Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prince William and Kate Middleton

Persia

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Persia

• Space Commander Travis

• Beckys_Mom

• Still Waters

well if they do wed lets hope they live happily ever after. good people deserve all the luck in the world.

• 3 weeks later...

Prince William is to marry Kate Middleton next year, Clarence House has said.

William, second in line to the throne, will marry in London next spring or summer and live in north Wales where he is serving with the RAF.

The couple, who are both 28, became engaged in October during a private holiday in Kenya.

They began dating eight years ago while studying at St Andrews University in Fife, where they shared a house.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11765422

Good for him, she looks like a real go-er

:sleepy:

Do some people still care about the royals? There is no need for them, and they cost an awful lot of money.

You are in Germany,it will not cost you anything. :rolleyes:

Well, not directly, maybe indirectly.

But that wasn't my point. I really wonder why people care about Royals. Not only the English, but Swedish, Dutch, etc.. They used to rule us, but now they are just useless. But also loved by many. I don't understand, and would really like to know why.

And because I am in Germany, I can't state when I consider something a waste of money?

Edited by FLOMBIE

But that wasn't my point. I really wonder why people care about Royals. Not only the English, but Swedish, Dutch, etc.. They used to rule us, but now they are just useless. But also loved by many.

And because I am in Germany, I can't state when I consider something a waste of money?

Sir,You can say what you want! :)

This is a personal thing/opinion,it's like those who are left-wing political parties,i do not understand them! why they live still in Europe? why not go to live in North Korea or Cuba?ihave so many questions of those things you can not imagine! and as i said, this is a personal thing/opinion, there is no answer!

Viva el Rey. . . king.gif

I believe there is a distinct difference between having a certain political view, and cheering for a small group of people who have no real power or are even necessary, but are accepted as being "better" than the "regular" population. There must be a reason for it, it's not just a personal thing.

For your question, that goes very much off topic, but I don't understand your point at all.

Edited by FLOMBIE

Do some people still care about the royals? There is no need for them, and they cost an awful lot of money.

says the German....?!?!?!? :blink:

Whether you're a fan of the royal family or not, I think it's nice to get some light hearted news for a change, and good luck to them both I say. It's sad that Lady Diana isn't still alive to see her son get married, and I'm sure he is thinking the same.

Whether you're a fan of the royal family or not, I think it's nice to get some light hearted news for a change, and good luck to them both I say. It's sad that Lady Diana isn't still alive to see her son get married, and I'm sure he is thinking the same.

You are so right Ma'am.

Yeah..i was thinking about Lady Di too... she was gorgeous,a lovely lady... R I P

I shall have to get a new Hat to celebrate.

And so do elected Politicians. And frankly, the Royals do a lot less harm than that lot.

What would be the advantage in ousting them? Who would they be replaced by? Either a figurehead president, with no actual power (so no change from the current situation in practical terms), or some Politician. How would anyone be better off there?

But that wasn't my point. I really wonder why people care about Royals. Not only the English, but Swedish, Dutch, etc.. They used to rule us, but now they are just useless. But also loved by many. I don't understand, and would really like to know why.

I think that Germany might be a prime example of how replacing a monarchy doesn't always necessarily lead to an improvement, wouldn't you say ... ? (See also USSR, perhaps.)

Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg says the country will be thrilled to hear that Prince William and Kate Middleton are engaged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2jXBskeeiA

LOL See? The Politicians trying to grab some publicity, even on a matter that's nothing at all to do with them.

Edited by 747400

Oh great, guess i need to get my cash out without being asked now :angry2:

A lovely night.... Congragulations to all english people :) . This is loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... A new era... Ohhhhh Yes ! :tu:

Prime Minister David Cameron has spoken about the Royal Wedding next year between Prince William and Kate Middleton next spring or summer after the couple became engaged in Kenya, Clarence House announces.

I got a tiny bit of British blood in me. But I'm happy for Prince William and soon to be Princess Kate. Hope they have a happy life together.

William & Kate Interview

I am chuffed to bits, personally.

My Mum is not. Her thoughts on it were "Another one WE have to pay for!" and reckons Kate Midddleton had him in her sights from the word go and engineered it from the word go.

She may be right, but we've been right and wrong about people equally, so the jury's out on this one between us.

The only thing that makes me think my Mother is right- is that nowhere in that interview does the word 'love' come out. She hints as excited, but it's like she's contained, bless her.

Interviewer deficiency, maybe. Protocol. But heyyy...c'mon!! You're engaged!!

It's a simple enough question..."What do you love about Catherine?"

Not breaking national security, surely, and would have made it seem not so stuffy as it was.

I think she's charming, actually. Warm and fun. But a little staid, which is not her fault at all.

Edited by sarah snow

_49545534_hi003304412.jpg

My lord.

I like the way they speculatively put a date on the bottom to fill in later: "Month Date 200?" Darn! They're going to have to remake them all now!