Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Worst horror movies

msmike1

Here is a thread to go along with the best horror movies. Just as important to know what to watch is what not to watch. I hate wasting 2hrs of my life watching a movie of any kind and be left feeling like watching my grass grow would have been more rewarding. So, with that said what are the worst horror movies you have ever seen. Now, lets not include any one of the thousands of stupid B grade horror flicks that have been made. Just list the worst that you have seen that are relevant. Maybe list the more current movies that you have seen that suck. I don't know just list some.

Mike

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• msmike1

• Black Hound

• Moonspectre

Me, personnaly it was the 2010 version of "A nightmare on Elm Street", With Jackie Earle Haley and Rooney Mara. At one point i felt like i was watching the O.C. or Beverly Hills 90210, it was terrible. It's sad because i liked the idea of trying to explain the past of Freddy Krueger. Sadly everything is bad about that movie, i mean everything. The only thing that made we watch was Rooney Mara, she is incredibly cute. Besides that it was an incredible waste of time.

Those stupid Chucky movies...all of them....pfft

And the Wicker Man.....been more scared watching Scooby Doo.

Edited by Eldorado

I'll vote for 1408....

John Cusack was such a bad actor in that it made it cringingly horrible....but not in the way they intended.

I agree with everyone except 1408. I detest John Cusack for many reasons and his acting in that movie left a lot to be desired, but the rest of the movie and the story itself were pretty good. For me I don't have a worst of all time because there have been so many bad horror movies made. There have probably been more cheap, really bad horror movies made than any other genre. If you exclude all of the B grade horror flicks and just focus on the ones that were actually meant to be real movies the list shrinks a little. In the last decade horror has sucked royally. Same old same old, and too many movies have had the worst endings ever if they even had anything resembling an ending. Too many sequals to count(saw) and very few really good movies to make up for the buckets of crap. The Happening would be on my list along with the wicker man, darkness falls, any of the horrorfest movies(films to die for), shutter, one missed call, pulse, the fog, and the list can go on and on.

Mike

Cabin Fever was horrible! Also....Halloween remake of Rob Zombie, both(1 and 2) were equally bad...

(Edit - I'm also going to predict Halloween 3D will be bad, though its not a RZ movie)

Edited by Ozzy Valentine

Me, personnaly it was the 2010 version of "A nightmare on Elm Street", With Jackie Earle Haley and Rooney Mara. At one point i felt like i was watching the O.C. or Beverly Hills 90210, it was terrible. It's sad because i liked the idea of trying to explain the past of Freddy Krueger. Sadly everything is bad about that movie, i mean everything. The only thing that made we watch was Rooney Mara, she is incredibly cute. Besides that it was an incredible waste of time.

I agree. I wanted so badly to like it because I really love Jackie Earle Haley as an actor but you can't touch an original like that. Robert Englund will always be Freddy anyway.

I didnt mind Rob Zombies Halloween, but Halloween 2 sucked!

case 39 was pretty generic and predictable.

I agree. I wanted so badly to like it because I really love Jackie Earle Haley as an actor but you can't touch an original like that. Robert Englund will always be Freddy anyway.

Sadly Jackie Earle Haley is no Rorschach in that movie. :(

He is a great actor....but not that time.

And in the scene where Rooney take a bath I was saying to myself "well at least i'm gonna see her naked", and we didn't even saw her butt, it was really like an episode of 90210 or something like that. And Rooney Mara will play the role of Lisbeth Salander in "the girl with the Dragon tattoo". I don't know how shy,prude Rooney Mara will be able to play the rough, bisexual, violent Lisbeth, I just don't see it.

Here is a thread to go along with the best horror movies. Just as important to know what to watch is what not to watch. I hate wasting 2hrs of my life watching a movie of any kind and be left feeling like watching my grass grow would have been more rewarding. So, with that said what are the worst horror movies you have ever seen. Now, lets not include any one of the thousands of stupid B grade horror flicks that have been made. Just list the worst that you have seen that are relevant. Maybe list the more current movies that you have seen that suck. I don't know just list some.

