Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your reaction towards advanced species

Beckys_Mom

ya know... There is a possibility that god created aliens after us, and they were the improved model. Maybe we were the slower paced experiment :devil:

So that would mean he thought more of them than he did us...making them evolve much faster and better than us???

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• Purplos

• rashore

• Dr. D

.......Question 2 - .....How would the religious feel towards these aliens?

My hypothetical guess would be, (only some sects though) if there was some scripture in the bible that couldn't be interpreted to say that they were on the g-d list, they would be religiously discriminated against.. IMO

Sounds almost possible...they could feel threatened and may even think they were sent by the devil himself to trick them?? lol

The difference between District 9 and Alien Nation. One, the aliens are segregated, the other they intergrate into our society. So which would we do in real life?

So that would mean he thought more of them than he did us...making them evolve much faster and better than us???

Not necessarily... Just different experiments at different development speeds. Maybe there's yet another alien planet with stuff moving even slower than us too :)

Not necessarily... Just different experiments at different development speeds. Maybe there's yet another alien planet with stuff moving even slower than us too :)

Love it...love it....you are making some great use of your imagination...that's the spirit

BUT it still doesn't explain who god made 1st........

Edited by Beckys_Mom

The difference between District 9 and Alien Nation. One, the aliens are segregated, the other they intergrate into our society. So which would we do in real life?

My guess, the extremly crazy religious nuts (as opposed to the normal religious nuts ;) ), would freak, start rambling about the end of the world, cause utter chaos and riots, leading us to destroy ourselves. All the while, the aliens are thinking, "Did we take a wrong turn at Pluto?"

Than again, what if it were like the ORIGINAL "The Day The Earth Stood Still"? Spaceship lands in a park, out comes a giant robot, and the military surrounds it (before getting to know their intentions).

On a more serious note, we'd more than likely scare them off.

I watched a DVD with my kid last night - Planet 51 ( from the makers of Shrek)

It was funny...

A human astronaut lands on what he thinks is an uninhibited planet ....you see him in his space suit...holding the American flag...walking slowly as if he was on the moon....and he plants the flag....he see’s the aliens there... they are in shock...and they freak out..

The aliens all think he is another alien who wants to take over their minds..turn them into mindless zombies and take over their world LMAO.... they also thought that they were the only living species in the universe... they had no idea that the universe was so big... they figured it was only 500 miles wide ha ha ..... :lol:

Watching them all run and freak out thinking the human was going to dissect their brains...use mind control and take over their planet.. was FUNNY...

It got me thinking....what if there are other species that do think they are the only living beings in the universe?? Just like mankind did??

If you really want to get hypothetical/philosophical, think about it from this point of view:

God creates the universe and creates millions of intelligent species throughout. Our souls are able to inhabit any of these species and our purpose is to learn and grow (kind of like a spiritual school). When we die, our soul returns to Heaven, and when we are ready we move on to a different species, reincarnate and experience different things. The reason for different species/cultures is so that we get a great variety of learning for our soul on its long journey. As for who God made first, perhaps he set evolution in place throughout the universe and based on the physical/chemical composition of the planet, whether or not there were any cataclysmic disasters like the dinosaurs; some species did rise first based on favorable conditions. On a side note (and totally unrelated) I wrote a short story years ago about life on Earth before the asteroid hit that killed the dinosaurs. It was told from the point of view of intelligent animals (specifically a zebra and a monkey who were friends). The asteroid ended up mutating the two into a giraffe and a human. Kind of silly, but for some reason it just popped into my head.

If you really want to get hypothetical/philosophical, think about it from this point of view:

God creates the universe and creates millions of intelligent species throughout. Our souls are able to inhabit any of these species and our purpose is to learn and grow (kind of like a spiritual school). When we die, our soul returns to Heaven, and when we are ready we move on to a different species, reincarnate and experience different things. The reason for different species/cultures is so that we get a great variety of learning for our soul on its long journey. As for who God made first, perhaps he set evolution in place throughout the universe and based on the physical/chemical composition of the planet, whether or not there were any cataclysmic disasters like the dinosaurs; some species did rise first based on favorable conditions. On a side note (and totally unrelated) I wrote a short story years ago about life on Earth before the asteroid hit that killed the dinosaurs. It was told from the point of view of intelligent animals (specifically a zebra and a monkey who were friends). The asteroid ended up mutating the two into a giraffe and a human. Kind of silly, but for some reason it just popped into my head.

