Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Saving Us All

4dplane

Please read post for question  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Please read post for question

• No Control -
    • Some Control -
    • Medium Control -
    • Strong Control -
    • Max Control -

Yeah....because taxes going into paying for a scheme to....get us...into heaven....that wouldn't be a huge waste of our money, no rolleyes.gif

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4dplane

• Seraphina

• Janiel

• earthygirl04

This poll is intended for anyone whose religion requires a set of rules to be followed in order to enter the gates of heaven. If you have no written doctrine in your belief system that states you must live by a set of rules for the purpose of not going to hell. I ask you kindly to not vote on this poll.

The question is, “how far would you be willing to let your government’s control your/our lives in order to help all people get into heaven.”

4dplane, I wasn't voting because as it stands my religious beliefs are somewhat confused right now. If I was still involved with the church as I once was, then I would say, yes, I fit the criteria to vote. However since my religious beliefs have become more on the lines of confusing, I haven't voted. I don't believe the government would be at all concerned about any one going to heaven. As it stands I wouldn't let the government have any control whatsoever, over any of my beliefs, religious or otherwise! The government doesn't care about the "little" people. If your not a millionaire then they could care less about what happens to you. If you want my opinion.......the government won't be going to heaven! whistling2.gif

First, the point of the poll being selective was because I felt that anyone with no set of rules would only vote for "no Government control".

Ok twelve votes, not much to make a sturdy assessment from but we’ll work with it anyway. Most of you voted for no control so let’s proclaim that the religious people of the world that have a doctrine of salvation, are not willing to give up some of their freedoms for the salvation of the rest of us. If this is true, then why do we have the world system that we have to day? For the sake of simplicity let’s look at the “laws of sex” in America, a good topic to contrast with religion. Lots of you know what I mean but for the few that may not, do a search in Google of your state laws on sex acts. You’ll quickly find that every act you can think of is defined and given a value of severity. Note - I am making the assertion that these sex laws have been put into place with the influence of the church (religious people). Who else would care about what two consenting married or unmarried PEOPLE do in the privacy of their own home? I don’t think many atheist or agnostics would care. And probably many a religious person would not care either. But the fact is the laws are there, and the people who wrote the laws were influenced by the church and its human ideals about what is right and wrong. So to me, this is a wide spread idea of helping us all what; not have a good time having sex. No, they are installed to show that we a so called county of, “Morals” are in theory, working by the words of god. And one day these laws could be enforced if the means to become feasible.

So really now, the people who say they want no control from their government on helping people get into heaven. Is it not your duty to help us? Well this is the word of G. W. Bush anyway. He is the type of Christian I fear the most. He is one that fits this mold perfectly. So if you were going to vote for Bush and you voted NO, for a Government helping us all get into heaven then my friend, you know what you need to do this November. thumbsup.gif

You know, I really am tired of this ridiculous idea that morales and laws are imposed on us by religion...religion is responsible for more death, hatred and fighting than any other cause in humanity's history. It has proven over and over to be the cause of intollerance, persecution and death.

Notwithstanding that Christianity, with it's "word of god" as its morale pillar, has been responsible for some of the worst and bloodiest chapters in human history, other cultures have managed just fine without the church, and exist with established laws and codes of conduct that stop them slaughtering each other as a matter of course....in fact, in today's world, you'll find there's a trend that shows the more religious a culture is, the more likely it is to be have a morale standpoint we would consider uncivilised.

Laws, and the punishment for breaking them, are brought about by changes in what is culturally acceptable....the one time the Church actually was the sole power behind law and order, it proceeded to murder tens out thousands of people throughout Europe tongue.gif

You know, I really am tired of this ridiculous idea that morales and laws are imposed on us by religion...

So are you saying the laws in Scotland are not an echo of religious belief?

Here in America I am sure many laws have been created by the influence of Holy Christian thought.

So are you saying the laws in Scotland are not an echo of religious belief?

Here in America I am sure many laws have been created by the influence of Holy Christian thought.

Of course. But thats changing over time.

Edited by Norman

I am understanding where you are coming from 4dplane. I assume this is the sign of the times, our history has already told us what will become. I read an article that stated that Bush is seeking advice from rapture evangelists, and to me that is alarming! The other day I was driving and these peolple where standing on the side of the street holding these giant boards about abortion. They had pictures of babies that were dead, it was totally wrong to me. As my daughter was in the car, she is 10 and saw these pictures too. The sign said homeland secruity. someone forgot about these ones. I imagine the board for those, who agree that the government should help us get to heaven. Would say something like this- I am Gods messenger, vote for me or burn in hell. Hey why doesn't Bush just say it?

Probally the same reason that some of those people holding up the boards with pictures of aborted babies, where also hiding their faces behind the signs. People who are so against something, ie. homosexuality, abortion, war or whatvever they may be against. They should instead be for something ie. understanding, education, compassion. To stop being against something opens the doors for change. We have the power to change; However, our current government is doing it the wrong way.