Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How do i find out if someone else has "gifts"

Chosen_One

@Chosen_One

I truly believed I had powers when I was young too. Then I grew up, hated the thought of working because I thought my powers would grant me

income, my grades have been lowering ever since, and I have absolutely no more motivation left in any of my bones.

Please stop believing in something like this because you're going to end up hurting your future self.

Find tangible things to learn like electronics, gardening, math, science, etc. etc. things that you will be able physically do and conclusions that can be solidified and you'll feel accomplished and you'll be proud of yourself and may even make money in the process!

I'm just warning you because I focused too much on superstition as a child and I'm IMMENSELY REGRETTING IT! I had no social life. NOT FUN!

Get out and do things!

I mix all my knowledge about superstition and other things like science and math and other stuffs. But each time i feel that im getting it, a new topic pops up, and it always leads me to more questions. And therefore more answers leads to more questions. I sometimes think i spend too much time on these things. I agree with you.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chosen_One

• booNyzarC

• Evo

• JGirl

Top Posters In This Topic

its 1 2 3... then 4 5. lol

I saw the number 21 very clearly at first. 213 or 231???

Crikey! You made me go find that old number LOL.

No, but I will say that one of the number combinations you mentioned does actually match up sequentially with part of the number.

YEY!! Thanks for finding it... I was a little late.

231?

23167?

:lol: :lol:

Edited by Dharma D

I mix all my knowledge about superstition and other things like science and math and other stuffs. But each time i feel that im getting it, a new topic pops up, and it always leads me to more questions. And therefore more answers leads to more questions. I sometimes think i spend too much time on these things. I agree with you.

Yeah I try to mix my knowledge too, but recently I began dropping superstition completely. It seems to me that mixing knowledge with superstition is like taking steps in the opposite direction you need to head and just leads to a spiral of madness.

Some people say all humans have abilities but we need to go deep into ourselves to find them. I don't know if i agree with that or not.

Hi,

there might be many here who tried to demotivate you. so a couple of points:

1. Every person has certain "unnatural capabilities. They differ from one to another by their strength "how much they've developed them" and their kind.
  2. Everyone can develop his/her own capabilities via becoming more spiritual and pure. That can be achieved e.g. through meditation, Yoga or otherwise. Most important, the person must be straight. Not cheat people, for otherwise it would be self cheat and quite deficient to developing such "gifts".
  3. Believe in your capabilities, even if your surrounding isn't supportive. Just keep the knowledge for yourself.
  4. Trust your feelings that you can improve them, and they will improve as you purify yourself more.
  5. Never use your capabilities for negative or egocentric purposes.
  6. Last but not least, in your case, I would take the advice of one of the last responders, don't rely on your capabilities or waste your whole time on them, be realistic and do that only when you have time and have finished all other daily duties. So a sort of occasional hobby.

Hope this helps elevate your feeling a bit.

Hi,

there might be many here who tried to demotivate you. so a couple of points:

1. Every person has certain "unnatural capabilities. They differ from one to another by their strength "how much they've developed them" and their kind.
  2. Everyone can develop his/her own capabilities via becoming more spiritual and pure. That can be achieved e.g. through meditation, Yoga or otherwise. Most important, the person must be straight. Not cheat people, for otherwise it would be self cheat and quite deficient to developing such "gifts".
  3. Believe in your capabilities, even if your surrounding isn't supportive. Just keep the knowledge for yourself.
  4. Trust your feelings that you can improve them, and they will improve as you purify yourself more.
  5. Never use your capabilities for negative or egocentric purposes.
  6. Last but not least, in your case, I would take the advice of one of the last responders, don't rely on your capabilities or waste your whole time on them, be realistic and do that only when you have time and have finished all other daily duties. So a sort of occasional hobby.

Hope this helps elevate your feeling a bit.

Well, much of that sounds like jibberish.

But, what did the bolded part mean exactly?

Yeah I try to mix my knowledge too, but recently I began dropping superstition completely. It seems to me that mixing knowledge with superstition is like taking steps in the opposite direction you need to head and just leads to a spiral of madness.

The key is in finding the connection between superstitious and logical knowledge. The connections are there, and they're not as exciting as one might desire them to be. Magic loses its magic when it becomes known patterns and causal relation, or allusions to illusions pointing to said same.

If your focus isn't in the mental disciplines (by which I mean psychology, philosophy, sociology or related fields), it's a pursuit that's going to eat up considerable time & effort. Cool if it's a hobby or search for knowledge & personal truth. Not cool if it's just an obsession the mind has fabricated an identity out of. Have to enter that battlefield well armed and equipped...

@Fena

Your (oversimplified) response more or less reflects the fundamentals contained in the Wisdom of I (a far-eastern variant of an inspirational, or wisdom path for leading ones life through self-conduct...surprisingly without undo emphasis on others so much as oneself as the cause of ones own effects through them). I don't see gibberish, so much as positive common sense (as opposed to willfully pessimistic/fatalistic variants), though I too wonder what you mean by the bolded portion. I suspect you mean "upright, straight and narrow, law-abiding", that sort of thing, but one can never know given the limitations of distanced communication.

• 2 weeks later...

@Chosen_One

I truly believed I had powers when I was young too. Then I grew up, hated the thought of working because I thought my powers would grant me

income, my grades have been lowering ever since, and I have absolutely no more motivation left in any of my bones.

Please stop believing in something like this because you're going to end up hurting your future self.

Find tangible things to learn like electronics, gardening, math, science, etc. etc. things that you will be able physically do and conclusions that can be solidified and you'll feel accomplished and you'll be proud of yourself and may even make money in the process!

I'm just warning you because I focused too much on superstition as a child and I'm IMMENSELY REGRETTING IT! I had no social life. NOT FUN!

Get out and do things!

I'm sorry to hear that DaviDeil. But I must tell you, I do not use my abilities for personal gain, such as granting me income. I am getting A's and B's in school. I do not let my abilities take over my life. I took a vow to use them for the greater good. For good, not evil. Again, I'm sorry to hear what happened to you had a child, but in my case it doesn't affect me negatively at all.

OH and by the way, if you rearrange the letters in DaviDeil it spells "devil aid"

:innocent: Chosen_One :innocent:

I'm sorry to hear that DaviDeil. But I must tell you, I do not use my abilities for personal gain, such as granting me income. I am getting A's and B's in school. I do not let my abilities take over my life. I took a vow to use them for the greater good. For good, not evil. Again, I'm sorry to hear what happened to you had a child, but in my case it doesn't affect me negatively at all.

OH and by the way, if you rearrange the letters in DaviDeil it spells "devil aid"

Ur gonna need a spandex suit aannd a motif aannd don't use white can't get stains out of white your mum will really test your teleporting abilities on you if you make her clean grass stains out of white spandex.

If you ever give up on saving the world with your young friends though (when you find them), you may earn a promotion into a suit - black with sunglasses, they made Will Smith look gooood. :w00t:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this is supposed to be the Psychic Abilities forum, yet all I find are " I want to be an X man" threads. As for the number, I'm "sensing" 8675309.

How do i find out if someone else has "gifts"

Hi, the word gift means that it has been given as a present. We are all able, once we don't identify with thoughts. We can start by listening to the silent space between thoughts.

"Chosen One"

How many more are we going to see of these on this forum?

I want evidence!

"Chosen One"

How many more are we going to see of these on this forum?

I want evidence!

evidence of what? my psychic abilities? I'm sorry but right now I have to protect some people from being attacked :ph34r:

evidence of what? my psychic abilities? I'm sorry but right now I have to protect some people from being attacked :ph34r:

Sigh, "I'm protecting some people" translates into "I can't right now, I'm too deep into my fantasy life......"

Edited by AZTom

• 3 weeks later...

Sigh, "I'm protecting some people" translates into "I can't right now, I'm too deep into my fantasy life......"

That's what she said!!!!!!! :w00t::rofl::lol::tu:

***POST DELETED***

1. No spamming

Common forms of forum spam include but are not limited to:

1a. Advertising: Do not use the forum to advertise or promote a product, site or service.

1b. Recruitment: Do not recruit or invite members in to joining other sites, groups, services or forums

Dot ~ Forum Moderator

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
removed links

Believe in your capabilities, even if your surrounding isn't supportive.

Here is where I have a slight problem.

The issue of "belief" can get you into quite a bit of trouble; just because you "believe" in something such as supposed abilities, doesn't make them real.

And if your surroundings are not supportive of these beliefs then there just might be a very real and legitimate reason why this is so.

DaviDeil has it spot on by the way

One time I thought I could control fire until I got the hair on my forehead toasted...brought me right back to reality in a split second.

Every person has certain "unnatural capabilities.

"Un-natural"?

I thought supposed psychic skills were something everyone supposedly has but if it is so unnatural then it is therefore a hindrance and impedance to ones life and should be ignored/eliminated by any means possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Many have their ‘psychic’ abilities emerging. These are actually innate abilities that all have more than gifts, even though they are dormant in most people at this time.

That you have the feeling that you are to save something may be a prompt w/ awakening. Others have had such feelings. This doesn’t mean you are actually supposed to save something though. Don’t let it make you think you’ve plugged into some disastrous premonition & have to take action about this.

Even if your vision was a premonition you are not responsible for how it unfolds. In this case, you would simply be observing one of many possibilities. You're not responsible for it.

There is allot of help online about developing your psychic abilities from those who are on the same journey.

Edited by matttie

Such a huge debate! Personally I'm still trying to find out what I have if anything, and it keeps me grounded by realising I won't be some amazing psychic! I'm loving mediumship at the moment but next week I might be doing cards. Calling it a 'gift' in my eyes is wrong, it's not a gift, who was it that gave it to you? We all have it but it depends how you train it depends on how far you will go with it. There's a lot of people out there who would like to think they have something amazing but really they dont, and they should just embrace what they have. happy posting

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

The school that you visualized may not be the school you attend for conventional education.

and other psychics in my school would have to team up some how to save something or someone. I don't even know if there are any other psychics in my school... but then again there must be if I saw it.

Your mind can only present "the insight" in a context that you can relate to. Can you appreciate this perspective?

Thanks,

John

Edited by John from Lowell

thanks guys! I already saved them! I'd still appreciate more posts on this. Thanks!!!

Can I ask how you saved them? What did you do?

And why did they need saving? What trouble were they in?

Edited by Tom B