oh and put that joint out will ya.

It is not me defending dope, so who do you think is smoking pot right at this moment?:rofl:

Contact is not real. And so what if someone smokes pot? It's not hurting you. A chocolate habit is arguably more harmful and sets a bad example. Legalize it, tax it, regulate it. Weed doesn't equal crime and morality any more than any substance you put in your body.

Ban soda, chocolate, candy bar and then lets sell dopes instead.

We all will be looking like hippes soon.:lol:

To the bolded: what proof do you have of this? I don't see people smuggling moonshine around anymore...

It does not matter what proof there is to support this. The potheads will simply dismiss and deny it. So it doesn't matter.

If I posted ten reams of proof nobody would ever listen and they'd just point to a small study somebody else did to support their lies.

So it would be a wasted and useless effort.

Edited by Agent X

Ban soda, chocolate, candy bar and then lets sell dopes instead.

We all will be looking like hippes soon.:lol:

Yup it's pointless to even try. Me personal I don't care if pot is legal or not. IF I were a pot smoker it would take many crimes to take place for me to get it but it's not that hard to get as it's everywhere. So your argument has become one of supporting big government and more prisons, ok then.

It does not matter what proof there is to support this. The potheads will simply dismiss and deny it.

So next time you buy a case of beer people can label you an alcoholic hmmm ok what ever you like man.

If you don't drink get on the wagon and have it outlawed lol

So next time you buy a case of beer people can label you an alcoholic hmmm ok what ever you like man.

If you don't drink get on the wagon and have it outlawed lol

Imagine, the world Series and instead of Beer everyone smoking POT. so whoever hit s home run the stadium is quiet for everyone is stoned.

LOL:lol:

And the next day they read in the paper who won....LOL:lol:

Edited by AROCES

Imagine, the world Series and instead of Beer everyone smoking POT. so whoever hit s home run the stadium is quiet for everyone is stoned.

LOL:lol:

Confirmed, you are clueless :P Ever see someone play EA sports while high lol drunks just get mad at the ref's and each other but it's still fun :unsure2:

Edited by The Silver Thong

Some of you are the most sadly ignorant, and laughably moronic individuals I have ever come across in my entire life. Although it is painfully apparent that most of you have never been overly burdened with an abundance of schooling, I feel it is my duty... No, my obligation to inform you of said stupidity. Go and take a college class on biology, brain chemistry, or the human endocannabinoid system before you ever spit your 1950's corn fed propaganda in any marijuana related forum post again. Lets state facts here. FACT Not one death has been directly attributed to MJ. FACT Holland has the lowest substace abuse rate in all of Europe, and is the ONLY nation to regulate the MJ industry. The arguments you present are that hippies, dopers and reefers are getting stoned and driving through houses. Yet fail to mention that more accidents are attributes to elderly driving than to marijuana. You claim marijuana as a gateway drug. Yet forget that the first mind altering substance that 8 out of 10 children experience is alchohol or tobacco. First exposure to mind altering substances cause a curiosity in other such substances. You show only that you have the debate skills and logic of your elementary school debate team... The mastersebaters right? Come to U of Michigan attend one of my graduate philosophy seminars... We can discuss the sadly deterministic nature of your badly programed little chemical machines you call brains. Animals...

That was posted from my iPhone I apologize for the poorly formated post above.

You mean increase the government private prisons that house people for five years over a simple pot possession at the expense of the tax payer. Get off it man I don't smoke pot but I see the fallacy some want to create and by saying people who are for this as pot smokers shows your not quit clear on the issue. What you are saying is that tobacco and booze should be illegal because sometimes a store is robbed :rolleyes:

How many Al Capones do you see today?

almost 600.

Some of you are the most sadly ignorant, and laughably moronic individuals I have ever come across in my entire life. Although it is painfully apparent that most of you have never been overly burdened with an abundance of schooling, I feel it is my duty... No, my obligation to inform you of said stupidity. Go and take a college class on biology, brain chemistry, or the human endocannabinoid system before you ever spit your 1950's corn fed propaganda in any marijuana related forum post again. Lets state facts here. FACT Not one death has been directly attributed to MJ. FACT Holland has the lowest substace abuse rate in all of Europe, and is the ONLY nation to regulate the MJ industry. The arguments you present are that hippies, dopers and reefers are getting stoned and driving through houses. Yet fail to mention that more accidents are attributes to elderly driving than to marijuana. You claim marijuana as a gateway drug. Yet forget that the first mind altering substance that 8 out of 10 children experience is alchohol or tobacco. First exposure to mind altering substances cause a curiosity in other such substances. You show only that you have the debate skills and logic of your elementary school debate team... The mastersebaters right? Come to U of Michigan attend one of my graduate philosophy seminars... We can discuss the sadly deterministic nature of your badly programed little chemical machines you call brains. Animals...

That was posted from my iPhone I apologize for the poorly formated post above.

Sounds like a dopey to me trying all he can to get his stuff cheap and easy to get.

Edited by AROCES

Yup it's pointless to even try. Me personal I don't care if pot is legal or not. IF I were a pot smoker it would take many crimes to take place for me to get it but it's not that hard to get as it's everywhere. So your argument has become one of supporting big government and more prisons, ok then.

Those under age and who can't afford it because of Taxes imposed and business profit will still get it from the same source. Not much crime really will be gone, just easy access to some.

Edited by AROCES

Those under age and who can't afford it because of Taxes imposed and business profit will still get it from the same source. Not much crime really will be gone, just easy access to some.

Just like all the young ones who cannot afford it are buying their beer from Al Capone and Joe Kennedy.

Just like all the young ones who cannot afford it are buying their beer from Al Capone and Joe Kennedy.

No criminal elements are dependent on selling booze.

But drugs?

No criminal elements are dependent on selling booze.

But drugs?

Why do they not depend on selling booze? Because it is cheaper to buy it in a store. In fact a 30 year old Jack is cheaper in the store than the money you could make some moonshine for.

Marijuana would be no different. The farmer who grows it, as a rule, does not get more for it than if he would be planting tomatoes... only he does not have a market to sell the tomatoes to.

Legalizing the stuff would bring the price down to tobacco level.

Why do they not depend on selling booze? Because it is cheaper to buy it in a store. In fact a 30 year old Jack is cheaper in the store than the money you could make some moonshine for.

Marijuana would be no different. The farmer who grows it, as a rule, does not get more for it than if he would be planting tomatoes... only he does not have a market to sell the tomatoes to.

Legalizing the stuff would bring the price down to tobacco level.

So one less product for the drug dealers to sell, how does that reduce crime?

Edited by AROCES

So one less product for the drug dealers to sell, how does that reduce crime?

Hmmm... so we still had Valentine day's shootings after they lifted the prohibition?

almost 600.

Names pls as they would be criminals and the police might want to know about them.