Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why should aliens be more inteligent than us?

Hammys Teddy

Hi all,

While I dont rule out the possibility of life on other planets, I dont subscribe to the notion they have/are visiting earth.

Its also interesting to note that UFO sightings seem to have changed in line with progress made in the aviation industry...

Now with the exception of 'unidentified flying objects' because thats exactly what they are UNIDENTIFIED, what evidence is there to suggest that aliens are more advanced than we are??

Perhaps we are the most advanced species out there??

Teddy.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unorthodox Thesis

• Miang

• wunarmdscissor

• Murdison

If human beings are the most intelligent species out there, may god help us all.

Most people expect that aliens will be more intelligent than us, humans, due to the fact that we have yet to come up with what would be needed for them to get to us.

In other words of they have a space craft that can travel from outside of our galaxy and to our planet in a relatively good time, they are way ahead of us in space technology atleast.

The development of civilization from cavemen to space exploration took us 10.000 years. (Of course, who can say how many times before, we had gone from cavemen to space exploration and beyond, before we destroyed ourselves and every sign of our previous existance.)

Anyway, my point is, if the Universe is as old as 15 billion years, that leaves room for many civilizations to grow much, much more advanced than ours..

If human beings are the most intelligent species out there, may god help us all.

lol grin2.gif

I’ve been reading through most of the post in this section and most of the people seem to say that aliens are uber intelligent and that we humans are basically stupid waste of space. I know that humans have made mistakes, but I don’t think that it is because we are stupid, in fact I think it quite the contrary I believe that we are too smart for our own good. We devolved technology faster than we could morals, I mean ok using nuclear weapons was an obvious mistake, but how could we possibly have know the effects of cfcs, whaling, and all of the other things we have done that have harmed the environment. And although it’s slow, things are improving, we are starting to own up and right our wrongs.

Why does advanced tech necessarily mean high intelligence? I know allot of people who are very stupid, but use computers, cell phones, and PDAs to the limits of their efficiency. And I know a lot of smart people who don’t have any of these things. I don’t think the people of developed countries are more intelligent that people from third world countries, the only thing they we had and they didn’t is a jumpstart in our technological devolvement. I think this is the same with aliens, in several alien abduction they use fairly primitive tech like scalpels when with their tech they could use lasers. Their memory erasures wear off in a lot of people and in some it doesn’t work at all. And they managed to crash several ships on the surface of our planet. That doesn’t sound like something a highly intelligent species would do, hell not even a human would do something like that!

As for having 15 billion years to devolve, no species had that, first off you had to wait at least a billion years for the first stars to begin to burn and for the first galaxies to form. Next you had to wait another six or seven billion years for those stars to begin to synthesizing the heaver elements necessary for planets to form, then a few more billion years for the stars to start synthesizing the elements for civilization to begin.

This says it all , we're praying that we're not all the universe has to offer, maybe its in our psyche. The fear of being the best or the embarrasment of it.

My brother owns chickens. Often I like to chase

them around in the yard for fun.When I catch the

rooster, he is scared to death. It is a similar feeling

for us when we are abducted by aliens. When the

rooster considers my size and my ability to do as I

wish to the rooster, it is scared for its life. But, I would

never kill that poor rooster. My brother keeps the chickens

so that they'll produce eggs. We eat some, and let some

hatch. Think of the relation between us and the aliens.

They just might have a higher purpose for us that we cannot

even imagine! What do you think?

Anyway, my point is, if the Universe is as old as 15 billion years, that leaves room for many civilizations to grow much, much more advanced than ours..

Yep! That says it! thumbsup.gif

If there actually were aliens and they were able to travel here; I don't think they would necessarily have to be any more intelligent than us. They'd just had to have devoted more time and resources to thier quest for space travel than we have..

laugh.gif

concurrage !

