Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

body scanners and pat downs

danielost

Eye opening video.

The TSA has been given way to much power! Now I'm 100% sure I won't fly with the current measures taken! I hope ticket sales decrease to a point where it hurts big time!

Same here, but wait, I think you should go through with your form of protest. You know the moaning and the singing? :lol:

Nah nevermind, that would seriously annoy them and they could taser you. Sigh, I hate evil people in power. <_<

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MissMelsWell

• Sakari

• Michelle

• danielost

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a friend who works for the TSA and she is as upset as anyone else. Being accused of unsolicited touching isn't something one needs to deal with on their job. But they do as they're told. I just figure, scan me with a machine and look all you want, but do not touch me.

That's a cop out. Search my luggage, walk me through a metal detector or bomb sniffing device. DO NOT TOUCH ME, DO NOT LOOK AT NAKED IMAGES OF ME.

Here is the gist of it. This is all being done to stop terrorism. This is all being done to make you worry about terrorism. Terrorism ultimatley cannot be stopped. No amount of searching people at the airport will stop someone from strapping a bomb to themselves and blowing up themselves and those in the immedeate vicinity. No road blocks will stop a random disatisfied guy from getting hold of a weapon and killing random people on the street. No amount of laws and regulations will stop a jihadist from driving a semi-truck down a crowded sidewalk in a major city.

I do not fear terrorists because I do not worry about terrorists. Terrorists are a boogie man. What I fear is a government that attempts to control and regulate every aspect of my life, and take away peoples right and freedoms in the name of safety. The nazis killed millions in the name of safeguarding thier citizens.

I can't get this to embed so just click and watch the video.

The TSA is out of control

This is horrible. Poor children. A four year old of with no strenght in his legs(son of a police officer no less) harassed like this? FF'S Sake!! I don't believe this! Our government is sick and *****d up! :angry2:

Perhaps I should add that this is not about security. It's about how much freakin money some corporation is geting for thier government contract for manufacturing and installing these more than likely cancer causing, privacy invading, boondog BS machines.

Of course they are cashing in on it.

I can already see me, in the winter, stripping down to a bikini, in front of everyone at the airport, and daring them to take it any farther than that. I'm not going to take this lying down like a sheep in a herd.

That's a cop out. Search my luggage, walk me through a metal detector or bomb sniffing device. DO NOT TOUCH ME, DO NOT LOOK AT NAKED IMAGES OF ME.

Here is the gist of it. This is all being done to stop terrorism. This is all being done to make you worry about terrorism. Terrorism ultimatley cannot be stopped. No amount of searching people at the airport will stop someone from strapping a bomb to themselves and blowing up themselves and those in the immedeate vicinity. No road blocks will stop a random disatisfied guy from getting hold of a weapon and killing random people on the street. No amount of laws and regulations will stop a jihadist from driving a semi-truck down a crowded sidewalk in a major city.

I do not fear terrorists because I do not worry about terrorists. Terrorists are a boogie man. What I fear is a government that attempts to control and regulate every aspect of my life, and take away peoples right and freedoms in the name of safety. The nazis killed millions in the name of safeguarding thier citizens.

It's amazing what you can get away with in your checked luggage. That is just as dangerous as anything you can carry on your person.

I can already see me, in the winter, stripping down to a bikini, in front of everyone at the airport, and daring them to take it any farther than that. I'm not going to take this lying down like a sheep in a herd.

Can I wear a coat and a man thong? If I can I'm in. :tu:

I'm going to Atlanta in a couple of months, but I'm worried it may be considered indecent exposure? Just don't do anything to get yourself tasered ladies.

I'm going to Atlanta in a couple of months, but I'm worried it may be considered indecent exposure? Just don't do anything to get yourself tasered ladies.

It wouldn't be the first time I've worn a coat with very little underneath. :innocent:

How can it be indecent exposure if you are wearing a bikini? You may want to rethink the thong. ;)

If you can wear it on the street or the grocery store then I don't see how they can complain.

Naked_Cowboy_In_Times_Square.JPG

Hell this guy is on the streets of New York city every day. :innocent:

He does have the bod to pull that off, OverSword. :yes:

But seriously, they couldn't do anything inside of an airport for wearing a bikini. I've actually done it in the Caribbean..several times.

He does have the bod to pull that off, OverSword. :yes:

But seriously, they couldn't do anything inside of an airport for wearing a bikini. I've actually done it in the Caribbean..several times.

this woman is crazy, she came in here in a bikini when the temp was at 32 degrees.

Perhaps I should add that this is not about security. It's about how much freakin money some corporation is geting for thier government contract for manufacturing and installing these more than likely cancer causing, privacy invading, boondog BS machines.

AMEN BROTHER! I think I said something about that a few posts back... that's EXACTLY what it's about. And it's about the fact that the TSA are a bunch of tards.

Me either.. I"m DEAD serious... my sister has already planned for this for her children, who I'm sure will think it's great fun to dress in ballet clothes for a flight to Hawaii... they won't think it's so fun when they're about 11 or 12 though.

You and Me Michelle... we're gonna strut our stuff through the airports and just dare 'em to lay a hand on us!

And honestly, I can't wait... of course, I have an OK figure that's probably better than average for the typical 43 yo, but it ain't no super model figure or 21 year old hottie figure anymore either. LOL.

Maybe I'll wear a mini skirt, and if they try to touch my naughty bits, I'll flash 'em. Lift that skirt right up. If they go for my ta-ta's... I'll pull my shirt off. I have some sense of decency and I'll wear a bathingsuit under,,, but they wanted it... they'll get it... ON MY TERMS NOT THEIRS.

People are already going scantily clad to the airport in protest.

WARNING!!! may be unsuitable for some, but no one is fully nakie.

This whole issue is gross. I do hope that next Wednesday sends a strong message to the corporations and governments if public outcry on thousands of forums, blogs, emails, and media attentions don't snag it before then.

I sure hope it is! Ill I'm in. Gives me more motivation to stick to the gym and its for a good cause. :tu:

i think just in this case, i would like to see a 300 lb woman show up in a bikini.

This happened a couple of days ago:

The short of it is this gal "opted out" of the body scanner... You all need to listen to this gals account.

If you think these TSA people are trained... you're WRONG... these people have NO clue.

And think about this... what kind of person decides they want to do the job of feeling people up against their will? What kind of person applies to feel people up and look at nudie pictures all day long? who wants to do that?! Someone who's SICK in the head. Come on TSA agents out there.. .come here to UM and talk to us about how you feel jamming your hands down some 12 year old pants? Or my 96 year old grandmothers pants. But maybe only hot chicks get picked to be randomly searched. Sounds like that's a possibility. Christ these people are OUT of control.

Edited by MissMelsWell

It was an inevitable outcome of the failed attempt by Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab to blow up a plane over Detroit on Christmas Day: the fact the would-be bomber succeeded in boarding a flight with explosive powder sewn into his underwear has sparked new calls in the U.S. and Europe to dramatically step up security at airports.

I wonder if any of the passengers that passed away on 9/11 ( or their family members , or for any victims and family members of 9/11 , including fallen soldiers familes ) would have a problem with this new security ? ......

Or any of the Hijacked Planes in the past...( want me to list them? )....

It really makes me sick that people can cry about this , but do not remember how many people suffered , and are still suffering because our security was not good enough to stop them......

If we had it and saw on the news :

" New Scanners stop a major Terrorist Attack that could have cost thousands of lives , and a War "

I wonder how people would feel then?

Or worse , these scanners and pat downs are stopped because of the crying , and soon after another plane is Hijacked , and people are killed....I hope it is not one of you , or someone you know and love....Would you be happy you got your way than?

Everyone cries about " change " , even if it is something that can save countless lives......

All I can say is , to bad we did not have this technology , and ability to use it pre 9/11 ( and the other planes that were hijacked ) , I have no problem walking through a scanner , or a pat down...If it deter's and / or stops another 9/11 , or hijacked plane , more power to it...

How soon everyone forgets , and put's on the " selfish " attitude.......

This is yet the BIGGEST example of the Pussification of America I have seen in a long time.........

i think just in this case, i would like to see a 300 lb woman show up in a bikini.

Apprently 300lb ugly people don't get "randomly chosen" to go through the scanners... only hot young people do if you really start digging around for the stories. The TSA are turning into the damn SS!

Edited by MissMelsWell

Apprently 300lb ugly people don't get "randomly chosen" to go through the scanners... only hot young people do if you really start digging around for the stories. The TSA are turning into the damn SS!

sounds like it, right along with the rest of homeland security. by the way if i have it right hitler had a homeland security as well.

This is yet the BIGGEST example of the Pussification of America I have seen in a long time.........

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG! Dammit! You'd really allow your 12 year old daughter to be gawked at or felt up because there's no chance a terrorist is on a plane?! That plane is more likely to fall out of hte sky from engine failure than to be bombed!!!! That method of terror is passe for them now.

The passenger screening system we had WORKED! No hijackings OR terrorists bombing planes since 911! NONE; not one on a major airline!!!

The ones that have happend have all been small single engine aircraft that took off from small air FIELDS with NO security!

God, NO, accepting this kind of treatment from the TSA IS the PUSSIFICATION. You can just lay down and let them walk ALL OVER YOU if you want... I HOWEVER WILL NOT TAKE IT.

The buck stops here. I'm an american who has to travel and I wont' have my rights or my person violated. Nor will I allow it to happen to anyone else unless they're stupid enough and lie down and take the Nazi-like tactics of the TSA in stride.

You're more likely to see a terrorist bomb a busy holiday shopping mall than bomb an airplane... are you ready to be strip searched at the mall? I'M NOT.

And on another note.... my daugher's roommate got on a plane on Sunday night to fly from Seattle to Memphis. Do you know why she was flying home to Memphis? Because she has no ID and no one will issue her ID with only her birthcertificate and SS#. So, she had to fly home to Memphis so her mom and her could go to the DOL there to get a Tennessee State ID that can be later converted to a Wa. ID... you might ask the one important question... how did a 20 year old girl get on a plane with no picture ID?!!!!! I don't know either... Our scanners at Sea-Tac didn't come online until Monday... so she escaped that horror by one day.

So obviously the TSA needs to do some work if they're letting a 20 year old onto a plane with no ID!?!

I tell you they're STUPID. You really trust those morons to grope you in a way that isn't total molestation? You really trust that one day you're not going to see your scans on the internet? more of that has happened than potential terrorists caught already! This is a damned disaster of epic proportions!

Edited by MissMelsWell

I wonder if any of the passengers that passed away on 9/11 ( or their family members , or for any victims and family members of 9/11 , including fallen soldiers familes ) would have a problem with this new security ? ......

It really makes me sick that people can cry about this , but do not remember how many people suffered , and are still suffering because our security was not good enough to stop them......

" New Scanners stop a major Terrorist Attack that could have cost thousands of lives , and a War "

Or worse , these scanners and pat downs are stopped because of the crying , and soon after another plane is Hijacked , and people are killed....I hope it is not one of you , or someone you know and love....Would you be happy you got your way than?

Everyone cries about " change " , even if it is something that can save countless lives......

All I can say is , to bad we did not have this technology , and ability to use it pre 9/11 ( and the other planes that were hijacked ) , I have no problem walking through a scanner , or a pat down...If it deter's and / or stops another 9/11 , or hijacked plane , more power to it...

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG! Dammit! You'd really allow your 12 year old daughter to be gawked at or felt up because there's no chance a terrorist is on a plane?! That plane is more likely to fall out of hte sky from engine failure than to be bombed!!!! That method of terror is passe for them now.

No , I wouldn't be a cry baby and I would have her go into the scanner ( thus avoiding a pat down ), and she would be fine with it also.

To add to this....Again , how soon everyone forgets....Something else that would have been avoided if we had this security before 9/11 ( unless people cried about it than also , and did not get it )......

T

he September 11th Victim Compensation Fund was created by an Act of Congress, the Air Transportation Safety and System Stabilization Act (49 USC 40101), shortly after 9/11 to compensate the victims of the attack (or their families) in exchange for their agreement not to sue the airline corporations involved.

It was up to Feinberg to make the decisions on how much each family of a 9/11 victim would receive. Feinberg had to estimate how much each victim would have earned in a full lifetime. If a family accepted the offer, it was not possible to appeal. Families unhappy with the offer were able to appeal in a nonadversarial, informal hearing to present their case however they wanted. Feinberg personally presided over more than 900 of the 1,600 hearings. At the end of the process $7 billion was awarded to 97% of the families; the average payout was $1.8 million.

So , damned if we do , damned if we don't......

" You did not have good enough security , it is your fault !!!!!! "......I am going to Sue !!!!!

Wake up people....We are supposed to learn from History , not ignore it.

Edited by Sakari

I tend to think that the passengers on flight 93 would approve.

No , I wouldn't be a cry baby and I would have her go into the scanner ( thus avoiding a pat down ), and she would be fine with it also.

To add to this....Again , how soon everyone forgets....Something else that would have been avoided if we had this security before 9/11 ( unless people cried about it than also , and did not get it )......

T

" You did not have good enough security , it is your fault !!!!!! "......I am going to Sue !!!!!

And we are supposed to lay down, to the biggest violation of our rights, because of what "could happen"?

I suppose the kids at the local school are going to be subjected to this next, because of the school shootings? How far are you willing to take this?

T

wrong since they are once more allowing box cutters on planes again.