Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prince William and Kate Middleton

Persia

I appreciate not everyone is a fan of the royals but for those who aren't, why come in here just to bad mouth them and post negative comments in an otherwise lighthearted thread which others are trying to enjoy? :hmm:

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Persia

• Space Commander Travis

• Beckys_Mom

• Still Waters

I appreciate not everyone is a fan of the royals but for those who aren't, why come in here just to bad mouth them and post negative comments in an otherwise lighthearted thread which others are trying to enjoy?

Very well said .Thank you so much . :tu:

I appreciate not everyone is a fan of the royals but for those who aren't, why come in here just to bad mouth them and post negative comments in an otherwise lighthearted thread which others are trying to enjoy? :hmm:

Agreed.

Personally, I have to say I think there were more important things to cover on the news, but I think it was enjoyable to see. It was indeed refreshing to see something nice in the for a change, and I admit it was cute and interesting to watch. If you don't like it, no need to be a sourpuss and bring everyone else down.

and I admit it was cute and interesting to watch. If you don't like it, no need to be a sourpuss and bring everyone else down.

Another great comment.. Thank you B) .

To show how much smarter they are than the rest of us mindless serfs of course.

Hi Persia,

My God-daughter's fiancee is one of the Horse Guards in the procession!:tsu:

This is very good one ... B) .

I really just dont get it. I mean was this wedding really paid for by the tax payers? I would be infuriated if I had to spend a single cent on this. Its not as though they dont have enough money to pay for it themselfs. I really dont get peoples obsession with royalty, or rich people. Its like here in the states. People litteraly go wild over TMZ. I mean why would anyone care who Brad Pit had lunch with on some idol Tuesday? But this is even worse. Why are people ok with thier tax dollars going to people who dont serve the country in anyway, just so they can continue to live a lavish life 99.5% of the world could never hope to acheive? Its litteraly throwing money down the drain. Especialy in these times when the world is "one crisis away" from a total economic melt down. Whats even worse is people actualy defend it, and talk about it like it brings them happyness. :mellow:

I really just dont get it. I mean was this wedding really paid for by the tax payers? I would be infuriated if I had to spend a single cent on this. Its not as though they dont have enough money to pay for it themselfs. I really dont get peoples obsession with royalty, or rich people. Its like here in the states. People litteraly go wild over TMZ. I mean why would anyone care who Brad Pit had lunch with on some idol Tuesday? But this is even worse. Why are people ok with thier tax dollars going to people who dont serve the country in anyway, just so they can continue to live a lavish life 99.5% of the world could never hope to acheive? Its litteraly throwing money down the drain. Especialy in these times when the world is "one crisis away" from a total economic melt down. Whats even worse is people actualy defend it, and talk about it like it brings them happyness. :mellow:

I felt a lot of people went overboard ... I saw a few women on the news...crying with joy.. and it got sickening.. "Ohh look look.. she is holding her fathers hand ever so tightly"...OMG look how William looks at her.. OMG I wanna cry... I am so happy..Im in so much debt,I just had my car reprocessed... but this just makes it allllllllll better ..."ohh LOOK there she is...look at her dress.. ohhh magic...it just lifted my bad cold clean away...my chest infection went when I saw them make their 1st kiss!".........Oh wow I just lost my family buisiness, haven't told my missus yet, kids may have to do without.. but watching them both look at eachother...and OMG her beautiful dress, I hear was worth 250,000...but I was only too glad I got to pay out towards it...it made my day!"!:cry::wub:

Ok I am taking the mickey out of it there... but listening to them going on and over reacting.. almost brought my dinner up...twice !:huh:

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I really just dont get it. I mean was this wedding really paid for by the tax payers? I would be infuriated if I had to spend a single cent on this. Its not as though they dont have enough money to pay for it themselfs. I really dont get peoples obsession with royalty, or rich people. Its like here in the states. People litteraly go wild over TMZ. I mean why would anyone care who Brad Pit had lunch with on some idol Tuesday? But this is even worse. Why are people ok with thier tax dollars going to people who dont serve the country in anyway, just so they can continue to live a lavish life 99.5% of the world could never hope to acheive?

Perhaps that's one reason why; because they're not elected, and they don't claim to be "democratic" or to "serve the people" or any of the rest of it. The amount that's spent on the royal family in a year, I seem to recall reading somewhere, (rhough to be fair i don't know if this came out of the normal budget, or whether it was extra) is about equivalent to the cost of 32 hours membership of the EU, for instance.

Perhaps that's one reason why; because they're not elected, and they don't claim to be "democratic" or to "serve the people" or any of the rest of it. The amount that's spent on the royal family in a year, I seem to recall reading somewhere, (rhough to be fair i don't know if this came out of the normal budget, or whether it was extra) is about equivalent to the cost of 32 hours membership of the EU, for instance.

Perhaps thats one reason why what?? That they get to live one of the most lavish life styles on the planet on tax payers money? Cause they do nothing for the country what so ever? Dont get me wrong, If you are happy about keeping them rich outta your pocket, simply for the sake of keeping them extremly wealthy, then more power to ya. Im just glad Im not paying for it, cause id be p***ed.

I felt a lot of people went overboard ... I saw a few women on the news...crying with joy.. and it got sickening.. "Ohh look look.. she is holding her fathers hand ever so tightly"...OMG look how William looks at her.. OMG I wanna cry... I am so happy..Im in so much debt,I just had my car reprocessed... but this just makes it allllllllll better ..."ohh LOOK there she is...look at her dress.. ohhh magic...it just lifted my bad cold clean away...my chest infection went when I saw them make their 1st kiss!".........Oh wow I just lost my family buisiness, haven't told my missus yet, kids may have to do without.. but watching them both look at eachother...and OMG her beautiful dress, I hear was worth 250,000...but I was only too glad I got to pay out towards it...it made my day!"!:cry::wub:

Ok I am taking the mickey out of it there... but listening to them going on and over reacting.. almost brought my dinner up...twice !:huh:

LOL, great post BM. :tu:

Perhaps thats one reason why what?? That they get to live one of the most lavish life styles on the planet on tax payers money? Cause they do nothing for the country what so ever? Dont get me wrong, If you are happy about keeping them rich outta your pocket, simply for the sake of keeping them extremly wealthy, then more power to ya. Im just glad Im not paying for it, cause id be p***ed.

person per year, Buckingham Palace accounts revealed today.

The total cost of keeping the monarchy in the last financial year rose by 4.2 per cent to £37.4 million,( $56.3 million USA dollars) royal accountants said

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1LcHK4oPC

Charlies paid for the wedding.. but the British tax payer had to pay 20 million pounds ( $32.7 million US Dollars) for their security

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Agreed.

Personally, I have to say I think there were more important things to cover on the news, but I think it was enjoyable to see. It was indeed refreshing to see something nice in the for a change, and I admit it was cute and interesting to watch. If you don't like it, no need to be a sourpuss and bring everyone else down.

I don't challenge their right to a big expensive society wedding,there are plenty of other mega rich that spend fortunes on their big day.It's just this over the top extravaganza that closed down most of the country's industry in a time of recession.It doesn't show any thought for the hell of a mess the countrys' finances are in,and the resulting poverty.

I'm quite aware that keeping these people in the manner to which they're accustomed doesn't cost a lot per capita of the population.But I'd rather see this sum...along with the tens of millions spent on ridiculous wars... spent on Cancer research and heart disease....I wonder how many thousands would be kept alive today and tomorrow if it was?

I don't challenge their right to a big expensive society wedding,there are plenty of other mega rich that spend fortunes on their big day.It's just this over the top extravaganza that closed down most of the country's industry in a time of recession.

