Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The San Agustin Plains UFO Crash

JonathanVonErich

The story goes this way: At the very same time as the Roswell crash on July 3, 1947, something most peculiar may have happened somewhere on the San Agustin Plains. Nothing at all was heard about any odd events on the plains for many years. Some locals who were around in those days recall a lot of planes flying around behind Shaw Mt. in the Coyote Peak area. This unusual amount of aerial activity went on for some months, well into the fall of 1947. This may account for the USAAFL-3 spotter plane crash at Horse Springs. It seems that in the summer of 1947, a retired rancher from the Plains area was driving on old route NM 12 about 20 miles south of Datil, when he noticed what he took to be a child walking in a pasture near the highway. This was a remote area where unattended children are never seen. He decided to stop and see if he could help. He parked his truck, opened a barb wire gate and went towards the "child." As he got closer, he noticed it was unlike any human child he had ever seen and it was not wearing children's clothing, but a one piece gray outfit. He encouraged it towards the gate and his pickup truck parked on the shoulder. It was apparently dazed but cooperative. When he got to the truck he picked up the child and put it in the front seat of his pickup. He said at this point it was very scared. He noticed four long fingers, but no thumbs, no ears, fairly large eyes. Traveling a few miles down the road, the rancher reached a little town of Horse Springs. There he turned north towards Green's Gap where he lived. Green's Gap was not a town, but the designation of a valley between hillsides. There was once a store here and a cluster of building which the locals called Green's Gap. It is 12 miles north of Horse Springs, NM between NM Highway 12 and US Highway 60. When he reached home, he brought the "child" into his house. His wife offered it food and water, but it would not take any. It did calm down some and they were able to get it into a chair. They contacted the Catron Country Sheriff's office; a deputy was due out the next morning. When the couple went to bed they left it sitting in the chair. When they got up the next morning, it was gone. Local lore has it that two years later in August of 1949, a crashed UFO was found with alien bodies, we believe it may have been on the south side of Pelona Mt. In the summer of 1947, Barney Barnett made his discovery of a crashed disk about a mile from NM Highway 12, within several miles of where the rancher allegedly found the strange child. Barnet said that three or four alien bodies were at the crash site. We assume the beings that Barney saw looked like the child and were on the ground outside of the craft. None appeared to be alive. Barnett said the craft had been split open on the edge. Indications are the craft Barnett discovered came down at night and occasional car lights would have been very visible from the crash site for some seven-hundred feet, in the slightly hilly terrain. A crash at Pelona Mt., or any of the surrounding remote peaks in the vicinity, would present a different set of conditions for an alien making its way from, on or around the area peaks and rugged terrain in between. Pelona Mt. is the highest peak n the immediate area at 9,220 feet. The mountain is about 15 miles south of Horse Springs (where the rancher turned north with his passenger). Many of the mountains including Pelona Mt., is steeper on the north side where it overlooks the Plains, than on the south side where the terrain is less steep and suitable for livestock grazing.

Recently a book about the case was written, "UFO Crash at San Augustin" (aka Agustine), and some UFO "experts" like Stanton Friedman and Chuck Wade claims the event at San Agustin really happened. This event may or may not be true, but the author and others are continuing to investigate it.

Here are the links to a great documentary/Investigation about the case, an episode of UFO Hunters about the San Agustine crash.

San Agustine crash part 1

San Agustine crash part 2

San Agustine crash part 3

San Agustine crash part 4

San Agustine crash part 5

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JonathanVonErich

• booNyzarC

• Hazzard

• meteorlima

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the Link, Hazz, will read all that later. Hey, i never said the crash happened by the way, I'm just reporting the informations, i'm neutral. ^_^

Thanks for the Link, Hazz, will read all that later.

Hey, i never said the crash happened by the way, I'm just reporting the informations, i'm neutral. ^_^

Getting a good debate going is a good thing. :tu:

Thanks for another entertaining set of videos Jon. I've seen this one before, but I'll give it another look because I was a firm believer the first time I watched this. I wonder what my skeptical eyes will pick up this time around... ;)

Thanks for another entertaining set of videos Jon. I've seen this one before, but I'll give it another look because I was a firm believer the first time I watched this. I wonder what my skeptical eyes will pick up this time around... ;)

Thanks Boo. :tu:

Well, I'll say this about the show... it does what most modern day UFOlogy videos and conferences do very well: It raises more questions and mystery to fuel the interest, and very little to answer the question.

I'll have to think about the content for a while before, and even if, I substantially comment further. Perhaps I'll watch it again as well. But to me, honestly, so far it just further validates the possibility that Nick Redfern's Body Snatchers in the Desert is much closer to the truth than most people realize or allow themselves to accept.

