Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your favorite ghost show?

Fatal

I am addicted to Ghost Adventures. :geek:

• 4 months later...

My favourite ghost show is "Most Haunted" and its actual live version "Most Haunted Live!" (you can actually watch Yvette and the team experience ghostly phenomena at the moment it actually happens), probably the most famous and most-watched ghosthunting documentary series in the world, so much so that it probably inspired shows with a similar format which came later, such as America's "Ghost Adventures", which started in 2008.

draft_lens6186782module49058952photo_1248937906MostHauntedPic.jpg

The original series ran from 2002 to 2010 and sees Vyvette Fielding (the presenter), her husband Karl Beattie (the director and the only living samurai outside of Japan, as one of just eight foreigners to be awarded the title), a medium, a parapsychologist (usually Ciaran O'Keefe), a historian (Richard Felix) and a film crew (including Yvette's lighting rigger cousin Stuart Torevell) travel to various haunted places around Britain and Ireland - such as castles, stately homes, museums, underground tunnels, Napoleonic forts, pubs and inns, schools etc - to conduct paranormal investigations. Over the years they have experienced all sorts of strange tappings, moans, groans, whispers, people getting slapped and pushed, objects being moved, chairs sliding across the floor and being filmed doing so, etc etc. They have even seen the odd apparition, such as at Preston Manor in Brighton when, whilst the team were doing a seance in the dark, Karl suddenly screamed and fell off his chair in fright. He said that he saw a ghostly apparition of a woman standing in the doorway wagging his finger at him! He discovered later that this is a well-known apparition at Preston Manor.

I've gots lots of series and many episodes of Most Haunted on DVD.

But Most Haunted has been in hiatus for a few years. On 12th August 2011 it was announced that Sky Living (the channel which it was shown on) had officially axed Most Haunted and have returned the rights to the show to Yvette Fielding and Karl Beattie. But last year it was revealed that Antix Productions - the TV production company founded in 2001 by Karl and Yvette and which makes Most Haunted and Most Haunted Live! - partnered with Lionsgate to redevelop and it was announced on the official Most Haunted Facebook page that the show is to return later this year.

Here's a clip from the 2006 episode where they visited Michelham Priory in East Sussex. It was episode 1 of series 8 and it was the show's 100th episode. So, to mark that fact, the Most Haunted team went back to the place where they filmed their very first episode back in the summer of 2001 - Michelham Priory. This episode sees poor Stuart get mysterious scratches on his back; the team hearing the sound of the harpsichord playing downstairs whilst they are upstairs; and Karl and Stuart even catch amazing footage of a chair sliding across the room. No wonder Yvette called it her scariest episode.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8dcDwc2LnNY[/media]

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

• 3 weeks later...

My favourite ghost show is "Most Haunted" and its actual live version "Most Haunted Live!" (you can actually watch Yvette and the team experience ghostly phenomena at the moment it actually happens), probably the most famous and most-watched ghosthunting documentary series in the world, so much so that it probably inspired shows with a similar format which came later, such as America's "Ghost Adventures", which started in 2008.

draft_lens6186782module49058952photo_1248937906MostHauntedPic.jpg

The original series ran from 2002 to 2010 and sees Vyvette Fielding (the presenter), her husband Karl Beattie (the director and the only living samurai outside of Japan, as one of just eight foreigners to be awarded the title), a medium, a parapsychologist (usually Ciaran O'Keefe), a historian (Richard Felix) and a film crew (including Yvette's lighting rigger cousin Stuart Torevell) travel to various haunted places around Britain and Ireland - such as castles, stately homes, museums, underground tunnels, Napoleonic forts, pubs and inns, schools etc - to conduct paranormal investigations. Over the years they have experienced all sorts of strange tappings, moans, groans, whispers, people getting slapped and pushed, objects being moved, chairs sliding across the floor and being filmed doing so, etc etc. They have even seen the odd apparition, such as at Preston Manor in Brighton when, whilst the team were doing a seance in the dark, Karl suddenly screamed and fell off his chair in fright. He said that he saw a ghostly apparition of a woman standing in the doorway wagging his finger at him! He discovered later that this is a well-known apparition at Preston Manor.

