Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Walking Dead (TV Series)

Bracket

Aye, was a tad convenient just happening to find exactly what they needed .....

One thing that I was wondering though - why do we never see anyone looking at maps?   Planning routes, new areas to explore, possible depots etc

Or did the zombie apocalypse occur after sat-nav and GPS become so uniquitous, and humans so mindboggingly lazy, that maps had become obsolete and, once the satellites stopped, no-one had a clue where they were in relation to the next town, village, shopping mall, army camp?   So they just have to drive around in hope?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

@F3SS

Well bud,looks like we are going to get that long drawn out build up too the "cliffhanger" war...sighhhhh

Not like we couldn't see it coming a mile away,so i guess no real reason in complaining about it lol

Is it just me or is anyone else ready for/hoping Sasha and Rosita become zombie food sometime soon...Their characters are just annoying!

I'm definitely down for that. Rosita is a total lose cannon at this point. You'd think she'd be down with preparing. Seems to me if they make any move before they are ready, they are just gonna unleash hell on their own people.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Maybe I am getting old, strike that, I am getting old, but the story, producing, directing and acting is superb this season and I am enjoying the build up to all out war.  I honestly think this series is getting better which never happens!  My wife HATED this show but is now totally involved and looks forward to it.  I'measy so my opinion is meh.

It is very interesting, to me, to see the two different kinds of fans following this show and it speaks volumes for the quality of the production that we are arguing about it.   Great stuff and neither side is wrong, purely personal taste but I enjoy both gears on this particular vehicle. 

I can agree with all that aswell,if they all a sudden started rushing through everything and the series came to a quick end...I would then b**** and complain about that :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Essan said:

One thing that I was wondering though - why do we never see anyone looking at maps?   Planning routes, new areas to explore, possible depots etc

Or did the zombie apocalypse occur after sat-nav and GPS become so uniquitous, and humans so mindboggingly lazy, that maps had become obsolete and, once the satellites stopped, no-one had a clue where they were in relation to the next town, village, shopping mall, army camp?   So they just have to drive around in hope?

I too was thinking about maps during that episode. By now they could have a pretty nice map going given all the places they've been. Anyone with sensibility would have considered that by now and smart phones especially and gps weren't what they are now when it all began.

The only thing I can think of is that it's by design. In the comics readers are always pestering the writers about a map and the writers don't seem too keen on it although they occasionally tease the possibility. And they never have a map in the comic either. 

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Essan said:

I can't answer the map question but if they had a map, would a traveling carnival be on it?  :D

• Like 1

The carnival wouldn't be on the map.

I've seen them using maps preparing for a run, unless I misremember.

Abraham left the message on a map at the church for Rick to follow them too. Morgan found it.

Harte

• Like 2

Yea maybe but they really haven't mapped the area. Sure they seem to know how to get places but still. 

I wonder what they're doing with dreadlock guy now that he's saving the world in 24?

• Like 1

If they follow the story from the comic then...

Well, you'll just have to read it yourself.

Harte

8 hours ago, F3SS said:

Yea maybe but they really haven't mapped the area. Sure they seem to know how to get places but still. 

I wonder what they're doing with dreadlock guy now that he's saving the world in 24?

Which dreadlock guy? The guy from 24 is Dre's son and the only dreadlocked guy I can think of is the king. Am I missing something?

2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Which dreadlock guy? The guy from 24 is Dre's son and the only dreadlocked guy I can think of is the king. Am I missing something?

MV5BZDA0NDNjZTUtM2I1Ny00OTVhLWIzZWQtMGNl

Titles: The Walking Dead,
People: Corey Hawkins
Characters: Heath

MV5BOWEwMzRiNWItN2M3MC00MzBmLWFhYTAtZGZm
  • Like 3

Thanks. I would never have thought them both the same man. He's great in 24.

And it was Ice Cube's son who played his father, not Dre's. My mistake.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well this 2nd half of the season has been a "slow burn" but they have been interesting episodes,except last weeks...

