Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Baby born' captured on Google Street View

Still Waters

The birth of a baby on a German pavement has apparently been captured on Google Street view.

A photograph taken in the Berlin suburb of Wilmersdorf shows a woman lying in the street after apparently giving birth while a kneeling man cradles a newborn baby.

A second woman is shown crouching to support the head of the new mother, who appears to be lying on a towel.A car is haphazardly parked next to them in the road with its door open.

The image, taken on Hubertusallee Street, has created a buzz on technology blogs, but some users have speculated that it may be a prank.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eldorado

• FLOMBIE

• sandcat

• Asheron

I'm worried they aren't commenting becuase the woman lost the baby or something. :unsure:

probably a publicity stunt.

What better way to make people purchase their merchandise? And realisticly: Why would someone stop to give birth on the cement, when the article says there was a hospital across the street. Apparently, the side of the street this photo was taken.

I call shananigans!

Lol, poor guy, having to reach into the ol' bat cave. LOL kidding.

That poor woman, couldn't someone have went across the street to the hospital and get a doctor to come out and deliver the baby for her?

this is clearly swamp gas or a spy balloon....just joking, thats a great pic

What a load of feces. Of course it is faked. These folks need find something more constructive to do.

On breach of privacy.

More importantly is how some people are handling the Google street view images as invasion of privacy. There are laws against some of the acts people are caught doing by these cameras. They should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Because for you to be caught doing something (real or not) by a random snapshot could mean that person does this a routinely. The images are shot from the very place a private investigator would be positioned. All this smacks of people are just routinely involved in bad behavior, bad neighborhoods, and just plain dumb actions. In short no one wants to take responsibility for their actions.

How did they know that the Google car was coming? Do they publish their itinerary?

in light of the fact that there was a hospital right across the street, and that they knew nothing about the woman giving birth on the sidewalk tells me it's bullsh*t. certainly she would have been transported over to the hospital with her baby immediately after the delivery.

How did they know that the Google car was coming? Do they publish their itinerary?

Better yet, why didn't the person(s) driving the Google car stopped and help them if this were to be true?

Better yet, why didn't the person(s) driving the Google car stopped and help them if this were to be true?

It's against the Prime Directive *nods*

ALmost definately fake. But sort of entertaining, I guess. Besides, I think that if you were really having a baby born, you wouldnt lie on the cement.

And to answer the previous question: yes, people often know the google car is coming--made evident by the many public events with people lined up with signs that spell "Google" visible on google streets in Taiwan, Japan, etc... Insider information, maybe.

My partner showed me the pic this morning and I thought FAKE, that just cannot be real

It is definitely a fake: BerlinerZeitung-article in German

They could identify the side-walk to the Wilmersdorf district of Berlin - close to where I live - and nothing like that has occurred there. Not even Google taking this pic: It is a montage.

Edited by FLOMBIE

Hmmmmm what does the guy on the left doing just standing there??? is he at awe or something or is he trying to take a peek....??? :blink:

Edited by arjhay

• 3 weeks later...

How do I get a car like that? What is that car? Is it sold in the USA?