Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Good things Adolf Hitler accomplished?

A-Mike

i know most of us here will identify him as a Mass Murderer or a Mad Man/Evil leader but i heard and was shocked that he did many good things too!..

i tried to research it and found this... but if u have some knowledge to add please do so...

-he rebuilt the German economy which lay in ruins after WW1.

-he implemented race purity laws and a euthanasia program. (although thos is seen as 'evil' by multiculturalists and leftists.)

-stopped the spread of Communism into the heart of Europe

-held 2 successful Olympics in 1936

-created the first pan-european army (Waffen-SS)

Cancer

In December 1933 the Reich Anticancer Committee was founded to better organize and coordinate the nationwide research towards cancer. A lot of attention was being paid to preventive medicine, especially early detection. Later on, even more emphasis was laid upon prevention.

In the middle of the 1933's, 6 to 10 percent of all dead bodies in Germany were subjected to autopsy, giving statisticians the opportunity to analyze cancer rates.

In 1936 a study based on the autopsy figures of about 125,000 men (an impressive figure, it was the largest study of its kind anywhere in the world) was ready, showing that 18 percent of German men had died from cancer.

Tobacco

Hitler also initiated a war against this evil thing. Smoking got banned more and more, except in the Army. He or Himmler later admitted that was a mistake, but the initial reason was to keep moral high.

Due to the measures and propaganda against the use of tobacco, up till the 1950's the huge drop in cancer rates, compared with other countries, was visible. Hitler saved thousands of lives.

Child Labor

April 30, 1938: Youth Protection Law: also later on, children and young mothers got barred from working under specific circumstances.

Alcohol

Different measures were taken to i.e. the 1940 "Operation Tea", in which the consumption of non-alcoholic beverages at work was stimulated by sending all factories were workers worked under high temperature circumstances were supplied with tea.

Healthy food

German bakeries were required to produce whole-grain bread.

Healthy food was marked with the seal of approval of the NSDAP's Office of Public Health.

Meat vs. Vegetables: "Too much meat can make you sick", suggesting soybeans as subsitutes for meat, etc.

Animal Rights

A ban on vivisection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4MdL9e-cQA&feature=related

http://www.adolfthegreat.com/

Hitler did more good things than you could think of ... He was a genius, love him or hate him.. he sure build and turn Germany into superpower

Edited by A-Mike

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• questionmark

• danielost

• shadowlark

• Eldorado

Every dictator thinks they know the best for the people with out thinking of the people. I think you should spin three times after taking a pee because I'm the boss and that's what I say so from now on after taking a pee one should spin three times. Dictatorship can mean many things and it usually comes from a nut bar.

He may have done SOME good things, but they're completely overshadowed by the bad things he did.

Many serial killers were considered to be great additions to society, like being very helpful to neighbors and loved ones, going to church, being a good worker. But that doesn't make them a good person.

-he implemented race purity laws and a euthanasia program. (although thos is seen as 'evil' by multiculturalists and leftists.)

emot-stare.gif I hope you're talking about animal breeding when you talk about "racial purity laws" as a good thing

edit: Also, Democrats and liberals are more likely to support euthanasia than conservative and Republicans: http://www.gallup.com/poll/23356/Public-Continues-Support-RighttoDie-Terminally-Ill-Patients.aspx

Edited by gabe

Yes he did these thing... becuase he cared about HIS people....

That is the only thing he cared about, which is wrong. If he did it to help everyone then fair enough. But that is like a scientist discovering the cure for cancer and only using it on his on family and not allowing anyone else access to it.

Here is a point, the UK could have allied with Hitler as he believed the British where from the same descendants, Hitler hoped we would ally, he wanted that. Well I'll say somehting, I'd rather die a horrible death from cancer than be ruled by a disgusting pathetic excuse for a man like that. I lost my little sister to cancer and I will also say that no matter how much I wish she never went, I would rather the Brits fought that piece of scum than have her back. I know that she would have wanted that way as well. Lots of lives would have been ruined from him, a lot more than cancer. Hitler is one of the few things that has been in this world that is worse than cancer.

Edited by Coffey

He may have done SOME good things, but they're completely overshadowed by the bad things he did.

I agree. It would be better for the world that he didnt ruled at all.

NONE, most of his so called "accomplishments" were already started by the von Brunning government, that includes the Autobahn (The first stretch from Cologne to Bonn was already finished before Adolf came to power).

i know most of us here will identify him as a Mass Murderer or a Mad Man/Evil leader but i heard and was shocked that he did many good things too!..

i tried to research it and found this... but if u have some knowledge to add please do so...

