Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

An example of what's gone wrong in the U.S...

Ten301

I suggest next time you smash the car on a tree, tell them you were drunk. That you quit your job for you were emotionally suffering from the treatment they gave you at work when you were always late..

You might just get the help you need.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Disbeliever

• The Silver Thong

• soulseeker

• supervike

Sounds like you are great parents. Don't get drawn into these petty arguments with people who think they can judge you based on a paragraph. What is digusting is how someone thinks they can tell you how to live your live. You are not doing anything selfish, unworthy, or bad. If you can afford them, more power to you!

So we are talking about one person and not the people that have kids for money that raise them on an x box as there mentor. The issues should not be about good parents but crappy parents that get the dole and abuse it as this so called breeding farm for money. 14 kids and in a building asking for assistance is disgusting.

I know you didn`t agree with that part but had to try to bring this thread back on topic. Sorry mate

I suggest next time you smash the car on a tree, tell them you were drunk. That you quit your job for you were emotionally suffering from the treatment they gave you at work when you were always late..

All the while the jobs are farmed out right. Just thought I would add some perspective. Maybe a job at Hooters eh ;) Oh wait, put that $1.50 triple cheese burger down first lol

Unfortunately you'll never get the help you need. Not with the welfare checks you create. :rolleyes: It's welfare for the rich ya'll!!!

Actually, it seems everything is 'wrong' in America, because the OP can't get a handout. I'm assuming that if the handout was given, everything would be copecetic.

But let's not mention that the OP is badly disabled due to being burned so bad they can't get work currently because of it, but some woman who can get work is getting a "hand out" because she's a baby mill. Yes, I can see where there's something wrong here.

Yes having children to get money is disgusting. I want many kids, because I love children. We will adopt a few as well, but I want my own first. It's my right as an animal to have children, how ever many I wish, it's not disgusting.

It may be a love of children and an expression of personal freedom to plan for such a large family, but the sensibility of it is debatable.

Regardless of personal wealth, taxpayers will also be contributing to the upbringing of those children and their health, education etc., so it isn't entirely a matter of 'we can afford it'.

Given the pressure that humanity is increasingly placing on our one and only planet, having more than 2-3 children is, IMO, almost worthy of psychiatric assessment.

But let's not mention that the OP is badly disabled due to being burned so bad they can't get work currently because of it, but some woman who can get work is getting a "hand out" because she's a baby mill. Yes, I can see where there's something wrong here.

You've confused the OP with soulseeker. :)

eh, when threads get this long.. it gets hard to keep track. I call it old age. =P

Actually, it seems everything is 'wrong' in America, because the OP can't get a handout. I'm assuming that if the handout was given, everything would be copecetic.

I assume the "what's gone wrong in the US" part is the fact that it seems someone who has been a productive member of society must scratch and claw to access the social safety nets, while someone who has never been a productive member of society simply shows up with their hand out and they're taken care of.

I don't know if this is simply working people suddenly finding themselves stymied by government red tape exaggerating the situation, or (as most people I've known who go through the process claim) the government realizing that if they delay enough, a certain percentage of productive people will bite the bullet and get their feet under them without assistance.

I don't really have an opinion (not having gone through the process myself). My only opinion as regards government assistance is that there should limits on all forms of it (including disability). The only reason there are people living off the system is that they can.

It may be a love of children and an expression of personal freedom to plan for such a large family, but the sensibility of it is debatable.

Regardless of personal wealth, taxpayers will also be contributing to the upbringing of those children and their health, education etc., so it isn't entirely a matter of 'we can afford it'.

Given the pressure that humanity is increasingly placing on our one and only planet, having more than 2-3 children is, IMO, almost worthy of psychiatric assessment.

Your opinion. Sounds like Disbeliever's opinion is that she should have as many kids, pets, or flowering plants as she wants as long as she can afford to support them in a healthy manner.

While wanting to bear a lot of children and pay for them yourself is certainly an unusual desire in today's world, it's going a little far to call it disgusting or imply that there's something mentally wrong with someone who has such a desire.

I personally don't care how many kids someone wants to have as long as I'm not paying to feed them (and they aren't eating next to me at a restaurant :devil: ).

Your assumption is incorrect.

