Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Photograph Of Male Werewolf On Hindlegs,1997

NatureBoff

This thread has been colorful with some light hearted humor. Nothing wrong with that, the op doesn't seem to mind. Though Humblemun has endured an assault of riducule for presenting his beliefs. I must say that I for one believe there is a non transforming species that the Hollywood hogwash is based on. Not a werewolf, but the creature the legend is based on, the hyrax. I also agree with Humblemun when he says it is just a matter of time before there is solid irrefutable evidence to validate its existance. I question whether a good video or snapshot would provide sufficient proof. A recent cadaver may do, but it would problably have to be a live capture to convince some.

Don't know a thing about the photographer that took the picture in question or his credibility, but I put his picture to a personal test:

Not explaining my intentions, I showed my wife this picture. She freaked out a bit. She stated that the creature in the picture is what she had saw back in May. It was 6 or 7 feet tall, standing on two legs. Though it was at a distance, once she gazed upon it, it was like the creature became aware of being detected. It took off running on two legs, then down onto four legs and then leaped out of sight. BTW, she had never even heard of Dog Soldiers so there was no mental association with the creature's stance.

Is that for every made up mythological/folklore type of creature?

Does it include elves, gremelins and eskimos?

And, so your wife saw a person standing up too?

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NatureBoff

• Agent. Mulder

• Coffey

• Meridianite

Thanks for your support and vote of confidence Meridianite. I'm going to try and find the email address of the Dartmoor hawker who saw the 'beast' and show him the photo of the basking hyrax and see what he thinks..

His second email was this:
Fair enough, but I'm quite happy to stick with my view that it's definitely Feline

Somewhat of a backtrack from the orginal Fortean Times interview, but quite an understandable position in order to make his life easier, "It keeps bouncing back at me" he said in the first email.

post-94765-0-54186100-1291214680_thumb.j

post-94765-0-67386800-1291214686_thumb.j

fortean_times_1225_7.jpg

I don't know about you guys but I used to hunt wild boar when I was in my early teens and this looks A LOT like a sow right before it hits the ground running. I can even make out the turned up nose. :innocent:

fortean_times_1225_7.jpg

I don't know about you guys but I used to hunt wild boar when I was in my early teens and this looks A LOT like a sow right before it hits the ground running. I can even make out the turned up nose. :innocent:

Agreed. Good call.

Is that for every made up mythological/folklore type of creature?

Does it include elves, gremelins and eskimos?

And, so your wife saw a person standing up too?

Did I mention elves, gremlins or eskimos or do you thrive on being a smart ass?

As for the locals around here, all of us are able to stand, run around on our hands and knees and leap around with no problems. We are real fast at it too. I assume all people can do the same.

Did I mention elves, gremlins or eskimos or do you thrive on being a smart ass?

As for the locals around here, all of us are able to stand, run around on our hands and knees and leap around with no problems. We are real fast at it too. I assume all people can do the same.

Oooh, language. Please.

And obviously you didnt mention them, i did. Did you not read? Im asking if the same made up rules apply for other fictional beings?

People arent very fast on all fours.

Oooh, language. Please.

And obviously you didnt mention them, i did. Did you not read? Im asking if the same made up rules apply for other fictional beings?

People arent very fast on all fours.

What made up rules? I was simply saying that the hyrax will be validated by evidence at some time in the future.

I am making no apologies for reporting a accurate account of a sighting, but perhaps nothing in this world can possibly exist if you haven't personally seen it. I personally don't care what you or anyone else thinks. It happened. I don't need your agreement to validate the experience and your disbelief and ridicule don't make it any less real.

Around here all of us can run on all fours faster than you can ride a bicycle and we can leap abound, even through the treetops, so I guess there is a logical explanation after all. Must have been one of the neighbors in a wolf costume.

What made up rules? I was simply saying that the hyrax will be validated by evidence at some time in the future.

As what? We know the hyrax exists. Thats it. Nothing more.

No hyrax responsible for "werewolf" sightings.

I am making no apologies for reporting a accurate account of a sighting, but perhaps nothing in this world can possibly exist if you haven't personally seen it. I personally don't care what you or anyone else thinks. It happened. I don't need your agreement to validate the experience and your disbelief and ridicule don't make it any less real.

No ones asking you to apologize. I also dont care if you need my blessing to believe in something.

As of right now, its not real. Werewolves arent anyways. But people are, and if were talking about your wife, thats more or less what she saw.

Around here all of us can run on all fours faster than you can ride a bicycle and we can leap abound, even through the treetops, so I guess there is a logical explanation after all. Must have been one of the neighbors in a wolf costume.

"Around here"? Where is "here"?

And no, you cant move faster than a bicycle when youre on all fours. Sorry.

"Around here"? Where is "here"?

And no, you cant move faster than a bicycle when youre on all fours. Sorry.

I guess I should have found and posted a smiley holding a sign that says "SARCASM" but I didn't think it would be necessary.

Edited by Meridianite

I guess I should have found and posted a smiley holding a sign that says "SARCASM" but I didn't think it would be necessary.

It is necessary. I know you havent been on here long, but you should see the junk we'll get.

As what? We know the hyrax exists. Thats it. Nothing more.

No hyrax responsible for "werewolf" sightings.

OK, oversized six to seven feet tall hyrax

As of right now, its not real. Werewolves arent anyways. But people are, and if were talking about your wife, thats more or less what she saw.

