Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Photograph Of Male Werewolf On Hindlegs,1997

NatureBoff

It isn't just me though. Look here at this intriguing story just posted and notice the similarities in the sounds of chattering experineced in both:

My dad once told me about an experience he had while logging in Bly Oregon. If anyone here has not heard of Bly it is a weird place to start with it is known where I am from as the Oregon Bly-angle. It is the sight of the only casualty in the lower 48 during WW2 as a result of a balloon Bomb courtesy of the Japanese. A terrorist training camp was busted there after the start of the Afghan war. It is also the site of many Sasquatch sightings.

According to my dad him and his crew were working in the woods between Bly and Beatty during the winter. He and the other two on the crew were falling timber for several weeks up there. All three of them hated the job terribly because in their own words the are was very spooky and they always felt as though they were being watched. After a couple of weeks on job they said that on one or two occasions when they would stop for lunch they would sit on fresh cut stumps (rather then the snow) and eat lunch as it was too far to walk to the trucks. Anyway they said that they thought they were hearing voices in the woods but were not sure. THey were very faint and was not any recognizable language. THey dismissed it as being the result of hearing the chainsaws all day, being very cold and being tired. However over the next week the voices got louder and more frequent. To the point where they could hear them over the chainsaws. All of them could now hear it. They figured there could be know one else up there as they were far in the mountains. It was snowing every night and there were never any tracks on the road up to the job (which they had to build because there was not one to start with. Also the job was far to far up in the woods to walk cross country from the nearest road not to mention that the snow was generally over knee deep. In the end all three of them got so nerve racked that they ended up quitting the job and have not worked in the area since. THey all agree that the voices were not menacing, it just sounded like conversation but it was still to spooked for them to handle, all of them being very grounded and open minded.

Years latter I am 17 and I am working for the Forest Circus and my boss is an older Native American lady who is still very traditional in the ways of her people and happens to be from the area. I remembered the story and one day I ask her about it. She knew instantly what I was talking about and proceeded to tell me a legend of her people (The Klamath Tribe) about a race of very small people that inhabit the woods in the area. They are like guardians of the woods and are not menacing. Know one ever sees them but they can be heard speaking in tongues. They were around long before people were there. She told me what they were called but after so many years I can not remember.

Does anyone here know anything about them and what they are called.

Here's Tommy's account from Australia:

This is my first topic and i did not know where to post it, so i thought I'd just post it in the Urban Legends section.

Just maybe half an hour ago, me and my friend (username 'biorez') were walking along the outskirts of Parramatta Park in Sydney (the park is a minute's walk from my house). It was sprinkling, though now it is pouring rain and storming pretty bad. Anyways, we were walking alongside a deserted creek, when we started hearing noises. Some sounded like a train, although there was no train track near that area, and some sounded like children's voices, even though I am positive that it was just me and my friend in that creek.

We pulled out of the area, and frantically started trying to assess the situation. We were trying to think rationally, but we couldn't help but believe that it was something way out of the ordinary. We came back to the creek, and started hearing more noises. They were much the same, and we weren't really panicking that much, when I look straight ahead and could have SWORN that I saw a dark figure, standing on it's hind legs, walk past the treeline about 5 metres ahead of us. I almost hyperventilated, an we started sprinting back to a nearby gazebo. We discussed whether we should go back to my friend's place (about 300 metres from the park, and facing it as well), or if we should run back to the creek, and investigate once more.

And so we did, and we started seeing more shadows and hearing more unnatural, un-suburbian noises. At this point, it started raining heavily, and we saw a gargantuan storm cloud approaching. we decided to bolt back to my friend's place. We started running in the opposite direction of the creek. I turned my head for a split second, and that was all I needed...

...and then I saw him. A Green man. He looked to be wearing something green, covering his hair (if he had any), but it almost looked like it was attached to his skull. He did not have a shirt on, and he had dark green skin. A darker texture than whatever was on his head. He looked like he had some sort of dead furred animal over his shoulder, and in the opposite hand, he was carrying what looked like some sort of long, melee weapon. Possibly a staff or a stick. He was looking out from under the creek, therefore I did not see his lower half. He had big bulgy black eyes STICKING, LITERALLY STICKING out of his head. Like a GRASSHOPPER! he had a mouth where his chin was supposed to be. And he had a normal looking nose, although I did not see any nostrils, but that's most likely due to the fact that I was at a distance. He then raised what must've been his eyebrows, and gave me a sort of 'where are you going' look. He then appeared to have shrugged, then turned and walked away. He did not have ears. Where his ears were supposed to be, it was just blank.

I stood there in shock, hyperventilating. I lost all bodily functions for about half a minute, while biorez was yelling 'we have to go! come on we have to go!' I then started running like there was no tomorrow. Now I sit here at my friend's computer, still sort of in shock, but sane enough to post this report.

Can someone PLEASE tell me WHAT THE HELL DID I SEE?

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NatureBoff

• Agent. Mulder

• Coffey

• Meridianite

It's the way nature intended, obviously. It's the same stategy as hippos for example, or horses, or cows, or ...They have a dominant aggressive male to protect the women and children from nasty meat-eaters like us you donut. Too difficult to understand is it?

:lol:

Why do they have canines and claws designed to cut?

Oh! I know! They like slaw! That's it, they use them to slice and dice their veggies!

Vegetarian werewolves and sparkly vampires! Holy crap! What next, a well-groomed bigfoot with a stylish goatee!

Err Humblemun those 2 accounts you just posted are totally different to each other. Even the sounds described are different and in one a giant green thing is seen. Now unless you are now saying werewolves are also green and look kinda like giant bugs I don't really see the point in that post.

It's professor Lupin!

Err Humblemun those 2 accounts you just posted are totally different to each other. Even the sounds described are different and in one a giant green thing is seen. Now unless you are now saying werewolves are also green and look kinda like giant bugs I don't really see the point in that post.

Ho-hum. You have to read between the lines and not take the accounts too literally. It's a bit like interpreting dreams for example. You've had strange dreams before I presume silentwind? A strange encounter which baffles the senses is somewhat similar, wouldn't you say? Therefore both accounts are identical in that:

1. Both heard strange talking in out of place scenarios when no-one around
  2. Both got scared and felt uncomfortable by the occurance
  3. Both were witnessed by more than single individual at the same time

Ho-hum. You have to read between the lines and not take the accounts too literally. It's a bit like interpreting dreams for example. You've had strange dreams before I presume silentwind? A strange encounter which baffles the senses is somewhat similar, wouldn't you say? Therefore both accounts are identical in that:

You are a master at leaping to completely baffling and nonsensical conclusions. Well done, on a site like this that's something of an accomplishment.

Edited by Moonie2012

Ok so by your logic I could say

1) In hospitals strange noises can be heard frequently

2) Hospitals make people uncomfortable and sometimes scared

3) Hospitals must have many werewovles in

Oh dear. Science wasn't your strong point at school then?

With respect, Humblemun it doesn't look like science was your strong point either if you believe in werewolves...

"Werewolf - A person believed to have been transformed into a wolf or to be capable of assuming the form of a wolf."

We can't turn into animals, my friend. We can sure act like them, but cannot become one.

Edited by Eldorado

Jeez. Just to clarify the situation: I'm only proposing a new mammal species which is vegetarian i.e. not any associated Hollywood hogwash.

Jeez. Just to clarify the situation: I'm only proposing a new mammal species which is vegetarian i.e. not any associated Hollywood hogwash.

Then maybe you shouldn't title your thread " photograph of male werewolf on hindlegs, 1997..."

"possible new mammal species photographed" would be more apt, no?

Then maybe you shouldn't title your thread " photograph of male werewolf on hindlegs, 1997..."

"possible new mammal species photographed" would be more apt, no?

Yeah. That was just, slightly, missleading :lol:

Oh dear. Thinking wasn't your strong point at school then?

I'm pretty sure Humblebum is just having a laugh at our expense at this point - or he's completely unhinged.

Edited by Moonie2012

Why are people putting any stock whatsoever into the story?

Reading people talking about this as if it actually happened seems ridiculous to me.

This is likely completely made-up.

Why are people putting any stock whatsoever into the story?

Reading people talking about this as if it actually happened seems ridiculous to me.

This is likely completely made-up.

I don't think anyone is taking this make-believe seriously, at this point we're just having fun watching Humblebun trying to act cool and uppity dispensing his "logic" and "facts".

Edited by Moonie2012

it could easily be a person. I dunno, unless the guy taking the photo actually saw it go all out wolf and run close enough to him for him to say "I was five feet from a werewolf" I'd have to say false for this one :mellow:

Oh lol Humblemun. Yes Science wasn't my strong point at all which is why I went on to get a degree in it. Explain to me how what you have said is in the least bit scientific please.

Sorry but I haven't seen a woman stand like that before. I really don't think it is a woman. I really don't think it's a "real" werewolf either.

I think it's a fake as in they took the photo of someone in a costume and blurred it on purpose.

If you compare the "humanoid" in the picture to the werewolf's in Dog soldiers, it has a really big resemblance.

Viral add maybe? then again that would be 5 years early. Was Dog soldiers in the works then?

I have a HD 22" monitor and a high end graphics card and that really doesn't look like a woman.

What you guys are seeing as a coat on at the top of the legs is actually just blurriness making it appear to be flat across, on my Monitor I can see that there is more shape than that. It's definitely "fur" blurring together in between the legs.

It appears tall as well. I'd even go as far as saying they photoshopped the werewolf into the pic.

I'd say it's faked or viral add.

Edited by Coffey

After going over it a few times I have noticed a few things.

Firstly it is not on a grassy hill, it is full of bushes, the whole hill is bushes, you can see it coming up around the tree. Why would a woman in a fur coat walk through bushes.

Secondly, the thing appears to be heading downhill, that is not how person walks down hill lol.

