Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'US troops beheaded Iraqi detainee'-wikileaks

acidhead

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:31PM

The following is the body of the original document: http://wikileaks.org/id/9144F69E-423D-4561-52BC3A74A67A6F2F/

(CRIMINAL EVENT) MURDER RPT HADITHA SWAT : ___ UE KIA

2009-05-25 18:00:00 Expand acronyms:

AAA MISSION/OPERATION: IRAQI FREEDOM ___ / CJSOTF-AP

___ WHO: MAJOR (___ SWAT CDR)

___ WHAT: ALLEGEDLY TRANSFERRED A HADITHA SWAT PRISONER TO FACILITATE ___. (MNC- )

___ WHERE: ___, HADITHAH DISTRICT IP STATION

___ WHEN: 26MAY2009

___ WHY: MAJ (___ CDR) HAD PERSONAL GRIEVANCES WITH THE PRISONER.

___ DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF EVENT: ON 25MAY09, MAJOR ___ (SWAT CDR) AND COL (___) TOLD -___ LEADERSHIP THAT THEY WERE GOING TO DELIVER TWO DETAINEES TO ___ IN THE NORTH BECAUSE THERE WAS MORE INCRIMINATING EVIDENCE ON THE TWO DETAINEES IN ___ THAN IN HADITHAH. WHILE ___ NORTH, MAJ ___ HIS CONVOY TO PULL OVER AND TRANSFER THE TWO DETAINEES TO HIS UNCLE AND FOUR BROTHERS. ACCORDING TO COL , ___ IP FOUND ONE OF THE DETAINEES DECAPITATED AND THE OTHER WAS RELEASED BY MAJ ' ___ MEMBERS. MAJ ___ CURRENTLY IN IP CUSTODY.

OVER A YEAR AGO MAJ ___ RELIEVED AS HADITHAH SWAT CDR DUE TO HIS ALLEGED INVOLVEMENT IN THE RAPING OF A FEMALE LOCAL NATIONAL. THE BEHEADED DETAINEE IS REPORTED TO BE THE BROTHER OF THE RAPED FEMALE WHO ALLEGEDLY KILLED MAJ ' ___ IN RETALIATION FOR THE RAPING OF HIS ___.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/148265.html

American forces decapitated an Iraqi last year on the order of their higher-up, show recently-exposed US military documents.

The troops operated under the command of an unnamed US major, who had been involved in the rape of an Iraqi female, showed one such document posted on the whistleblower website WikiLeaks.

The incident took place after the victim, the brother of the raped female, reportedly killed a military official in reprisal for the indecent assault.

To enable the May incident in the city of Haditha of the western Iraq province of Al Anbar, the major said he was undertaking the transfer of two prisoners, including the victim.

Edited by acidhead

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acidhead

• Thanato

• Corp

• questionmark

That's what they do to Americans don't they? Probably going to be a giant uproar because you're not allowed to do it back.

That's what they do to Americans don't they? Probably going to be a giant uproar because you're not allowed to do it back.

Madness.

Yeah and I guess we should cut the hands off theives, and rape rapists in our own country as well?

In fact, why doesn't the whole world just revert back to the barabaristic ways of the Old World? I wonder.. :no:

I'll let you think about why they do not, then you still have just under an our to edit your post...

Madness.

Yeah and I guess we should cut the hands off theives, and rape rapists in our own country as well?

In fact, why doesn't the whole world just revert back to the barabaristic ways of the Old World? I wonder.. :no:

I'll let you think about why they do not, then you still have just under an our to edit your post...

Why should he edit his post? Isn't he entitled to his own views? In a way he states how many people feel about the goings on over in the middle east. Not myself, I would have nuked the entire country into glass, which I'm sure is another opinion you don't agree with. However, whether or not you agree with me, I will never tell you to edit what you say, that's just rude.

Why should he edit his post? Isn't he entitled to his own views? In a way he states how many people feel about the goings on over in the middle east. Not myself, I would have nuked the entire country into glass, which I'm sure is another opinion you don't agree with. However, whether or not you agree with me, I will never tell you to edit what you say, that's just rude.

madness

madness

Not madness, just my opinion. Unlike politicians, I stand by the words, "We don't negotiate with terrorists."

Although, I think it's funny that out of that entire statement, you chose to zero in on that one sentence. Completely missing the point that I was trying to make.

Not madness, just my opinion. Unlike politicians, I stand by the words, "We don't negotiate with terrorists."

Although, I think it's funny that out of that entire statement, you chose to zero in on that one sentence. Completely missing the point that I was trying to make.

complete madness...

-nuking an entire nation

or,

Am I still missing the point you were making?

Sounds like an Iraqi Military Major ordered it. And Iraqi Troops, not Americans. Since the yanks wouldn't go under the custody of Iraqi Police. Also when do US Majors hand prisoners over to their Uncles and Brothers?

