Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

weird blob

tyrant lizard

I was out walking my dog the other day in a heavily wooded area when my dog started pulled me over to something. When we got closer I found a strange looking blob on the floor. Its looked like one of those jellyfish you see washed up on the beach, but I was in the Devil's Punchbowl, a secluded forest miles away from the coast. I did what any self respecting man did and prodded it with a stick. It felt firmer than it looked, and upon close examination was completely see through.

I looked up in the trees to see if it could have been something that had fallen from the canopy from a nest or something, but I couldnt see anything.

Anyone got any ideas?

This is a pretty remote area, so I doubt a person put it there. Besides i smelt it and it didnt smell like gel or anything like that...

I'm leaning towards landbased jellyfish, alien afterbirth, or ectoplasm

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tyrant lizard

• Disbeliever

• Mentalcase

• Supa RyRy

I took a picture on my phone but I'm a bit of a technical dinosaur and my phone is pants. It looks like a snot shot. I'll try to upload it onto my computer if that's not beyond my abilities

I'm thinking some kind of egg sack. I've seen some in nature before that look similar to the texture of beached jellyfish. Sometimes frog spawn, or another amphibian/reptile.

I'd love to see a pic of this. I hear a lot of weird things happen out tree. Would love to see the waterfall as well

I'm somewhat of an outdoorsman and I have seen something like what you are describing. There is a "mushroom" or fungus that is kind of amber colored and clear. I believe it is the same mushroom that eventually dries out to become those puffballs that we used to like to stomp on as kids. From what I've heard they are edible while in the snot stage (lol), but I could never bring myself to try it because, as you said, it looks like snot.

Did it look simular to this?

My link

Nice article, I do like the way they name things.

Suggestions include that the substance is a type of mould, an animal excretion or even 'star snot' from meteorites.

You'd think people are past the snot or booger stage :w00t:

Nice article, I do like the way they name things.

You'd think people are past the snot or booger stage :w00t:

Hahaha, yeah. Like seriously, star snot? lol

Did it look simular to this?

My link

Hey nice find. yeah it did look a lot like that picture. Although I'd say it looked a bit smoother round the edges than that one. It was by the base of a tree so I guess I'll lean towards the fungus thing...

Heres the picture i took. sorry about the quality.

post-108648-0-95192600-1290253528_thumb.

I realise I should of put something in the compare size... so because I didnt its about the size of a adult male hand

Edited by tyrant lizard

Hey nice find. yeah it did look a lot like that picture. Although I'd say it looked a bit smoother round the edges than that one. It was by the base of a tree so I guess I'll lean towards the fungus thing...

Heres the picture i took. sorry about the quality.

post-108648-0-95192600-1290253528_thumb.

I realise I should of put something in the compare size... so because I didnt its about the size of a adult male hand

Very interesting photo. I honestly don't know what it is. Looks like you have something in common with the people on the website I posted.

Edited by Disbeliever

Very interesting tyrant lizard!

Here's a link you might try to see if they have something that looks similar. I thought the brain fungus "Exidia thuretiana" looked like your pic, but it's hard to tell.

Very interesting tyrant lizard!

Here's a link you might try to see if they have something that looks similar. I thought the brain fungus "Exidia thuretiana" looked like your pic, but it's hard to tell.

That does look similar but the thing I saw had less colour than the exhidia thuretina fungus pic. It was completely see through. Im going to go back soon and have a root around to see if its still there and maybe get some better pictures

What does "My phone is pants" mean?

What does "My phone is pants" mean?

Er, it means it's a bit crappy.

Edited by tyrant lizard