What questionmark said.

If you – hypothetically – find yourself in a society that has such laws and you fail to meet the standards of such laws, would you commit suicide to save your state a bullet?

-stopped the spread of Communism into the heart of Europe

The main reason why Stalinism turned whole Eastern Europe into one huge gulag after the WWII was Hitler. Not only he lost the war, he managed to destroy any means of stopping the Red Army. If Nazis had equally insane but a bit more intelligent leader, the whole thing wouldn’t end in such complete disaster but “ifs” don’t help much.

-held 2 successful Olympics in 1936

And personally made the snow fall so the Winter Olympics don’t turn into mud throwing contest.

-created the first pan-european army (Waffen-SS)

And sent millions of European boys and men to die for... for... what exactly? Race purity? Isn’t it contradictory to send Europeans to kill Europeans in the name of race purity?

Cancer

In December 1933 the Reich Anticancer Committee was founded to better organize and coordinate the nationwide research towards cancer. A lot of attention was being paid to preventive medicine, especially early detection. Later on, even more emphasis was laid upon prevention.

In the middle of the 1933's, 6 to 10 percent of all dead bodies in Germany were subjected to autopsy, giving statisticians the opportunity to analyze cancer rates.

In 1936 a study based on the autopsy figures of about 125,000 men (an impressive figure, it was the largest study of its kind anywhere in the world) was ready, showing that 18 percent of German men had died from cancer.

Damn, Hitler was *this* close to discover the cure for cancer. No wonder, with such wonderful minds that helped him, like Mengele.

Tobacco

Hitler also initiated a war against this evil thing. Smoking got banned more and more, except in the Army. He or Himmler later admitted that was a mistake, but the initial reason was to keep moral high.

Due to the measures and propaganda against the use of tobacco, up till the 1950's the huge drop in cancer rates, compared with other countries, was visible. Hitler saved thousands of lives.

Whoever mentions the evil of smoking should sell his car and move somewhere away from any industry, traffic or any other source of serious pollution before he opens his hypocritical mouth.

Child Labor

April 30, 1938: Youth Protection Law: also later on, children and young mothers got barred from working under specific circumstances.

Slave labour established. Some of those slaves were more racially pure than Adolf.

Alcohol

Different measures were taken to i.e. the 1940 "Operation Tea", in which the consumption of non-alcoholic beverages at work was stimulated by sending all factories were workers worked under high temperature circumstances were supplied with tea.

Nice. It saved more lives, because drunk people tend to tell what they think and we know how healthy it was to admit you don’t exactly like der führer and his lot. Actually, you obviously don’t know that. Never mind, I’m not writing this for you anyway.

Healthy food

German bakeries were required to produce whole-grain bread.

Healthy food was marked with the seal of approval of the NSDAP's Office of Public Health.

Meat vs. Vegetables: "Too much meat can make you sick", suggesting soybeans as subsitutes for meat, etc.

Why do humans have set of teeth typical for omnivores if they are supposed to be herbivores? Vegetarianism is ethical but far from healthy. The state has no business in my bed, on my plate and generally anywhere near my privacy.

Animal Rights

A ban on vivisection.

Substituted with vivisection on humans. Not to mention all the animals that died on fronts (poor horses and dogs), as well as in bombardments from both sides.

Hitler did more good things than you could think of ... He was a genius, love him or hate him.. he sure build and turn Germany into superpower

He sure pushed Germany into the war, accepting every bait thrown in his direction. He definitively was not the only one who made that disaster come true but sure was the stupidest of them all.

Actually, sometimes I wonder how is it possible to do so much damage as Hitler did. Nobody is that stupid. Maybe that complete disaster was his true aim? Just like Stalin, a psychopath that fed on pain, directing all his efforts to invent new ways of ruining as many lives as possible. Hitler could be seen as genius only in that contex, but I guess that's not what you had in mind.

A-Mike...would that stand for Aryan?

Whether it does or doesn't alot of Aryan folks who revere or idolize Hitler would actually have been sent to death camps. Is it o.k. to be proud of one's country or to be pride of their origin....of course it is, but when you talk about killing your own people for stuff like drinking a bit too much? The SS wouldn'y even accept somebody who had a cavity or filling in their teeth. No this was not weeding out the best of the best, again many folks who are proponents of the White Power movement would have been killed for a myriad number of reasons. As a proud American -I appreciate the fact that my Family fought on a number of fronts to defeat both the Germans and Japanese. Ask yourself, if you met your dream girl and had a child with a mild learning disabilty -like dyslexia , would that baby be unfit to live? In Hitler's world your child would have been shipped away to be euthanised like a sick dog.