~Thanato

Madness.

There is the way the government likes people to think a war is fought and then there is the way it is actually fought.

Hearts and Minds doesnt work. The only way your enemy gains respect for you is if you do back to it what it did to you. However it has to be doen behind closed doors otherwise the do gooders create uproar.

I think the leak should have been stopped.

There is the way the government likes people to think a war is fought and then there is the way it is actually fought.

Hearts and Minds doesnt work. The only way your enemy gains respect for you is if you do back to it what it did to you. However it has to be doen behind closed doors otherwise the do gooders create uproar.

That is not respect, that is fear. They are not the same.

But, yeah, you do have a good point. War is ugly. People do brutal, unfathomable things to each other.

Julian Assange was on Larry King last night. It may be on YouTube now. Interesting interview. His claim is that he never released any names on any of the documents and all that is prpaganda by the pentagon. He was talking about some of the things that were in the documents like above. One incident he talked about was a little girl in a yellow dress just walking down the road and being hit by a shell from a tank and killed. Sad and scarey.

Julian Assange was on Larry King last night. It may be on YouTube now. Interesting interview. His claim is that he never released any names on any of the documents and all that is prpaganda by the pentagon. He was talking about some of the things that were in the documents like above. One incident he talked about was a little girl in a yellow dress just walking down the road and being hit by a shell from a tank and killed. Sad and scarey.

In a war things like that happen, any war. And while making a good propaganda clip it is not as shocking as wantonly violating human rights they are supposed to protect.

We are not them ! The far right cant go around screaming about the untied states being the best and then try justify our evil acts by say well they do it too.

I think the leak should have been stopped.

Not wanting American troops cutting someone head off is being a " do gooders " ? Wow

Sorry, acidhead, but there have been NO coalition officers in charge of any SWAT units in Iraq or Afghanistan... they were all locals. This victim was in the custody of a LOCAL, and then murdered, the leaked document details the circumstances of the alleged crime. The coalition didn't do anything wrong, and actually arrested the guy that was in charge of the operation.

Where's the parity and truth? Would you like to make more unfounded accusations?

On a semi-related note, I am appalled at the hubris of WikiLeaks. They said that all identifying info was stripped from these documents. From the quote above, if you have any knowledge of the hierarchy in Haditha at the time, you know EXACTLY who was involved - you can ID the victim, and from there, you can ID the father and brothers.

Ooh, good job at protecting the folks involved, WikiLeaks... (/sarcasm)

This statement is unbelievable.

Wikileaks has asked the american government for help to protect peoples ID. They declined.

Some of these responses are the most arrogant and ignorant things I have ever read. Man, wtf is really going on there? Soldiers killing civilians for sport, now this. Jesus H Christ this makes me disgusted to call myself an american. Everyday I find a new reason to despise my current government. Blacksabbath, did you parents never teach you that two wrongs don't make a right? FFS. There is absolutely no justification for this at all. As someone said before on this forum, we either be the lighthouse of morality in the world, or we stop pretending. We are no better than the people we are fighting. Infact, we are more despicable.

The Americans had been protecting people by keeping their involvement a secret. If documents are published with those names on them then it is the people putting out the documents that are to blame for any harm that comes to them.

The Americans had been protecting people by keeping their involvement a secret. If documents are published with those names on them then it is the people putting out the documents that are to blame for any harm that comes to them.

Yes let's shoot the messenger, or the person reporting the criminals. Remember it's war time. Bad things happen. How many times have I read this on thsi forum.

Don't do despicable acts and people won't be p***ed and retaliate against you. Simple as that. America can't just do whatever it wants and **** the consequences. These people need to meet justice. I hope they get what is coming to them.

We don't negotiate with terrorist, we just become terrorists ourselves. Decapitating an enemy combatant is an act of terrorism. It is an act to strike terror into the minds of Iraqi civilians.

Also, they hate us for our freedom *sarcasm*

Don't do despicable acts and people won't be p***ed and retaliate against you. Simple as that. America can't just do whatever it wants and **** the consequences. These people need to meet justice. I hope they get what is coming to them.

We don't negotiate with terrorist, we just become terrorists ourselves. Decapitating an enemy combatant is an act of terrorism. It is an act to strike terror into the minds of Iraqi civilians.

Also, they hate us for our freedom *sarcasm*

If you read what Questionmark put as the 'Americans beheading Iraqis' it is very clear that no Americans were involved and it was in fact local authorities that beheaded the Iraqi and they were dealt with by other local authorities.

~Thanato

twice nuked sounds good to me.

If you read what Questionmark put as the 'Americans beheading Iraqis' it is very clear that no Americans were involved and it was in fact local authorities that beheaded the Iraqi and they were dealt with by other local authorities.

~Thanato

I did what?