Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts are phoning friends

Blackwhite

GHOSTS are trying to make contact with living friends using mobile phones, a paranormal expert claims.

The number of mystery calls to mobiles attributed to spooks has rocketed by 43 per cent in the last four years, a study found.

Spectre investigator Phil Hayes from Paranormal Research UK believes a third of all hauntings are now through mobile phones.

New research also shows that an incredible one in three Brits claim to have seen an apparition in a photo or captured paranormal footage on their mobile

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3192411/Ghosts-are-phoning-friends.html

Edited by Blackwhite
  • Like 1

To me I just think people are playing some pranks.

1:3 Brits. I guess I'm not one of them then.

Unless the creepy idiots who keep phoning me and calling me Jahvid are Ghosts! :o

The Sun = Fail. IMHO!

• Like 1

Ha! Ridiculous.

"There is evidence to suggest that ghosts can use phones to communicate"

So dumb.

• Like 2

GHOSTS are trying to make contact with living friends using mobile phones, a paranormal expert claims.

The number of mystery calls to mobiles attributed to spooks has rocketed by 43 per cent in the last four years, a study found.

Spectre investigator Phil Hayes from Paranormal Research UK believes a third of all hauntings are now through mobile phones.

New research also shows that an incredible one in three Brits claim to have seen an apparition in a photo or captured paranormal footage on their mobile

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3192411/Ghosts-are-phoning-friends.html

and this is proven how?

a third of all hauntings, you say?

you'd have to know how many hauntings actually take place before you could make such a claim. and anyway, duh how stupid. oh i see it came from The Sun.

:mellow: that explains it.

• Like 1

With all the improvements in technology over the last 50 yrs and we still can't prove ghosts exist, yet this person believes that ghost are now using mobile phones? RIIIGGGHHTTT. Wonder what kind of phone they use, blackberry, or I know its got to be the Iphone.

Mike

I seem to recall that EVP research indicated otherwise... I suggest the use of the keypad lock would reduce the number of mystery calls.

1 in 3 Brits claims to have seen or recorded apparition/the paranormal? Claiming and blogging a sighting is one thing; a sighting as a verified event after due investigation is another matter entirely.

Edited by Shadow_Wolf
  • Like 1

I seem to recall that EVP research indicated otherwise... I suggest the use of the keypad lock would reduce the number of mystery calls.

1 in 3 Brits claims to have seen or recorded apparition/the paranormal? Claiming and blogging a sighting is one thing; a sighting as a verified event after due investigation is another matter entirely.

no offense, but your avatar gives me a headache dude

Yeah Rigghhtt... That is completely Mad!!!!! A ghost using mobile phones? ...Hah

Where would they even get the Phones from? Maybe they just go in a shop and say I'd like to have a GhostPad please, yes the new edition...Yes I want to call my mother...Yes she died in 1985...Oh u say we can't call them like that? Pity...I'll just cal my daughter then...Money? What do u think I am?... Yeah call the polize whatever... here is ur 100 ghostars.

Or

*muffeld voice* Hello darling...Yes it's me...No no don't cry I am alghost...What!? U say I stink? Get lost...

:no: Men What is this world coming to? They continue say thinks which...Well u know...Nowdays they say dogs don't even use their smell to recognize people...Now ghost? tztztz :gun: Lol is a good story though LMAO :lol:

You wont believe it until it has happend to you too on a personal level. I too have had messages left from numbers I know that made no sence soon the time it was recorded too what was left on it. I still have one recorded on my voicemail.

It is people like this who give a bad name to "Paranormal Investigators". If he wants to be respected or treated as a professional, then I suggest he not put info out there like this without solid proof or statistics. There is no possible way to prove that these numbers can be or are attributed to spirit communication. Seems like he is a spy trying to sabotage this field of work. What a loser. I think this one goes right up there with the radio channel scanner they used on Ghost Adventures. The one that scans radio stations or frequencies with the thought that spirits can comunnicate through it. In the latter case, there is to much chatter on the airwaves that could make it seem like info is coming through, but it can not be proven. Whereas, devices like the phonetic data base tools are more believable, as there is no noise or clatter, and the info is feasably possible. Please excuse any spelling errors, it is too early for me, lol.

Whereas, devices like the phonetic data base tools are more believable, as there is no noise or clatter, and the info is feasably possible.

Wait a second, there.

Am I thinking of the same thing here? Devices like the Ovilus or "puck"?

These things are essentially an EMF detector wired to a processer that mathematically produces preset responses. If that were to work, not only would the makers of this device need to have a vast knowledge of the natural interactions of EMF, but so would the ghost. There's no EMF Rosetta stone. (This goes beyond the fact that most paranormal investigators are grossly mistaken about EMFs, what they are, how they're created, and how to measure them PLUS the fact that there is no known relation between them and spirits.)

Not to mention, the users manual clearly states (for the ovilus) that it is intended for entertainment only!

Where would they even get the Phones from? Phones4uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu - while wearing a white sheet and waving arms around :rolleyes:

It's not bad enough that we have to deal with automated recorded messages from politicians and corporations? Now the undead? I suppose it was just a matter of time.

"Statistics show two thirds of all paranormal phenomena feature sounds, with just 20 per cent being actual sightings of ghosts and 15 per cent based on smell." Smell? How do you smell a ghost?

What kind of phone do these ghost use, a BooBerry?

That was a damn good cereal. I wish they still had it around.

I saw it in stores yesterday!

Really? Where?

Maybe I should have added... "in my area." I've only seen Franken berry and Count Chocula. Then again, with it being Halloween time, I'm sure the stores have it. I'll ask my sister to find some, that way I can have it when I get home, in 7 weeks.

LOL how stupid. There are several reasons you get weird calls, the majority is chalked up to bad trunks, out of range issues or barely within range, tower switching problems, heck even spider webs in telephone boxes can wreak havoc with phone lines. I'd sayperhaps maybe 2 percent could be paranormal in origin, not 43 percent.

This is silly. Either ghosts would have to be physically using cell phones or broadcasting their messages via microwaves to cell- satellites

A friend ou ours lost their son at age 17. Although his name was never on their phone billing records, sometimes when they would call us from their home number the caller ID would display his name. Happened mostly when they were calling to say they were coming over.

i think its plausible that every one that died talking or texting while driving might haunt the same way later :alien: