Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Photos IDF soldiers humiliating Palestinians

acidhead

http://alethonews.wordpress.com/2010/10/25/new-photos-of-israeli-soldiers-humiliating-palestinian-detainees-disclosed/

October 25, 2010

Israeli troops have abused Palestinian detainees during the 2008-2009 attack on the Gaza Strip, new photos released by a rights group show.

The photos were published on Monday by Breaking the Silence, an Israeli group of veteran combat soldiers who collect testimonies and photos of troops who have served in the occupied territories.

-Israeli soldier sprays "we'll be back" inside Palestinian home.

460_0___10000000_0_0_0_0_0_soldier_graffiti.jpg

-picture shows a soldier pointing his assault rifle at the face of a blindfolded Palestinian detainee.

460_0___10000000_0_0_0_0_0_soldiers_pose.jpg

-Other images show soldiers smiling and posing inside what appears to be Palestinian homes and in one picture a woman in a headscarf is cooking at a stove.

460_0___10000000_0_0_0_0_0_soldier_woman.jpg

Yehuda Shaul, a founding member of Breaking the Silence, said the group has received dozens of similar pictures that point to a widespread phenomenon.

“It’s the norm in the Israeli military and it’s a direct consequence of being in a place where you control and rule civilians on a daily basis,” he said.

“You become corrupt, and you are not able any more to see them as human beings like you,” he added.

-Blindfolded and bound Palestinian girl on her knees with four Israeli soldiers pointing their guns and laughing provocatively

datafiles_cache_tempimgs_2010_2_images_news_2010_10_25_photos-crime_300_0.jpg

The Israeli military would not immediately comment on the photos.

The Israeli military launched a deadly assault on the beleaguered Gaza Strip at the turn of 2009, killing at least 1,400 Palestinians, most of them women and children.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acidhead

• danielost

• William Rea

• Winterchronic

Top Posters In This Topic

question how come the isreali soldiers are blocked out but not the palistinians. if those were my photos i would do it the other way round to protect the palistinians.

besides we americans believe in innocent until proven guilty. i guess canadians dont.

Edited by danielost

It's what happens to any people made to operate in a warzone, to varying degrees.

its sickening and sad and nowhere near the worst of it I suspect...

BBC news ran a story awhile back, showing t-shirts that were popular with IDF soldiers...

the shirt showed a pregnant palestinian woman in a crosshair,

and the caption "one bullet, two kills"

this sort of dehumanizing attitude is common in all conflicts,

some anti-semites use it as fuel, like its a jewish trait....

happens everywhere.... :no:

Edited by Winterchronic

question how come the isreali soldiers are blocked out but not the palistinians. if those were my photos i would do it the other way round to protect the palistinians.

besides we americans believe in innocent until proven guilty. i guess canadians dont.

The photos were posted by an israeli soldier on his facebook page.

from your source

Yehuda Shaul, a founding member of Breaking the Silence, said the group has received dozens of similar pictures that point to a widespread phenomenon.

“It’s the norm in the Israeli military and it’s a direct consequence of being in a place where you control and rule civilians on a daily basis,” he said.

“You become corrupt, and you are not able any more to see them as human beings like you,” he added.

if the photos are real and there seems to be a little doubt about it in your source. then they will be punished. i mean if their going to punish troops for danceing i am sure this will get action too.

That might be because the Palestinians in the pictures are either blindfoled or have headscarfs on. D'oh.

It's what happens to any people made to operate in a warzone, to varying degrees.

its sickening and sad and nowhere near the worst of it I suspect...

BBC news ran a story awhile back, showing t-shirts that were popular with IDF soldiers...

the shirt showed a pregnant palestinian woman in a crosshair,

and the caption "one bullet, two kills"

this sort of dehumanizing attitude is common in all conflicts,

some anti-semites use it as fuel, like its a jewish trait....

happens everywhere.... :no:

Agreed, it is a military problem worldwide and just like any other country, Israel has the problem as well.