I don't recall claiming werewolves were real. People are real, but the person my wife saw must be very proficient at running on all fours and leaping several feet at a time.

/quote]

Edited by Meridianite

How would anyone come to the conclusion, that that vague slightly blurry picture, is a werewolf?

Ridiculous.

Even worse by stating it's a MALE werewolf. Someone has good eyes. LOL!

OK, oversized six to seven feet tall hyrax

That doesnt exist.

I don't recall claiming werewolves were real. People are real, but the person my wife saw must be very proficient at running on all fours and leaping several feet at a time.

Probably was. People can do that. Some well, some not. Not very fast though. But if she only saw it for a split second, it would easily look that way.

She didnt see a werewolf, or a 7 foot tall hyrax that has evolved and avoided all forms of detection in any possible way. We dont even know if it was a hyrax to begin with. Let alone a 7 foot one.

It is necessary. I know you havent been on here long, but you should see the junk we'll get.

I realize that sarcasm is hard to detect in written form. I am just surprised anyone would take the following statement literally. Pleeeze.

Even worse by stating it's a MALE werewolf. Someone has good eyes. LOL!

Yeah no kidding. I have no idea how they came to that conclusion.

That doesnt exist.

Probably was. People can do that. Some well, some not. Not very fast though. But if she only saw it for a split second, it would easily look that way.

She didnt see a werewolf, or a 7 foot tall hyrax that has evolved and avoided all forms of detection in any possible way. We dont even know if it was a hyrax to begin with. Let alone a 7 foot one.

She saw it more than a split second. It was really fast. It traveled 50 foot or so before leaping 15 to 20 feet across a narrow area of the family pond and into the woods. She recognized what she saw as the same as in the photo. But one thing is true, I am not absolutely certain about what it was, but it sure wasn't human.

She saw it more than a split second. It was really fast. It traveled 50 foot or so before leaping 15 to 20 feet across a narrow area of the family pond and into the woods. She recognized what she saw as the same as in the photo. But one thing is true, I am not absolutely certain about what it was, but it sure wasn't human.

Based strictly off her anecdote, which is more or less flawed, due to the fear and anxiety she was facing when she saw this.

As she apparently got scared even looking at a picture later of something totally different (and probably hoaxed).

Based strictly off her anecdote, which is more or less flawed, due to the fear and anxiety she was facing when she saw this.

As she apparently got scared even looking at a picture later of something totally different (and probably hoaxed).

I don't think she was scared at all when she saw the picture. She kind of freaked out when she saw an image she recognized and there was no coaxing on my part. I just said " Take a look at this picture." nothing more. Her response was "Oh hell, that is what I saw at the pond that day". A blurry photograph, but good enough for her to recognize the creature she saw. I guess you would have to see the layout of the pond and the swampy area behind the thin strip of woods the creature dove into to understand it was not a person and it don't fit the description of any of the local known wildlife..and people around here don't run on all fours and leap such distance with ease.

Edited by Meridianite

I don't think she was scared at all when she saw the picture. She kind of freaked out when she saw an image she recognized and there was no coaxing on my part. I just said " Take a look at this picture." nothing more. Her response was "Oh hell, that is what I saw at the pond that day". A blurry photograph, but good enough for her to recognize the creature she saw. I guess you would have to see the layout of the pond and the swampy area behind the thin strip of woods the creature dove into to understand it was not a person and it don't fit the description of any of the local known wildlife..and people around here don't run on all fours and leap such distance with ease.

Go recreate the picture, from what she saw there.

Go recreate the picture, from what she saw there.

Neither one of us are artists, but she did draw a sketch after it happened. There was a similarity between her drawing and the photograph, that is what prompted me to show her the picture, which she recognized. Nothing much more can be added about an event that lasted 5 to 10 seconds. Even if we had a photograph, it would not be the irrefutable evidence needed, unless it was a mighty good picture. Any less quality would be no better than the pic this thread is about.

5-10 seconds, while youre in anxiety, surprise, (possibly shock), confusion aint always that much time really to fully understand what you saw.

5-10 seconds, while youre in anxiety, surprise, (possibly shock), confusion aint always that much time really to fully understand what you saw.

That may be true, but it is plenty of time to eliminate normal rational possiblities. I may have failed to mention that the creature was safely viewed from an open bathroom window, so fear and anxiety are less of a factor. She was a bit bewildered, wondering what she had just witnessed, but not in a state of panic.

She has viewed people at the pond from that point before. My step son and I are 6 foot and she has seen us down there countless times. This thing was at least as tall or taller, hence the determination of being 6 to 7 feet tall.

I am normally rather frustrated by your precocious nature but this actually made me laugh. :tu:

That may be true, but it is plenty of time to eliminate normal rational possiblities. I may have failed to mention that the creature was safely viewed from an open bathroom window, so fear and anxiety are less of a factor. She was a bit bewildered, wondering what she had just witnessed, but not in a state of panic.

She has viewed people at the pond from that point before. My step son and I are 6 foot and she has seen us down there countless times. This thing was at least as tall or taller, hence the determination of being 6 to 7 feet tall.

Do you mind if I ask where (in the world) do you live and could you take photographs of the local scenery for me. I will need a photo from her POV and as many random pictures, including a list of wildlife you commonly see around your area, you can include to piece together what kind of ecology we are looking at here.

Edited by Mr. E.

I am normally rather frustrated by your precocious nature but this actually made me laugh. :tu:

:lol:

No problem.