"Artifacts" recovered from the Plains of San Agustin in 2004 by Chuck Wade and Art Campbell (Lab Results)....chuck wade ...also Art Campbell who researched and rediscovered crash site......Art Campbell.......Photos and documents of ufo crash debris....My link

"Artifacts" recovered from the Plains of San Agustin in 2004 by Chuck Wade and Art Campbell (Lab Results)....chuck wade ...also Art Campbell who researched and rediscovered crash site......Art Campbell.......Photos and documents of ufo crash debris....My link

Interesting links meteorlima. Thanks for the info and welcome to UM. Edit - I guess you've been a member for a long time, just not many posts. Welcome anyway. :)

Physical trace evidence is certainly something worthy of consideration. My initial questions at this point would be, how can we know the source of these samples coincide with the location in question? And how can we know that they were actually there in 1947?

Edited by booNyzarC

Interesting links meteorlima. Thanks for the info and welcome to UM. Edit - I guess you've been a member for a long time, just not many posts. Welcome anyway. :)

Physical trace evidence is certainly something worthy of consideration. My initial questions at this point would be, how can we know the source of these samples coincide with the location in question? And how can we know that they were actually there in 1947?

Art Campbell re-discovered the crash site in 1995 and unearthed many artifacts...it is difficult to pin point exact period of time metal had been in that location except for the weathering....The Plains of San Agustin an ancient dry lake bed is 55 miles long between 5-15 miles wide of remote desert and difficult to reach the crash site. Chuck Wade interview with Jerry Pippen explains.....Jerry Pippin

Thank you for the links Meteorlima. I think Chuck Wade is a credible investigator, I love the research he did about Area 51. I don't know Art Campbell, the only thing i know about him is that he wrote the book about The San Agustine crash. I'll do more research.

Art Campbell re-discovered the crash site in 1995 and unearthed many artifacts...it is difficult to pin point exact period of time metal had been in that location except for the weathering....The Plains of San Agustin an ancient dry lake bed is 55 miles long between 5-15 miles wide of remote desert and difficult to reach the crash site. Chuck Wade interview with Jerry Pippen explains.....Jerry Pippin

Well, I listened to the podcasts. I wish that I could say that I'm impressed, but I'm not. I mean... how many crashed saucers was it again? And they were brought down by some kind of weaponized radar? Radar hadn't been around very long at that point, you know? And it doesn't seem to have an impact like that on our aircraft... Perhaps someone who is actually familiar with radar technologies could address this in a more qualified manner than my *cough* LOL :lol: .

And then when he started talking about the propulsion system that he suspected was used... Adapted NRAM, it appears to be called when looking at his web site, I literally burst out laughing. So the saucers use a high tech... steam engine? Really? Did I understand his description in the podcast correctly?

Sounds pretty far-fetched to me, but then I'm no scientist.

And the analysis of the samples didn't impress me much either. Dr. Roger Leir had a hand in this testing? He said that samples were sent world-wide, and yet we only get lab results from one place, and it just happens to be the same place (I'm assuming) that Leir takes his "implants." What about the results from the other labs "world-wide?"

I really do try to suspend my disbelief to entertain the possibility of ETH, but things like this just make it very difficult for me to do so. Perhaps if some other labs can return some test results so that there is more of a comparative analysis it would help clear things up. Although, I have to wonder, if samples were truly sent off to other labs but those results aren't published is it because {a} the results proved that the material is from earth, {b} the results haven't come back, or {c} samples weren't actually sent to other labs?

As I now think the Roswell 'crash' happened...but think that the Roswell debris was just a small? part

of the whole thing....???

I wonder if this San Agustin Plains (alleged) crash site...might have been the MAIN site with the

majority of craft with beings?

It's a contender anyway...... :)

Maybe

Perhaps

The distance between the two places isn't THAT far....and I can imagine the 'memory metal' kind of

floating for miles before landing.

I doubt though that there would be any crash debris left in situ, though.

That would have all been cleared up...thoroughly...

I will have to go back and look at the OP info again......

I'll admit that I haven't really read up on the whole Roswell case and the other supposed crash sites. However, was there or has there been since, any major excavation of one or more of the sites? Yes, the military came in quick and swept everything away, but if it was a high impact crash - something must have buried itself.

I mean its like a contact lens or a coin (especially 20p's!)...you drop them, and they manage to create a rift in space and end up in a completely unexpected place. Maybe some of the Roswell debris is like my 20p coin...

I'll admit that I haven't really read up on the whole Roswell case and the other supposed crash sites. However, was there or has there been since, any major excavation of one or more of the sites? Yes, the military came in quick and swept everything away, but if it was a high impact crash - something must have buried itself.

I mean its like a contact lens or a coin (especially 20p's!)...you drop them, and they manage to create a rift in space and end up in a completely unexpected place. Maybe some of the Roswell debris is like my 20p coin...

(underlined)...I don't know....depends what the craft was made of? And if it was shot down?

Rather than actually crashing....

This is the video that got me off the fence re. Roswell.

Roswell bit starts at 2:22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NylZw7U95UU

IF it was see-through and had a spongey floor...it might not have had any really hard bits?

Im thinking this maybe why so Little Is ever taught in Schools about Tesla and His Death Ray ! Its All Magic and Done with Mirrors me thinks? :wacko: