Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Soul stealing

The_Spirit_of_Truth

On 9/10/2019 at 8:17 AM, Desertrat56 said:

Maybe we need a definition of the word 'soul'.  When I have more time I will go back through and see if anyone defined it as I don't think there is anyway to steal a soul.  My definition of soul is the part of us that continues after our human body has died.  Any who don't believe in that let me know what you define as soul. 

IMO the soul doesn't live after us.

It is a product of our self aware intelligence, which evolves into being from the time we are born Our attitudes and behaviors strengthen or weaken our soul, and our soul is basically who we are, and why we can; love, appreciate beauty  and recognise ugliness.

Souls allow us to write and appreciate music and literature,  and to paint and appreciate art.  The y allow us to know and feel the power of love and of hate. Basically the y make us humans and differentiate us from all non- human animals. 

So my concept of soul is much like yours, but I don't think it is  immortal. It does not  pre-exist us or live after us. It lives and grows as we live, from  birth to death 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 9:15 AM, Jodie.Lynne said:

I'm not trying to be difficult, but no.

How is our "soul" different from our "sense of self"?

Not to get into a debate on semantics, or definitions, but how is "soul" different from "self-awareness", "consciousness", "identity', "ego"?

What you knew as a child has changed as you grew, yes? Who you were as a child has (hopefully!) also changed as you matured, yeah?

IMO there is no difference, which illustrates that soul is a real tangible and definable product of a human being .   Making it immortal just complicates things 

All self aware and conscious humans have a soul  So also would any animal or machine which developed human level self aware consciousness  In all likelihood that soul dies when our mind does (not necessarily our body)  ie many humans lose their soul long before their body dies, because they lose their sense of self awareness.

All I can think of is Shang Tsung.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

IMO the soul doesn't live after us.

It is a product of our self aware intelligence, which evolves into being from the time we are born Our attitudes and behaviors strengthen or weaken our soul, and our soul is basically who we are, and why we can; love, appreciate beauty  and recognise ugliness.

Souls allow us to write and appreciate music and literature,  and to paint and appreciate art.  The y allow us to know and feel the power of love and of hate. Basically the y make us humans and differentiate us from all non- human animals. 

So my concept of soul is much like yours, but I don't think it is  immortal. It does not  pre-exist us or live after us. It lives and grows as we live, from  birth to death 

Thank you for defining it, so now when there is a discussion of soul, 3 of us have let people know our definition and all 3 of us have a similar definition, but not the same definition.  Which is why I asked.

• Like 1

I have stopped believing in the devil and lots of scary things just stop happening to your brain. I'm quite content that the time I'm in and the Devils time are two diff times. He may exist in my time, but in the afterlife time hes already vanished. There are people who want to go to hell and party with the devil so there being two Gods, like the Jews believe (Good and Evil Gods) is no longer a fact for me.  Just the good God exists. And you just vanish if you have the wrong religion. B/c its silly to think there are two heavens one for good and a heaven for the bad. Also, God wouldn't be God if he could not destroy the devil. One of my theories is man's screwball psyche is the devil. That's why you see Jesus pull them out.

Edited by brian100
typo
  • Like 1

On 3/11/2016 at 12:30 PM, barbco196 said:

So, your brain is capable of interacting with it's environment? I smell, touch, even have sex in my dreams. My brain is not capable of doing any of these things. My mind, my soul, IS.

Yes, its called the fake world.  The world the devil lives in. Aliens live in their brains too... like Cap Pike in at Managerie. If you were trapped in this world I call it the black box where God sends you to be all alone with your fake world.  There is nothing more scary than to be trapped in your own brain.. i.e coma.

• Confused 1

I have read more about losing soul and when can happen at the following link;

Let aside the promotion of shamanism, I think the reading is extraordinary and can fit in real life events which can fit all of the religions

https://www.shamanlinks.net/shaman-info/shamanic-healing/soul-retrieval-healing/

• Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 5:07 AM, brian100 said:

I have stopped believing in the devil and lots of scary things just stop happening to your brain. I'm quite content that the time I'm in and the Devils time are two diff times. He may exist in my time, but in the afterlife time hes already vanished. There are people who want to go to hell and party with the devil so there being two Gods, like the Jews believe (Good and Evil Gods) is no longer a fact for me.  Just the good God exists. And you just vanish if you have the wrong religion. B/c its silly to think there are two heavens one for good and a heaven for the bad. Also, God wouldn't be God if he could not destroy the devil. One of my theories is man's screwball psyche is the devil. That's why you see Jesus pull them out.

So two "heavens" is where you draw the line?

• Haha 1

I have been watching the show "The Good Place".  It is so funny and weird.  4 people who have been tormented or torment themselves and others in many different ways get sent to the "bad place" but are told they are in the "good place".  It is very interesting the way the writers work everything out.  The goal is to keep them tormenting each other for eternity, but it back fires.

On 9/12/2019 at 12:47 AM, qxcontinuum said:

Let aside the promotion of shamanism, I think the reading is extraordinary and can fit in real life events which can fit all of the religions

In real Shamanism. Not the Newage stuff a soul has 2 parts or a person actually has 2 souls. Although some Shaman using the power of suggestion can make a person believe he took their soul in which they make themselves sick. He can't actually do it. 