Man...Pride in country, race, religion --its all great , but its when we start believing we are better than the next guy that we start to lose the path.

MY OPINION

Al

When you gear your country towards war, invade other countries, steal everything they have and enslave other peoples, things are good for those at home and governance is easy. But you can only do that for so long, as every empire there's ever been will prove.

You also need economists, bankers, industrialists, entrepeneurs etc to make a nation "great".

Here's something you might like to read & digest....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economics_of_fascism

As for Hitler being a genius.....why don't you look at some photos or movies of what Berlin looked like in summer of 1945.

If that's genius, I'm glad I'm just a fool.

If that's genius, I'm glad I'm just a fool.

I agree with you:

hitler3.jpg

Volkswagen Beetle, 'nuff said.

yeh, right:

Starting in 1931, Ferdinand Porsche and Zündapp developed the Porsche Type 12, or "Auto für Jedermann" (car for everybody). Porsche already preferred the flat-4 cylinder engine, and selected a swing axle rear suspension (invented by Edmund Rumpler), while Zündapp used a water-cooled 5-cylinder radial engine..

See here.

yeh, right:

Starting in 1931, Ferdinand Porsche and Zündapp developed the Porsche Type 12, or "Auto für Jedermann" (car for everybody). Porsche already preferred the flat-4 cylinder engine, and selected a swing axle rear suspension (invented by Edmund Rumpler), while Zündapp used a water-cooled 5-cylinder radial engine..

See here.

Yes, but:

In 1933, Adolf Hitler gave the order to Ferdinand Porsche to develop a Volkswagen (literally, "people's car" in German, pronounced [ˈfɔlksvaːɡən]). The epithet Volks- literally, "people's-" was also applied to other Nazi sponsored consumer goods such as Volksradio. Hitler required a basic vehicle capable of transporting two adults and three children at 100 km/h (62 mph). The "People's Car" would be available to citizens of the Third Reich through a savings scheme, or Sparkarte (savings booklet),[8] at 990 Reichsmark, about the price of a small motorcycle (an average income being around 32RM a week).[9]

Erwin Komenda, Porsche's chief designer, was responsible for the design and style of the car. But production only became worthwhile when finance was backed by the Third Reich. War started before large-scale production of the Volkswagen started, and manufacturing shifted to producing military vehicles. Production of civilian VW automobiles did not start until post-war occupation.

Link: My link

So without Hitler's financial backing, we may not have the Beetle.

Yes, but:

Link: My link

You mean without the money Hitler stole from the trade unions there would have been a Beetle build by Zundapp or Rumpler (who, being Jewish landed in Jail) instead of by Volkswagen. Yes, very possible.

Guess everything else can be forgiven then.

60 million people dead? pfft...we have the VW Beetle.

(Edit cos my spelling aint wot it used to be)

Edited by Eldorado

Hitler was a scum bag and I personally would pull the trigger of a shot gun aimed at his head. I have to ask, what medical knowledge came from all the death and carnage?

Hitler was a scum bag and I personally would pull the trigger of a shot gun aimed at his head. I have to ask, what medical knowledge came from all the death and carnage?

How to kill a million people without causing too much mess?

I mean ffs how can the OP even consider Hitler as anything but an evil piece of ****

Just to add to it ....Hitler was also a speed freak. His personal physician gave him injections of amphetamines. Some folks say in his final days , he was in early stages of Parkinsons because of the speed addiction. He also was a sexual deviant who had the hots for his niece,not to mention the question of Hitler's pedigree...I heard he had a little Jew in him...can we all say self hate?

I had to do a project at my history class, and I remember that i've read a lot of WWII books to find what can be used as a defense for Hitler's actions, and nothing. Even if Hitler done some things good, there are millions of things bad. The same happend in my country with Ceausescu

I had to do a project at my history class, and I remember that i've read a lot of WWII books to find what can be used as a defense for Hitler's actions, and nothing. Even if Hitler done some things good, there are millions of things bad. The same happend in my country with Ceausescu

600 million wrong.

saddam's was around 1 million wrong.

Welcome to UM, fgirtan.

I’ll never forget Ceausescu’s face when the crowd interrupted his speech. After that, everyone over here was glued to the TV and I was really happy for you when it was over.

600 million wrong.

saddam's was around 1 million wrong.

daniel, I’m going to win the lottery, overcome my fear of airports (airports, not flying), come over there to US and strangle you :lol: Kidding.

First, count your zeros.

Second, Ceausescu was communist dictator that terrorized Romania.

Other than that, I see your point and it’s a good point.