Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Walking Dead (TV Series)

Bracket

Another marathon TV session, ten episodes straight, I'm zombied out but I've caught up with the U.S now. Just gotta wait until the next episode is released now. A lot of highlights from season 3. I'm gladDaryl came back, and let's hope he can take over from Rick (I'm not liking Rick's breakdown storyline, though I suppose it's not unexpected).

It feels like the Governor is a little bit of a reboot of the Shane character. The difference seems that the Governor is charismatic and inspires people, while Shane always managed to get on the wrong side of people. Their vision was quite similar though, in my opinion.

And with that said, it's after 4.30am and I need sleep to survive. I dreamt I was in the zombie apocalypse last night, I have a feeling tonight will be the same. Good night :P

Look forward to what you think is teh best season.

So far I'm not sure which is my favourite season. My favourite episode I think has to be the Season 2 final episode. The Herd attacking the Homestead was just crazy all round.

Two questions have been popping in my head about the most recent episode though: Any thoughts from those who have seen it?

1- How did one of the Governor's men get up on the guard tower at the prison?

2- Who was driving the van that deposited the Walkers in the prison yard?

So far I'm not sure which is my favourite season. My favourite episode I think has to be the Season 2 final episode. The Herd attacking the Homestead was just crazy all round.

Two questions have been popping in my head about the most recent episode though: Any thoughts from those who have seen it?

1- How did one of the Governor's men get up on the guard tower at the prison?

2- Who was driving the van that deposited the Walkers in the prison yard?

as much as I hate to say it, I think Andrea is involved. The one person running was her size. Any other show I would say no but there are no, noes with WD.

walking dead is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

walking dead is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now it is the only show I look forward to. Actually, much more so than before as it has really dragged me in. Game of Thrones starts next month but TWD is my #1 (outside of football Sunday).

as much as I hate to say it, I think Andrea is involved. The one person running was her size. Any other show I would say no but there are no, noes with WD.

I disagree,

She wants to meet her old crew again, not kill them. I know she's always making the wrong decisions, but surely this would be too much, even for her. The figure definitely looks female, but that's not necessarily a guarantee. It'll be interesting when they do reveal the driver, in any case.

• Like 1

I disagree,

She wants to meet her old crew again, not kill them. I know she's always making the wrong decisions, but surely this would be too much, even for her. The figure definitely looks female, but that's not necessarily a guarantee. It'll be interesting when they do reveal the driver, in any case.

I'm on your side but damn that little blonde bad person running around and the nature of this show......My wife sad I'm nuts but I'll wait and see. BTW, Ilove the ANdrea character, I think she is one of the best but that mans nothing with TWD.

Right now it is the only show I look forward to. Actually, much more so than before as it has really dragged me in. Game of Thrones starts next month but TWD is my #1 (outside of football Sunday).

I think I'm still more of a Game of Thrones fan, myself, but that's because I've never really been a zombie-film fan. The fact that TWD even has me interested is a big kudos to them. Meanwhile I've been a fan of GoT since the mid-90's when I first read the book/s. And yes, I realise GoT has zombies too.

I'm on your side but damn that little blonde bad person running around and the nature of this show......My wife sad I'm nuts but I'll wait and see. BTW, Ilove the ANdrea character, I think she is one of the best but that mans nothing with TWD.

We'll see. Edited by Paranoid Android

Regarding Andrea as the van driver...wasn't she going around town trying to find the Governor and that other fellow who was supposed to be on the wall? She couldn't find them, and was getting vague answers, so I had assumed that she knew nothing about the raid.

• Like 1

Regarding Andrea as the van driver...wasn't she going around town trying to find the Governor and that other fellow who was supposed to be on the wall? She couldn't find them, and was getting vague answers, so I had assumed that she knew nothing about the raid.

That was my thought....

I know what you mean. I bet PA thinks when he logs in here, if he will get someone that somehow manages to spoil it for him. I wouldn't even log into this discussion.

I read one line in a members status update on Monday that literally spoied the show I missed, well it didn't actually spoil it for me but I knew the outcome before I watched it.

Message to all who read this "Don't spoil it for PA" or he will use the full extent of his MOD powers and ban you.

Same here. Just watched the episode and it was such an anti-climax.

I just found out how to use the Spoiler BB code. My opinion on the driver.