I like it... great line of thinking.... So when we die...we reincarnate to other worlds...hmmmmmm intresting indeed... Even though many of us would rather see our loved ones when we die.... I still get your way of thinking... that was great thank you

If you have any other ideas... please do post them... the more idea you post... the better..........and your idea on the zebra and monkey to giraffe... brilliant...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Love it...love it....you are making some great use of your imagination...that's the spirit

BUT it still doesn't explain who god made 1st........

Hmmm, dunno. Guess in my book it don't matter, I don't need an explanation of who was made first, or where in the species creation chain humans fall. There was universe before humans, there will probably come a time when there is a universe with no humans anymore too. I don't take our place in history or the universe as any more or less favored than any other species that could exist on other planets. If it's god, he loves and cherishes all of his creations, regardless of where or when they were created. If it's multiple deities, they have multiple reasons for doing whatever they do. Probably has little to do with when we came to be, and more to do with what we have done with ourselves, or are planning to do.

So even though he made the aliens long before man.....he made man in hisimage and not the other living beings that came before us?

Why couldn't every sapient species be created in god's image? Why men and not aliens? Why aliens and not men?

If one species has souls or spirits, why not all of them?

I'm a bit with kystranger on this. I believe in reincarnation and see nothing that makes Earth the only place sapient, spirit-bearing entities could live.

If god is omnipresent as he is often described, and the universe is infinite, wouldn't this god need to be infinite as well, and thus encompass all possible planets and life forms?

Why couldn't every sapient species be created in god's image? Why men and not aliens? Why aliens and not men?

If one species has souls or spirits, why not all of them?

I'm a bit with kystranger on this. I believe in reincarnation and see nothing that makes Earth the only place sapient, spirit-bearing entities could live.

If god is omnipresent as he is often described, and the universe is infinite, wouldn't this god need to be infinite as well, and thus encompass all possible planets and life forms?

Indeed why? good points....WHY ? <-- the wolrds biggest question

I liked his thoughts on it too the reincarnation idea... .. Its amazing what a person can come up with the sec someone says - hey lets all use our imaginations and see what you make of this and that?............So far in this thread, I have seen so many do it...

I love threads like this...it really gets people to think

.......Question 1 - ......So........ just who or what did god really make in his image?

Which god? Maybe we made god in our own image.

Or is that "image" buried deep inside us, the light trapped into body and forced to follow a mission, if it remembers the image.

I think they would defend to their deaths that they had not been duped.

.......Question 3 - Would you all think it's just a trick and convince yourselves it is just that?

Hard to say. I believe they exist and are interacting with humans. I don't think I would think it is a trick. But the rest of the reaction would be dependent on the specifics of the situation.

Its amazing what a person can come up with the sec someone says - hey lets all use our imaginations and see what you make of this and that?.

Some of us came up with our own ideas well before you called upon us to use our imagination. :)

Some of us came up with our own ideas well before you called upon us to use our imagination. :)

I didnt in any way suggest you wouldnt have if it wernt for me...why would you think that??? I meant on a thread...getting people to pour out ideas and share them

Edited by Beckys_Mom

.......Question 1 - ......So........ just who or what did god really make in his image?

Which god? Maybe we made god in our own image.

Or is that "image" buried deep inside us, the light trapped into body and forced to follow a mission, if it remembers the image.

I think they would defend to their deaths that they had not been duped.

.......Question 3 - Would you all think it's just a trick and convince yourselves it is just that?

Hard to say. I believe they exist and are interacting with humans. I don't think I would think it is a trick. But the rest of the reaction would be dependent on the specifics of the situation.

Ok thanks...good answers.... so they are allready interacting with us?.... can you give me more on your idea with that?? much appreciate it cheers

Ok thanks...good answers.... so they are allready interacting with us?.... can you give me more on your idea with that?? much appreciate it cheers

B-Mom, I think you are just about as sweet as can be. But it would be extremely foolish to put why I think so here. Upon initiating the registration here, there were lots of throat-cutting people out there. I am not eager to give specifics when horrible people like that are around.

