Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Betty & Barney Hill

ohio state buckeyes

Betty got caught up with the new age movement and was a little out there at times but that does mean they didn't have

alien abduction experience. The debunker claim that Barney heard her talk some much about her dreams he came to believe

it was real. Who in the history of the world has this happened to ? Barney Hill wanted to be apart of the civil movement

and wanted nothing to do with ufos. What are your guys thoughts ?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hazzard

• ohio state buckeyes

• scowl

• JonathanVonErich

For those who don't know the story their original experience comprised of the following:

- Sighting of a UFO that followed their car as they were driving from Niagara Falls to their home in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, on the night of 19 September, 1961.

- Barney stopped the car and using binoculars saw figures inside the UFO.

- In a panic Barney drove away from the UFO.

- They heard a beeping sound.

- They went down a back road that was blocked by 11 or 12 aliens who were approximately 5ft 4in. (1.6m) tall. These humanoids had no ears but had slit-like mouths, small noses, cat-like eyes that seemed to extend to the side of their heads, and broad foreheads that tapered down to a small chin.

- They were taken to a nearby landed UFO.

- Inside the UFO they were put into separate rooms where they were stripped and put on examination tables.

- The aliens inserted a long needle into Betty's naval, she's told it is a pregnancy test.

- A cup-like instrument was placed over Barney's groin. Later, he had a ring of warts where this was placed. Some UFOlogists claim that the aliens used this device to obtain sperm samples from Barney. Betty always denied this.

- Betty spoke to one of the aliens. He showed her a Star Map. She tried taking away a book full of strange writing, but she was not allowed to take it away.

- When Betty is returned to their car she sees Barney sitting inside it, in a kind of daze.

- When they heard the same beeping sound again they were driving 35 miles south of the sighting location.

- They got home at about 5am on the morning of 20 September, 1961.

- Afterwards they experienced continued anxiety and ill-defined fears that made them seek answers to what really happened to them.

In my opinion I think Betty and Barney never lied about what happened to them, I think they sincerely believed that they were abducted by aliens. I still have my doubts about that case, my feeling is that they were abducted by the government, that the government tested new medical procedure on them. Sounds crazy i know, but it's not crazier than to think they were really abducted by aliens.

Edited by JonathanVonErich

For those who don't know the story their original experience comprised of the following:

- Sighting of a UFO that followed their car as they were driving from Niagara Falls to their home in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, on the night of 19 September, 1961.

- When they heard the same beeping sound again they were driving 35 miles south of the sighting location.

- They had no recollection of what happened to them between the two sets of beeping sounds.

- Afterwards they experienced continued anxiety and ill-defined fears that made them seek answers to what really happened to them.

In my opinion I think Betty and Barney never lied about what happened to them, I think they sincerely believed that they were abducted by aliens. I still have my doubts about that case, my feeling is that they were abducted by the government, that the government tested new medical procedure on them. Sounds crazy i know, but it's not crazier than to think they were really abducted by aliens.

Its a interesting theory but why would the government take people like the Hills and not some homeless person or people in a institution ?

Or they just made it all up...lied basicly.

Why would interracial couple in the 1961 want to make up a ufo story ? Life would be hard enough.

People do stuff thats out of the box all the time, maybe they thought it might be a way out of a situation, i don't know.

Why would interracial couple in the 1961 want to make up a ufo story ? Life would be hard enough.

I'm sure they never lied, like you said Buckeyes they were a interracial couple, down to earth people and back then Abduction by Aliens was not a well known phenomena, so in my opinion they had no reasons to lie. So in my opinion they told the truth, i simply think the government was behind all that. Again, sounds crazy but I have a feeling it's the truth...

What about the remarkably similar Twilight Zone episode that aired before the experience/

Betty was not scifi fan according to Captured! The Betty and Barney Hill UFO Experience: The True Story of the World's First Documented Alien Abduction by Stanton T. Friedman .

Because reality TV wasn't invented!!!!!!

Stanton T. Friedman and this makes it factual?

I don't like Stanton either...he's pretentious and never listen to other people's point of view.

- They went down a back road that was blocked by 11 or 12 aliens who were approximately 5ft 4in. (1.6m) tall. These humanoids had no ears but had slit-like mouths, small noses, cat-like eyes that seemed to extend to the side of their heads, and broad foreheads that tapered down to a small chin.

- They were taken to a nearby landed UFO.

- Inside the UFO they were put into separate rooms where they were stripped and put on examination tables.

- The aliens inserted a long needle into Betty's naval, she's told it is a pregnancy test.

- A cup-like instrument was placed over Barney's groin. Later, he had a ring of warts where this was placed. Some UFOlogists claim that the aliens used this device to obtain sperm samples from Barney. Betty always denied this.

- Betty spoke to one of the aliens. He showed her a Star Map. She tried taking away a book full of strange writing, but she was not allowed to take it away.

- When Betty is returned to their car she sees Barney sitting inside it, in a kind of daze.