That was my thought....

My thoughts on the driver is, the Doctor, the chap the Governor used to try and cure his daughter. I don’t know how the guy managed to get into the watch tower, the only was in would be to scale the security fence?

Edited by xsas

I just found out how to use the Spoiler BB code. My opinion on the driver.

My thoughts on the driver is, the Doctor, the chap the Governor used to try and cure his daughter. I don’t know how the guy managed to get into the watch tower, the only was in would be to scale the security fence?

I don't think that the person (probably girl) is anyone quite as special as that. My guess is that the reason they covered her face - if not for the obvious reason of protecting her from bites, as she was also wearing all leather if I remember correctly - is so that she can be a part of a sub-plot when the group ends up in the town (which seems likely to happen, as staying in the prison just doesn't seem viable). It most likely isn't the doctor because he was told to stay back and keep an eye on the blonde girl.

Just a theory.

I would tend to agree. If not them, then maybe....

Perhaps one of the Governor's former lovers, it's pretty obvious that Andrea's not his first. I've only seen the series once, and that was in a marathon of watching, so I may have missed some details, but I've read some people online speaking of former love interests of the Governor

Another thing, is it just me or am I the only one that finds it amusing that TWD is so overt about showing death and gore, people being ripped apart, guts and spleens strewn across the stage, but get frightfully embarrassed by nudity? It's like they're saying "gratuitious violence is ok, as long as we don't see any naughty bits on tv". I find it a strange dichotomy.

• Like 3

Another thing, is it just me or am I the only one that finds it amusing that TWD is so overt about showing death and gore, people being ripped apart, guts and spleens strewn across the stage, but get frightfully embarrassed by nudity? It's like they're saying "gratuitious violence is ok, as long as we don't see any naughty bits on tv". I find it a strange dichotomy.

I have to agree with this lol. It seems society is like this a whole thougth. Violence is okay but sex is a taboo. Which is ironic sense sex is one of the most natural parts of being human when violence is more of a learned behavior.

We saw Lori do Shane and Rick on the same day, not nudity but then I don't think you need nudity to get the point across.

I don't know how to work the spoiler thingy......

The van driver, unlikely to be Andrea as others have said she was looking around town for the gov. The person in the tower, I think Glenn before taking off made a comment about who was taking watch. The person could have got in anywhere as the group was pretty lost. With the developments that happened in the last episode though I think we'll see a tighter banding for their own survival.

I am ready for tonights episode,after last weeks should be a good one!

We saw Lori do Shane and Rick on the same day, not nudity but then I don't think you need nudity to get the point across.

The van driver, unlikely to be Andrea as others have said she was looking around town for the gov. The person in the tower, I think Glenn before taking off made a comment about who was taking watch. The person could have got in anywhere as the group was pretty lost. With the developments that happened in the last episode though I think we'll see a tighter banding for their own survival.

Tia,

The spoiler thingy is the icon, that is 3rd in on your tool bar next to the "Font" option. Just choose from the special BB codes and type in your text after choosing the spoiler code option?

I only found it yesterday. :tu:

And if you can't find that, you can just type

[ /spoiler], with the text in between the tags (minus the space in the second tag).

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

We'll know tonight, I think, who that person was and I have a feeling this is going to be a big show. Does anyone watch "The Talking Dead" afterwards? It is a pretty good program as well with many of the stars showing up. The producer is always on and a surpring amoint of celebs who are into TWD.

I have to agree with this lol. It seems society is like this a whole thougth. Violence is okay but sex is a taboo. Which is ironic sense sex is one of the most natural parts of being human when violence is more of a learned behavior.

But isn't that a mainly American problem? Over here it is more like the other way round: Full nudity is not that big of a problem, and will probably result in a 12+ or 16+ age restriction (unless it is showing full penetration, of course), but head-blown-off scenes will most definitely result in an 18+ age restriction.

OK guys..

I won't be able to catch up with tonights episode until Monday evening, please remember the spoiler facility in the BB code and I will remember not to read any status updates that look remotely like a WD comment. :tu:

• Like 1

Okay, I'm being forced to watch the Oscars instead of people being eaten by zombies so PLEASE use the spoilers thingie till my wife goes to bed. Yes, I am P-Whipped.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1