Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Soul stealing

The_Spirit_of_Truth

The soul: the light or pure energy within, given to you from God. Massless, intangible, and it is ALL you. No one can steal it, there's nothing to steal. It can only return to it's source when it's fleshly housing expires.

That sounds more like the ' fraveshi' a 'divine spark' from God , that returns to him on death, and no that cant be stolen either .

The soul is more like the 'urvan' ; With human beings, a person's character and that of their soul is built on the spirit a person chooses and is within that person's control through free will. The soul creates its heaven or hell, both of which are a state of spiritual existence and not places.

Edited by back to earth

Aha! HE is still here! Little helper called the Holy Spirit. He'll never leave you. Yes, even you non-believers..I believe he's got your back too.

Ahh ! Tha is the ' Khvarenah ' .

I never said God changed. He will never change. He did give his creations free will and he knew he would have to make provisions. That's where his son Jesus enters. To right all our wrongs.

Despite giving his creations free will he doesn't seem to like his creations using it. Maybe he should change.
  • Like 2

ummm.... Oh dear.... Guys, one of the souls I keep in the jars on my shelf seems to have gotten out. Keep out of his way, they tend to get grumpy after they been on the cooped up so long. Just call me I'll get him back in, but I'll need a hundred dollar bill as bait.

• Like 1

Fear not Ginger, I can sell you a soul of your very own in a bottle for a measly $350 dollars.

7e69281c25467c2c24a0e9174260f454.jpg

• Like 2

I never said God changed. He will never change. He did give his creations free will and he knew he would have to make provisions. That's where his son Jesus enters. To right all our wrongs.

And absolutely nothing addressed from my post. The point is that people wrote the bible and they used to be a bit more uncivilized...although one could look around and argue that's still the case. It was human beings who felt that slavery and selling little girls, etc., was ok. Obviously, any deity worth its salt wouldn't sanction that sort of behavior.

• Like 1

Fear not Ginger, I can sell you a soul of your very own in a bottle for a measly $350 dollars.

Ugh...everyone who isn't selling souls totally chose the wrong career for money-making.

well i didn't know the bible would mention reincarnation.

i just wondered if anybody knows if you can have a soul journeying with you waiting to come into your life and then people who have mental powers (which would ordinarily make you come across as schizophrenic) can then steal the soul journeying with you, who should be your kid (but not necessarily know to you) and then she/he gets stolen and she/he as a soul gets given to people who are closer to them and theirs than you and yours, especially if you did everything possible to ensure your soul wasn't stolen.

No. This won't happen.

And absolutely nothing addressed from my post. The point is that people wrote the bible and they used to be a bit more uncivilized...although one could look around and argue that's still the case. It was human beings who felt that slavery and selling little girls, etc., was ok. Obviously, any deity worth its salt wouldn't sanction that sort of behavior.

He didn't! He still doesn't.

Despite giving his creations free will he doesn't seem to like his creations using it. Maybe he should change.

I'll let you tell Him that. I think He would like to see his creations use their free will in a GOOD way. Not just His way.

This is one old thread. I'm not sure what the point is, though, since there's no reason to believe that souls are even really real. It's a cute idea, I guess.

I'll take a dozen and a bridge if your selling one. :tu:

• Like 1

If you believe all this bible and soul stuff, then I have a bridge you might be interested in....

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 1

ummm.... Oh dear.... Guys, one of the souls I keep in the jars on my shelf seems to have gotten out. Keep out of his way, they tend to get grumpy after they been on the cooped up so long. Just call me I'll get him back in, but I'll need a hundred dollar bill as bait.

I have your lost soul ... I am going to keep it ... in this

genie_lamp_by_simplistic_scion.jpg

This is one old thread. I'm not sure what the point is, though, since there's no reason to believe that souls are even really real. It's a cute idea, I guess.

Tell me then: when you are 'dreaming', who is the dreamer?

Aaaaaah! The lack of paragraphs hurt my soul. What? I'm a ginger I don't have a soul.

Here

does

this

feel

better

( a para for every word ... and stop that ginger business ! I told you ...... gingers can steal MY soul ! They got heaps of them !

606030-sonya-cristy.jpg

( the site censored my perfectly decent picture of a red haired woman .... yet again ! ... press quote and its there though ... and they just shut the site down for maintenance and repairs ! )

< sigh >

Edited by back to earth

He didn't! He still doesn't.

That doesnt make any sense at all considering some other things you have said :unsure2::no:

Love the 'really real ' ;)

Of course they are not really real ...... they are 'ideally real ' ( But last time I tried to explain the historical shift into a dualism of 'real ' and ' ideal ' - from an idea that things like both the body and soul were 'really real' .... some people got quiet confused and insisted I was mistaken ... on both sides of the fence.

( Some anthropologists here have started classifying indigenous 'myth' ( codified systems of knowledge ) as 'real' , 'really real' and 'the really really real ' .... :) )

That doesnt make any sense at all considering some other things you have said :unsure2::no:

I've said a lot of things. What are you making reference to?

I'll take a dozen and a bridge if your selling one. :tu:

Then, when you finished playing with them, they can cross your bridge and go to heaven :):su

qtVyCel.jpg

Tell me then: when you are 'dreaming', who is the dreamer?

Ummm .... you are.

I dont mean to be rude or picky barbco ..... but you seem to be saying strange things today ? :unsure2:

(or it could be my comprehension )

Ummm .... you are.

I dont mean to be rudwr picky barbco ..... but you seem to be saying strange things today ? :unsure2:

(or it could be my comprehension )

And you COULD be right ;) It's called no sleep. Just moved to a big city and the noise is intolerable. My point when I asked "who's the dreamer?" was trying to explain what the soul is. Clearly it's not your body experiencing the dreams, it's your soul.

Well, Chaos Rose said " Obviously, any deity worth its salt wouldn't sanction that sort of behavior. "

I take that as meaning the behaviour God DID sanction in the OT is considered quite bad by many.

and you seemed to agree by commenting " He didn't! He still doesn't. "

So it looks like you are saying God did not sanction the behaviour Chaos Rose, me and many others see as bad in the OT .....that very behaviour that God. not only condoned but instructed his followers to go and do to others and themselves ..... that you are now saying he didnt sanction .

If that is what you are saying.

And you COULD be right ;) It's called no sleep. Just moved to a big city and the noise is intolerable. My point when I asked "who's the dreamer?" was trying to explain what the soul is. Clearly it's not your body experiencing the dreams, it's your soul.

Okay ... fair enough ... no sleep ... condolences ... I live in a cabin in the forest .... city noise ? :no::cry:

Why cant the dreamer be the brain or mind ? .... why does it have to be this 'undefined' soul thingo ?