Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World Toilet Day: Track a Poop

Eldorado

November 19th is World Toilet Day. A day to celebrate the importance of sanitation and raise awareness for the 2.6 billion people (nearly half of the world's population) who don't have access to toilets and proper sanitation.

http://www.worldtoilet.org/wtd/understand.asp

Track a Poop....

http://www.flushtracker.com/

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• Eldorado

• The Caspian Hare

• conspiracybeliever

Hats off to Mr. Crapper :tu:

Indeed.

"Diarrheal diseases kill five times as many children in the developing world as HIV/AIDS.

That's 5,000 children dying every single day.

Not only that, but the disease kills more children than either malaria or AIDS, stunts growth, and forces millions - adults and children alike - to spend weeks at a time off work or school, which hits both a country's economy and its citizens' chances of a better future. The majority of the illness in the world is caused by fecal matter.

Lack of sanitation is the world's biggest cause of infection.

One gram of feces can contain 10 million viruses, one million bacteria, 1,000 parasite cysts and 100 parasite eggs.

Safe disposal of children's feces leads to a reduction of nearly 40% in childhood diarrhea."

Source...

http://www.worldtoilet.org/wtd/understand.asp

Edited by Eldorado

Clean running water is a wonder of the world.

There are still places here I will drink from a creek. However I am one of the very and few lucky and I feel for those big time that don`t have such.

Hats off to Mr. Crapper :tu:

:blink: How about the association hires South Park's Mr. Hanky, the talking poop (anyone seen him on holiday specials?) to promote the important message of ecological consciousness. "Howdy hoo, gosh, that's so swell".

Ok, it's time to flush...unless it's yellow, it's mellow. :lol:

:blink: How about the association hires South Park's Mr. Hanky, the talking poop (anyone seen him on holiday specials?) to promote the important message of ecological consciousness. "Howdy hoo, gosh, that's so swell".

Ok, it's time to flush...unless it's yellow, it's mellow. :lol:

Never shake hands with Mr.Hanky :no: I hear in Paris if you trip and fall you might be kissing Mr.Hanky ewwwwww