B-Mom, I think you are just about as sweet as can be. But it would be extremely foolish to put why I think so here. Upon initiating the registration here, there were lots of throat-cutting people out there. I am not eager to give specifics when horrible people like that are around.

Well then I have to respect that luvie... I don't wish to place you into a postition like that

I thought it was a cool idea of them interacting with us

Can I share with you a dream? promise it is short

My hubby and I ( years ago when we were just BF and GF ) ... one night there was a massive storm too dangerous for him to drive home...so my mom said he could stay but sleep seperate from me lol... so he does...but climbed on top of my bed regardless lol

Anyway he and I just fell asleep.....then something weird happened.......I had a dream where I saw alien craft fly over the top of my moms house.....I panicked and turned to Gary and said - Hey I am scared...I fear the goverment knowing I saw it and may take me in....!!

I woke Gary up from talking in my sleep... he woke me up to see if I was ok?

I told him of my dream...I was standing at the bottom of my garden ...looking up and could see the alien craft <--- in an instant...Gary's face went white...he froze.................I asked what was wrong???................he replied - Geri...I saw you in my dream...I saw you stand at the bottom of your garden looking up...I was behind you...looking at the aliens float by !!!!!!!!

:blink: Well that shocked me....how come we both were in the same dream, only looking at differnt things??.........Is that weird??

So I asked myself... is that a way alien life can contact us? make us feel we are dreaming??

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Theologians, whether they be Christian, Jewish or Islamic - all are in general agreement that being made in God's image is not a matter of physical likeness. It is known that God is a spirit entity, so he is certainly not a bipedal hominid. Add to that that it was "mankind" who was created in God's image, both male and female, it cannot be said that God has a particular gender (though he is given a masculine pronoun - certainly better than calling God an "it"). I could go into greater detail, but it would take us off topic, so I'll just leave it at this.

~ Regards, PA

The Catholic position is "The human body shares in the dignity of "the image of God": it is a human body precisely because it is animated by a spiritual soul, and it is the whole human person that is intended to become, in the body of Christ, a temple of the Spirit"

Indeed why? good points....WHY ? <-- the wolrds biggest question

I liked his thoughts on it too the reincarnation idea... .. Its amazing what a person can come up with the sec someone says - hey lets all use our imaginations and see what you make of this and that?............So far in this thread, I have seen so many do it...

I love threads like this...it really gets people to think

All planets exist on a multi dimensional level in that they have life existing in various levels of the past, present and future at the same time.

In the example of the earth, people are now living in what we know as our past but to them it is their present, waiting for humanity to progress to our level.

We live in our present and think that we know the past but it is only the past interpreted by us from the fossils and ruins constructed by those living in the past. In that past that is simultaneous to our present, people are hunters and nomadic for the most part and so they abandon places and move on and we view them as early settlements of prehistoric man.

If we play forward to a more recent past, we find people building the pyramids or studying in the Library of Alexandria who believe their present is the only existing plane of time. If we move forward again to another level, we find the great library destroyed but its destruction happened this morning in the time of the past.

We do not have the technology in our time level to physically go back and witness the past and so we base our history upon assumptions and opinions.

Those living in the higher planes of the future, however, have the technology and they are curious about what it was like in those eras long before their present. The move through space and time to witness first hand the events of their past and sometimes their curiosity leads them into our present and we exclaim that we have seen a UFO.

For those living in other

All planets exist on a multi dimensional level in that they have life existing in various levels of the past, present and future at the same time.

In the example of the earth, people are now living in what we know as our past but to them it is their present, waiting for humanity to progress to our level.

We live in our present and think that we know the past but it is only the past interpreted by us from the fossils and ruins constructed by those living in the past. In that past that is simultaneous to our present, people are hunters and nomadic for the most part and so they abandon places and move on and we view them as early settlements of prehistoric man.

If we play forward to a more recent past, we find people building the pyramids or studying in the Library of Alexandria who believe their present is the only existing plane of time. If we move forward again to another level, we find the great library destroyed but its destruction happened this morning in the time of the past.