Did they? I thought Margaret Thatcher did that years ago. Heavens, the Economy could take a few hours off from the relentless generation of wealth for foreign multinationals, couldn't it? Back in the old days, whole towns and cities would take a whole week off when it was the local fair and what have you.

Did they? I thought Margaret Thatcher did that years ago. Heavens, the Economy could take a few hours off from the relentless generation of wealth for foreign multinationals, couldn't it? Back in the old days, whole towns and cities would take a whole week off when it was the local fair and what have you.

Fighting poverty... there is no time off..

Fighting poverty... there is no time off..

Are you a superhero? :lol:

Are you a superhero? :lol:

Yea... I fight Viral infections....!!!

Yea... I fight Viral infections....!!!

... Yeah... I... Just... :whistle:

I came upon the greatest UM post I ever read. :tu: I can't agree with you more, Becky's Mom! :P

I believe president Obama is imitating the British mood of last week's Royal wedding in the USA announced (not in unisom): "Happy Happy Joy Joy! we captured Osama bin Laden and let's feel good too". :w00t: Americans without work or lost their homes are celebrating in a jubilee of our own. It's a tactic alright in a deep recession.

Prince William is second in line to the British crown, so the marriage ceremony was not a state holiday and no civil leaders can attend without invitation by her majesty Queen Elizabeth II. I heard the Middleton family are Americans, Kate was an expatriate originally from New York city. It's kinda like the British and USA merged, though love can unite us no matter what nationality we are. :wub:

Edited by Makoto Jupiter

I came upon the greatest UM post I ever read. :tu: I can't agree with you more, Becky's Mom! :P

Yup, the repo man is at the door... please don't take my TV until I have seen William kiss Kate...!!tongue.gif

Prince William is second in line to the British crown, so the marriage ceremony was not a state holiday and no civil leaders can attend without invitation by her majesty Queen Elizabeth II. I heard the Middleton family are Americans, Kate was an expatriate originally from New York city. It's kinda like the British and USA merged, though love can unite us no matter what nationality we are. :wub:

Email that to Obama's administration... see if that can boost the spirits of the Americans... not only have we got Bin Laden... but extra boost - Kate Middleton's family are yanks...so come on people... lets get back to a more positive attitude... forget about your troubles and hardships for now...lets chant - YES WE CAN once morew00t.gif

Just messing lol tongue.gif

I thought the Royal Wedding was a great occasion and made me very proud to be British. Us British are the best in the world when it comes to pomp and ceremony. It is something we do well. And we wouldn't have this great pomp and ceremony, which attracted 2 billion people around the world who watched it on TV, if we were a boring republic.

Also, Wills and Kate are two very nice people, as those who meet them testify. They are very popular with the British public, who want them, rather than Charles, to become King and Queen after Elizabeth II. And since William went back to work as a Sea King rescue helicopter pilot after he got married he has taken part in another three rescue missions, including a man who got stranded on a mountain in Snowdonia.

Edited by Blackwhite

Still Waters, on 01 May 2011 - 02:14 PM, said:

I appreciate not everyone is a fan of the royals but for those who aren't, why come in here just to bad mouth them and post negative comments in an otherwise lighthearted thread which others are trying to enjoy?

Don't worry. Republicans, according to every poll that has been taken in recent years, are very much the minority in the UK. They are an endangered species in Britain and come to internet threads such as this to vent their spleen with other republicans on how "evil" the royals are because the internet is one of the few places where British republicans know they are easily going to find other like-minded people.

The other species of anti-royals are those who come from outside Britain and are from republics. They are jealous of us because we have a great and ancient institution that is infinitely more interesting than any boring republic and they secretly wish their country was a republic, but they'd never admit it, so instead come onto discussion forums to tell us how evil royals are and demand that Britain should become a republic, even though it has nothing to do with them how Britain is governed. These ones tell you that they hadn't watched the Royal Wedding and instead were outside mowing the lawn or mending the car when we all know that they sat their drooling over every minute of it wishing their country had Royal Weddings.

Edited by Blackwhite