I am the OP, and only needed to vent in that post, as the incident happened approximately an hour before its writing. However, I felt compelled to respond to your portrayal of me as simply wanting a "handout", and seemingly placing me as the moral equivalent of the woman I mentioned. There are millions of others who are living through infinitely worse situations than mine, and I can certainly appreciate and respect that. It was not my intention to solicit pity or whine, only that the irony of my particular experience hit me between the eyes like sledgehammer. I had heard of such stories, but had now experienced it firsthand. The system has been abused by so many for so long that it now rewards those who choose to have 14 children with the 15th. on the way (with no intention of stopping) and have the audacity to expect others to pay for them. I have no issue with someone having as many children as they want as long as they can properly care and financially provide for them. This woman did not fit into that category, as she and her partner(s) were baby-making machines, and she appeared proud of her ability to work the system, apparently with great success.

Before being so quick to judge me, perhaps you may want to contrast that with my situation? I am 52 years old, and have worked hard and paid taxes all of my life. I have never collected a cent of assistance of any type. I became ill with an aggressive form of cancer in March of this year, which required treatment with an experimental medication. Unfortunately, the treatment caused a stroke, which in turn caused a seizure disorder. My employer of 8 years had to let me go because I could not do my job (medical field) while having seizures. While I certainly cannot blame them for their decision, it left me without an income or medical insurance coverage. The seizures are of the "psycho motor" type, and have been somewhat lessened through medication, where I now average only one a day as opposed to two or three. The cancer is in remission, but I have been told that it will be back with a vengeance. However, that is neither here nor there. Also, before being so hasty to judge me, you should know that I did everything I possibly could to delay asking for government assistance; I burned through my entire savings, cashed-out my pension and sold just about everything I owned with the exception of my car. As most of my physicians and the center I need to go for treatment are nearly 50 miles away from my home, I needed my car. However, because I own a car, I cannot get assistance. Are you beginning to see the picture, or do you still wish to negatively judge me?

So, there you have my story. Again, it is not my intention to complain, but if you cannot make the distinction and appreciate the irony, I do not know what else I can add.

Edited by Ten301

Your opinion. Sounds like Disbeliever's opinion is that she should have as many kids, pets, or flowering plants as she wants as long as she can afford to support them in a healthy manner.

While wanting to bear a lot of children and pay for them yourself is certainly an unusual desire in today's world, it's going a little far to call it disgusting or imply that there's something mentally wrong with someone who has such a desire.

I personally don't care how many kids someone wants to have as long as I'm not paying to feed them (and they aren't eating next to me at a restaurant :devil: ).

Thank you very much for your post. :)

I would like to add my kids are wonderful in restaurants, trick is to tire them out first. ;)

You've confused the OP with soulseeker. :)

The tax payers don't contribute to the upbringing of my kids, don't know what it's like in your country but it's not like that here. I pay for their health and school.

How is wanting more then 3 children worthy of psychiatric assessment? :rolleyes: How silly.

The tax payers don't contribute to the upbringing of my kids, don't know what it's like in your country but it's not like that here. I pay for their health and school.

How is wanting more then 3 children worthy of psychiatric assessment? :rolleyes: How silly.

Well i dont think its weird that you want more than 3 kids... I wouldnt but im not a fan of kids (have 2 kids, wife wants more...marriage is a compromise right).

But then again i lean more to a satanic belief, as in I say have the kids you can afford and are geneticly strong and dont help the orphans(bas***ds) ie the weak from dieing.

Im sure my ideology is repulsive to you and you might be of the thought that satanist are obsessed with desires but i took a different meaning from him than he defied god due to lust and base pleasure that always seemed more like enochian.

Anyways i thought i read you said you were a pagan...are you the mother earth, goddess stereotype pagan? That might explain the haveing many children thing.

Your assumption is incorrect.

*snipped*

So, there you have my story. Again, it is not my intention to complain, but if you cannot make the distinction and appreciate the irony, I do not know what else I can add.

You're right, of course, and I owe you an apology. However, I do understand the irony. It's frustrating. I too have worked all my life, and it seems we often get the short end of the stick.

I was just playing at a bit of a devil's advocate, and being flippant about the situation, not to make light of your predicament.

The thing is, as a whole, lots of us are ready to judge those who recieve aid, but when you learn the situation, you understand why that aid is needed. Even in the case of the baby factory lady.

I wish the system was better, and that people had ethics, but that's the way it goes.

Edited by supervike