Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your favorite ghost show?

Fatal

While most ghost shows I think are pure rubbish there was a little show on the old Unexplained Channel called Whines and Spirits which focused solely on haunted pubs. There are no better buildings for haunting that Inn's and pubs I think. It's a shame that channel went off air.

• 2 weeks later...

Ghost Hunters was the first show of this subject I watched but grew tired of the lack of evidence they could collect and they seem too reluctant to break out of their stale formula. They do however retain the award imo, for best evidence. The lighthouse and prison evidence remain some of the best I've seen. I still watch it, (and GHI) just not when I am the least bit tired or it will bore me to sleep.

Found Ghost Adventures and it became my favorite. They seem to get allot of, imo, good evidence but lately the emphasis seems to be shifting from the GHOST adventure to the crew adventures, too much goofing off. Also, I think what made them so productive in the beginning was how few people were involved in the hunt. Now "visitors" and "guests' are always tagging along which, besides causing more distractions and noise which interrupt my viewing enjoyment, may be scaring off the ghosts whom might be more active if there were not so many people around.

Another interesting show which has aired for one season and hope someday returns is "My Ghost Story". In every episode the story was always accompanied by video 'proof' of claims which I prefer over Personal Experience Stories, (yawn.) The Haunted is simular to MGS one in that it too would at least have some evidence, be it video or EVPs to back the claims.

I watch Ghost Lab and was impressed with their first season. Lots of experiments which shewed correlations between haunting and the physical environment. Something I hate about this season is how, at the slightest hint of evidence gathered, they stop the investigation and scramble back to the Lab for a review. FINISH the investigation, review later!!!

I no longer waste my time with Paranormal State.

Probably off topic but as good a place as any to discuss it; one thing I hate about this whole GH show phenom is how it remains so fixed on simply 'proving ghosts exists'. Yeah, we get it, they DO EXIST SO YOU CAN STOP PROVING IT NOW. I mean I am convinced, they do not need to keep trying to convince me. Lets move on to the next step!

I'd like to see a show whose mission is as in-depth communication with these things as possible. Just a few weeks ago, at the Goldfield Hotel revisit, It said; "I want to talk to Zak". Where was the follow up to that request? They should have been all over that EVP site with everything they got but Zak just fricken ignored it! These things may hold the secrets of the Universe and want to share them under the right circumstances, we should be giving them the chance. Maybe if the first 20 minutes of the show had not been wasted play Sheriff and and bad Guy there would have enough time to follow up what was truly important to the shows premise.

Ghost Adventures for sure. Great show, they let you listen to their EVPs... and not to mention, Zak is hot.

By ghost show, I mean those shows where they investigate hauntings and stuff.

I used to really like Paranormal State, but not so much anymore. It just kind of feel like that show is the same thing every episode. That, and they never catch any particularly interesting evidence. Alot of the time, it seems like what they experience is just feelings they get and that can just get kind of boring.

Recently, I've gotten into Ghost Adventures. Now, this show is interesting. They get alot of stuff that seems authentic to me. Paranormal State feels kind of scripted and fake at times. This show really doesn't feel like it. Not to me, anyway.

I've heard good things about the show Ghost Hunters, but I really never tried to get into it for some reason. How is it?

My all time favorite was One Step Beyond ,remember those ?

Ghost Adventures for sure. Great show, they let you listen to their EVPs... and not to mention, Zak is hot.

You are the first person I know of, that watches that show, that has anything positive to say about Zak. Even the females that I have talked to about Zak hate him. Not sayin that's good or bad of you. Interesting.

all the ones i have seen,are so fake it is beyond belief!

the only one i like a bit is the one on animal planet with the animal angle!

Zak seems cool and he tries to explain every detail to the viewers which is important I think. I think he's a good guy, his reactions are funny but I think we would all freak out in the situations he puts himself in. Honestly, I think most people wouldn't be as brave, not just Zak but the 3 of the guys. Seems like a cool job, but I wouldn't do it.

I watch Ghost Hunters and GHI also ghost adventures and a few others.

but i found a video on youtube with Donna the EX member of ghost hunters

and after seeing this video i dont trust ghost hunters any more lol

A Haunting ....I used to watch this a lot on Living Tv..

