Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your reaction towards advanced species

Beckys_Mom

If circumstances were such that I could ask them questions, I would ask them what they think our world culture most needs to know at this point in time.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• Purplos

• rashore

• regeneratia

This topic is purely hypothetical...<-- hope you can bare this in mind lol

ALIENS

Many say aliens are or could be – the advanced species...more advanced than we are as humans

Lets say we found alien craft landed here on earth...( before area 51 found out lol)..... and we learned they were in fact more advanced than us...well they would need to more advanced than us if there were able to travel the great distance from our world

As they were able to travel from distant planets...then it would be obvious that they were indeed created before us......to add they also do not look as human as we do

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

.......Question 1 - ......So........ just who or what did god really make in his image?

.......Question 2 - .....How would the religious feel towards these aliens?

.......Question 3 - Would you all think it's just a trick and convince yourselves it is just that?

I'm not sure how to answer these, but i will give it a shot :P

Question 1: Being an Atheist myself this question wouldn't pop up in my mind.

Question 2: It depends on which religion each person was. I know Islam is open to the idea of aliens, so they are going to feel a bit different from those who don't. Being raised Roman Catholic, I was told there weren't aliens. Based on that, I think Christianity would have a harder time, as would others that state there are no beings from other worlds.

Question 3: This all depends on what the aliens actions are upon landing. In this day and age we can show almost anything on screen. What would have to happen to prove they were really extraterrestrials from another world would be tangible evidence. Just seeing it on television doesn't do too much for me. If I was there when they landed, I might be more inclined to believe they are aliens. A showing in person of their technology with actual results would be a start. Studies of their anatomy and DNA would be another step ;)

Edited by Astyanax

Should such a situation occur, I imagine it would depend entirely on the intentions of said aliens. If they came waging war, no doubt they would be deemed demons. If they came in peace and brought prosperity, most mainstream religions would work their existence into their philosophy somehow.

This topic is purely hypothetical...<-- hope you can bare this in mind lol

ALIENS

Many say aliens are or could be – the advanced species...more advanced than we are as humans

Lets say we found alien craft landed here on earth...( before area 51 found out lol)..... and we learned they were in fact more advanced than us...well they would need to more advanced than us if there were able to travel the great distance from our world

As they were able to travel from distant planets...then it would be obvious that they were indeed created before us......to add they also do not look as human as we do

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

.......Question 1 - ......So........ just who or what did god really make in his image?

.......Question 3 - Would you all think it's just a trick and convince yourselves it is just that?

Hi BM,

I just saw this topic now, so sorry for the delay in replying... :lol:

Who or what did god really make in his image?

Personally everything points to the idea that this is directly connected to Mans rulership on this planet. The actual word image can also be intended to convey ideas like "Representative" or "Embassador".

For a more complete explanation see HERE

How would the religious feel towards these aliens?

That would depend primarily on their actions rather than their words, if we are to go by their actions then they are not so advanced ethically as they are technically. At this time the religious community sees these events with suspicion especially since some of the more respecatble Ufologists like Jacques Vallee state that we may not be dealing with an interplanetary civilization at all but rather an interdimensional one.

Whoever is perpetrating such abductions, human or non-human, they are violent violations of human rights. This answer of course tells you that I don't think all the people who have claimed to be the victim of alien abduction are lying. Actually, I think many, perhaps even a majority, are telling the truth. That doesn't mean, though, that I think the perpetrators are really aliens like we have come to think of that term (as in, a physical being from a different planet who has a determinate lifespan, must eat and drink, must reproduce to further its species, etc.). I think "real" abductions (whatever isn't a hoax) are actually several things, but I can't put percentages on the options:

(1) abductions by military personnel who implant an alien screen memory into the victim's mind, using technology that has been known (and further developed) since the 70s;

(2) abductions where the victim's mind replaces their actual traumatizer with the alien - traumatization where the victim responds by what is known in psychology as dissociation - what used to be called multiple personality disorder);

(3) ritual traumatization by cults or other groups for the purpose of deliberately producing "alters" (deliberately inducing psychological dissociation);