To really get a good idea of the size of this thing, you would need to see a clear photo of the spot with someone standing there.

But lets consider a few things, the bushes next to the guy who took the photo (going by if the guy was standing up) Would be about 4 to 5 ft. Now if the bushes on the hill are the same size and they only go up to the knee of this thing then it would appear to be 2 to 3 times the height of the guy taking the picture. This is assumptions though. But to me that pretty much puts it to the size of the werewolf's in Dog soldiers.

I really think this is just a fake and I certainly do not think it is a woman at all. The posture isn't right and the knees appear to bend as though it has a second joint further down like a werewolf. (which would be hidden in the bushes)

Some of you skeptics can be a pain. lol Yeah I don't think it's real whatsoever but just saying it's a woman. Really?

Sorry but I haven't seen a woman stand like that before. I really don't think it is a woman. I really don't think it's a "real" werewolf either.

I think it's a fake as in they took the photo of someone in a costume and blurred it on purpose.

If you compare the "humanoid" in the picture to the werewolf's in Dog soldiers, it has a really big resemblance.

Viral add maybe? then again that would be 5 years early. Was Dog soldiers in the works then?

I have a HD 22" monitor and a high end graphics card and that really doesn't look like a woman.

What you guys are seeing as a coat on at the top of the legs is actually just blurriness making it appear to be flat across, on my Monitor I can see that there is more shape than that. It's definitely "fur" blurring together in between the legs.

It appears tall as well. I'd even go as far as saying they photoshopped the werewolf into the pic.

I'd say it's faked or viral add.

Coffey, thanks for the reference to Dog Soldiers. It is very similar indeed. The one point which makes it more authentic than you think is that the person who took the photo DIDN'T think it was a 'werewolf', just simply that it wasn't a bigfoot. The woman in a fur coat is merely a default position of "we don't know what it might be". It's only ME, thirteen years later who has twigged that it might be the legendary mystery mammal of folklore, alive and well in the Oregon outback. Therefore the possibility of it being a fake is zero. Edited by Humblemun

Coffey, thanks for the reference to Dog Soldiers. It is very similar indeed. The one point which makes it more authentic than you think is that the person who took the photo DIDN'T think it was a 'werewolf', just simply that it wasn't a bigfoot. The woman in a fur coat is merely a default position of "we don't know what it might be". It's only ME, thirteen years later who has twigged that it might be the legendary mystery mammal of folklore, alive and well in the Oregon outback. Therefore the possibility of it being a fake is zero.

I really don't think it's real mate. Too blurry which is working in the favour of the guy claiming it's real. It looks faked, the way it appears to be standing posing lol.

Think about it this way. If werewolf's where real,do you think it would stand there long enough for someone to take a picture?!

My opinion is that if it was real one of 2 things would have happened:

1, Mr Photographer would have been ripped to shreds way before taking that pic. lol

2, The werewolf would have ran away so fast we would just be hearing about a "sighting" and I doubt there would even be time for a picture and if there wa sit would be a blurry shadow running off.

You have to remember that no matter your opinion on this legendary creature, it would smell or hear you waaaaaaaaaay before you seen it. Which means you would be dead before you know it or would never manage to see it if it didn't want you to.

Edited by Coffey

No, no. The mammal is more likely to be successful if it just frightens people away from it's territory rather than ripping them limb from limb. Killing people would only make life harder for it and it's cryptid lifestyle.

post-94765-0-44960600-1289648546_thumb.j

post-94765-0-36733000-1289648593_thumb.j

Edited by Humblemun

No, no. The mammal is more likely to be successful if it just frightens people away from it's territory rather than ripping them limb from limb. Killing people would only make life harder for it and it's cryptid lifestyle.

Has there been any confirmed discovery of tracks, scat, hair or carcasses for these new mammals?

Has there been any confirmed discovery of tracks, scat, hair or carcasses for these new mammals?

Tracks are of the three toed variety with a smaller back fourth toe. Harlan Ford's Louisana swamp monster prints are the best. No scat that I've heard of has been ID to that of a werewolf/hyrax. No hair samples that I know of. The only recorded such beast that has been killed is the Beast Of Gevaudan in France, but that was years ago and no carcass or remains were preserved. Notice the close match of the U.S tracks with existing rock hyrax feet.

post-94765-0-15431600-1289648868_thumb.j

post-94765-0-80114100-1289648925_thumb.j

post-94765-0-38566600-1289648969_thumb.j

post-94765-0-80442700-1289648989_thumb.j

It wouldn't be stupid enough to be seen, look at how elusive Tigers are. They are a top end predator and remain elusive cause they are solitary. If werewolfs where real then it would be one of 2 ways:

1, Solitary becuase it's so rare, so it would not want to be seen at all.

2, In a pack, after all it's a sort of wolf species, but then it would be chasing people away with others in the pack.

You can't think it would jsut pose for a picture. Because it would definitly not scare people away. How many people would want to hunt it?