Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Skeptical Non-Believers of Uppity Annoyance

BurnSide

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• snuffypuffer

• Janiel

• Falco Rex

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

burnside, you always are right, obviously, and your little group is there to reinforce your statements and shove your views down peoples throats. grow up a little bit

277730[/snapback]

If you had read some of my posts Tull,you would realise that what you are saying is wrong.Please do not start putting everybody who is in this group down or bad mouthing us.

I am here to make up my own mind and do not FOLLOW anyone,my mind is my own and thats the way its staying.

I have never shoved mine or anyones elses beliefs down anyones throat,Burnside and myself have had our disagreements in the past and we have TALKED them out.(and come to the agreement that Im always right whistling2.gif )I also take it as a personal attack on me when you throw your accusations around like you do,you know nothing about me and you have never even tried to get to know me.

Please read this link (click here)then tell me that I do not believe in anything and that Im only on here to pick on others.

There are names for people like you Tull and that is BULLY.I am not here to be harrassed by you,thank you.

If you do not like what you read in a post try doing what I do and that is don't read it.And please stop being a bully.We are losing too many decent members due to bullys and that is not fair.

At the end of the day we are all after the same thing...EXPLAINING THE UNEXPLAINED.

To everyone else,I am really sorry about ranting on like this...I am just sick of being bullied just because of what I believe in.Sorry guys.

Oops,forgot to put thank you UA for what you said. wub.gif

Edited by AliceCoopersGirl

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM JEDI COUNCIL MEMBER BURNSIDE

Faithful, loyal, wonderful members of the Skeptical Non-Believing Dark Lords and Goddesses of Uppity Annoyingness, it grieves me to even consider the message to come.

We've grown in stature, but in reality only a handful of us are really active on this site, and with the recent loss, at least for the time being, of Council members Snuffy and Falco, i've come to a predicament i decided to get sorted out with thr remaining crew instead of by myself.

You see, i've come to the acceptance that our jolly little group, while started for good, has drawn to much negative attention. More than i wish anyone to bear. Quite simply, the title is unwelcome by some. Of course you will say that this is no reason to fret, and i agree.

However, i feel the group is dwindling, especially since as i stated, i can only really vouch for a handful of people in our group actually still comming on the site at all. Those of you who do are terrific of course, and i could not hope for better members in this group.

I need you to think hard now, and ask yourselves:

Should the Skeptical Non-Believers of Uppity Annoyingness Continue, or should we disband and go our separate ways, abandoning the title and going back to our good old regular-joe/jane ways? All that would change would be our titles really.

The question is posed. Thank you for taking the time, and being a part of SNBOUA.

Curt BurnSide.

It would be a shame to see a fun group like yourselves disband, in my opinion.

I don't think the answer is to disband- since most of the attacks I've read have been directed at sceptics in general.

I hope you all reconsider, and continue as a group.

But, if you do- you'd all be welcomed in mine. grin2.gif

My title is unwelcomed by many anyways. But not from any affiliations. I made a name for myself that cannot be ignored, SNBOUA or not. I am the Moe.

But Burnside I just joined dude, and I have been enjoying the company of new people who I actually have things in common with.

I know it isnt at all serious. But it brought people together. And thats a good thing.

Instead of disbanding, why dont we just close it . No more members. And boot the inactive ones.

-Definition of Skepticism-

I think this whole 'club' is annoying all together. It seemed to have started for "fun", but has taken a different course. I don't think it is very intelligent or cool to single out other people because of their beliefs or participation in a certain club or group.

This is ridiculous. I've seen many members being abused (sarcastically) because of this whole club thing. I know for a fact that all of you are intelligent and can carry on a conversation with your own views and opinions (as Moe pointed out).

So, why must we gang up on others because their views are a bit different or skeptical (whether valid or not)? There is no reason for it and it will not be tolerated.

Stewey, you made good points, I give you credit for that. I suspect that you will be harassed in one way or another because of this thread, but that is the chance you take.

Everyone is allowed to express their views just as much as the next person. That is the joy of being involved in an online community. Diversity is awesome.

Here's a little warning for everyone involved in these 'clubs'..

If you take it too serious and abuse your involvement, I and the rest of the staff can easily remove all signs of organization.

Now that would truly be terrible if it came to that. I (and the staff) want you all to have fun with this forum, it is a great place to visit and stay for hours at a time. We appreciate your participation and interest in the website. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that. We do not want to dis-encourage anyone from posting what they believe in.

I would like to hear some other view-points on the subject. Don't be afraid to disagree with a Mod about a particular subject in any situation. You only have to follow our forum rules, not our beliefs or opinions.

You do not see myself or others getting carried away with this Apfelschnaps 'club'.

It was a joke from the beginning, never meant to be taken seriously. I believe that it started a trend, and others thought that they had to come up with a "cool club". That is ok, to a point. Which brings me back to my first paragraph.

I realise that certain members started a club before this all started. I'm sure it was never intended to go this far or get this out of control. wacko.gif

It still is too early to determine what the outcome of all this will be. I just hope it never gets brought up again (yeah right).

We are all friends here people. We obviously enjoy each other more then we think we do at times. I'll be the first to admit that I interact better here then I do with real life interaction. That is the best part of it all.

We can share views and opinions without being judged or ridiculed because of our cultures, beliefs and values, etc., etc.

Ok, I've ranted on long enough. Have fun people, life is way too short for all this tension and nonsense. cool.gif

I'm closing this thread due to the constant bickering and insults. I could care less at this point if these clubs exist anymore. Take it up with SaRuMaN if you feel my actions are incorrect.

Obviously I posted this same 'speech' in the other sceptic thread (which is still open for now).

Mentalcase