Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chaplin's time traveler

UM-Bot

We will never know what to come of what was seen over 80 years ago...and the risk of uncovered fakery is possible. Time travelers should avoid detection and never interfere with the historic time line, or the outcome of the present is radically different. The woman in the fur coat is communicating to another time traveler, like on the movie Time Cop, except the movie was incorrect on the scientific fact is you can travel forward (getting past the speed of light in space) not backward in time.

Why the assumption of a cellphone? how about an aliens communication device talking to the mothership? That would explain the big feet.

:lol: aww ***k you guys are gonna kill me one day.

seriously though, backwards time travel is the only reasonable explanation ^_^

Here's an idea - produce a film today with something not yet invented but clearly on display and cause a stir in 2084.. a Motorola hover phone for example.

zed of thinkAhead corepoorasian

Edited by zednuts

Sir Charles Spencer Chaplin, a.k.a. Charlie Chaplin was an English comic actor and film director of the silent film era. He used mime time, slapstick and other visual comedy routines.

:tu:

Hey Paranormalcy I thought you might like to know that crystal radios were small and in use at that time."Crystal detectors were developed and applied to radio receivers between 1894 and 1906". You can read more about it in Wikipedia if you like, have a nice day.

She was the Great-Grandmother of the "Can you hear me now?" cell-phone technician guy in the ads. She was walking around saying "can you hear me now?" for years and no one ever knew why... it all makes sense now.

Nice! :lol:

considering that we do not have a device that travel in time, it could not be from someone from this time period. So if she is a time traveller, it would be highly unlikely to be a cellphone. Beside cellphone would not work at that time because there were on cellphone tower to receive the signal.

Well, whatever she was holding, it could not be a cellphone.

Too much wrong with this to be right. Most of the flaws have already been pointed out already. Just seems to be clever marketing to me.

Off topic but is there anymore of this floating around? Time Travel stuff I mean, I've seen the picture of that guy at the bridge opening but does anyone know of any other "evidence"?

Too much wrong with this to be right. Most of the flaws have already been pointed out already. Just seems to be clever marketing to me.

Off topic but is there anymore of this floating around? Time Travel stuff I mean, I've seen the picture of that guy at the bridge opening but does anyone know of any other "evidence"?

theres sorry if u heard of these, the one dude john titor and andrew carlssin. not sure its evidence, but its an entertaining read. google them.

theres sorry if u heard of these, the one dude john titor and andrew carlssin. not sure its evidence, but its an entertaining read. google them.

Hi Lost Souls,

Unfortunately the John Titor story has been thoroughly exposed as a pretty shallow internet hoax as has the Andrew Carlssin story which, according to snopes, was made up by the weekly world news as a story and is just an urban legend.

Time travel is a fascinating subject though.

cheers,

zedNuts

it also doesn't have to have a cell network, cuz its from the future, it could just be a casual time traveler vacationing, and going back in time to be in a movie. Their signal mightve came from different universes and stuff :/

Hi Lost Souls,

Unfortunately the John Titor story has been thoroughly exposed as a pretty shallow internet hoax as has the Andrew Carlssin story which, according to snopes, was made up by the weekly world news as a story and is just an urban legend.

cheers,

zedNuts

lol yup i knew that :P he asked though

it also doesn't have to have a cell network, cuz its from the future, it could just be a casual time traveler vacationing, and going back in time to be in a movie. Their signal mightve came from different universes and stuff :/

I think its a woman suffering from an auditory hallucination back then. The reason she put her hands on her ear is to further talk or hear the auditory hallucinations.... I have seen people like this walking around in an Institution....

Edited by arjhay

Hi Lost Souls,

cheers,

zedNuts

I was hoping that your exposed link was going to be a thorough internet debunking by people who found out just who he was or something. Imagine my disappointment when it just turned out to be more metaphysical dribble sort of like the book 'The Secret'. Is there nobody who has been able to figure out who John Titor really was yet? Just sayin', I wouldn't consider that link to even expose him let alone thoroughly expose him. Any other, better links?

• 1 month later...

dont know?? theres something quite creepy about this clip....something just doesnt feel right. Even if theres a logical explaination for it,it feels odd.

• 10 months later...

Just got done reading the forums. I've got something I didn't read at all. Firstly I see absolutely nothing in the hand of the individual. The "explanation" video talks about shadows. Look where the sun is coming from. I see an old lady with arthritis trying to keep the sun out of her eyes. The cell phone theory is absolutely stupid. To me the director was more just putting his names and the pitch in the beginning? Come on. Nothing interesting at all.

Just got done reading the forums. I've got something I didn't read at all. Firstly I see absolutely nothing in the hand of the individual. The "explanation" video talks about shadows. Look where the sun is coming from. I see an old lady with arthritis trying to keep the sun out of her eyes. The cell phone theory is absolutely stupid. To me the director was more just putting his names and the pitch in the beginning? Come on. Nothing interesting at all.

Did travel from 1 year in the past to our present time to answer this topic?

128691790641121004.jpg