JVE thanks for the info. I just wanted to add that somehow betty was shown where these aliens were from and she drew a map of a star system that had not yet been discovered and it was called Zeta Reticuli and after she drew that star system scientist found it adding credibility to her story as it looks almost identicle to her drawing of the system,,

To be honest I have no idea if they were in fact abducted but something very strange happened to them for certian,

Regards;

TFF

Betty was not scifi fan according to Captured! The Betty and Barney Hill UFO Experience: The True Story of the World's First Documented Alien Abduction by Stanton T. Friedman .

Ok.... so what about the fact that their report follows the same plot as the episode?

Remember, they didn't remember the experience until after having hypnosis done, which sparks some serious doubts as it opens up suggested memory.

What about the remarkably similar Twilight Zone episode that aired before the experience/

Yep, that is a red flag right there. :tu:

On February 22, 1964 Barney Hill first described in a hypno-regression the aliens that he encountered. Twelve days before that date an episode of THE OUTER LIMITS called "the Bellero Shield" featured the exact same aliens, the same facial features, features with wrap around eyes, which other "contactees" had not seen until then.

The grey aliens described by Betty Hill years after her expereince bear a striking resemblance to the aliens seen in an episode of TWILIGHT ZONE called "Hocus Pocus and Frisby" that aired in 1962.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_and_Barney_Hill_abduction#Analysis

Even the psychiatrist that examined and hypnotized the Hills was convinced that their story was fantasy, a fact suppressed by Look magazine and by the book The Interrupted Journey.

And about the Star Map... Its so easy to take a few dots drawn on paper, for which you have to assume the exact distances and spatial relationships have not been preserved, and match them with any number of possible stars in the sky.

Carl Sagan showed how meaningless the "star map" was. A random selection of dots was just as accurate as Bettys map.

So, as always when it comes to these "abductions" there was no physical evidence, and we have only the eyewitness testimony of the Hills that there was an abduction in the first place.

I dont know about you guys, but when it comes to this type of claims, I need more than just a story well told.

Stanton T. Friedman and this makes it factual?

Stanton T. Friedman and Betty's niece wrote the book.

Yep, that is a red flag right there. :tu:

On February 22, 1964 Barney Hill first described in a hypno-regression the aliens that he encountered. Twelve days before that date an episode of THE OUTER LIMITS called "the Bellero Shield" featured the exact same aliens, the same facial features, features with wrap around eyes, which other "contactees" had not seen until then.

The grey aliens described by Betty Hill years after her expereince bear a striking resemblance to the aliens seen in an episode of TWILIGHT ZONE called "Hocus Pocus and Frisby" that aired in 1962.

Even the psychiatrist that examined and hypnotized the Hills was convinced that their story was fantasy, a fact suppressed by Look magazine and by the book The Interrupted Journey.

And about the Star Map... Its so easy to take a few dots drawn on paper, for which you have to assume the exact distances and spatial relationships have not been preserved, and match them with any number of possible stars in the sky.

Carl Sagan showed how meaningless the "star map" was. A random selection of dots was just as accurate as Bettys map.

So, as always when it comes to these "abductions" there was no physical evidence, and we have only the eyewitness testimony of the Hills that there was an abduction in the first place.

I dont know about you guys, but when it comes to this type of claims, I need more than just a story well told.

First off they were not only dots but lines showing the trading route. So where it documented they watched the THE OUTER LIMITS and TWILIGHT ZONE.

A cup-like instrument was placed over Barney's groin. Later, he had a ring of warts where this was placed.

I hated playing Football for this reason alone.....Everyone made fun of me , and I never got laid mad.gif

I hated playing Football for this reason alone.....Everyone made fun of me , and I never got laid mad.gif

Sorry but that was funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So where it documented they watched the THE OUTER LIMITS and TWILIGHT ZONE.

Could it be by chance? Consider this: Barney first described and drew the wraparound eyes during the hypnosis session dated 22 February 1964. "The Bellero Shield" was first broadcast on "10 February 1964. Only twelve days separate the two instances. If the identification is admitted, the commonness of wraparound eyes in the abduction literature falls to cultural forces."

Edited by Hazzard

First off they were not only dots but lines showing the trading route. So where it documented they watched the THE OUTER LIMITS and TWILIGHT ZONE.

It doesn't have to be documented, it has to be noted that their story seems a direct copy of the program.

First off they were not only dots but lines showing the trading route.

Drawing lines between dots or not... Star constellations are based on 3 dimensions and if you look long (and willingly) enough, you will find one that matches.

Others were also searching for the pattern. Charles W. Atterberg found a pattern that had Epsilon Eridani and Epsilon Indi as the base stars rather than Fishs Zeta 1 and Zeta 2 Reticuli.

Atterbergs map also fits with the Hill map.

Betty Hill herself discovered significant resemblances in a map depicting the stars of the constellation Pegasus which was published in the New York Times on April 13th, 1965.

Strange, isnt it... Suddenly we have three published interpretations of the Betty Hills star map, all of which make sense.

Edited by Hazzard

I like how the advanced aliens from another planet used a paper-roll EEG machine on Betty. They didn't have the advanced computer technology we humans now have to store this information. I hope we've given them our technology.

And that silly alien couldn't figure out how dentures worked! That must have p***ed him off because he got snippity about where Earth was on those those star maps (not even a "you are here" explanation). Again, those aliens must have been traveling old school to have those maps on old fashioned paper instead of displayed on their high definition computer screens.