Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Walking Dead (TV Series)

Bracket

This show sucks,,,lastnights episode proved it. Youd think that the deputy would have more on his mind about surviving than banging the sherrifs wife.

This show sucks,,,lastnights episode proved it. Youd think that the deputy would have more on his mind about surviving than banging the sherrifs wife.

I'm sure he does but you can't be worrying about zombies 24/7. You still need to live and people will still fall in love even surrounded by death. Though next week is going to be quite ackward. :D

Was it just me or did the zombies seem a lot smarter this week? I got the impression that these zombies were just about the hungry, walking around following smells and sounds. But this week they were using tools and climbing. A few even had some speed going. Bit more than I would have expected for these undead. One thing that did annoy me is with the tools being knocked over you know Mr KKK will be back with his own gang to attack Rick. You'll think those kinds of morons would be among the first to be eaten.

I thought last night's episode was still pretty good, and I like how the zombies are alittle unconventional.

From wiki:

The zombies

To date in the comic book series, every deceased human being has risen as a zombie, as long as they still have a working nervous system. It is unclear how long a person must have been deceased before they are reanimated: Tyreese's daughter "comes back" within a few minutes after death, but Shane's body does not reawaken until well after having been buried. Zombie body fluids getting on a human will not infect them. It is not the bite itself that zombifies a person, all the bite does is cause a serious infection, which kills the human within days - however, promptly removing the limb of a person bitten will ensure survival.

The zombies crave living flesh. Some, dubbed "roamers", travel constantly and will chase prey or noises for many miles. "Lurker" zombies await prey to come close to them, and retaliate if they are disturbed, by a zombie or non-zombie alike, although it will chase after a non-zombie. It is not specified how a zombie becomes either type. Other zombies vocalize and make grunting or moaning sounds at times or constantly, but some do not. All zombies move much slower and more irregularly than humans, and humans can easily outrun or even briskly out-walk a zombie, however, zombies can only, very briefly, move more quickly by lunging, and a zombie may grow tired of roaming, after running out of either willpower or energy itself.

Zombies may follow something that has caught their attention for hours, such as a gunshot, after which they may follow in the general direction for days, even if they have forgotten what they originally were pursuing. Zombies may also follow other zombies, believing other zombies are pursuing food sources. This can create herds of "roamers", all following each other under the assumption that some of them are pursuing victims, regularly growing in size and absorbing more zombies.

The only way to kill zombies is by destroying the brain, though some characters prefer decapitation, after which the head still tries to bite. Zombies do not notice humans who smell like zombies, such as when Rick and Glenn rub "zombie grime" on their body and walk nonchalantly near hundreds of zombies. It is uncertain whether a zombie who is around a human for a long enough period will become acclimated to them and stop attacking. In Woodbury, the "Governor" kept his zombie daughter in his house for a long time, yet she still attempted to attack him and others. He eventually removes her teeth and while she can attack, cannot bite. The character Michonne traveled for an extended time with her zombie ex-boyfriend and zombie friend, leading them behind her by a chain. It appears that she has removed their jaw bones and/or teeth and says, "These two stopped trying to attack me a long time ago."

Michonne-CharacterDesign.jpg

Ohh I know those kind of story lines wind up ruining the entire plot... I have seen so many horror movies.. where one min they are all running away fearing what is going to kill them... you see a girl hiding from some mad creature and a guy with her...trying to keep quiet so the creature doesn't see them ....and within 2 mins they are at it like hammer and tongs as if ack sure lets do it forget the fact we could die any moment...lets get dirty :lol: you watch it and think- ohhh come on that is SO NOT realistic... the idea is to find a way to survive the killings not hop into bed while its all going on... there is a time and a place for the nookie...but NOW is not the time you morons lol :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Ohh I know those kind of story lines wind up ruining the entire plot... I have seen so many horror movies.. where one min they are all running away fearing what is going to kill them... you see a girl hiding from some mad creature and a guy with her...trying to keep quiet so the creature doesn't see them ....and within 2 mins they are at it like hammer and tongs as if ack sure lets do it forget the fact we could die any moment...lets get dirty :lol: you watch it and think- ohhh come on that is SO NOT realistic... the idea is to find a way to survive the killings not hop into bed while its all going on... there is a time and a place for the nookie...but NOW is not the time you morons lol :P

It's not like that at all.

It's not like that at all.

As I was not ref to the show itself, due to the fact I noted I have not gotten to see it, it's not aired over here yet......my post was about horror movies and yes so many are like that

As I was not ref to the show itself, due to the fact I noted I have not gotten to see it, it's not aired over here yet......my post was about horror movies and yes so many are like that

I do hate that about horror movies, but I could see it happening the way it did in that episode. Although it was a total douche move on their parts.

I'm still liking the show though and I hope it continues to do well.

I do hate that about horror movies, but I could see it happening the way it did in that episode. Although it was a total douche move on their parts.

I'm still liking the show though and I hope it continues to do well.

I hope they air it over here soon

Hey have you ever noticed....when you find yourself hooked on a show... and one day you read that show you liked so much, is on its last season and due to be cancelled???

I am a fan of - Supernatural..and read my rumours of it being cancelled and thought how can this be?? its effing brilliant...darn it they cant do it LOL i so hope they are just rumours

I think it's somewhat realistic...9 months after 9/11, NYC experienced a mini baby boom. Sex is a way to reaffirm and perhaps celebrate that you're alive after cheating death.

On another note, for those of you that read the graphic novels, how much time passed while Glenn was in a coma? It seems weird that Shane and Lori hooked up so quickly (was there something going on between them before the whole zombie thing?) and why did they just leave her husband (Rick) in the hospital?

My son, who is addicted to zombie literature and movies came over to watch the show with me last night and was filling me on zombie lore. He thought it was really funny that I know absolutely nothing about zombies.

Hey have you ever noticed....when you find yourself hooked on a show... and one day you read that show you liked so much, is on its last season and due to be cancelled???

Yeesh... shades of the Dresden Files...

As far as it goes, in the comics Rick had already been written off as dead and it has been a few weeks at least it seems since everything pretty much collapsed.

I can see it working out as it did in the comics.

Still have yet to see the television series... :(

On another note, for those of you that read the graphic novels, how much time passed while Glenn was in a coma? It seems weird that Shane and Lori hooked up so quickly (was there something going on between them before the whole zombie thing?) and why did they just leave her husband (Rick) in the hospital?

They never really specify, but it was probably a month. Everyone thought Rick was dead so Lori stuck close to Shane.

Edited by Bracket

I think it's somewhat realistic...9 months after 9/11, NYC experienced a mini baby boom. Sex is a way to reaffirm and perhaps celebrate that you're alive after cheating death.

That's very true.

Also, how many books are there in the series? I noticed some at a store the other day, the highest numbered one was 11. I'm thinking about buying the first couple when they get them in, and was just curious.

Well as I was just talking about horror movies... the ones having the nookie while hiding on the creepy creature hunting them....it wasn't much of a celebrating of life ..for 2 mins after their nookie...they come out of hiding and SPLAT!!! they're dead lol....

That's very true.

Also, how many books are there in the series? I noticed some at a store the other day, the highest numbered one was 11. I'm thinking about buying the first couple when they get them in, and was just curious.

Volume 13 should be coming out later this month, but they're also going to start re-issuing all the previous issues from #1 to now in a weekly format and they'll be about 4 bucks each.

AMC announced today the renewal of "The Walking Dead" for a 13-episode second season.

Volume 13 should be coming out later this month, but they're also going to start re-issuing all the previous issues from #1 to now in a weekly format and they'll be about 4 bucks each.

Huh, cool. Thanks.

AMC announced today the renewal of "The Walking Dead" for a 13-episode second season.

Also cool. :yes:

Season 2 is going to be nucking futs.

It's up on hulu now - for those of you that can't watch it on cable yet.

:tu:

Edited by archernyc

I've just watched the first two episodes last night. Managed to find it download-able in sweet quality :tu:

It's already on FOX, dubbed in German, here in Germany as well, but that's pay TV, which is super expensive over here. I assume it's going to take like a year to be on free TV, and then I guess it will be heavily cut.

Anyway, watched the first to episodes, and I really liked it! Costumes are great, setting and scenery feels kinda right, and the Characters are good, too. Just Rick is a bit to slick and "perfect" for me. I hope that changes, and we get to see some of his flaws.

I also hope that Lennie James (The father with his son, damned with the fate of not being able to put down his loved one) will reappear in the show. He is a great actor (loved him in Jericho). But it seems like he is only in the first episode.

Ok maybe ''sucks'' was to harsh,,but the hook-up between the sherrifs wife and the deputy really killed this series for me. I could understand maybe 4 or 5 episodes into it if she really thought he was dead,,but not in the second episode after the grand opening.

Ok maybe ''sucks'' was to harsh,,but the hook-up between the sherrifs wife and the deputy really killed this series for me. I could understand maybe 4 or 5 episodes into it if she really thought he was dead,,but not in the second episode after the grand opening.

Well the hook up happened over a month after Rick was shot. The last she knew he was in a comma surrounded by hungry zombies. Not surprising she would think he was dead.

And we do not really know much about their affair. Maybe it turns out nicely and well written over the the next 1 or 2 episodes.

I think Lori substitutes Shane for Rick purely out of necessity... but Shane, being the douche he is, actually enjoys his newfound status/importance amidst the zombie outbreak... so much so, that Shane even tries to kill Rick for returning alive and screwing up his new life.

In the comic, Lori talks about it regrettably as a one-night-stand on a lonely night rather than how the Series is portraying it, as more of an affair/relationship. Lori even has Shane's child in the comic but no one in the camp ever really acknowledges to Rick that the baby, Judith, is Shane's.

Lori is much more of a hoe in the Series than in the comic.

Edited by Pol_Pot_Lives_Again

I think Lori substitutes Shane for Rick purely out of necessity... but Shane, being the douche he is, actually enjoys his newfound status/importance amidst the zombie outbreak... so much so, that Shane even tries to kill Rick for returning alive and screwing up his new life.

In the comic, Lori talks about it regrettably as a one-night-stand on a lonely night rather than how the Series is portraying it, as more of an affair/relationship. Lori even has Shane's child in the comic but no one in the camp ever really acknowledges to Rick that the baby, Judith, is Shane's.

Lori is much more of a hoe in the Series than in the comic.

Thanks for giving that away to the ones who didn't already know that Pol. :rolleyes: