Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Atomic Bombs

Here are two stories that i read in a book that will get you thinking. ???

In 1947 in Southern Iraq, archaeologists dug a deep shaft that went down past the ancient cultures of Babylon, Chaldea and Sumeria, then past village level, past the farmers of 8,000 years ago and on to the earliest cave culture. Below that they found a floor of fused glass, like that of the desert floor in present day New Mexico where Atom bombs were tested. The same 'vitrified' soil has been found in the Gobi desert. Could the Bible story of destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah be a nuclear blast described by someone unaware of what they were witnessing?

If you want to know how to build a 'Vimna', read the Mahabarata, a collection of ancient Sanskirt writings which describes how to build one. Vimnas were flying machines. It also tells of rockets usedjfor warfare and an 'arrow of unconsciousness' that can make whole armies helpless. It describes this event: "...a single projectile, charged with all the power of the Universe".

"An incandescent column of smoke and flame, as bright as ten thousand suns, rose in all it's splendour...it was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashes the entire race of the Unshnis and the Andhakas. The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognisable. Their hair and nails fell out, pottery broke without any apparant cause and birds turne white. After a few hours all foodstuff were infected..." Did someone use an atomic bomb?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stellar

• Burgundy Johnson

• bathory

• crosswarrior

Dowdy,

It could of been an alien race that was in war with the humans of Sodom & Gomorrah and who knows who else. Maybe they upset the skygods and they blasted them with atomic bombs.

Read the Quantas Mystery by John Grisby it might answer some of your questions.

Cheers ;)Mr-X

Z. Sitchn talks about this in one of his books (8 in all) and shows some of the satelite pictures that brought this subject to be studied further.

Also, just as an afterthought to a previous post on Atlantis.  Magicman, you totally missed the whole point...the land mass at the time of the Atlantean period...the land mass of the earth at THAT TIME was known as atlantis, not just one small island!

I am sorry you misunderstood, I thought that was a given known to folks to who have read about this.

Sorry I wasn't more clear.

-lori

Lori

Timaeus and Critias, two of Plato's dialogues, are the only existing original written records which specifically refer to Atlantis. The story is about the conflict between the ancient Athenians and the Atlantians about 9000 years before Plato's time. Plato himself stated that the Continent of Atlantis was a vast island empire. It is widely believed to originate in the Atlantic Ocean(though there are many theories as to it's origins), spreading through Europe, Africa, parts of Asia. According to Plato, the Atlantians had recently defeated many nations around the Athenians, and had just been DEFEATED by the Athenians before the Continent of Atlantis was consumed by the sea.

My point is, if Atlantis was the name of the whole worlds land mass EVEN AT THAT TIME, how come Plato(who is the only author of Atlantis) made referances to them as being an island empire, at the same time making referances about other countries not under Atlantis' rule, AT THAT TIME???

Homer[glow=color,strength,width]

Point taken and understood.  I have not read the Plato account and what is will reveal itself in good time...but still much to ponder.  Thank you for the info...much appreciated!

-lori :D

Dowdy,

Where did you get this information???  I would like do read more about it.  It sounds very interesting.

Thanks,

Jamie

There's nothing much to read more about it 'cause they were the only two cases in the book i have. The book is called 'The Unexplained' and it's from the 'Fun Fax' series so i doubt you'll find it in the library. i saw the book on special in a store and they were basically giving it away. they were selling it for only $0.15 (about $0.09 Americian)!! Now that's what i call a bargin. There was another book i bought aswell. It was called 'Incredible Facts'. It has got some pretty interesting stuff in there aswell like one story i read - Squirrels use their tails like parachutes. They have been seen falling from trees as high as a 50-storey building without hurting themselves!

Very interesting books. If you do see them in a store i suggest you buy them.   :)

What a little lush.   :D  He deffinitely shouldnt try parachuting drunk.  Having double vision might make it hard to land.

Jamie

• 2 years later...

The theory of a an ancient A-bomb sounds plausible. But if it is how many more times shall we have to blow ourselves back into the stone age? For if it has been done once undoubtably it will be done again.

Iraq right ? maybe its not ancient at all , just some old dirty abandoned nuclear shaft that looks ancient . Iraq is a place that has tried to get nuclear weapons before .

Actually I believe the legend came from India.

Opps, I'm thinking of a different story.

Edited by Magikman

I would assume that the fused glass was the result of an impact event, rather than an atomic bomb. After all, it is the intense heat of an explosion that causes this, not radioactivity.

Iremember seeing that the glass from where the U.s. military conducted it's test was a glowing green color. What color was the glass in Irag? huh.gif

The theory of a an ancient A-bomb sounds plausible. But if it is how many more times shall we have to blow ourselves back into the stone age? For if it has been done once undoubtably it will be done again.

The sands of the area will melt when exposed to extreme heat. Modern day glassmakers use an over that burns in excess of 1500 degree(f) to turn silica in glass.

While that is an extreme temperature, nuclear devices are not the only option that we have to choose from.

An ancient A-bomb seems pretty unlikely to me. Although there is a lot of history that we have no idea about, I would tend to lean towards a much simpler theory.

In 1908 an explosion occured near Tunguska Siberia. It could be heard clearly over 500 miles from the epicenter. While the debate goes back and forth as to whether it was a meteor or an asteriod, the result was the same. Hundreds of square miles were destroyed by the explosion, and fires burned for some time afterwards. This is a fairly rare, but unheard of event, and there are several impact craters that can be found around the globe from different times in earths history.

How many craters are there that have been created by an impact of a meteor that get covered up by geological processes over a period of thousands of years? We still don't have a good idea as to how often we get struck by large meteors. There could be a lot of these impact craters that create glass(in the desert) that we just don't have a clue about.

I don't think that we have blown ourselves up before. Mankind as we know it hasn't been around long enough to develop any serious technology that we could have blown ourselves up with, before now that is.

If we had blown ourselves back into the stone-age, there would be something left over from that period of time as a clue to our past.

why is it that people automatically think that for there to be a mushroom cloud, it has to be an A-Bomb? Mushroom clouds are merely a biproduct of a large enough explosion, sure the radiation is compelling but a meteorite would be just as capable of creating a similar effect...

• 4 months later...

Radioactive meteorite.......to the extent that it altered the glass fused in the impact. Very highly unlikely.....why??

You have to know the composition of the main classes of meteorite/asteroids which populate the Solar System to understand this. Whilst there are some radioactive minerals that occur in meteorites, the concentrations and total amounts do not weigh up to be enough to cause the effects that are seen. Except in very large objects (those 1km or more in size), and even then it would depend entirely on the composition of that one particular piece of rock.

However that's not to say that it can't be natural.....and an asteroid impact could still cause the glass to go blue-green if it hit the right strata/rocks. Strata that contains higher than normal concentrations of Uranium (Lanthanide)series elements. The force of the impact, might, after the whole shebang died down allow radioactive minerals to concentrate in high enough quantities to form an area of higher than normal radioactivity.

What sends the glass the colour it is, is radiation damage caused by fast neutrons and gamma radiation doping of the molecular structure of the glass. For any concentration of radioactive material to do this to the glass, it would have to be in a high enough concentration to sustain partial fission of the material, at the very least. There are a few known natural nuclear reactors which could alter the glass, but the heat to vitrify the glass is another problem. It has to be done quickly, and cooled quickly, to allow the glass to form its amorphous xtalline structure.

The only other way to do it is to subject the soil to intense radiation and very high heat for a short period. Like in a nuclear weapon.

Did it happen in the past??......maybe. Who knows.

Radioactive meteorite.......to the extent that it altered the glass fused in the impact. Very highly unlikely.....why??

more unlikely than a nuclear bomb used by the ancient indians:)

Why?

However that's not to say that it can't be natural.....and an asteroid impact could still cause the glass to go blue-green if it hit the right strata/rocks. Strata that contains higher than normal concentrations of Uranium (Lanthanide)series elements. The force of the impact, might, after the whole shebang died down allow radioactive minerals to concentrate in high enough quantities to form an area of higher than normal radioactivity.

What sends the glass the colour it is, is radiation damage caused by fast neutrons and gamma radiation doping of the molecular structure of the glass. For any concentration of radioactive material to do this to the glass, it would have to be in a high enough concentration to sustain partial fission of the material, at the very least. There are a few known natural nuclear reactors which could alter the glass, but the heat to vitrify the glass is another problem. It has to be done quickly, and cooled quickly, to allow the glass to form its amorphous xtalline structure.

Huh? tongue.gif

What's the "huh??" for??.......didn't you understand what I wrote there.