• 3 weeks later...

GHI cos is cool, I watch Most Haunted just for a laugh's now! One screams, they all scream! Bahahahah!

This, exactly!! It's a very entertaining show, but you have to know going in that they are believers, not skeptics. Rarely do they debunk anything, it seems mainly they are looking to reinforce the idea some place is haunted.

I enjoy Ghost Adventures, but I take it with a grain of salt. I mean it seems like every other show has an evp saying "kill Zak" or something to that effect. I mean yes he is annoying, but surely the entire spirit realm doesn't hate him. lol Now of the 3 guys, I have to admit that I have a crush on Aaron. He's such a cute teddy bear of a guy and such a good sport for going into all the situations they send him into. I watched the episode the other day, where he put on a wig cause the ghosts in that area liked females. I about fell off my chair laughing.

Edited by Jewels1958
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say, I really like Destination Truth. I don't know how authentic it is (if it is at all), but it keeps me entertained and I'm pretty fond of Josh Gates. Celebrity Ghost Stories is another good one, and my mom and I sometimes watch Paranormal State if it's on. I've always liked shows about the paranormal and really miss Scariest Places on Earth with Linda Blair :'(

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer to listen to Dave Schrader on Darkness Radio M-F than watch any of the ghost shows on TV.

Edited by Observer47

I have watched Ghost Hunters, Paranormal State and Ghost Adventures. They all have their pros and cons, but I just take each show with a grain of salt. I would much rather read about investigations from local ghost hunters, but that's my personal take on it. :)

I also like the one on the Animal Planet. Some of those stories hit close to home for me.

By ghost show, I mean those shows where they investigate hauntings and stuff.

I used to really like Paranormal State, but not so much anymore. It just kind of feel like that show is the same thing every episode. That, and they never catch any particularly interesting evidence. Alot of the time, it seems like what they experience is just feelings they get and that can just get kind of boring.

Recently, I've gotten into Ghost Adventures. Now, this show is interesting. They get alot of stuff that seems authentic to me. Paranormal State feels kind of scripted and fake at times. This show really doesn't feel like it. Not to me, anyway.

I've heard good things about the show Ghost Hunters, but I really never tried to get into it for some reason. How is it?

" The Ghost and Mister Chicken with Don Knotts, duh, LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

I use to like Ghost Hunters but i like GHI better lol i wacthed an interview with donna

on youtube and she let out a lot of stuff that jason and grant do when they ghost hunt.

after this i saw the show in a new light lol a lot fo there stuff is faked

I like GH and used to like Paranormal State but not so much anymore. I have started watching GA and it's amusing, mostly. Idk I take every 'reality paranormal show' with a HUGE grain of salt. It's entertainment, really... and that's it.

• 2 weeks later...

There's been a new one appeared on UK TV called paranormal cops. I like the way thet investigate as they are all police officers it's treated like an police investigation. No great evidence as yet but I live in hope.

Most Haunted-a group of screamers (for no reason)!

Ghosthunters-boring as hell!

Paranormal state-brain numbingly boring!

Ghost adventures-do they have to shout all the time? Some interesting evidence, however.

• 4 months later...

I like to watch the Ghost show. Some of the best ghost show that I mostly watched are: Ghost Hunters Academy and Paranormal state. I must says that, You will definably scared whenever you will watch these Show.

My favourite is Destination Truth, I think they go out of their way to try and capture evidence of what they are investigating. They have in the past found a few weird things. The haunted forest in Japan was one of the creepiest episodes that they have done. There was a episode where they found a corpse of some unknown thing while walking in a cave, it was all wrapped up, I think it was the same episode where when they came out of the cave there was a weird sound emitting from the parabolic dish even tho it wasnt turned on and they saw a really weird white light in the sky. Also they cast a footprint believed to be from the Yeti. They also had a few good hits on the thermal as well like when they were in Chernobyl.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually hate ghost investigation shows because they all seem very fake to me. The sum of each show is: noise from unknown source, ghost did it. It's just a way to please their audience.