Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Walking Dead (TV Series)

Bracket

Lori's body was eaten by the zombie found near the location of her death. Remember, it was all bloated from consuming Lori. I guess there was not enough left of TDog either for him to resurrect.

I am not sure about the graves or whether they are symbolic or for future use in case of death of Rick's gang? I am also perplexed by it.

That is what I thought,but I had no idea they even ate bones,as there weren't even bones left .

Daryl liked Carol ,so the flower was for her .

That is what I thought,but I had no idea they even ate bones,as there weren't even bones left .

The zombie could have drug the body away or dropped the bone scrapes in another corridor? Whatever it may be, it milked the build-up of the scene right properly. ;)

Daryl liked Carol ,so the flower was for her .

In the last episode?

I am not sure what you are talking about, but I do have the episode recorded on the DVR. I believe I will rewatch it real soon.

Edited by Ambush Bug

Yep, they confirmed on The Talking Dead that the bloated zombie had eaten Lori, bones and all. What Rick picked up off the ground and looked at was the bullet Carl had used to shoot her. Apparently there was even a clump of her hair in its hand. As for the graves, I assume they're just symbolic for the group to mourn at if they feel the need to. Or in case they find Carol dead.

• 2 weeks later...

I am reading the comic book and have read the first 40 issues as of this moment.

I love most of the changes the television series has made to every character and the storyline itself (so far).

In other words, the television series is simply better. Such as:

Shane surviving much longer than the first few issues.

Carol is not a complete freak and much older.

The Guvernor is not a cliched militant white trailer trash and dying after several issues. But is something more subtle and creepier... an ordinary looking dude that can pass as manager of your local mart.

Michonne not being repeatedly bound-up and raped. Maybe that hasnt been written out of the television series?

The creation of Daryl. I havent met Merrill yet in the comics. So in the books he doesnt have any history with Rick's group? (Please no one answer that question IDWTK.)

Hershel being more likeable. Etc.

The show had a very slow second season but this season is probably better than the first. Great show.

The show had a very slow second season but this season is probably better than the first. Great show.

I agree. It was like the whole second season was devoted to building up the third season.

Just to add a point, the comics can be abit slow and too talky.

• Like 1

I just finished reading issues 41-50,

Wow... just wow. The writing is rough and crude. Characters are under-developed or simply lack sympathetic qualities. Over the top lunatics are always wall to wall. But around issue 48 or 49, I am seeing a different comic developing, Kirkman is no longer scratching off characters like a demented child with crayons anymore. I am learning about Carl and what other board members referred to earlier in the thread that had read the books. The gratuity is always overwrought, with bondage rapes and incestous **********, the content can be quite disgusting. I wonder what lies beyond issue #50 and will stick through.

Whats with using spoiler tags? People come here to talk about the show. If you didnt see it this week, and plan to watch it, then just dont come in here. To me, unless you have some inside info about a show not yet aired, we shouldnt have to use spoiler tags. Just saying.

Man this show is just getting better every week. Bravo

Damn straight! But there is a bit of sadness in the fact that next week is Season 3's mid-season finale. No more new Walking Dead until next year.

EDIT: BTW, I have recently read nearly all 104 issues of The Walking Dead comic. Its a hit and miss. There is some I like about it and there is more I dont like about it.

Dale lived much longer in it. And there is NO Daryl NOR Merrill. Neither one of them are in it. Unless the Governor's huge lackey was in fact our... Merrill. The television show's version was way better as there was no character development in the books. There is a redundancy in the books in that Rick's groups will find haven someplace and then subsequently lose that haven in extremely violent ways. It has happened 3 or 4 times already. I would love to see them deal with something other than more invading zombie herds or other surviving baddies, etc.

And the literal pages and pages of dialogues, I find myself always just skimming through it. Its boring.

Edited by Ambush Bug

Why is Michonne being so hesitant, slow and coy with her information to Rick & the gang? I know she's being cautious, but she's going with them into that town on a dangerous mission to help get back people she doesn't know and also has neglected to tell them about Andrea or tell Daryl about his brother. I'm sure she'd of heard names the short time she was at the prison and figured it all out.

Great episode. My wife, who hates the show but manages to watch all of them, almost tossed tonight during the zombie forearms as weapons scene but managed to watch the entire episode yet again. I love how much she hates the show but watches every single episode and knows all the story-lines, LMAO, Only TWD can make fans like that. Bloody long time till February, especially with all the great stuff they started!. <_< Best season to date IMHO.

Edited by Merc14

Cant wait til next February for the rest of season 3.

What is the fate of Daryl and Merrill?

War is about to erupt.

And a new group of survivors has been introduced. This might be interesting.

I just hope they arent put into the story to ante up the body count for when the Governor en force invades Rick and his prison.

Cant wait til next February for the rest of season 3.

What is the fate of Daryl and Merrill?

War is about to erupt.

And a new group of survivors has been introduced. This might be interesting.

I just hope they arent put into the story to ante up the body count for when the Governor en force invades Rick and his prison.

The one character, TJ, is pretty significant in the comics so he will at least remain.

Oh ...I so hate the governor ....hate.

I hate these mid season breaks ....argh.....

• Like 2

Oh ...I so hate the governor ....hate.

I hate these mid season breaks ....argh.....

Agree - it's cruel and unusual punishment. I'm not sure how long I'm going to maintain my interest before my level of irritation at these new mini seasons/mid season break tactics have me going "bah humbug" and ignoring all new series in protest.

The one character, TJ, is pretty significant in the comics so he will at least remain.

I dont remember TJ... who is that?

I dont remember TJ... who is that?

Not TJ, Tyrese. I was mistaken there. He is the big black guy leading the new survivor group. I haven't read the comics but he is a pretty major character that many have been waiting for. It was speculated that T-Dog was taking his place but that is over. Anyone that is better informed from the comics please feel free to correct me.

Not TJ, Tyrese. I was mistaken there. He is the big black guy leading the new survivor group. I haven't read the comics but he is a pretty major character that many have been waiting for. It was speculated that T-Dog was taking his place but that is over. Anyone that is better informed from the comics please feel free to correct me.

I originally thought Tyreese was T-Dog. But yes, you could be right... Tyreese might have finally come on the scene or his television alter ego.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't watch the link from Australia.

Love the show, Tyreese and Rick are meant to become tight but then this show often keeps surprising me by killing off central characters.

• 1 month later...