Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'US troops beheaded Iraqi detainee'-wikileaks

acidhead

Wikileaks has asked the american government for help to protect peoples ID. They declined.

Some of these responses are the most arrogant and ignorant things I have ever read. Man, wtf is really going on there? Soldiers killing civilians for sport, now this. Jesus H Christ this makes me disgusted to call myself an american. Everyday I find a new reason to despise my current government. Blacksabbath, did you parents never teach you that two wrongs don't make a right? FFS. There is absolutely no justification for this at all. As someone said before on this forum, we either be the lighthouse of morality in the world, or we stop pretending. We are no better than the people we are fighting. Infact, we are more despicable.

How many times I have heard 'I'm disgusted to call myself an American".Your hate is in the wrong place,Hate the person who commeted the crime not the country.But if you do hate America.Get the F out,we don't either need you or want you.Its ok to despise our government,don't like them then get to voting them out of office,sure all canidates suck like a hoover,and putting or voting one into office is close to sin itself,but what ya gonna do? but don't get disqusted with yourself for some other ignorant,crazy,stupid or just plain moronic person did,Heck those people kill American at the drop of a rock and then have a parade .But I think the law should be " AN EYE for AN EYE".

If you read what Questionmark put as the 'Americans beheading Iraqis' it is very clear that no Americans were involved and it was in fact local authorities that beheaded the Iraqi and they were dealt with by other local authorities.

~Thanato

So SO true.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acidhead

• Thanato

• Corp

• questionmark

Yes let's shoot the messenger, or the person reporting the criminals. Remember it's war time. Bad things happen. How many times have I read this on thsi forum.

How is naming informats and locals who have worked with NATO reporting on criminals? How does ignoring security protocal to putting the lives of whole families at risk help anything? That's what I was replying to, not the documents as a whole.

How many times I have heard 'I'm disgusted to call myself an American".Your hate is in the wrong place,Hate the person who commeted the crime not the country.But if you do hate America.Get the F out,we don't either need you or want you.Its ok to despise our government,don't like them then get to voting them out of office,sure all canidates suck like a hoover,and putting or voting one into office is close to sin itself,but what ya gonna do? but don't get disqusted with yourself for some other ignorant,crazy,stupid or just plain moronic person did,Heck those people kill American at the drop of a rock and then have a parade .But I think the law should be " AN EYE for AN EYE".

So SO true.

Why would anyone say that. I am never disgusted to be an American. Everyday I am disgusted to admit some other people are Americans too.

Why would anyone say that. I am never disgusted to be an American. Everyday I am disgusted to admit some other people are Americans too.

:yes::tu:

Don't tell me to get out. I love my country. But I hate our government. I believe in what our country was founded on. But it seems like our government doesn't. I say I'm disgusted to call myself an american because these horrendous acts will be perceived as american acts across the world and reflect on me, an american citizen. My country embarrasses me.

Robert Heinlein: REVOLT IN 2100.

(if there was a way to provide better bibs on this grand fella's art, I would do it. I am rereading the book)

http://www.quotableheinlein.com/

The man who condones the sin because he enjoys the results of the sin is equally guilty of the sin.

I think perhaps of all the things a police state can do to its citizens, distorting history is the most pernicious.

…Secrecy is the keystone of all tyranny. Not force, but secrecy… censorship. When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, “This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know,” the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy its motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked: contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything – you can’t conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.

Edited by regeneratia

Sorry mate, meant Acid... got off a long day of work in the Desert country.

~Thanato

No harm done, and while I post many things nobody really wants to know (which is the purpose of posting them), I don't fall for simple propaganda tricks as the OP.

Sounds like an Iraqi Military Major ordered it. And Iraqi Troops, not Americans. Since the yanks wouldn't go under the custody of Iraqi Police. Also when do US Majors hand prisoners over to their Uncles and Brothers?

~Thanato

Thank you! I was wondering if someone else noticed that as well as I.

If you read what Questionmark put as the 'Americans beheading Iraqis' it is very clear that no Americans were involved and it was in fact local authorities that beheaded the Iraqi and they were dealt with by other local authorities.

~Thanato

What you're saying makes perfect sense, I think this has become more of a "trolling" (is that the correct term?) thread than anything. I know that some American soldiers are second, third, even forth generation military, but you don't often hear of them reporting to, or exchanging prisoners with their father or uncle.

I think that the point of most of the leaks wasn't that the American military has commited atrocities but that they had knowledge that these type of incidents were occuring and (although I am not familiar with this story in particular) were slow to intervene or did not intervene at all. Still not cool, but a far cry from lopping heads off.

Do G.I's still carry swords?

The following is the body of the original document. http://wikileaks.org/id/9144F69E-423D-4561-52BC3A74A67A6F2F/

___ DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF EVENT: ON 25MAY09, MAJOR ___ (SWAT CDR) AND COL (___) TOLD -___ LEADERSHIP THAT THEY WERE GOING TO DELIVER TWO DETAINEES TO ___ IN THE NORTH BECAUSE THERE WAS MORE INCRIMINATING EVIDENCE ON THE TWO DETAINEES IN ___ THAN IN HADITHAH. WHILE ___ NORTH, MAJ ___ HIS CONVOY TO PULL OVER AND TRANSFER THE TWO DETAINEES TO HIS UNCLE AND FOUR BROTHERS. ACCORDING TO COL , ___ IP FOUND ONE OF THE DETAINEES DECAPITATED AND THE OTHER WAS RELEASED BY MAJ ' ___ MEMBERS. MAJ ___ CURRENTLY IN IP CUSTODY.

OVER A YEAR AGO MAJ ___ RELIEVED AS HADITHAH SWAT CDR DUE TO HIS ALLEGED INVOLVEMENT IN THE RAPING OF A FEMALE LOCAL NATIONAL. THE BEHEADED DETAINEE IS REPORTED TO BE THE BROTHER OF THE RAPED FEMALE WHO ALLEGEDLY KILLED MAJ ' ___ IN RETALIATION FOR THE RAPING OF HIS ___.

What you're saying makes perfect sense, I think this has become more of a "trolling" (is that the correct term?) thread than anything. I know that some American soldiers are second, third, even forth generation military, but you don't often hear of them reporting to, or exchanging prisoners with their father or uncle.

I think that the point of most of the leaks wasn't that the American military has commited atrocities but that they had knowledge that these type of incidents were occuring and (although I am not familiar with this story in particular) were slow to intervene or did not intervene at all. Still not cool, but a far cry from lopping heads off.

Do G.I's still carry swords?

This goes way beyond trolling. It is clear subterfuge. I'm not even sure why it is still here. I have seen many threads that were much more benign closed, deleted or "locked" away. Isn't there something in the "rules" about this sort of deceitful posting?

The fact that some thought it to be true is freaking pathetic. :angry:

The following is the body of the original document. http://wikileaks.org/id/9144F69E-423D-4561-52BC3A74A67A6F2F/

___ DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF EVENT: ON 25MAY09, MAJOR ___ (SWAT CDR) AND COL (___) TOLD -___ LEADERSHIP THAT THEY WERE GOING TO DELIVER TWO DETAINEES TO ___ IN THE NORTH BECAUSE THERE WAS MORE INCRIMINATING EVIDENCE ON THE TWO DETAINEES IN ___ THAN IN HADITHAH. WHILE ___ NORTH, MAJ ___ HIS CONVOY TO PULL OVER AND TRANSFER THE TWO DETAINEES TO HIS UNCLE AND FOUR BROTHERS. ACCORDING TO COL , ___ IP FOUND ONE OF THE DETAINEES DECAPITATED AND THE OTHER WAS RELEASED BY MAJ ' ___ MEMBERS. MAJ ___ CURRENTLY IN IP CUSTODY.

