Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Walking Dead (TV Series)

Bracket

I love the show but I dont get why not further out of Atlanta. They talk about the city being over run but aren't that

far out of it.

Well I can think of a couple. The cop that needs to hang back and save the man and his son. Now the old folks home. The relative safety of being far enough out of the city to set up camp in hopes of more living coming there way and not the dead ones. For me I would get a group of people and head deep into the mountains. Oh and maybe they think rescue is possible since Atlanta was suppose to be safe.

Edited by The Silver Thong

Well, he was obviously paniced and not thinking straight.

Merle wasn't in the comics, and the attack on the camp wasn't really explained, so it's possible. (I would strongly recommend reading the comic by the way. It recently won an Eisner Award for best on going series)

I will definitely have to check out the comic but it has been some time since I read one. Plus I don't want to read ahead of the rest of the class lol I'm loving how it's going I just finished watching the last episode again 20 min ago and had to pop into this thread.

I love the show but I dont get why not further out of Atlanta. They talk about the city being over run but aren't that

far out of it.

They explain that in the comic. They try to stay far enough away from the city to stay away from the zeds but try to stay close enough so that when the army roles into town, they'll know and get help. But don't worry. They'll be moving soon.

I will definitely have to check out the comic but it has been some time since I read one. Plus I don't want to read ahead of the rest of the class lol I'm loving how it's going I just finished watching the last episode again 20 min ago and had to pop into this thread.

Well, the show is just barely following the comic. Like i said, Merle is a new character, along with his brother and most of the survivors in the camp, and i'd say 70% of the show is new material.

I'm willing to look past any small plot holes to be entertained. That being said I thought the newest episode was fantastic, especially with the tension leading up to the last scene.

"With its latest round of ratings success, the AMC adaptation of Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore and Charlie Adlard's Image series "The Walking Dead" earned its highest ratings yet, showing how the series has moved from potential cult hit to legitimate television phenomenon.

Debuting Sunday night, the episode "Wildfire" earned 5.6 million viewers overall, which was more than the pilot episode logged on Halloween by nearly 0.3 million. The episode also retained a high mark for viewers in the key 18 to 49 demographic with 2.8 million viewers.

"The Walking Dead" also got an additional promotional boost this week as a cover feature in "Entertainment Weekly" declared it "The Best New Show On TV." Only one episode remains in the show's shortened first season, but a full second season has already been ordered by AMC." -via comicbookresources.com

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=29630

Edited by Pol_Pot_Lives_Again

I love this show, as does the rest of my family. What irritates me is that we are going to have to wait forever for season two to be finished and aired. *grumbles*

My theory for the finale:

That doctor is going to allow Rick and the Camp People into the CDC under the condition that everyone be tested. The doctor is going to provide medicine and food and even some of his theories and research thus far regarding the outbreak. Andrea is going to test positive as dormant infected (as a result of her close contact with Amy.) Half of the camp people are going to agree with the doctor that she needs to be quarantined (Shane) and the other half will leave the decision to Andrea (Rick and everyone else). The doctor is going to talk into his computerthing about a dormant or not-yet-turned test subject and the French military (listening all along and seeing a worthwhile reason to intervene) are going to assault the CDC for Andrea with a "zombies vs French Military vs Rick and cohorts" showdown. Shane will welcome the military as saviors and will be gunned-down. Rick, the Doctor, and whoever survives will escape with rations, medicines, and valuable information as the zombies overrun the French soldiers.

That doctor is going to allow Rick and the Camp People into the CDC under the condition that everyone be tested. The doctor is going to provide medicine and food and even some of his theories and research thus far regarding the outbreak. Andrea is going to test positive as dormant infected (as a result of her close contact with Amy.) Half of the camp people are going to agree with the doctor that she needs to be quarantined (Shane) and the other half will leave the decision to Andrea (Rick and everyone else). The doctor is going to talk into his computerthing about a dormant or not-yet-turned test subject and the French military (seeing a worthwhile reason to intervene) are going to assault the CDC for Andrea with a "zombies vs French Military vs Rick and cohorts" showdown. Shane will welcome the military as saviors and will be gunned-down. Rick, the Doctor, and whoever survives will escape with rations, medicines, and valuable information as the zombies overrun the French soldiers.

He might try to use her as a new test subject.

He might try to use her as a new test subject.

Andrea ain't gonna go for that.

I can see the doctor infecting people just so he can study the process of plague. Kind of get a mad scientist vibe off him.

I was way off...

But I really liked the scientific approach that Dr. Jenner provided and hopefully they'll delve more into the cause and effects of the virus. Most zombie stories usually either take an oblivious stance on the cause (think Night of the Living Dead, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead, Colin) or a harsh virus modus operandi (think Day of the Dead, 28 Days Later) but the Series has found a happy medium of not getting too preachy or technical with its devices and, to an extent, avoided the on-the-run formula that the comic has become. Maybe we could see more of the trust, racism, and humanity themes with Hershel's Farm for Season 2.

But I really liked the scientific approach that Dr. Jenner provided and hopefully they'll delve more into the cause and effects of the virus.

I agree, I thought showing the brain scan was a good way to go about it. I just hope they don't actually wait til next October for the second season, I can't wait that long.

Say it ain't so...October?

I liked the way the episode started. Without spoiling anything, I always wondered how Rick ended up abandoned in the hospital.

I created a thread for fans of the comic series.

Fair warning though, any fans of the show who haven't read the comic and doesn't want spoilers, i'd advise not to go there.

Here it is.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=196233

Edited by Bracket

• 4 weeks later...

This is a fabulous tv show. All the episodes in this show are marvelous. I love the concept and storyline of this show.

Well, you're gonna have to wait until october for season 2. :hmm:

UGH!

Well, it's coming out on DVD in March. That's something at least.

Walking Dead is the best production of AMC. It is one of the best zombie show that has grab millions of fans during the finale episode.

I love the show and can't wait for the second season. When does it start up again hmmmm

Have you noticed that this user likes everything?

Have you noticed that this user likes everything?

Not sure what your getting at but thanks for the reminder.

Not sure what your getting at but thanks for the reminder.

Look on his posts and there pretty much the same just re-worded.