I'm just happy it looks like the end for Sasha's character :clap: just a damn shame Rosita's will live on <_<

Tomorrow night should really pick up some steam though!

• Like 1

I'd be thrilled if after all of their will they/won't they drama if carol and Morgan both got the bat like first thing lol.

• Like 1

I think Negan's non-zombie at-bats are over and done with.

Harte

3 hours ago, Harte said:

I think Negan's non-zombie at-bats are over and done with.

Harte

As much as I love teh character (love to hate?) he needs to start getting scared.  Norman Reedus said that the finale on April 2nd channels Braveheart.  So is Andrew Lincoln drawn and quartered?  :D   http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/23/norman-reedus-walking-dead-season-finale-braveheart/

• Like 2

Argggg stupid "build up"!!!

I suspect we only get to see the war start and then cliffhanger :angry:

Meh i can live with that much better than Glenn under the dumpster or last seasons end...

A lotta moving parts in place with this season ending though,could go like the comic or several things can be changed!

My opinion only but i think the writers did very well this season! :tu:

• Like 3

18 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Argggg stupid "build up"!!!

I suspect we only get to see the war start and then cliffhanger :angry:

Thought we've accepted that long ago? With that in mind given what merc just said I'm thinking a big rally episode (they may take our lives but they'll never take our freedom!) and they pull up to the gates of the Saviors headquarters.

Anyways I thought last nights episode was real good but should've been about 2 or three episodes ago with all the carol/morgan, Sasha/rosita drama lumped into parts of other episodes. Too much dedication to these B and C grade characters imo.

• Like 1

After seeing Negan's interaction with Sasha.  Would I be too far off thinking that Negan is impressed with Rick's people so much that he wants to "win" as many as he can over to his side because he knows that they are better fighters than he has now?  The sub plot with the doctor seems to indicate that Negan is more like Thulsa Doom.  But my bet is that Sasha will survive as she gets more respect and power from Negan.  Rick will end up saving Negan from Sasha.  I'm also getting the impression that the Scavengers will end up being Soviet-like after the war.  Jadis comes across like a Natasha...  There has to be some kind of antagonists after Negan.

• Like 1

You'd think by now negan would come to the conclusion that working together with other factions might be more beneficial. He has so many people none of whom seem to be producers and the more he recruits the less there are out there to supply him and his people. I know it's fiction and all but Negan has hundreds and everybody under his control has only dozens it seems and they've got to be struggling to obtain resources for him let alone themselves. Negan's way is unsustainable. 

Also is anything going to come of the King's pigs that the Saviors have been eating? I suppose something will but what's the point if the war begins? Will they all become conveniently sick at the right moment?

Then there's Heath. He went to save the world in 24 but he's not an important enough character here to simply turn up alive after all this time. Nobody would care. So he's either dead and they never address it which I doubt or he turns up and has something important to offer like he found another squad to help or maybe the garden of Eden but he doesn't even know about the big run in with the Saviors in the first episode nor does he know Negan owns everybody now and that a war is brewing. They could possibly use him as a way to (comic spoiler)...

usher in the Whisperers 

...but I doubt it. Any thoughts?

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, F3SS said:
  Reveal hidden contents

usher in the Whisperers 

...but I doubt it. Any thoughts?

uhmmm...  Is Enid, Lydia?????????????

28 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

uhmmm...  Is Enid, Lydia?????????????

That's a good question. They could give her those origins. 

I have always thought there is more to Enid than meets the eye.  Great ideas though guys, thanks!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

I have always thought there is more to Enid than meets the eye.  Great ideas though guys, thanks!

At first I thought she was going to be Negan's daughter, but thinking about when Enid showed up was the same time we saw the walker heads with the "W"s carved in the foreheads now has me wondering??  I think they were hoping that we'd forget about that!

• Like 1

That's a good theory. I always thought the Wolves were a giant let down. So much buildup yet were nothing more than yet another group of nuts who came and went.

That's a gddamn tiger! Merc I think Negan pooped at least twice this episode so you kind of got your wish.