OVER A YEAR AGO MAJ ___ RELIEVED AS HADITHAH SWAT CDR DUE TO HIS ALLEGED INVOLVEMENT IN THE RAPING OF A FEMALE LOCAL NATIONAL. THE BEHEADED DETAINEE IS REPORTED TO BE THE BROTHER OF THE RAPED FEMALE WHO ALLEGEDLY KILLED MAJ ' ___ IN RETALIATION FOR THE RAPING OF HIS ___.

So that actually proves that it was Locals doing it an not the Coalition.

~Thanato

So that actually proves that it was Locals doing it an not the Coalition.

~Thanato

no it doesnt... read it again.

its obvious its been edited.... chopped up.... the exact translation is unknown.

The following is the body of the original document. http://wikileaks.org...BC3A74A67A6F2F/

I read once or twice that if it wasn't for the media reporting during the Vietnam war and the general populace never new what was going on over there that America may have won the war. What does that say about a media block when it comes to war. Vietnam was a false flag where atrocities happened exposed by the media. Make war secret and we become as guilty as those committing the atrocities.

Iraq was and is under US control so what happens on there watch comes down to who is on watch and that would be who in Iraq?

I read once or twice that if it wasn't for the media reporting during the Vietnam war and the general populace never new what was going on over there that America may have won the war. What does that say about a media block when it comes to war. Vietnam was a false flag where atrocities happened exposed by the media. Make war secret and we become as guilty as those committing the atrocities.

Iraq was and is under US control so what happens on there watch comes down to who is on watch and that would be who in Iraq?

you are al qaeda. my friend.... lol

Iraq was and is a sovereign nation. It's the Iraqi government's job to investigate and punish their people's abuse of detainees.

no it doesnt... read it again.

its obvious its been edited.... chopped up.... the exact translation is unknown.

The following is the body of the original document. http://wikileaks.org...BC3A74A67A6F2F/

The only thing that I can see being removed from this is the Names of the individuals involved. It reads like a Military report.

It wasnt Yanks that killed the guy it was ISF

~Thanato

The only thing that I can see being removed from this is the Names of the individuals involved. It reads like a Military report.

~Thanato

Okay......

What does the following say?

MAJ ___ CURRENTLY IN IP CUSTODY.

Why is the MAJ in CUSTODY?

Okay......

What does the following say?

Why is the MAJ in CUSTODY?

Major is an Iraqi Security Forces officer rank, and IP stands for Iraqi Police. An american Major would not be handed over to the Iraqi Police, he would be delt with by the US Military Police. Local Iraqi Authorities would be held in Custody of the IP, not Americans. That sentence is one of the strangest pieces of evidence in that that shows it was Iraqis not Americans that did the crime at hand.

~Thanato

Why is the MAJ in CUSTODY?.... was the question.

~Thanato

Major is an Iraqi Security Forces officer rank, and IP stands for Iraqi Police. An american Major would not be handed over to the Iraqi Police, he would be delt with by the US Military Police. Local Iraqi Authorities would be held in Custody of the IP, not Americans. That sentence is one of the strangest pieces of evidence in that that shows it was Iraqis not Americans that did the crime at hand.

~Thanato

"The only thing that I can see being removed from this is the Names of the individuals involved."...?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

"It reads like a Military report."....?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

What?!?!??!

Edited by acidhead

Why is the MAJ in CUSTODY?.... was the question.

"The only thing that I can see being removed from this is the Names of the individuals involved."...?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

"It reads like a Military report."....?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

What?!?!??!

It is quite clear as to why the Major is in Custody. He was incharge of the prisoner who was killed.

And for the rest, the names are removed because it could compromise that individuals security and the last part of what you quoted is fairly self explanitory. Stop trying to jump around the issue, you to blame so US troops that didnt involve US troops.

~Thanato