Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

For Paranormal researchers

Sakari

I think that is a very interesting idea RAGE.. In retrospect, I'm a little surprised that the cool zapper globe has not been more included before now. Not being snarky.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sakari

• Sulleymon

• ~TheBigK~

• rashore

I think the newer ones do this through some type of chemical reaction but the older ones actually had some type of energy flowing through it, like a mini Tesla in a globe.

as a tattoo artist, i use a handheld electro-magnet everyday. maybe that could cause a few spikes in some of the paranormal EMF fields, eh?

I watch a lot of the Ghost Adventures , Ghost Hunters , etc. ( only for my own form of entertainment , not that I believe any of it )...

Every show , and also , every site I see , people talk about equipment being "drained"....Batteries being drained , etc...Saying " they" need energy to " materialise"......

I was watching a recent episode of Ghost Adventures, where they were exploring an old hospital. There was one point when one of the investigators claimed to encounter a full bodied apparition of a woman. At the exact second before he saw the figure, his camera suddenly malfunctioned and froze up. Now, I know this is TV and all, and could have been cleverly edited to add to the drama, but I must say, the reaction of this guy, captured by another operator in the adjoining room, looked to me like pure unbridaled fear. It did not come across as acting (and if these guys are acting in most of the scenes, they are doing a pretty crappy job of it!), but honestly seemed that this guy had the living daylights scared out of him. It just seemed like that kind of reaction would have been hard to fake. Whether this lends these type of shows any credibility I don't know, but it was a pretty intense moment!

ghost adventures had a live episode about a year ago where they used a "spirit box" in an asylum. it was like a huge plexi-glass box with a large amount of electricity going through it...lemme see if i can figure out the episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWzqDeK5yU8 go to about 6:30 or 7:50

Only thing that i could figure out for tv shows is that they either make it up or that they have equipment problems (on and off the set). If you watched the show "ghost hunters" (at least the first two seasons) a member of the group named Brian would mess up by forgetting to bring equipment and even confessed on a few episodes that he forgot to charge up the batteries.

Second is if you leave your machine on (example a camera) and you don't power it down, your batteries will drain faster. So when you are walking around in the dark, you are more likely focusing on trying catching paranormal activity than look at the power meter of the camera.

Now from my retail experience not all cameras and camcorders or recorders have a major power indicator icon on the camera. On most cameras you get a power level indicator that gives you about 3 or 4 warnings.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:DJL9kS0uSkmXZM:http://www.velocitek.com/assets/files/manuals/SC-1/SC-1_2_2F/battery_indicator.gif&t=1

In number one of the pic show the battery is fully charged, What it really means it's fully charged or almost fully charged (please note that after use the battery life shrinks down, example is a new battery for a canon camera lasts roughly 2 hours but after constant use it will lose that 2 hour charge. So let's say in 6 months time from using it every day the battery now only lasts for an hour and 15 minutes, even though it can now only hold an hour and 15 minutes, when you charge up the battery to full the the icon will say it's fully charged but with only an hour and 15 minutes life) .

There's many logical ways to explain it but I personally never had a experience of power drain on my zune touch when I brought it with me when I go ghost hunting with "people" and they suddenly make that claim.

Edited by Questos

I watch a lot of the Ghost Adventures , Ghost Hunters , etc. ( only for my own form of entertainment , not that I believe any of it )...

Every show , and also , every site I see , people talk about equipment being "drained"....Batteries being drained , etc...Saying " they" need energy to " materialise"......

Maybe someone can try this......Why not take a bunch of fully charged car batteries to the investigation , run some long jumper cables around , etc , or a few computer power supplies tweaked to give off 12 volts ( I can link anyone to how to do that , it is simple) and a generator , or plug in to power supply.Even a electricity machine ( they are not expensive).

If these things need " energy " as everyone says , than by God , let's give it to them?

Part two,

It seems on TV they claim that paranormal drains the items but they refuse to do that because the generator makes noise, it can effect their emf meters and so on. I say if they really want this to work, bring a car battery (not hooked up to a car. Only thing i do not understand is that there is power wall sockets, why can't the ghost use those?