Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can someone please debunk this...

Z-v-S

This was taken from a thread off ATS.com

Originally posted by PSSZZZ

reply to post by C-Reilly

[more]

I can confirm these rumors coming out of the C.I.A. . Something very life changing will occur between Today and November 9Th. How do I know this? Answer: If there ever were a real life version of the character the cigarette man from the show X-files, That would be me! If you want to know more about what I am saying,check out my thread at this link and please read all pages and all my quotes .>> http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1033616/pg17

And if you want, check out this site for confirmation of what I saying>> http://www.cerntruth.com/?p=125

Also one more of my threads just for ****s and giggles.>>> http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1083432/pg3

Please keep in mind,if this project isn't shut down before they start the next scheduled phase 11/09/10, it's all over with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leonardo

• questionmark

• J.B.

• Sakari

As far as I can tell, the guy is just a kid trying to spin everyone up. Considering that the posts are from April, and there haven't been anything close to what the guy is claiming, I think it is pretty safe to say there is absolutey nothing to worry about.

If wormholes begin to open up over north America this week I will apologize, but this is just a person who is deluded enough to think they are onto something, when evidence says otherwise...

the only thing that he has predicted which has come true is the Earthquakes and Volcano's Erupting. But that is all.....

Oh noes

What I'm hoping for is that these strangelets start turning people into Zombies, aswell as opening up a wormhole for Nibiru to travel through so it'll arrive in time for 2012, whereupon the Aliens will come down to earth, stop all of the Zombies, and then we'll all hold hands and life happily ever after.

So they screwed up on 2012 and want to predate the end, well, for £49.99 + VAT I can accurately predict the outcome of this catastrophe, just PM me :devil:

I take it the various posts on other sites quoted in the OP refer to frenzied speculation that HEPA's (High Energy Particle Accelerators) are somehow linked to catastrophic seismic events such as earthquakes and volcanic eruptions?

Complete and utter tosh.

In the world of particle physics, the particle collisions these machines generate are considered high energy, but the actual energy of any of the collisions is tiny...

The total energy in each beam of protons in the LHC is equivalent to a 400 tonne train (like the French TGV) travelling at 150 km/h. However, only an infinitesimal part of this energy is released in each particle collision - roughly equivalent to the energy of a dozen flying mosquitoes. In fact, whenever you try to swat a mosquito by clapping your hands together, you create a collision energy much higher than the protons inside the LHC.

source

That is from the LHC, which is the highest energy particle accelerator currently in operation.

Oh noes

What I'm hoping for is that these strangelets start turning people into Zombies, aswell as opening up a wormhole for Nibiru to travel through so it'll arrive in time for 2012, whereupon the Aliens will come down to earth, stop all of the Zombies, and then we'll all hold hands and life happily ever after.

Nope, you got it wrong. A government project will try to create teleportation by shooting lasers through crystals, and the aliens will force their way onto the planet through that project. Alien pests will then jump on many people's heads and turn them all into zombies, which will indiscriminately attack both humans and aliens. [/Half-Life reference]

"If there ever were a real life version of the character the cigarette man from the show X-files, That would be me!"

Pfft, CSM would be standing in a corner, half covered in shadows, whilst smoking. Silently. I don't think he'd be this exuberant.

Sakari. it's all yours my friend.

LOL , send me PM's on this stuff.....Just saw it thumbsup.gif

Thanks for sharing your thoughts everybody. My paranoia has somewhat subsided...

But what's your take on this link?

cern truth

Way out of my league , and also way out of my " keeping interested" topic.....No offence.

I think they know what they are doing , and I am sure they know a lot more then any conspiracy theorists do.

First off: I am working on my PhD in physics. However not in particle physics. So consider me "informed" but not an "expert".

Thanks for sharing your thoughts everybody. My paranoia has somewhat subsided...

cern truth

My take is as follows: This link mostly deals with paranoia about the formation of strange quarks causing a decay of regular matter into "strangelets".

Some facts:

1. Strange quarks exist and have been observed many times in accelerator experiments (and possibly cosmic rays, but I'm not sure).
  2. Strange quarks are more massive than regular quarks (the "up" and "down" quarks) but less massive than the "charm" quark.
  3. Strange quarks are observed in exotic and very unstable particles created in collisions (like the "Lambda" particle, and maybe the "Sigma" but again I'm not sure).
  4. Strange quarks quickly decay to regular quarks, just like the exotic particles quickly decay into regular matter.

Now some theory:

1. There is a as-yet-unverified and not-widely-accepted theory that strange quarks could be stable if you got enough of them clumped close enough together.
  2. If true, a nucleus of strange quarks mixed with up and down quarks would be more stable than a regular nucleus (due to increased mass-energy density allowed by a 3-species interaction under the Pauli exclusion principle rather than the conventional 2-species interaction in regular nuclei).
  3. This strange + up + down quark nucleus is called a "strangelet".
  4. There is no estimate on the number of strange quarks required to make a stable strangelet.
  5. The strange quarks would have to be condensed to at least a sub-picometer size.
  6. There is also no estimate on the bound state surface tension of a strangelet.

What does this mean? It means that:

1. IF strangelets are stable, and
  2. IF the strangelet surface tension is above a critical value, and
  3. IF the LHC can produce strange quarks of sufficient quantity and density to form strangelets, and
  4. IF these strangelets carry a negative charge,

Then:

1. larger strangelets will be more stable than smaller strangelets, and
  2. a single negatively charged strangelet introduced into a system will gradually convert all the regular matter into strangelets (the "ice-nine" scenario).

Therefore the terrifying "ice-nine" scenario described in your link will only come to pass if all four of the above conditions are satisfied. Assuming the first three conditions are satisfied, the production of at least some negatively charged strangelets is very likely. However please note that the first two conditions are extremely theoretical, not widely accepted, and there theory isn't even developed enough to provide a prediction on the number of strange quarks required to make a strangelet (assuming, of course, that strangelets are stable).

Secondly, please note that the high energies of the LHC are even less likely to make strangelets than the lower energies of the RHIC (which are closer to the "sweet spot" for strange quark production) which has been in operation for several years. Also note that strange quarks were observed as far back as SLAC in the 1968, and we haven't died yet.

Thirdly, please note that IF the above conditions are true and strangelets are stable, then strangelets would be produced by supernovae and every neutron star (and likely many regular stars) would have captured a strangelet and be converted into "strange stars".

Based on all of this, the experimental data from cosmology and particle accelerator experiments suggests that large strangelets are not stable, or if they are then the rate of regular matter-to-strangelet conversion is very very slow.

Wait let me get this straight... the experiment at CERN scheduled for the 9th November is supposed to produce hypothetical particles called strangelets which might turn Earth into a pulsating ball of strange matter?

Edited by SolarPlexus

cern truth

Sepulchrave has addressed the technical side of the issue, and from an LHC-specific pov I would suggest you read this. While not technical, it should provide some insight into what actually happens in the LHC experiments, and I would recommend you search for more information from academic sites, rather than the sites you seem to prefer.

The CASTOR reference from that site, btw, does not refer to any physics project running, or envisaged to run, at the LHC. It refers to the facility's data storage enterprise and is an acronym for Cern Advanced data STORage manager. So, unless you consider data warehousing software and robotic storage libraries to be capable of turning the Earth into some strange matter duplicate, then I would suggest you can sleep easy with respect this particular 'scare'.

cern truth

If these particles exist(so far it is a theory) it would require a whole bunch of them (probably more than can be produced in CERN) to create an effect greater than can be measured by the sophisticated equipment there. Even if they generate a "strangelet", the creation of strange matter would be reduced to one or two atoms. If they exist there are probably more in your bedroom right now.

Wait let me get this straight... the experiment at CERN scheduled for the 9th November is supposed to produce hypothetical particles called strangelets which might turn Earth into a pulsating ball of strange matter?

No.

The experiment at CERN is supposed to produce free quarks, and hopefully a quark-gluon plasma.

As I stated above, there is a fringe theory that suggests that IF CERN produced enough "strange" quarks, and IF these strange quarks can coalesce into a stable nuclei, and IF this nuclei is negatively charged, and IF the surface tension in this nuclei is above a critical value, then a "strangelet" will be produced which will eventually convert all matter it comes in contact with into "strangelets" as well.

This is similar to the fears that an atom bomb would cause the atmosphere to ignite. The issue was raised, scientists studied the question, did some math, looked at available experimental data on nuclear reactions, and decided that such a thing couldn't happen, and the odds of them being wrong were extremely minute.

The same thing happened with the LHC in regards to strangelets, microscopic black holes, and other "doomsday" phenomena.

Having said that, if you are worried about strangelets, please consider this: Strangelets (if they exist) would be formed by bound state quarks. The LHC is designed to create "quark-gluon plasmas", i.e. free state quarks. If strangelets existed, it was more likely that the RHIC would create them. (Since the lower energy RHIC produces bound state quarks.) The RHIC has been in operation for the last 10 years without destroying the planet.

Edited by sepulchrave

Oh noes

lol

No.

The experiment at CERN is supposed to produce free quarks, and hopefully a quark-gluon plasma.

As I stated above, there is a fringe theory that suggests that IF CERN produced enough "strange" quarks, and IF these strange quarks can coalesce into a stable nuclei, and IF this nuclei is negatively charged, and IF the surface tension in this nuclei is above a critical value, then a "strangelet" will be produced which will eventually convert all matter it comes in contact with into "strangelets" as well.

This is similar to the fears that an atom bomb would cause the atmosphere to ignite. The issue was raised, scientists studied the question, did some math, looked at available experimental data on nuclear reactions, and decided that such a thing couldn't happen, and the odds of them being wrong were extremely minute.

The same thing happened with the LHC in regards to strangelets, microscopic black holes, and other "doomsday" phenomena.

Having said that, if you are worried about strangelets, please consider this: Strangelets (if they exist) would be formed by bound state quarks. The LHC is designed to create "quark-gluon plasmas", i.e. free state quarks. If strangelets existed, it was more likely that the RHIC would create them. (Since the lower energy RHIC produces bound state quarks.) The RHIC has been in operation for the last 10 years without destroying the planet.

Thanks for clarifying that !

This is similar to the fears that an atom bomb would cause the atmosphere to ignite.

Yeah seems that way :) So i guess there's no real chance this is gonna happen ...

Besides if it's true that UFOs shut down our nuclear missiles, im sure they wont allow anything to happen to us :lol:

Mind if someone summarize ? I couldn't possibly read the entire page. o-o headaches

If you are referring to the link in the OP, it is a hyperbolic, paranoid rant containing pseudo-scientific 'theories' by someone claiming to be "the real-life Cigarette Smoking Man" (a la X-Files) when, in reality, the nearest he has got to being a government conspiracy figure is sneaking cigarettes out of his mother's purse for him and his equally socially-challenged friend.

Edited by Leonardo

• 2 weeks later...

Another fake,ignorant,got nothing to do bozo.Believing what he said is like believing the Earth is Flat.DON"T WASTE YOUR TIME. :wacko: Oh and the cigs he be a smoking are of the "DOPE" class. I'm not talking about Z-v-s,

Edited by The Unseen