It’s fairly easy to explain…..the first generation of stars would not have had planets. Until they had lived out their rather short (by cosmic standards) life spans and gone nova, seeding space with elements heavier than hydrogen and helium, there would have been nothing to make planets from. Second generation stars could have had planets, but they would have been metal-poor, therefore the ability of any intelligent life form leaving the surface of their home planet would have been slim. Third generation stars (such as our Sun) could have planets that met all the requirements for space faring intelligent beings. Those stars would all be about the age of our sun! Therefore Star Trek probably had it right, with all of the different races being close together in level of civilization. On another train, the reason it took us so long to reach where we are is that old bugaboo of mankind – Organized Faith-based Religion. All faith-based religions tend to discourage intellectual pursuits, as does Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc . If it were not for religion, we would probably have been to the stars long ago. thumbsup.gif

I know allot of people who are very stupid, but use computers

SO! Keeps me off the streets,dunnit! disgust.gif

the reason it took us so long to reach where we are is that old bugaboo of mankind

Be-o, you were doing so well up until that point...bugaboo? huh.gif

Hey Norm!

I like your chicken theory thumbsup.gif

As for whoever started this thread- I think the intelligence of the aliens probably can't be compared to ours so easily. Their culture is probably so different, their intertactions, their ideas, their norms. And maybe technology doesn't necessarily equal intelligence, perhaps they just had more time to produce their technology and had better resources. Who's to say we won't get there at some time? I would say they are more highly evolved than us, but that doesn't necessarily imply intelligence.

I think we are intelligent with our technology, but not how we use it. I think we have a less than evoloved idea of how to socially relate and deal with universal problems. If intelligence means knowing how to accurately and effectively/safely use what we know for the better good of all or us, then no, we are not more intelligent. It's too hard to compare because we know so little about their worlds, just what we see of their technology with travel.

They would have to be intelligent to make ways to travel to other planets.

Whether or not they are wise is a different matter, being intelligent has nothing to do with using technology, but being wise does, for example, you could have one of the smartest scientists and he does an experiment that is very complex and it works out alright, but they didnt think of the side effects and whether or not it is moral.

Edited by Cradle of Fish

Some may like to think we are intelligent and yes we have technology that we have created that only intelligent beings could possibly create. We have a scoiety with laws, infrastructure, religion, constitutions and you do have to be some what intelligent to come up with these. Now aliens are most likely going to be sooooo different from us that we may not even be able to undersatnd them or realise they are intelligent. There could be a species out there that knows basically everything and could do equations in its mind that only our super computers could handle, but they may have turned there backs on technology and live with the surrounding environment as just another cog in the system. Intelligence can be defined in many different ways but when it comes to aliens how exactly are we going to measure their intelligence???......

Aliens will probably be more intelligent than us because basically they wont be like us. They probably wont be killing each other, polluting the planet, etc etc..... They will think things through, look at side effects and probable difficulities and problems. They will basically most likely be wise and understand things. We are4 intelligent yes, but by no means are we anywhere near anything that could be called geniuses or wise beings!!!

Aliens will also probably have had more time to evolve and develop their society and technology. We are still young in a very old place. Something out there will be more intelligent than us!!! Because if we are it, than GOD help us all!!! tongue.gif

Aliens will probably be more intelligent than us because basically they wont be like us. They probably wont be killing each other, polluting the planet, etc etc..... They will think things through, look at side effects and probable difficulities and problems. They will basically most likely be wise and understand things. We are4 intelligent yes, but by no means are we anywhere near anything that could be called geniuses or wise beings!!!

Who says they'll be benevolent, perhaps theyve have evolved into a species of warmongerers we just dont know.

They would have to be intelligent to make ways to travel to other planets.

Like Starship Enterprise?

Ah, yes…

Only an intellectually superior being could find a way to place a pause in every sentence…

LOL grin2.gif

Maybe they are less intelligent or on an even par with us, but have been left the means to travel through space by a far superior race, thats now extinct or gone to a higher plain of existence, i call these the ancients, oh wait thats stargate sg-1, but it could still be true

Plus certain alien races may have better resources in order to progress a space program faster, who knows...