Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bees: man's best friend,

rashore

For the past few years, the news has been filled with a drumbeat of doom over the fate of the honey bee. Thanks largely to a mysterious phenomenon known as Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD), the number of hives has been falling, with catastrophic implications for the species, and for our agricultural system. England's hives have been vanishing faster than anywhere else in Europe, with more than half dying out over the past 20 years.

So last week's announcement that honey production is booming in the UK, as amateur beekeepers flock to the honey bee's rescue by setting up their own hives, is especially cheering.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Once again... Bees are awesome :)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rashore

• deadleprechuan

• Mac E

• Automaton

Great that people are helping to save the bees. If i had a garden, i wouldnt mind setting up a bee hive either, but i just have a small balcony instead, not a good place for a bee hive i think, lol

bees are doing what they do for their own needs. any help it offers to humanity is irrelevant to the bee, i'm sure.

Too bad chemtrails are killing them.... they'll bounce back though, I hope....

I have always wanted a pet bee... :huh:

I use to pet bee's ;) I love the bee's :yes:

Great that people are helping to save the bees. If i had a garden, i wouldnt mind setting up a bee hive either, but i just have a small balcony instead, not a good place for a bee hive i think, lol

My father in law has a few beehives, it's lovely to watch the bees going about their business. I'd like a hive too but I'm not sure we have the space in our tiny little garden.

Depends on how tiny and were at... I've read stories and seen pics of hives from beeks with some pretty lil yards in fairly populated places.

I can't have bees where I am now.. But I am looking forward to the day I get to have a few hives of my own :)

• 2 weeks later...

In my country we teach them to find the land mines.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6701517.stm

Bees are so intellegent. They can even count.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/10/26/2401396.htm

And on cocaine they act like human.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2008/dec/23/cocaine-bees-australia-drug-research

I've wanted to try my hand at beekeeping. I can't where I live now though. . .my neighbors complain about how I park my car. . . I can only imagine the complaints that would come in if I were keeping bees. :D

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 year later...

Monsanto has been killing the bess all along,and covering it up.

The cover up continues.

http://www.care2.com...to-buys-it.html

Th

This article is just horrible. For one thing, it came almost a year after Monsanto bought this company. Beelogics is not the leading research firm into the bee issue, and they bait and switch with the causes. First they say it is pesticides and high fructose corn syrup and then switch to GMO. Also, they completely gloss over the fact that Beelogics just filed for a patent not long before Monsanto bought them that has a lot of money making potential and then ask if there is any other reason Monsanto would have bought this company. Well, it could have been for the patent potential. Very bad reporting on a very important issue.