I've gots lots of series and many episodes of Most Haunted on DVD.

But Most Haunted has been in hiatus for a few years. On 12th August 2011 it was announced that Sky Living (the channel which it was shown on) had officially axed Most Haunted and have returned the rights to the show to Yvette Fielding and Karl Beattie. But last year it was revealed that Antix Productions - the TV production company founded in 2001 by Karl and Yvette and which makes Most Haunted and Most Haunted Live! - partnered with Lionsgate to redevelop and it was announced on the official Most Haunted Facebook page that the show is to return later this year.

Here's a clip from the 2006 episode where they visited Michelham Priory in East Sussex. It was episode 1 of series 8 and it was the show's 100th episode. So, to mark that fact, the Most Haunted team went back to the place where they filmed their very first episode back in the summer of 2001 - Michelham Priory. This episode sees poor Stuart get mysterious scratches on his back; the team hearing the sound of the harpsichord playing downstairs whilst they are upstairs; and Karl and Stuart even catch amazing footage of a chair sliding across the room. No wonder Yvette called it her scariest episode.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8dcDwc2LnNY[/media]

Shame as in all Paranormal shows they faked everything.Truth is that Paranormal investigations make for very boring TV,so the makers tend to spice things up a bit.

I thought Ghosthunters was cool when it first came out and also that one show with the British lady I forgot what the show was called. But after a while I was thinking that these shoes were totally stupid and were making people who were into the paranormal look really stupid. Unsovled Mysteries and Sightings are much better. Not to mention the really old ones likr In Search Of and Author C Clarkes Mysterious World.

• Like 2

Not technically a "ghost" show solely, but I Love Destination Truth on SyFy.

Edited by ancient astronaut

I thought Ghosthunters was cool when it first came out and also that one show with the British lady I forgot what the show was called. But after a while I was thinking that these shoes were totally stupid and were making people who were into the paranormal look really stupid. Unsovled Mysteries and Sightings are much better. Not to mention the really old ones likr In Search Of and Author C Clarkes Mysterious World.

The older speculative programs, like "In Search Of" and "Sightings", did more with less. The ghost stories were better. They relied more on scary tales than special effects. There wasn't too much of a "good thing" back then, either.

• Like 1

School Spirits on Syfy, true accounts of the paranormal? That second show( Dorm Room Night Mare) really scared the heck out of me more then any of the other paranormal movies.

By ghost show, I mean those shows where they investigate hauntings and stuff.

None of those are worth mentioning. One show that does appeal is "
", which instead of running farcical 'investigations', simply recounts experiences of witnesses, often with the witnesses themselves participating, but without the excessive overpresentation of similar American shows. This is a far more entertaining format and does not insult the intelligence.

I just wish the presenter would stop saying 'most haunted' every time she introduces a new location.

• Like 1

^Huh, you prefer Personal Experience accounts over seeing/hearing for your self. Video and audio evidence is totally dismiss-able as "farcical" yet anyone just saying they saw a ghost is acceptable? :huh: No offense intended but I don't get the reasoning.

Not saying every piece of evidence is authentic but couldn't PEA be more easily faked than video/audio which can be examined, do these people all pass lie detector tests, and if so, wouldn't that add validity to the best A/V evidence?

^Huh, you prefer Personal Experience accounts over seeing/hearing for your self.

I did not say that. No television show has ever shown any credible evidence. Had they done so it wouild have appeared on the news media around the world. I would much prefer to be a first-hand witness, but it's not going to happen via the kind of shows alluded to by the O.P.

Video and audio evidence is totally dismiss-able as "farcical"
I did not say that. because I have never seen any video evidence, and unless you are prone to unrestrained self-decption you will admit that you have not either.
yet anyone just saying they saw a ghost is acceptable
I did not say that. I have no objection to hearing people's personal experiences and have no reason to disbelieve them. That is not to say that I consider them as irrefutable evidence of anything, only that it is far preferable to the unmitigated unscientific nonsense peddled by 'ghost investigation' shows.
No offense intended but I don't get the reasoning.
From someone who gives credence to those shows, that's not entirely surprising.

Not saying every piece of evidence is authentic but couldn't PEA be more easily faked than video/audio which can be examined, do these people all pass lie detector tests, and if so, wouldn't that add validity to the best A/V evidence?

Those who volunteer their experiences are under no obligation to be tested, and even the passing of such tests would suggest nothing other than the subject's credibility.

Link to true story of what it was like for an Oregon family to have PRS come in to 'help'. The woman of the family, herself a medium, was warned not to try to deal with this entity on her own, so she called PRS. In the end, they were left high & dry to deal with the very dark entity they originally asked for help with in the first place. You may still watch PRS, but with a new eye, if you know what I mean.

http://www.ghosttheory.com/2008/11/04/paranormal-state-caught-faking-entire-show

Episode titled "The Messenger" The Robinson Family, Gold Coast, Oregon

not sure if it's still on You Tube because the family complaining did get some negative attention drawn to the 'stars' of the show. You won't believe some of the stuff the family went through, and what they have to say about Ryan and Chip. Go read for yourself.

(Intro to Mr. Robinsons complaint letter, located at link) Reported/Written by Xavier Ortega, November .4, 20089

So it seems that one of the clients for the “PRS” (Paranormal State) team has come up to expose the PRS team as hoaxers. I’ve written a few articles in the past about how horrible this show really is, and the damage that it inflicts onto the paranormal society.

Below is a long testimony from a former client of the PRS team. Kirby Robinson has brought it upon himself to expose the show and it’s staff. The meticulously wrote an open letter to announce their shenanigans. Read it and make your own decision.

I leave you with Mr. Robinson’s letter:

I forgot to mention, I enjoy The Dead Files. Amy actually seems to be a medium.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ghost Adventures, and Destination Trurth

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Dead Files has piqued my interest. Ghost Hunters is OK, but why is it they see all these things going on yet catch precious little on camera, even with the myriad of equipment they set up. Ghost Adventures is better but I wish they wouldn't spend half the show talking about each location, just get to investigating already!

"Paranormal Witness" is a great ghost show, although it sometimes deals with other subjects. I like how it combines interviewing and recreations without manufactured suspense. The stories seem more believable than those on other such programs. As for fictional shows, I like "Ghost Whisperer".

• Like 1

Just like Heaven

Hamlet

As many already said, Ghost Adventures and Destination Truth without a doubt.

But also shows, that are not primarily ghost-hunting. - Fact or Faked, I Survived Beyond And Back (firsthand NDE-stories), Paranormal Witness, My Ghost Story, Ghost Mine, Ghostly Encounters, and A Haunting.

• Like 1

Ghost adventures and Destination truth. Entertainment more than anything, but fun viewing.

• 2 weeks later...

psychic kids

They scare the BeJesus out of me...

• 4 months later...

:no: Favorite? Try one that is even close to being "accurate", with no "paranormal help" from the casts and/or crew. Have watched about every tv show that the SyFy Channel had dare to show, along with some others that were no better. I keep on watching "Ghost Hunters" with the possibility that, at some future time, there will show-up a full body, solid apparition, that will give the crew "heck" for being a bother to "it" and teach them a lesson that they won't soon forget but will send the ratings through the roof. :tu: :tu:

• 1 month later...

I'd say recently, Ghost Adventures has been keeping my interest. Although I have to agree with Ajnaya, it can become quite distracting when they get overly loud when they capture potential evidence. I'd like it if they were just a bit more quiet during the investigations.