Mike

I'm not sure if it is "Horror" or "Science Fiction" but I do know this movie is "Horrible"... "Mega-Piranha". Watch it someday if you feel like a bad movie night. There are scenes in it that made me laugh out loud at the basic stupidity.

I'm not sure if it is "Horror" or "Science Fiction" but I do know this movie is "Horrible"... "Mega-Piranha". Watch it someday if you feel like a bad movie night. There are scenes in it that made me laugh out loud at the basic stupidity.

Absolutely, I just watched it the other day on Netflix. The funniest part was when the generic tough hero guy was on his back bicycle kicking the piranha that were jumping at him. It was so bad, I had to rewind it and watch it again and again with my son. We both laughed for like 10 minutes.

I found the vid, it's been altered a bit but this is basically what was in the movie. Absolutely terrible. :lol:

Edited by Slave2Fate

Absolutely, I just watched it the other day on Netflix. The funniest part was when the generic tough hero guy was on his back bicycle kicking the piranha that were jumping at him. It was so bad, I had to rewind it and watch it again and again with my son. We both laughed for like 10 minutes.

I found the vid, it's been altered a bit but this is basically what was in the movie. Absolutely terrible. :lol:

That was one of the scenes I had to laugh at... Another little thing : When a movie uses CGI to create piranhas and says in a scene that at the moment the Piranhas are the size of a wolf, don't immediately cut to a scene of one jumping out of the water and crashing into a building where it clearly shows that said Piranha is larger than a house...

And, of course, the other big thing to remember for all aspiring moviemakers : Tiffany can't act. And she isn't even all that hot to look at anymore.

There are far too many horrible horror films to list... The worst one that I've ever seen (part of) was a piece of garbage entitled Jolly Roger: Massacre at Cutters Cove. IMDB Link

I was in the mood for some new movies, so stopped in at a local Hollywood Video and looked through the previously viewed DVD's. They had some kind of sale like buy 4 movies for $20 or something. I had found three that I wanted but couldn't settle on a fourth. This one caught my eye...

skachat_film_besplatno_obiratel_golov_big.jpg

The back of the DVD case didn't look too bad either:

"When a young group of friends stumbles upon an ancient treasure chest, they unwittingly unleash the demonic pirate known as Jolly Roger. Now the slaughter begins. Barely escaping with their lives, Alex and Jessie must unravel the clues that brought this unholy creature back from the pits of Hell or they too will suffer the wrath of Jolly Roger..."

Sure, why not? It can't be that bad can it?

Yes. It can. <_<

I don't think I got more than 10 minutes in before I couldn't take any more. If any of you have watched this all the way through and can provide a convincing argument, I might give it another shot.

worst horror film ever? possibly troll 2

That clip is amazing... I love the fly on the dude's forehead. :lol:

Gee I have a Frankenstein theme going but here goes it.

Terror! Il castello delle donne maledette (yet it is comedy gold)

Dracula vs. Frankenstein

Blackenstein

Classic choices; for me, it's The Braniac (1962).

Well I can add another one to my list. Staunton Hill. If anyone wants to feel like removing their eyeballs with a rusty spoon after a movie then watch this one. Needless to say it sucked is not a description that I feel does it justice. Oh and how can I forget Frankenhooker. Ahhh what a classic.

Mike

Plan Nine From Outer Space...

Widely regarded as the worst movie ever....

(how do you embed youtube vids in this thread?...)

Edited by Taun

Plan Nine From Outer Space...

Widely regarded as the worst movie ever....

(how do you embed youtube vids in this thread?...)

I've actually seen worse movies than that... At least Ed Wood came up with a rather novel idea behind the weapon that they were talking about (The one that used light from a sun to ignite it causing a chain reaction). Try watching "Mano: The Hands of Fate" without Joel and the Bots riffing on it someday... or, if you are truly adventurous, Tony Malanowskis output ("Night of Terror" and "Curse of the Cannibal Confederates")... Now those are both bad and have nothing to alleviate the badness.