We do not have the technology in our time level to physically go back and witness the past and so we base our history upon assumptions and opinions.

Those living in the higher planes of the future, however, have the technology and they are curious about what it was like in those eras long before their present. The move through space and time to witness first hand the events of their past and sometimes their curiosity leads them into our present and we exclaim that we have seen a UFO.

For those living in other

So past, present and future all exist at the same time? hmm now that is something to try and wrap my head around.....

EDIT - it time travel is possible...only time will tell

Edited by Beckys_Mom

name='Beckys_Mom' timestamp='1288362598' post='3634891']

MR Walker as the idea of the thread was hypothetical....meaning you are meant to view it as such and make a wider use of your own imagination....

lol one of the few times ive been criticised for LACKING imaginationI was giving my persoanl belief in response to your question about how man is formed in the image of god. Is the sapience which is the image of god.
So I ask you...since they were able to travel to our planet from great distances that man can't ...then it would be obvious they were around before man......more advanced than man...and not like humans at all....
sure id agree with all that but then im not a bbilical literalist There are many possibilities within a biblical parameter even with in a literal interpretationof the bible For example if other beings had not sinned who knows how advanced the ymight be now acting in accord with god. But thats not my interpretation I am an evolutionist who sees the bible as recognising other worlds ruled by a supreme being I have persoan evidence of tha t supremem being inmy own life so i must mix and match to make logicla sense I se no reason why "god" would not work with many other sapient beings of many differnt forms to uplift them , help them survive grow and prosper Humans apparently chose not to take gods path if you believe the bible yet god stil does wht he can for o\us with words of advice and practical help.

Its only human hubris tha t makes us think of ourselves as special even in biblical terms. Angels ae obviously far more advanced than humans, so why not other earlier forms of sapient life.

We are like the prodigal son or the lost sheep. Only special in that we were lost and then found. All the other sheep and the other family members were smarter and wiser, but joy is reserved fot those who are lost and found

So.....what if they believed that they were made in gods image?? <--and they were around long before we evolved...remember you must be able to think on a wider scale and not base it on how you see things as you do now....

Well, that is what i do "believe." No more made, than humans were made but in gods image as sapient evolved creatures. You see i fibd god to be a spapient being and thus an evolved being. Sapience is a product of growth devlopment learning and evolutin so god mus thave evolved also :innocent:

I dont believe god sprang into existence self created, or has always existed. That would be illogical and irrational. :innocent:

I can see a future where humans are indistinguishable from god, and serve the same purpose as god does for other evolving sapient beings. Part of gods purpose (i suspect) is to help us survive, and evolve, and become wise enough, to fill that role.

I didnt in any way suggest you wouldnt have if it wernt for me...why would you think that???

Oh I'm sorry. In many of your threads I noticed you said the :) at the end showed you were joking. I figured you'd recognize that in my post as well.

Since there was some confusion on your part, I was joking.

:)

This topic is purely hypothetical...<-- hope you can bare this in mind lol

ALIENS

Many say aliens are or could be – the advanced species...more advanced than we are as humans

Lets say we found alien craft landed here on earth...( before area 51 found out lol)..... and we learned they were in fact more advanced than us...well they would need to more advanced than us if there were able to travel the great distance from our world

As they were able to travel from distant planets...then it would be obvious that they were indeed created before us......to add they also do not look as human as we do

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I will answer as if I was a believer. I have studied so I think I can do it ok.

The image of God is our ablility to think and create, the form is secondary. So any rational creature is made in the image and likeness of God.

Most that I know, would not mind, in fact some expect one day for Earth to be contacted.

Well if they showed us some of their technology that would help to believe.

doug

I like it... great line of thinking.... So when we die...we reincarnate to other worlds...hmmmmmm intresting indeed... Even though many of us would rather see our loved ones when we die.... I still get your way of thinking... that was great thank you

If you have any other ideas... please do post them... the more idea you post... the better..........and your idea on the zebra and monkey to giraffe... brilliant...

John Hick wrote about that http://www.johnhick.org.uk/jsite/

doug