Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prince William and Kate Middleton

Persia

And so do elected Politicians. And frankly, the Royals do a lot less harm than that lot.

What would be the advantage in ousting them? Who would they be replaced by? Either a figurehead president, with no actual power (so no change from the current situation in practical terms), or some Politician. How would anyone be better off there?

We'd be better off if we ditched Monarchy as a concept altogether. The British Royal family is the absolute worst.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Persia

• Space Commander Travis

• Beckys_Mom

• Still Waters

We'd be better off if we ditched Monarchy as a concept altogether. The British Royal family is the absolute worst.

I'm sure there's worst monarchies in the world than the British. I mean they're really just figureheads now. Do they actually have any real power anymore? More importantly do they actually do that power?

Prince William Gives Kate Middleton Princess Diana’s Engagement Ring

That's nice, Dodi Fayed would have been the last person before Kate to have had their finger in Diana's ring.

That's nice, Dodi Fayed would have been the last person before Kate to have had their finger in Diana's ring.

Wow ! thank you so much for giving us this information Sir .

Do you disagree? i would have thought he had tried it on many times.

Sir,the question is not that i agree with you or not but now you can not talk about these issues,just is not good ! just get in place of Prince William,you wish someone would do this to you?talk about the past all the time ?

I'm sure your answer is no.

Sir,the question is not that i agree with you or not but now you can not talk about these issues,just is not good ! just get in place of Prince William,you wish someone would do this to you?talk about the past all the time ?

I'm sure your answer is no.

I'm not sure if William frequents these boards? but as i can see you find it upsetting i'll post no more on the subject, and do apologise.

I'm not sure if William frequents these boards? but as i can see you find it upsetting i'll post no more on the subject, and do apologise.

We can talk about that (Dodi and Diana) in another thread... thank you :) .

I couldn't give a toss if the rich gits all disappeared tomorrow.More of my damned money to marry 'em....and then the spawn they produce...they'll have to be paid for too.To hell with the whole lot of 'em.

Most of the cost of the Royal wedding will be met by the Prince of Wales' Cornwall estates - only the security costs will be borne by the taxpayer (as it would be if a president's daughter was to be married). So instead of hounding one family merely because of their status, let's tackle the money wastage at its greatest point shall we? If you object to paying for 'spawn' as you so elegantly put it, why not direct your displeasure in the direction of the breeding habits of thousands of lazy, free-loading oiks who have rarely done a day's work in their lives and are absolutely of no use or ornament.

An excellent example.......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1333784/Unemployed-father-10-Keith-Macdonald-having-4-children.html

.....or is he OK because he's not a 'rich git'?

Who pays politicians' wages? It comes from the taxpayer, surely, doens't it. A lot of them have other jobs on the side and so on, but they still get a salary, don't they, i believe. Now, i don't know if that comes to more or less than the amount Joe Public contributes towards the royal family, but I do know who causes a darn sight more harm.

:sleepy:

There is no need for them, and they cost an awful lot of money.

No, they don't cost a lot of money.

The Monarchy costs each British person just 62p per year. 62p. It's the cost of one chocolate bar. A republic - such as yours in Germany - will be far more expensive than our Monarchy.

Well, not directly, maybe indirectly.

But that wasn't my point. I really wonder why people care about Royals. Not only the English, but Swedish, Dutch, etc.. They used to rule us, but now they are just useless. But also loved by many. I don't understand, and would really like to know why.

And because I am in Germany, I can't state when I consider something a waste of money?

The Constitutional Monarchy is not useless. I my view, it's the best system of governance there is. Put it this way - the British people are lucky because they don't have a goddam politician as their Head of State. I'd rather it be that way.

And monarchy provides something else that a republic doesn't - continuity. Whereas a republic changes its Head of State every few years, a monarchy has the same Head of State for decades, making it easier for the people to have an established figurehead to rally around in the good times and the bad. Incredibly, Britain has the same Head of State now as it did back in 1952, when the British people when still suffering foord rationing.

Another advantage that a monarchy has its its pomp and ceremony which boring republics don't have much of. And it's a great tourist draw. Just think of all that money that the hundreds of thousands of tourists from alla cross the world will bring to Britain when they come to see the pomp and cremony for next year's royal wedding.

And the other advantage that I can think of is that, contary to popular belief, Britain's constituional monarchy is very cheap, costing each person just 62p - the cost of a chocolate bar - each year. It no doubt costs the German taxpayer much more than that to fund Germany's republic. The Americam President's Air Force One alone costs more each year than the entire British monarchy.

Edited by Blackwhite

but are accepted as being "better" than the "regular" population. There must be a reason for it, it's not just a personal thing.

I doubt that there's many people in Britain who see the royals as being "better" than ordinary people. We just love the Queen - she's very popular - and a recent poll found just 19% of the British people want the country to become a republic.

People just don't seem to be too keen on having a politician as Head of State, especially in the light of the recent expenses scandal.

Sigh.........yep

When I heard it on the news...( all freaking day and night long...for it was the only darn thing reported ).........I just siged and thought...so what??? People get married every day..and this is a bigger deal cuz..ohh right they are ROYAL

Watching that interview was sickening.... she sounded sooooooo posh it seemed as though it was all tapped on...she sounded more hoity tioty than William...

We don't care what you think of something as insignificant as the way that the future Queen Catherine speaks. I'm just happy that whilst your country sinks under a mountain of debt and is going cap in hand to the IMF, we have the national feelgood factor of a royal wedding which will lift the nation - and royal weddings, and jubilees, DO lift the nation. And republics just don't have the opportunity to have such feelgood factors.

It's also been said that the royal wedding - which may be watched by over 1 billion people worldwide - will do wonders for "Brand Britain."

In my view, many of those people who live in republics who say daft things about, and criticise, Britain's monarchy are just jealous because they have a plain and boring republic led by mainly unpopular presidents, PMs or chancellors.

Edited by Blackwhite