Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Bracket

The Walking Dead (TV Series)

2,364 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

RavenHawk
2 hours ago, F3SS said:

But it’s only been 3 or 4 years in the show. I’m not sure how anybody could develop a mutated gene in that time though I’m sure they’ve all had their share of walker blood get in their mouths and eyes so maybe.

I still think Carl is done and I don’t know how the show will end. Probably a time jump where Judith Grimes leads the new world.

What if the gene had already mutated and the genome project triggered a reaction in the pool?

Oh yeah, Carl is done.  I heard that Chandler's dad was pretty mad that his son was being written out.  I suppose that it all started with Tour of Duty...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
CrimsonKing

Damn the amount of time this thread went dormant,shows how repetitive and predictable this shows formula became over time...

BUT this season has been freaking AWESOME!

I never gave a crap about the shows popularity as a long time fan from the comics way back...but Gimple went WAY TOO LONG with the whole "introduce a new character,and later on when big things go down,explain middling characters background" as half of the BIG damn episode!

Can't remember the womans name who really took charge for this season as Gimple has been off working on a movie,but she has done a straight up BADASS job!

I want this show runner from now on!...

That scene and twist was ****ING AWESOME!!!

Seriously...the Governor,Wolves,Negan...

Nothing was as awesomly creepy and hauntingly screwed up as the "heads on the hill"....

That was done to perfection!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F3SS
6 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Damn the amount of time this thread went dormant,shows how repetitive and predictable this shows formula became over time...

BUT this season has been freaking AWESOME!

I never gave a crap about the shows popularity as a long time fan from the comics way back...but Gimple went WAY TOO LONG with the whole "introduce a new character,and later on when big things go down,explain middling characters background" as half of the BIG damn episode!

Can't remember the womans name who really took charge for this season as Gimple has been off working on a movie,but she has done a straight up BADASS job!

I want this show runner from now on!...

That scene and twist was ****ING AWESOME!!!

Seriously...the Governor,Wolves,Negan...

Nothing was as awesomly creepy and hauntingly screwed up as the "heads on the hill"....

That was done to perfection!!!

Man you read my mind. I had the same exact post gearing up. That was incredible and I'll not soon forget that scene. I thought the Whisperers were underplayed in the comics but geez oh man not on TV. Alpha is an absolute psychopath all of their scenes have taken the show from a violent thriller to some of the best horror I've seen in a long time.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F3SS

Also, when seeing Rosita popping out a bit this thought crossed my mind... What if the baby is stillborn? That would be some crazy territory to cover.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myles

I've been thinking about starting to watch it.   I've never seen an episode.   But, man, it may be too big of a commitment.   

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F3SS
30 minutes ago, Myles said:

I've been thinking about starting to watch it.   I've never seen an episode.   But, man, it may be too big of a commitment.   

Yeah you're pretty far behind lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
35 minutes ago, Myles said:

I've been thinking about starting to watch it.   I've never seen an episode.   But, man, it may be too big of a commitment.   

First three seasons or so are must see stuff, after that it's slowly gone downhill IMO. I actually have preferred Fear the Walking Dead more since it came out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myles
51 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Yeah you're pretty far behind lol

Same with Game of Thrones.   Hadn't seen it yet.    I guess I've got many shows in the bank for binge watching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsonKing
5 hours ago, Myles said:

I've been thinking about starting to watch it.   I've never seen an episode.   But, man, it may be too big of a commitment.   

You'd have to set aside some time for binge watching sessions lol

As Farmer said,but i'll expand it to the first 5 seasons were must watch television...

The next few seasons were ok but got really tiring on the overload of deep story telling that wasn't really needed...

For me personally,the whole Negan angle was botched...JD Morgan was the perfect pick to play him and all,but Gimples story telling style really dragged things down abit.

This season really could be another starting point though if you really wanted to start watching,this season could almost stand alone!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsonKing
5 hours ago, F3SS said:

Man you read my mind. I had the same exact post gearing up. That was incredible and I'll not soon forget that scene. I thought the Whisperers were underplayed in the comics but geez oh man not on TV. Alpha is an absolute psychopath all of their scenes have taken the show from a violent thriller to some of the best horror I've seen in a long time.

As i said to Myles,this season has kinda felt like a "reboot"...

Ricks and Carl's stories pretty much ending opened up a whole new chapter to the story...

Alpha is a whole different type of "evil leader" aswell!

I almost gave up and stopped watching after the previous season,hell i still havn't caught the first episode of this actual season that aired back in october lol

Really glad i didn't give up on it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F3SS
8 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

As i said to Myles,this season has kinda felt like a "reboot"...

Ricks and Carl's stories pretty much ending opened up a whole new chapter to the story...

Alpha is a whole different type of "evil leader" aswell!

I almost gave up and stopped watching after the previous season,hell i still havn't caught the first episode of this actual season that aired back in october lol

Really glad i didn't give up on it!

She makes all the other bad guys look corny. Except Negan, I think he's great and I think he has the perfect job coming up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsonKing
1 minute ago, F3SS said:

She makes all the other bad guys look corny. Except Negan, I think he's great and I think he has the perfect job coming up.

I really can't wait to see this play out!

Already know Michone and possibly Darryl are about to be going the way of Rick,so Negan's going to have to step up...this s***'s going to be great.

But the flow of the show this season has been a real breath of fresh air aswell,Gimples trademark needless low level character developement just to cram in more seasons/episodes was beyond tedious and stale...

I've enjoyed everything about this season!...looking forward to the next!

Wasn't it GREAT to have have such a HUGE payoff episode not be the seasons last episode and end as a cliffhanger?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F3SS
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I really can't wait to see this play out!

Already know Michone and possibly Darryl are about to be going the way of Rick,so Negan's going to have to step up...this s***'s going to be great.

But the flow of the show this season has been a real breath of fresh air aswell,Gimples trademark needless low level character developement just to cram in more seasons/episodes was beyond tedious and stale...

I've enjoyed everything about this season!...looking forward to the next!

Wasn't it GREAT to have have such a HUGE payoff episode not be the seasons last episode and end as a cliffhanger?

It sure was and now winter is coming. That's something they've never touched on. I wonder if they'll have to fight a White Walker!

PS: GoT reference

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsonKing
2 minutes ago, F3SS said:

It sure was and now winter is coming. That's something they've never touched on. I wonder if they'll have to fight a White Walker!

PS: GoT reference

Yeah no doubt...when Alpha was wearing the wig and told the King "i have a feeling this winter will be brutal" just hit the spot,in a evil sorta way :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.