Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Photograph Of Male Werewolf On Hindlegs,1997

NatureBoff

It wouldn't be stupid enough to be seen, look at how elusive Tigers are. They are a top end predator and remain elusive cause they are solitary. If werewolfs where real then it would be one of 2 ways:

1, Solitary becuase it's so rare, so it would not want to be seen at all.

2, In a pack, after all it's a sort of wolf species, but then it would be chasing people away with others in the pack.

You can't think it would jsut pose for a picture. Because it would definitly not scare people away. How many people would want to hunt it?

You need to think about a group of herbivorous mammals with a dominant agressive male protector. It's not the same as tiger/meat eater. They are known to move in packs and defend their young or territory in such a manner. The reason they remain so elusive is because they are smart and fast moving amoungst the trees. They will make human-like sounds and a human investiagtor will just catch glimpses of something moving in the trees. This will be enough to put most humans ill-at-ease and so they move off and camp somewhere else for example. The 'werewolf'/hyrax is unaware of human camera technology of course, and in this particular case if it detects a lone human behaving in a careful/predatory way then the dominant male may feel obliged to show itself in it's entirity to cause absolute alarm to the individual.

It's a strategy that has worked remarkably well. History and the near future capture on camera is testimony to this fact.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NatureBoff

• Agent. Mulder

• Coffey

• Meridianite

You need to think about a group of herbivorous mammals with a dominant agressive male protector. It's not the same as tiger/meat eater. They are known to move in packs and defend their young or territory in such a manner. The reason they remain so elusive is because they are smart and fast moving amoungst the trees. They will make human-like sounds and a human investiagtor will just catch glimpses of something moving in the trees. This will be enough to put most humans ill-at-ease and so they move off and camp somewhere else for example. The 'werewolf'/hyrax is unaware of human camera technology of course, and in this particular case if it detects a lone human behaving in a careful/predatory way then the dominant male may feel obliged to show itself in it's entirity to cause absolute alarm to the individual.

It's a strategy that has worked remarkably well. History and the near future capture on camera is testimony to this fact.

....Youre, serious?

...the near future capture on camera is testimony to this fact.

Something that has not happened yet is not testimony of anything. It's not even an event. It's an idea/hope/delusion that you personally harbor.

Edited by Paul Dangerously

Wait I'm confused.... Are you now saying that a werewolf is really a Hyrax and that Hyrax's can now make human like sounds?

Yep, that's exactly what I'm saying, believe it or not

post-94765-0-77843400-1289909765_thumb.j

Edited by Humblemun

Something that has not happened yet is not testimony of anything. It's not even an event. It's an idea/hope/delusion that you personally harbor.

Yes, I'm so sure that I'm convinced a global TV spectacle will occur in the near future featuring a werewolf-like hyrax.

Yes, I'm so sure that I'm convinced a global TV spectacle will occur in the near future featuring a werewolf-like hyrax.

Sarcasm detector exploded.

As im sure you cant be serious.

Don't know if anyone said this yet but it's obviously a hunter with his rifle slung over his left shoulder taking a leak. [balloonpop/]

Yep, that's exactly what I'm saying, believe it or not

You can't be serious. What people do you know that make sounds like that? That sounds more like an angry pig or something than a human.

You do realize that the Louisiana swamp monster is described as a reptile, right? So linking it's tracks to your theory sinks your mammal hypothesis.

You can't be serious. What people do you know that make sounds like that? That sounds more like an angry pig or something than a human.

To everyone: i am serious. The murmur of 'distant pigs' combined with the flash of recognition of a human-like thing in the trees would be enough for the illusion to work. The Louisana swamp monster fits the description of a large mammal, just like all the other encounters I read.

How would anyone come to the conclusion, that that vague slightly blurry picture, is a werewolf?

Ridiculous.

Maybe if they took a picture of a werewolf and pasted it in there ;) Not sure if it's the same one, but something about the pose of the werewolf just screamed "Harry Potter" to me.

post-106833-0-64460900-1290016415_thumb.

Maybe if they took a picture of a werewolf and pasted it in there ;) Not sure if it's the same one, but something about the pose of the werewolf just screamed "Harry Potter" to me.

NOW it makes sense.

NOW it makes sense.

I already said that, but I think it's the one from Dog soldiers, look at the width of the head area and the posture and compare tot he dog soldiers werewolf. Looks identical.

Looks like a wolf or dog jumping up to grab a branch, there might have been a creature up in the tree the wolf was trying to get.

Humblemon quick! Who wins.... Bipedal Talking Werewolf Hyrax verus Frankenstein Monster. :blush:

We might as well make this thread funny if all we are going to do is talk pretend.

lol. Yeah it's another dead ringer for sure. Shame J.K took the bitten-then-becomes-a-werewolf route, but hey, she did a pretty good job overall. Only the mane is missing for the photo pic to be spot on imo.

post-94765-0-03733200-1290084095_thumb.j

Edited by Humblemun

lol. Yeah it's another dead ringer for sure. Shame J.K took the bitten-then-becomes-a-werewolf route

You do know that werewolf is thought to mean man-wolf don't you? So you saying that this unknown creature that is really some hyrax/wolf/something else entirely is a werewolf but then saying that it isn't a person that transforms into a wolf means that you can't actually even call it a werewolf. Werewolves are also a myth just so you know.

Looks like a wolf or dog jumping up to grab a branch, there might have been a creature up in the tree the wolf was trying to get.

What wolf or dog looks like that when its jumping?

Post a pic of reference if you can.

It looks like Humblemun might be on to something.

I dont know how everyone missed it but in this enhanced duplicate of the original photo there are appears to be two of them.

Werewolf3.jpg

Clearly two male hyrax engaged in a territorial threat display. :innocent:

Edited by Drunkenparrot

The picture is obviously a hoax. If it were a werewolf, it would attack not run away if it ran away. Where is the moon--ok I'm going by folklore here, or someone in a halloween costume on a hill staged by the photographer,

The ground was too hard for any foot prints. Everything leaves something no matter how hard the ground is. I have not seen a lycanthrope though I wish I could turn into a tiger or wolf, or house cat, or anything I wanted.

What wolf or dog looks like that when its jumping?

Post a pic of reference if you can.

Something like this?

LR%20Wolf.JPG

To me, it looks like a canine jumping up to grab something out of the tree. Just trying to find a logical explanation besides the man faking the photo.

Edited by Disbeliever

It looks like Humblemun might be on to something.

I dont know how everyone missed it but in this enhanced duplicate of the original photo there are appears to be two of them.

Werewolf3.jpg

Clearly two male hyrax engaged in a territorial threat display. :innocent:

lol!

Something like this?

LR%20Wolf.JPG

To me, it looks like a canine jumping up to grab something out of the tree. Just trying to find a logical explanation besides the man faking the photo.

Nice photo and well found. Notice that the dog is still missing the mane, otherwise it's a good fit. It just goes to show that the male hyrax is lifting it's head up ready to make a blood-curdling scream-cum-bark if need be. Maybe he changed his mind at the last moment and simply slipped away instead after calculating that the intruder wasn't a big enough threat to warrant such a call.