24 minutes ago, Piney said:

In real Shamanism. Not the Newage stuff a soul has 2 parts or a person actually has 2 souls. Although some Shaman using the power of suggestion can make a person believe he took their soul in which they make themselves sick. He can't actually do it. 

Well you've just explained that he could do it, realistically or not...

• Like 1

Just now, qxcontinuum said:

Well you've just explained that he could do it, realistically or not...

I can also make people believe I sic'd a mercenary spirit on them and shapeshift. But can I really? No. :lol:

• Like 1

They say it is not how you do it but what you do in the end. Medicine also helps curing certain conditions with placebo drugs.

I still belive though there are shamans that can influence and connect with the spiritual world at least they are situated on a higher hierarchy than so called professionals using the ouija board :)

Edited by qxcontinuum

13 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

I still belive though there are shamans that can influence and connect with the spiritual world

Good for you!

Some of us, however, prefer to dwell in the real world.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Good for you!

Some of us, however, prefer to dwell in the real world.

Of course, but maybe leave the lights turned on, just in case ?

11 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Of course, but maybe leave the lights turned on, just in case ?

For what purpose?

3 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

For what purpose?

So we can see the spooks better ?

Ahh, I see. You majored in "Inane quips" didn't you?

No, I am quite the realist, and don't give much credit to the idea of souls being stolen. I'm not seeing the love in it, particularly in those who would want to believe it.

23 hours ago, Piney said:

I can also make people believe I sic'd a mercenary spirit on them and shapeshift. But can I really? No. :lol:

How much do your mercenaries cost? :) 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

How much do your mercenaries cost? :) 

Pinch of tobacco, some Eastern Red cedar smudge and if I'm feeling generous a bowl of whiskey. :yes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Ok I definitely believe in soul stealing. They're are many people who somehow no how to steal a soul. For instance I know this person and they act just like me. Everything I think about goes straight to them. My memories, how I act, The things I think about. They are like another me. But I wonder if they are are me, then am I that person? Or is my brain just being tapped into? I'm not even sure but there definitely is something going on out there in this world spiritually that I cannot see. There definitely are vampires, wolves, witches, ghosts, demons out there but there. It's a constant war of someone trying to steal your identity. Its my baby fathers sister. I feel like I am her and she is me. And in no way do i want to be someone else other than me. But not to be cocky but i can see why someone would want to be me. I have goals and stuff and on top of that somehow I'm getting other peoples karma. So I wonder. I've been through a lot of strange things within the past 2 years. and when I was younger also. I mean I was in a dark place when i was little but always found light in things. I mean I pray about it but I wonder if i can get my soul back. I think it's either stuck in her room or her body. Unless her daughter has it idk. Somehow I feel fragmented and every time i think about that person or put energy towards that person they receive everything i have. It's really not right. My baby father did say that they use to dabble in occult things so I'm pretty sure she still does. and that's before his sisters baby father went to jail all this crazy stuff started happening. And its still happening. I'm trying not to focus on her because she will take everything away from me. So i'm trying to be careful. I'm pretty sure she knows what i'm writing if she's me. I just need my soul back and idk how to get it back from her

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Tmoney91 said:

Ok I definitely believe in soul stealing. They're are many people who somehow no how to steal a soul. For instance I know this person and they act just like me. Everything I think about goes straight to them. My memories, how I act, The things I think about. They are like another me. But I wonder if they are are me, then am I that person? Or is my brain just being tapped into? I'm not even sure but there definitely is something going on out there in this world spiritually that I cannot see. There definitely are vampires, wolves, witches, ghosts, demons out there but there. It's a constant war of someone trying to steal your identity. Its my baby fathers sister. I feel like I am her and she is me. And in no way do i want to be someone else other than me. But not to be cocky but i can see why someone would want to be me. I have goals and stuff and on top of that somehow I'm getting other peoples karma. So I wonder. I've been through a lot of strange things within the past 2 years. and when I was younger also. I mean I was in a dark place when i was little but always found light in things. I mean I pray about it but I wonder if i can get my soul back. I think it's either stuck in her room or her body. Unless her daughter has it idk. Somehow I feel fragmented and every time i think about that person or put energy towards that person they receive everything i have. It's really not right. My baby father did say that they use to dabble in occult things so I'm pretty sure she still does. and that's before his sisters baby father went to jail all this crazy stuff started happening. And its still happening. I'm trying not to focus on her because she will take everything away from me. So i'm trying to be careful. I'm pretty sure she knows what i'm writing if she's me. I just need my soul back and idk how to get it back from her

Welcome to the forum.  I wish I knew of something to write here that would help you.  You do need help, I am just not sure what kind.  I will ask questions that you do not have to answer, in fact, don't answer them here, answer them for yourself only.

1. are you using any kind of mind altering substances?  I you are, please look up the side effects of those substances so you can determine if that might be causing your perceptions.

2. has your "sister-in-law" threatened you or told you something that makes you feel bad about yourself? 

3. are you living with people who could be arrested any minute, is there that stress on you?  What kind of stress are you experiencing?

Blessings.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tmoney91 said:

I've heard of something like this before.