(4) harassment and physical abuse on the part of a demonic entity;

(5) harassment of physical abuse by some entity manufactured by a demonic entity. I haven't seen any evidence that undeniably points to a truly alien perpetrator (as in the above definition) or some sort of breeding program. I am well aware of the work of Professor David Jacobs (Temple University) on the subject, but what I'd need to believe we were really dealing with aliens would be some sort of hybrid offspring --tested and verified by a credible laboratory. All we really have are memories (mostly derived via hypnosis but not always) of sincere, mentally healthy people (the major studies on abductions have found no mental deficiencies in most abductees. I need more than memories. Yes, I believe these people are being truthful - something DID happen to them, and something physical in many cases. I don't believe it's aliens.

Frankly, the best research on this issue in my mind still comes from the 1992 MIT conference on alien abductions and the work of Jacques Vallee and John Keel. I think the best explanation for the alien abduction issue is that we're dealing with an inter-dimensional (i.e., spiritual) reality here - one that can manifest in truly physical form - and not beings from another planet. Several scholars and scientists at the alien abduction conference at MIT in 1992 presented research that provides literally dozens of parallels between the abduction experience and ritual abuse and satanic ritual abuse.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, chances are it's a duck (or in this case, some sort of demonic manifestation). Please note I don't base this conclusion on any self-styled Christian perspective. The UFO community's own (non-Christian) researchers have convinced me that it's evil and satanic (and people like John Keel use those terms; I'm not supplying them). Yes, I know many abductees later feel "good" about their experience, but many don't. In my mind, this psychological coping is actually an argument for the spiritual nature of the whole event.

For the sake of argument, if genuine aliens are the culprits, then (at best) they are guilty of human rights abuses and violent criminal acts. This is hardly enlightened behavior. I have had abduction researchers use the "polar bear" argument to defend the aliens here. The argument seeks to strike an analogy between what aliens are doing to people and what we do to animals, say polar bears, when we drug them, tag them, and study them. When we research animals, they are traumatized, we act against their will (it isn't voluntary), but we mean well. I understand people wanting to defend the alien like this, because if it's just about evil then that's hard to cope with--the experience is then stripped of its "meaning" to the experiencer and they are nothing but victims, pure and simple. Without getting into how that response is not theologically warranted (any victimization can have ultimate, positive meaning), let me respectfully say I'm not buying the analogy. The analogy breaks down because the polar bear can't let the scientist know that they consider what's done to them immoral and a violation of their rights. We can--and if abduction literature has told us anything, it's that the aliens are supposedly enlightened spiritual beings who can read our thoughts and DO know how we feel. We as humans develop an intuitive sense that just traumatizing a "lesser" creature is morally wrong, and we have used our technology and inner moral compass to help other species by other means. Why can't these unimaginably superior beings do the same? What Jacques Vallee said years ago still rings true:

"The 'medical examination' to which abductees are said to be subjected, often accompanied by sadistic sexual manipulation, is reminiscent of the medieval tales of encounters with demons. It makes no sense in a sophisticated or technical framework: any intelligent being equipped with the scientific marvels that UFOs possess would be in a position to achieve any of these alleged scientific objectives in a shorter time and with fewer risks"

(Dr. Jacques Vallee, Confrontations, p. 13).

Source: Dr. Michael S Heisers' faq based on reports from the Proceedings of the Abduction Study Conference Held at M.I.T. Cambridge.

Would you all think it's just a trick and convince yourselves it is just that?

No it's no trick, but it isn't also what most people expect.

Here is an interesting study that you might want to read as well, just for the sake of curiosity...

Is the Idea of Intelligent Extraterrestrial Life Compatible with Conservative Judaism & Christian.pdf

Another interesting article that will make you think, if you are interested...

The rise of the Watchers

Edited by Jor-el

1. Any rational creature, no matter what their form would be made in God's image. The ability to create, choose, are the qualities to look for.

2. They would be brothers, rational creatures, endowed with a soul and they to would be signs of God's presense.

3. I would welcome it.

Peace

mark