Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Backwards day :lol:

Stellar

Lol, I hate a crazy idea. How about, for one day, all the evolutionists become creationists, all the creationists become evolutionists, all the atheists become theists, and all the theists become atheists, and we have some sort of debate on the two subjects where each side would research as much facts and good arguments as it can to support their new temporary belief? w00t.gif

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• Dowdy

• Stellar

• Wings of Selkhet

i like that.

it's kinda like the debate i did on life after death, i believe there is nothing, but had to debate that there was life after death. it gave me a different view for once, yanno? it's a great idea.

That's a good idea! We could organize it in the debate forums - maybe have a few people elected to debate, like 3 or 4 on each side - and give everyone a week or so in advance to do their research, and then watch them debate. It'd be fantastic. *cackles*

every debate i've been in i believe in the opposite of what i was debating. It's good pratice and helps with your writing skill, although i don't go to school anymore

if anyone wants to do a debate with someone to argue AGAINST what they actually believe, PM me with a partner and a topic and i will gladly set that up for you guys. thumbsup.gif

Love the idea; count me in for I still have some time left to debate. Anyone need a partner or anti-partner let me know what the topic is and I'll tell you where I stand.

• 3 weeks later...

id do it, but what if an atheist actually convinces somebody that there is a God? or a religious that there isnt one? what happens then? wacko.gif

Edited by man_in_mudboots

it's a cool idea.. and even though i would like to do so.. i don't know where i stand... so i'd be a weak partner/opponent... (that's too bad, 'cause i love debates crying.gif )

oh.. by the way.. how do people have "formal" debates? do they have to go into a special place? huh.gif {please pm me!}

Reader